Prime Steak House & Piano Bar
804 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prime Steak House & Piano Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primeparkcity.com/index.htm
- Phone: 4356559739
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Prime Steak House and Piano Bar offers a variety of private dining and party options for any occasion. From corporate retreats to wedding receptions to super bowl parties, Prime Steak House and Piano Bar can handle any type of private function. Whether it's a 15 person cocktail party or a 125 person formal dinner, we can accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Managers 4356559739
- Entertainment: Live music is played at our Piano Bar every night during the winter.
A word from Prime Steak House & Piano Bar
Located right across the street from the town lift at the bottom of Historic Main Street, Prime Steak House and Piano Bar offers guests a dining venue close to everything in Park City. After a hard day of skiing or for an elegant night out on the town, Prime Steak House and Piano Bar is in the heart of it all. Prime Steak House and Piano Bar offers outdoor patio dining with mountain side views in the summer, and free underground covered parking throughout the year. Live music is played at our Piano Bar every night during the winter. Reservations are highly recommended year round.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Prime Steak House & Piano Bar - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Prime Steak House & Piano Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (20)romantic (18)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- elmoVIPDined on 10/18/2014excellant bar with good live music. Excellant steaks and can do a respectable job for vegansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service in piano barGeneVIPDined on 10/1/2014We had to ask to be served twice before anyone even approached the table to acknowledge our presence in the piano bar. The food is over priced even with the 2 for 1 locals coupon and they still included an 18% tip despite the lack of service. There are far better steak restaurants in Park City for the money.Special Features:
- Disappointing and expensiveNumber10VIPDined on 10/1/2014Had FOUR different individuals come to the table to ask us what we wished to drink etc. including one who should have stayed at their afternoon party. Food delivered on a plate so hot that the steak continued to cook beyond being edible. Mushrooms were overcooked and tasted terrible. Prices were completely out of line given the quality of the food. Our actual server (third out of the four) was knowledgeable and friendly. No intention of returning.Special Features:
- AHMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great atmosphere, open late, excellent service and delicious food! Dont listen to the negative hype out there, this place is delicious, courteous and well priced! Thank you for a great dining experience and save room for dessert!! The lava cake was small but mighty and the most delicious I have ever had!!Special Features:
- LoveParkCityDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food. Our filets were done to perfection and served sissling hot. Great garlic mashed potatoes. Service was outstanding-charming and very helpful waiter. Perfect place to take my iowa born, meat lovin' husband for his birthday.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerSteveDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I were joined my wife's sister and her husband for a wonderful dinner. The 2-for1 steaks were wonderful, as were the delicious sides. And the molten chocolate dessert was fabulous! This was one great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9/18OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We have been to prime a couple times in the past when they were doing the 2 for 1. And during regular season but this experience was awful. We invited friends and sat in the piano bar area and our waiter for a group of four was horrible he didn't make an effort. This was very emberassing considering we had been raving about the restraunt. Three people wanted medium rare steaks and they all came out medium...? And he was pretty much non existent the rest of the night until the check came and he had already combined the 18% gratuity to both couples checks this would be fine if he actually tried and checked on the table but he didn't deserve that good of tip waiters like anyone should work to get paid.
- Prime/Park CitySLCDiningDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful dining pleasure with great food and outstanding staff service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in UtahAlyplowDined on 9/13/2014Definitely the best steak house we've been to in Utah. Live in Dallas so we know a good steak! It's very expensive, even with the two for one in summer. But it was a great choice to celebrate a 90th birthday. The Mac and Cheese is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great! Second to none.JoeyBDined on 9/13/2014We raise Beef for a living! This is the only steak house that comes close to our home grown product! We eat here everytime we visit Park City. We especially love their 2 for one summer special. The menu is all Allacart, so you can pick and choose what you would like. The waitstaff is fantastic. we have always been pleased with how professional they are! Give this steakhouse to try you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss Desserts & Bar!!!Lava24Dined on 8/31/2014Although you may be full from your sizzling steak or tender fresh fish, you have to save room for dessert! We had a taste of four of them - cream brûlée, cheesecake, pumpkin bread pudding and a chocolate decadence with vanilla ice cream. All I can say is wow to both the steaks and desserts. The bar scene was hopping with a great guy playing guitar and an occasional harmonica - not to be missed either.Special Features:
- Delish ambianceCocoutahDined on 8/29/2014Great evening. Perfect combination of yummy food and patio views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "go to" restaurant in Park City!MikeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Best steak house in Park City! Food is always consistently excellent. As for the service, it also is always consistently excellent. We have taken out of town clients and many out of town friends to Prime and we/they have never been disappointed. If you have only one night in Park City, head to Prime. If you are in Park City for an extended stay, once is not enough!Special Features:
- Cgks152Dined on 8/15/2014I have been going here for years food has always been good but the other night was disappointing! Steak had no flavor and was raw, when I orderd it medium we'll! My lobster tail was like rubber! I could hardly even eat it! Sides was good and wedge salad was awesome!
