951 Caroline Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://primekeywest.com/
- Phone: 305-296-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kim Quach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Reynolds 305-293-5123
A word from Prime Steakhouse
Prime Steakhouse offers the finest steaks in the Florida Keys! Whether a 24oz Bone in Rib Eye or a succulent Filet, grilled to perfection, Prime is the best kept secret in Key West. Tucked away in the Conch Harbor Marina above Dante's, settle into our intimate dining room and let our servers take care of the rest. In addition to fabulous steaks, Prime serves Fresh Florida Lobster and nightly Seafood and Pasta specials. Nightly specials may also include a 16 oz Bone In Filet, Double Bone Pork Chop and an outrageous 16oz Veal Chop. Don't miss the Crab Cake and the Smoked Gouda & White Truffle Macaroni & Cheese. Noted for it's impeccable world-class service, the finest wines from the USA, Italy & France and a superb Martini and Cocktail menu, Prime has become the locals favorite Steakhouse!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (29)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Keep in mind I am a local....NOT for big groups. Our party of 12 was told to be quiet. The restaurant is very small & everything echos. The $300 bottles of wine are served warm. They are not even accommodating to chill it. After the wine complaint & the keep it down request, the server was unexceptably rude. Thankfully, the food was good though!
- happy timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This will be short because there is not much to say we have been there 5 or 6 times and it is the best steak house on the island. 1st class and great people. It would be hard to make it better then what it is. ThanksSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Had tremendous time eating at Prime Steakhouse! Everything was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdeldineDined on 9/2/2014No Complaints . . . Excellent . . . Nice Atmosphere . . . Loved the PlaceSpecial Features:
- Best Steakhouse in Key Westlive2eatDined on 8/30/2014Great dining experience with friends , food was great the most succulent steak we had perfect temperature. Attentive staff definitely a gem. The side dishes we ordered are all delicious,great wine and cocktails. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:
- If you've had enough seafood ...RonKVIPDined on 8/29/2014If you've had your share of Florida's wonderful black grouper and you're ready for beef, I strongly recommend Prime Steakhouse. Appetizers were wonderful and the filet and strip that we ordered were cooked like a NYC steakhouse, medium rare as ordered. We'll be back!Special Features:
- once again a wonderful mealvegasloverVIPDined on 8/20/2014we have eaten here many times. the service is excellent. the food is excellent. we return every time we are in key west. if you want the best steak and the best service come here. there are not many tables so make reservations. also this restaurant, although on the waterfront, does not really have a view. it is located above dante's bar and pretty much up by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet with Blue Cheese...Foodie1344Dined on 8/18/2014My husband & I really enjoyed our dinner @ Prime Steakhouse. So much so, that we are dining there again tonight. We have been in Key West for a week & I must say our meal @ Prime was the best. My husband ordered the Crab Cake app & the 16oz "bone-in" Filet (on special.) i ordered the Escargot app & the 10oz Filet w/Crumbled Blue Cheese. All the seaks are served with an amazing whole roasted garlic, to be squeezed onto the steak, AMAZING! We also ordered the Asparagus & Truffled Mac & Smoked Gouda (mac-n-cheese.) Our only complaint, the asparagus was approx 1 min undercooked. Just a little too crunchy. Diners will not be disappointed, food was fantastic, large portions. We actually ordered too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!!Good4foodDined on 8/8/2014Our experience started off a little rocky. It was my boyfriends birthday&I had made a reservation prior to opening&made the reservation for 8:30. We got there on time in fact it was exactly 8:28pm. They tell me it's going to be at least 20 mins before my table was ready but most outside seating was open so we took that, even though it was 98 degrees outside and we were in dress clothes. Not a huge deal but still what's the point of a reservation&making a note you want an inside table. Also it took our server 25 mins to get our drink order&also went through the specials so fast 3 of us had no clue what was said. Now after this, out food was amazing&the GM checked on us&was very sweet. Just the beginning was ruff&hope they work on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner and ServiceJeffBillDined on 8/6/2014Our meal was very good and delivered in a timely manner. Drinks at the bar beforehand were enjoyable. Our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!StevearinoDined on 8/6/2014They had an appetizers special which all but one in our group took advantage of. The one who didn't do appetizer had a bone in filet. He ordered it medium and it was medium rare at best. Told the manager and she really wasn't interested. The server was also told so that she could inform the chef. We were not asking for a discount. We just wanted the chef and manager to know the steak was not cooked properly. The person who ordered the steak in our group did not want to wait for it to be cooked further as the rest of us ate so he did not send it back. Appetizers were good and the steaks I have had in the past here have been good. Everyone has an off night!