42 E. Main Street
Webster, NY 14580Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://primerochester.com/
- Phone: 5852654777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30-10pm, Friday & Saturday 4:30-11pm,
Prime Time" (Happy Hour) Tuesday - Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: David Moscowitz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Tammy Mason for information at 265-4777.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Tammy Mason with any inquiries regarding private dining at Prime Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy Mason 5852654777
- Entertainment: LIVE JAZZ this Friday from 6-10pm in the Prime Bar!
- Special Events: LIVE JAZZ this Friday from 6-10pm in the Prime Bar!
A word from Prime Steakhouse
Prime has established itself as Rochester's premier steakhouse offering the finest quality meats and New York City style dining for an experience that you will remember. This summer, unwind on our patio or cool off in our trendy bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- We decided to sit outside.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012We decided to sit outside. We were seated and it was approximately 15 minutes before a server came out. After our meals came we did not see our sserver until after we were finished eating. My wife wanted another glass of wine and water and had to go to the bar herself to get it. It is way over priced for what you get. There are a number of steakhouses in the area that are better that are 15% less in cost. $8 for approximately 3 sips of wine is ridiculous. Not very good value for your money. Will not be going back again.
- ordered prim rib med. it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012ordered prim rib med. it was not warm at all, came with a wierd brown wine gravy on it not shown on menu, not much food for the price, they gave us three tiny pieces of bread for two people. Waitress did not check back with us to see how the food was. Went there for our aniversary dinner, was very very disappionted.
- Too $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012After hearing so much about Prime, we finally decided to go. I regret that we went. For the price of the food, it wasn't that great. Everything was way over priced. Definitely NOT the best steak house in town. We will not be back.Special Features:
- My husband and I both enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012My husband and I both enjoyed our dinner however felt it was overpriced. We felt the menu was limited for such an expensive place. To be able to only get one of three salads...with specific dressing on them seemed ridiculous. Also, you have to pay for each item separately. My dinner (an 8 0z filet) with a salad and a side was over $60. We could go to another local restuarant and have comparable quality food for less with more ambiance...and more selection. We wouldn't go again without a gift card...thankfully we also had once this time. The service was very good.
- This was our third time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012This was our third time at Prime. Each time we have had a great meal with excellent service. We usually dine there on special occasions as it is a bit of a drive from our home but well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Overall prine steakhouse wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Overall prine steakhouse was nice. Just over priced.
- All was good except for myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2012All was good except for my filet was unevenly cooked. Medium on some, rare in center and well on one end. I ordered it mediumSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our food and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012We enjoyed our food and the outdoor area @ Prime SteakhouseSpecial Features:
- I think this is a very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012I think this is a very overpriced restaurant. I always wonder if one is spending $39 for a steak why a potato or salad is alacarte. My husband's baked potato was barely warm he said. Obviously I know why the extra cost but that has always bothered me. My mojito for $9 was 3 sips and the rest ice. I will not be returning because the price is prohibitive for me, even for a special occasion. We went on a Thursday night and the restaurant said business casual was suggested yet there were men there in shorts and "wife-beater" shirts.
- Very relaxing atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012Very relaxing atmosphere. Our server was excellent. We had a table outside and noticed the planters. We were extremely impressed that the planters were herbs are fresh herbs that are actually used by the restaurant.Special Features:
- Service was good, fast andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Service was good, fast and helpful but my food wasn't very good. I was expecting something great for how much everything costs. I ordered a 12 ounce strip steak medium rare for $32 (for just the steak) and it came with fat all around the outside of it. I expected it to come ready to eat. I could have ordered a steak at Apple Bees and would have been happy and it would have cost A LOT less.Special Features:
- For a steak house, they haveOpentablefanVIPDined on 6/26/2012For a steak house, they have no idea how to cook a steak. Ours were over cooked and dried out. Very, very expensive. For people with a bottle of wine - $400Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2012My boyfriend and I went to Prime on June 26, 2012 after making a reservation. We sat down right away, however, we were left with water and bread for twenty minutes before our server greeted us to take our drink and food order. This was very disappointing so I told the server that I thought he had forgotten about us, and he said "I'm not going to lie, I actually did". AWKWARD. That was a total turn off. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice, the food was not so great for the cost of the $39 filet, it was lacking seasoning. I would not return to this restaurant even if I had a gift certificate as the customer service was just terrible.Special Features:
- Fell short of primeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Reservations were at 7:30; seated at 7:45. Waitress was very courteous, bread was delicious served w/whipped butter and chives. One of us ordered the french onion soup which was served 45 min later piping hot; although our waitress apologized to us several times in the meantime. The soup was delicious with crusted coated breaded cheese and offered a delicate sweet note to its ending.30 min later, dinner came, 1 had the salmon special, it met our satisfaction. The other ordered rib eye steak med-rare and it was tough and stringy, certainly not the signature dish that we had hoped for at a steak house and lacked flavor even with the trio of sauces brought along with it. The whipped mashed potatoes were wonderful, as were the green beansSpecial Features:
- Okay but not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Food was fine but nothing special. Given the price I expected an extra touch. The ribeye was no better than Scotch and Sirloin and the Salmon special was no better than some other places in town. For those prices I expected better. It was nice to have two different pieces of bread served for variety, but it sure was lucky we didn't both want the same kind because that was all we got.