- Perfectly cooked steaks!StraksRUDined on 8/12/2014Took some business prospects to dinner while at a conference at a near-by resort, and while probably not the best place to impress that "big account" needy prospect, it was definitely a perfect setting to relax and enjoy some industry comradery. Friendly staff: from the host station to piano bar to the table. Most of is ordered the 16 oz NY strip. It was superb! Oh and the great Malbec didn't hurt either; after all you can't have a great steak without a great Malbec!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!loverofallgoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014The petite filet was amazing! It was cooked perfectly and so tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlaceyVIPDined on 7/30/2014The ahi was wonderful. The steaks were the best we have had and the key lime "cocktail" was a very good and interesting dessert OutstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EvernarlyreviewDined on 7/18/2014My boyfriend wanted to take me out for a special dinner. I was hesitant to suggest Prime because of its pricey menu, but he was happy to oblige me. It was love at first bite for him, said it was the best steak he's ever had. By far the best steak dinner in town for me. Not to mention they have a 2 for 1 entree deal all summer long. Service was great, the setting was intimate and of course the meal was super excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary DinnerMountainFoodiesDined on 7/9/2014We were in Park City for the Wine Festival and our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We started with the Scallops Chester which was an excellent casserole type dish with a lot of cheese. We had the Ribeye Steak and the Salmon entrees with a shared Garlic Mashed Potatoes side. Everything was exceptional with the steak plate being heated in such a way that the steak remained warm throughout the meal. We have never seen this approach before at this heat level. A bottle of Raymond Reserve Merlot was the perfect compliment to the meal since Jan prefers red with her fish. Prime provided a complimentary shared Molten Chocolate cake for desert which was exceptional. The server Ashley was terrific - attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Steaks Melt in your Mouth!cincyslyDined on 7/4/2014We dined with a group of friends on July 4th. The steaks were incredible as usual. The filet absolutely melts in your mouth. With the garlic whipped potatoes and asparagus on the side…..and don't forget the béarnaise sauce. They have great entertainment in the bar and we chose to dine there. It's a little more lively than the dining room, but it was a perfect night with the doors / windows open, cool air blowing in, music, great wine, and tender and tasty steaks. You can't go wrong with Prime! We live locally so this was not a "choice where we got lucky". It's where we go in PC when we are looking for a great steak!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceSUMMIT51VIPDined on 7/4/2014Most PC restaurants struggle. Prime excelled. The staff worked well together and we were taken care of better than any other PC restaurant
- Great Experience!RobertDined on 7/4/2014I have dined at some of the very best restaurants in this country. This experience was on that level. Great people - great food - and great atmosphere. I will go again and again.Special Features:
- The following 236 reviews are from the Prime Steak House & Piano Bar reviews archive.
- Quality issuessdceDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I have eaten many meals at Prime. The service is always attentive and friendly. We were both disappointed in the quality of our steaks on our most recent visit. I had the strip steak and it was very lean and quite tough. It was certainly not prime grade meat. We will not be returning to Prime until we are confident that the quality is has regained its former level.
- Consistently good!MikeVIPDined on 3/31/2014As a part time Park City resident my wife and I always make a reservation at Prime when we are in town. Through the years we have introduced many of our friends and out of town guests to the great food and excellent service of Prime. The piano bar is a vibrant scene and is unique in Park City. It's our "go to" restuarant in Park City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AverageDavidSherrodDined on 3/14/2014Nothing special about this place- just average food at high-end prices. Making the plates so hot that they cook a rare steak to medium in front of you is a stupid idea. Have 500 degree plates in front of kids is also a bad idea. We will go back- but only to the bar- it was a fun place to hang out. Will never dine here again.Special Features:
- A Park City MustOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014We can always count on Prime for great food and great service! We never miss a chance to eat here when we are in Park City! Jeff FoxworthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great! ItJB33Dined on 3/8/2014The service was great! It was my mom's birthday, and the staff made her feel extra special. They also went above and beyond to compensate for a very minor issue with our order. You get top of the line treatment at Prime Park City!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceLetsgoski2006VIPDined on 3/7/2014I went to Prime Steakhouse on 3-7-14. We had 8:30 PM reservations, but they took us early, at 7:30, with a smile. The servers were lots of fun and helpful. The filet was excellent and I am very picky about filets. We had the delicious macaroni and cheese and mushrooms. The beet and Caesar salads were also excellent! We had the molten chocolate cake for dessert. Yum! The place was crowded, but fun! Everybody was nice and having a ball! I was too full to go on the piano side; although I wanted to! This was one of, if not the best, meals I had on my ski trip. We have eaten in many fine restaurants all over the country and it is one of the best. I will be booking two nights at Prime on my next trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steaks and tuna.SoflaDined on 3/6/2014Very good steaks and tuna. Mac and cheese just okay. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was aweful and thePrimeDinerDined on 3/3/2014The food was aweful and the ambience non-existent. The servers were great. The bone-in ribeye was thin and contained 3-4 oz of solid fat that needed to be cut away. Really? This is "one of the best" Park City has to offer?
- Great fun and exciting place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014Great fun and exciting place! The food and service were the best in town on our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveWineisafoodgroupVIPDined on 2/27/2014This is your typical high end steak restaurant, where all you get on your plate is the meat. All sides are extra, and really not as generous as is suggested by the server saying that they can be shared by the table. The asparagus only made it past three plates before it was gone. Although the quality of the meat was very high, I thought the excessively hot plates were a bad choice. My steak, which was an 8 oz filet mignon that I ordered medium rare, continued to cook on the sizzling plate until it was medium - quite a disappointment. I even moved it from my plate to my bread plate to keep it from cooking. This seems to be a gimmick that is quite unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Après SkiKianaDined on 2/26/2014Excellent service and food. We also enjoyed the pianist who played pop music throughout the eveningSpecial Features:
- great steaksrjparkcityDined on 2/17/2014Filet just as good as Ruth's Chris, which is the gold standard, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2014Best steak in North America! Piano bar is great. Excellent food, friendly staff and great location! A must not miss when in Park City!Special Features:
- More than a steak houseGoBlueFanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Friends in town wanted steak, so we went to Prime, even though we don't eat red meat. All steak eaters were pleased, and we enjoyed the salmon and side vegetables. Starter salads, soup and calamari were good too. Everything is a la carte and very expensive, but food is top notch. Piano bar is fun for those fortunate enough to be seated there. Looking forward to shoulder season when the locals coupons come back, so that we can afford to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDebIVIPDined on 2/7/2014We were a party of nine. Our steaks were all delivered as they were ordered. The wait staff attended to us as well as they would have for a small party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2014Best steak- one of the best meals I can ever remember having & my 2 friends said the same. I was very impressed. Salad was wonderful. Steak was even better. Sides were shared were perfect. I was not expecting it to be as great as it was. My mouth is still watering... Can I go back now? Please...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems at Prime SteakhouseDhdinPCVIPDined on 1/20/2014In the past at Prime we enjoyed relaxed ambiance with live music background and casual, friendly waiters executing flawless service of great dishes. Not this time. It was too loud to hear the live music.Our waitress was rushed. One of us ordered an appetizer as an entree-- it came too early. When they returned with it during the correct time, the dish was ice cold. We ordered the special--bone in filet--but got the ribeye, resulting in a wait for the correct dish. After the last mistake we never saw our waitress again, dealing with the profusely apologizing manager instead. They provided two desserts free, and they were delicious, but we probably would not have ordered them ourselves after our experience. But the onion rings excelled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FunPaulcosDined on 1/16/2014We had a wonderful bone-In Filet and Tuna tartar. The highlight was going to the pub after dinner and sitting at the piano bar. Really fun. Very good musician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.