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was not good, but minimal attendance works fine, not american peoiple friendly. Food and ambience great.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!gymbrentDined on 6/20/2014Great steak and seafood. Nice wine list with good selection. Service was awesome, Katie was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifulsmb566Dined on 6/20/2014I love Key West and the food. After a long week of eating fried fish and conch fritters, it was so nice to have a nice place for a good steak and different options for seafood other then just fried. I would highly recommend eating here if you want want to dress up and have beautiful dinner and not being around smokers in flip flops.Special Features:
- Very good food but,...AteItDined on 6/16/2014Be prepared to open your wallet wide! My husband and I started with oysters, which were good but nothing out of this world. Which is a bit disappointing when you're in the Keys. Then we each had the filet mignon at $42 per person. That includes no sides, just the steak. The sides are ala carte, and big enough to share. The filet was excellent, melts in your mouth and very filling for 10oz. They have a very extensive wine list and a decent small bar area. The location and interior is a bit off putting. It's above some stores on the second level near several empty store fronts. The interior is dark and dated and whether you sit inside or out you have no view to speak of. It's really catered towards groups of 5+. and that'll be quite the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent every timeExcellentDined on 6/16/2014I truly enjoy steakhouses, and visit them all over the country. Prime consistently has product as good or better than any of them. Granted, you do not get the same ambience as a big city steakhouse; however, the food, always consistent and excellent truly makes up for thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in KeyWest!BetsDined on 6/13/2014I think this is one of the BEST restaurants in Key West! Great service and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLucyLulzworthDined on 6/13/2014Ive been living in the keys a long time and have been meaning to check out this steak house for awhile. I am sure glad I did, it is now one of my favorite restaurants down here. Shrimp cocktail is OFF THE HOOK!! Soupd, appetizers and entrees were all incredible. I will 100% be going back for more!!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014This was our 25th Anniversary. Prime gave us a private table and gave us the 5 Star treatment.Food was equally as good. Would recommend for any romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!! A Must Go!!ILUVSTEAKDined on 6/2/2014This was our second time to Prime Steak House and it was perfect. I brought my girl friend here for a romantic night and everything was amazing from the incredibly delicious steak all cooked to perfection, the Waite staff was more than courteous and ready to make your dinner as special as possible. The restaurant was clean and have an vintage feel and look which now a days is hard to find. This is truly a gem and we will be returning fairly soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local's favorite steakhouse!kwcrystalbriDined on 5/29/2014We've live in Key West and tried just about every restaurant and Prime is our favorite for steak and just a romantic date night. Service is excellent. Shaun the busser was very friendly as well as our server. The host accommodated any request we might have. I highly recommend Prime Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Good (but just steaks) steak placeJudyHDined on 5/24/2014If you're looking for a great steak in Key West, this is the place ... but I wouldn't go for anything else. The menu options are basic for steak folks. That's not a bad thing - do what you do and do it REALLY WELL! The steak I had, with roasted garlic was perfectly prepared and superbly flavored ... but not the best cut I've ever eaten. There are other places in Key West with a more robust menu, but this place is hands-down the best for steak.Special Features:
- Key West GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2014Prime Steakhouse lives up to it's name. Our meal was outstanding. Our steaks we're cooked to perfection. The a la carte sides are large enough to share. The service and ambience were just right for this upscale eatery. It was husband's birthday and he was treated to a slice of homemade caramel cheesecake! Would definitely return when visiting Key West.Special Features:
- Worth the visit...BIllDined on 5/15/2014Went with a group of guys, restaurant was a little slow, but our waitress was great. Food was great.Special Features:
- Prime 951: Best Restaurant in TownhjmalloyDined on 5/6/2014This restaurant is not just for steak lovers. There are also incredible fish dishes. Service is excellent; they make you feel very special. It is a quiet atmosphere inside but if you have children you will feel very comfortable with their outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Foodie33Dined on 5/4/2014We loved everything we ordered. They made awesome margaritas. You have to try the truffle macaroni and cheese. The fish oscar style was delicious. My husband could stop talking about the bone in filet. Can't wait to go back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok foodMoosegirl718Dined on 5/2/2014Nice place ok food not worth the price plenty of better places to eat in key west
- Best steak in Key WestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2014My husband had the rib eye and I had the filet - cooked perfectly, melt in your mouth. Sides and salads big enough to share. Service was excellent. Comparable to fine steakhouses in major cities.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We were traveling from Connecticut and was looking for a great steak dinner. This restaurant was wonderful. Quiet night, great food and good service. We would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touches NeededFoodishDined on 4/4/2014Too dark inside and a bit too loud outside. Hard to find. It's above a loud pool bar.
- Always Great SteakREDSTOREVIPDined on 3/30/2014If you want a great steak on Key West, this is the place.Special Features:
- DisappointedSliceoflifeDined on 3/28/2014We had heard many things about this restaurant. We were not enthused. Sides were lacking. Steaks were so/so. Service with a bad attitude. Too many other places in KW. We found Strio House at the Reach superior.
- Fabulous Everything!LeanneDined on 3/21/2014Food, service and atmosphere is fantastic at Prime. We eat here every time we come to Key West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak.vegasloverVIPDined on 3/20/2014Prime Steakhouse once again presented a wonderful meal. We have eaten here many times and you can count on great service and excellent food every time. The steaks are perfect. The sides and salads are wonderful. If you are looking for a huge menu, don't come here but each and every item is cooked to perfection especially the steaks. We also enjoy eating at the bar sometimes for a more casual dine. The service is very attentive . We love to split the 10 oz filet and get salads and two sides including the wonderful truffle mac and cheese. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great wedding gift. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014A great wedding gift. We enjoyed the experience very much. Would return when in Key West again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KW FavoriteKWLUV3Dined on 3/14/2014This is a classic type restaurant with great food, attentive service, quiet, dark calm ambience, all of which are rare finds in KW under one roof. Have been there several times before usually as a foursome, last night was a celebration with six and everything was handled nicely by very capable and friendly Olga. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great potential….but.miamiheidiDined on 3/11/2014escargot & lump crab vichyssoise soup - absolutely wonderful. steaks - excellent quality meat -- cooked to the correct "doneness", but served ice cold. we ordered 'rare', but it wasn't just cool in the center -- it was COLD all the way thru, the fat was rock-hard. french fries served lukewarm, VERY greasy, soggy. our hostess very nicely insisted on replacing them, but unfortunately didn't receive the 2nd batch until we were pretty much finished with dinner, and they were still very greasy and fairly soggy. key lime pie -- worst we've ever had way too expensive wonderful, really excellent service by all - lovely atmosphere -
- HoneymoonTravelerDined on 3/10/2014Came here late during our honeymoon. Pricey but delicious steaks! Great, quiet and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerConchlifeDined on 3/9/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner. The food and wine were great. The filet was off the chart. Olga our server was very pleasant. If you are in Key West and ant a memberable dinner, don't miss prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN LOVE!MoniqueLuigelleDined on 3/7/2014My boyfriend and I came here on a Friday night for a belated birthday dinner for myself and just a romantic date night experience and we were amazed by this beautiful restaurant! Everything we are we fell head over heels for and our server was the sweetest! The hostess was sweet as well and greeted us with a smile and escorted us to our table very quickly! Definitely coming back and was worth every penny, no doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.