- Meat was good, vegetable ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Meat was good, vegetable of the day was so-so. Decent wine list. Chocolate mousse was very good. Noisy but livable.
- We went to Prime SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012We went to Prime Steakhouse because they advertise the best steaks. Although I thought the restaurant ambiance, the service, and the appetizers were excellent (especially the onion soup), I could not say the same for the meat. I had the Filet Mignon and my wife had the prime rib. I requested that the Filet Mignon not be overly charred (an option offered by the server, and because if I wanted to eat charcoal I would eat a briquette). All I can say is that my fillet was VERY dry. I prefer a juicy steak. My wife stated that her prime rib was tougher than expected. If the meat were up to expectations we would be back in a heart beat. Sorry to say it was not.Special Features:
- Great for a special occasion; pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012The only reason for Very Good on Overall is the price. A bit higher than I'd normally like. That said, the food and experience was great. The iceberg wedge was a treat with two kinds of blue cheese and bacon - cool, smoky, rich. The 18 oz. ribeye was well marbled and had a fantastic beefy flavor. For dessert, peanut butter cake from Leo's Bakery. Much better than the usual PB pie you get, with a PB mousse in surrounded by chocolate, with dense brownie chunks on top.Special Features:
- Staff seemed very young andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2012Staff seemed very young and were walking around seemingly just to socialize with each other, the place was empty (even though they told me 9:00pm was last possible reservation they had, apparentely all of the other times were taken?), the food is very expensive and even a side of vegatables or mashed potatoes will cost you an extra $5, my favorite part was the waiter that asked if we would like bread, and then brought out a big basket with two pieces of bread in it, one tiny roll for each of us.... is there a dinner roll shortage I should know about? For such an expensive place, I'd like to see professional servers and impressive food. The steak was just ok, to be very honest, and we passed on the very bland dessert menu.
- The food was good althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012The food was good although my steak was overdone. Our waitress did offer to take it back, but I thought it was good enough. I was annoyed that the sides were extra. i think a $39 entree should include a side. My biggest complaint was the noise level almost equivalent to a sports bar. I was hoping it would be a neighborhood favorite, but the prices and noise would prevent us from coming back. Maybe the outdoor dining is more enjoyable
- We were seated by the doorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012We were seated by the door to the ordering area/kitchen (I assume)and could hear some kitchen noise which I thought was a little odd for a more "upscale" place.Not that big a deal-just gave it more of a diner feel. It was an ok place-won't return tho'-entrees are too expensive for what you get. Salads are not included with your entree (not that unusual I know),but at $6-$8 ,are a little expensive on top of entree price. If you don't order appetiser/salad, then you have a somewhat long wait for your dinner with only a roll to munch on.One roll per customer-you have to ask for more.Would a small relish dish per table be too much? Maybe it just wasn't our night or maybe I was expecting more.
- This 3rd visit was a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012This 3rd visit was a disappointment. They were OUT of Prime Cuts (their main feature attraction), OUT of potatoes (except french fries and baked). Because my dinner companion had to cancel at the last minute, I lost my reserved table and had to sit in the bar, where it was uncomfortable and very loud. I sat for 20 minutes with an empty coffee cup. I did have bread and butter (the ONE and only roll they gave me was the size of an egg). I had the filet (a bit salty), a baked potato (large), and French Onion soup (gruyere cheese was good).Special Features:
- Order the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012I guess going to a place that specializes in steak, we should have ordered steak, but we decided on something else. I ordered the gnocchi which I had high hopes for but it was very cheesy, salty and overly spicy. My girlfriend ordered the lobster tail which for the price, was small. The waiter was pleasant enough; however, the service was slow. Overall, this was an "ok" experience but I wouldn't go there again. Order the steak...Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2012Excellent food and service. Servers (Kim and Laurie) and management (Eric) are committed to customer satisfaction, and will do whatever is necessary to make your dining experience pleasant.Special Features:
- Meal was delicious and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Meal was delicious and service at the table was very good. The service at the reception when we first arrived with a reservation could have been better. We were left standing there for 10 minutes with the excuse that the table was being cleaned when we could see two cleaned, empty tables right away. Also, there could have been a couple of sofas or some other suitable place for patrons to wait.Special Features:
- The service was all but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The service was all but good that evening. I was very dissapointed on how much the menu had changed. (ex. only 8oz fillet,1 special and the crabcakes are gone.)The band in the bar was very loud we couldn't talk without shouting to be heard. I have been to Prime many times,the service has been terible the last two times. I think that the food is very good and would be willing to payfor it if the service wasn't so bad.
- Rather expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Rather expensive for what you get. Steak my wife had was good, but not as good as a recent steak at Outback for a third of the price. We generally don't go to chain restaurants like Outback. We've been to Next Door, Black and Blue, Rooney's all of which are much better.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2012Too expensive for the quality of food that is being served. Everything was just fair. We could think of tons of places in Rochester that are much better and a little cheaper!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Excellent food and service. Prime Rib was cooked to perfection. That evening's Cod special was delicious. Try the Peanut butter cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Loved the atmosphere. The restaurant decor is beautiful. Food was great.Special Features:
- Just okayMelootDined on 6/14/2012We went on a Thursday evening-they had run out of Waygu burgers, and all of their prime meat cuts. My husband ordered his sirloin medium and when it came only a few pieces were actually medium most were well done; the saving grace was that the steak was very flavorful.Special Features:
- Prime was pricey. Unless youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Prime was pricey. Unless you ordered the small steak which was not recommended, then the meal didn't even include a side. Of course you will want a side with your steak. The service on the other hand was excellent.Special Features:
- Improvement ideasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012This was the first time my wife and I came to Prime. The service and food were very good. The overall appearance was nice. There were 3 things that could be improved for no or very little cost. 1. We sat in chairs that faced the east windows. Way too bright.... I could barely see the people we came with until the sun went down. 2. There was no one at the hostess desk when we arrived. That happens but several resturant workers walked by and didn't even mention that the hostess would be right there. I almost thought we had to seat ourselves. 3. When the server explains the specials for dinner, they should also give the price so people don't have to ask. It makes you feel cheap to ask.Special Features:
- I had the flank steak whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012I had the flank steak which was OK, just slightly tuff and not really worth the $26. I've done a better job on a flank steak at home. My friend had the cajun steak special which he enjoyed but worth $42 is pushing it. We were there during early dinner hour so there was happy hour in the bar area, a lot of noise. The sound system was playing decent music but with the noise from the bar all I could hear was the base and background of it and it was repetative. Not sure I would go back.
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012This was my second visit. I experimented with menu items I had not tried on the first visit. Everything was premier first-class. I will be returning.Special Features:
- We were a party of 6, We allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012We were a party of 6, We all got steak, We sat in a booth with so much elbow room I couldn't believe it. Now about the food, It was the best porterhouse I've ever had, cooked exactly the way I asked. The rest of my party was as happy as I was. The only thing that puzzled me was we had to pay extra for vegetables which should come with your meal. The service was perfect. Thanks Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was excellent, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Food was excellent, although a bit pricey. It would be nice if a dinner salad were included with the entree. For the most part, the portions were just right, but my man left feeling he could have eaten more. However, the ambiance of the restaurant is classy and current which impressed us. Overall, we enjoyed our experience at Prime very much and highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- I would heartily recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012I would heartily recommend a visit to this restaurant by anyone who is in search of truly delicious dining. Outstanding menu items include truffled macaroni and cheese worth dying for, wagyu beef and black angus prime steaks. Not inexpensive, but worth it!Special Features:
- Not HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012We were very disappointed. After waiting 45 minutes to be seated after our reserved time and spending a fortune at the bar, we were only seated to learn that the prime rib (which what we came for), porterhouse, lobster and mushrooms were no longer available. This is a restaurant called Prime which specializes in prime cuts of beef and Prime Rib on Friday and Saturdays. We also learned the prime rib was gone 3 hours prior to our seating.
- Had 8 p.m. Reservation butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Had 8 p.m. Reservation but werent seated until 8:40. Be prepared to wait even with a reservation.Special Features: