110 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primestache.com/
- Phone: (267) 886-8354
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar
A word from Prime Stache
American Comfort food, with a great fusion of spices that will tickle your palate.Continued
Industry Night On Monday.
Industry Night On Monday.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Prime Stache - Best Restaurants in Old City ›
Prime Stache reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Scrumptiousfg451147Dined on 11/15/2014Second time here & once again the meal was awesome. Food is very decadent/rich, so definitely not a health-food spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Went to dinner here late on a Friday night. They were packed and for some reason didn't have our open table reservation in the system but were still able to accommodate our group of 7 in less than 5 minutes. They have a large beer list, like most restaurants in Philadelphia, and make a great Moscow Mule. Our table ordered a few sandwiches, the siracha wings (everyone's favorite by far) and the pork belly mac and cheese. The food portions were large enough where everyone could share and try everything. It was a delicious dinner and the restaurant has a relaxed feel. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a large group of friends looking to have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Amazing food , atmosphere and service! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stach-a-neerLilbitsDined on 11/9/2014When I walked in Prime Stache, I immediately felt the atmosphere. It was quiet, comfortable, very unique. The bartender greeted us. My sons, Nick and Mike and their girlfriends Katie and Heather felt the same way. We had a choice of the brunch or lunch menu since it was before 3:00 p.m. The food was phenomenal. We started with chicken wings appetizer. Their homemade sauce for the wings was delicious. We never tasted anything like it. Then when it was time to order our lunch, there was a nice selection of burgers, tacos, etc.. Nick, Katie and I tried the different kinds of draft beers. I would definitely go back and would recommend the restaurant. Brent Celeck and partner Hee Chang did a great job and I wish them both the best.Special Features:
- Get the burger!KSPRVIPDined on 10/10/2014First time at Prime Stache and I was impressed. Best burger I've ever had! Great scene. I will def keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please don't postOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I don't know what it's like on a regular day, we went for a fundraiser for the Herreman's Foundation. There was a nice crowd at the restaurant and an exciting vibe because Eagles players were in attendance. The reservation process was smooth and efficient, and the food, drink, and company were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Prime Stache has a laid back atmosphere, great cocktails awesome food. I went here with a group of colleagues during a conference. Everyone raved about how good their dinner was. Meatloaf is to-die-for! Love the bacon and bar-b-Q/coca cola sauce. We also had the bone in pork chop which was just as good. The restaurant had some live music - it was a really nice addition, but could have been kicked down a notch. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Hoped for betterRobKDined on 9/27/2014Prime Stache was recommended by a few friends of ours. After being seated it took 10 minutes for any server to approach us. After taking our order the appetizers and entrees came out withing minutes of each other. I was no more than 2 bites into the apparizer when dinner came out. Food was ok. We won't be back with so many awesome options in old city.
- AwesomeKippyVIPDined on 9/24/2014I can't say enough about what a great dinner we had . There were four of us and we all loved everything. We had the salt, vinegar and pepper wing as an app. We weren't sure what to expect and absolutely loved them.. The skin was perfectly crisped and the meat was nice and moist.. no sauce needed for these wings the taste was great!We also had the rock shrimp and we loved them as well, the slaw served under them was even delish!We had the Stache burger , the Ron Burgundy sandwiches and the fish tacos done cajun style.. each and every meal was perfect! We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal, loved the atmosphere and the satff was incredibly friendly and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACELaLa925Dined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere is casual, trendy, and comfortable. I feel like I can have great conversation over some delicious, clean food. The staff is super friendly. Definitely a place to relax and enjoy your company. This will be my go to place.Special Features:
- NiceChompDined on 9/12/2014Had a good time. Waiter was excellent in serving us. Calamari was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taken a bad turnBailyDined on 8/30/2014Went to Prime Stache a few months ago and loved it- food, ambiance and service were great. Overall, the original menu was a standout. However, we went back with several friends last weekend and were beyond disappointed. Upon receiving the menu, looks like all the unique dishes and entrees were removed and was now designed to service a bar crowd.. wings, taco's etc.. The service was not good (the waiter argued with my guests when two of them indicated the salmon was not cooked enough). And it went downhill from there. Overall, it was an uncomfortable experience and will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been to Prime Stache about 5 times and have sent others (with various pallet ranges), everyone had a great dining experiences & loves the simplicity of the menu. It's focused and done very well by Chef Hee. The ONLY draw back is that it is sometimes warm in the restaurant. It's on the smaller side & they tend to leave the door open. Looking forward to dining regularly there in the winter :-)I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Prime Stache reviews archive.
- new favoriteCharlotteDined on 6/14/2014This is now officially my favorite restaurant in Philadelphia. The food is excellent and fun. The staff is knowledgeable, and when they don't know an answer, they don't make it up. I appreciate their "buy American" philosophy, but it precluded having a marguerita. The restaurant is a little dark, which makes reading the menu a little difficult. Still, the food is top notch. Favorites of our group include: meatloaf (wrapped in bacon!), steak, baked potatoes, turkey sliders, rock shrimp. The beer menu is good. Serving portions are very generous; we always have leftovers. This is a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potential, could go either wayOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/14/2014They were out of several things on the menu which is never a good sign. The appetizers were generally quite good but skip the edamame ravioli.
- Loved it!!Chelle50Dined on 6/13/2014It is now one of my favorite spots. Server was so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place, good foodPhillyEaterDined on 5/30/2014We received a warm welcome and excellent service, and everyone in our group seemed pretty pleased with the food, which was of the American-bar-food-but-better variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but music too loudTkjtdaVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was very good. We had salads and sliders (pulled pork sliders and hamburger sliders) and all were excellent, especially the salad. Interesting looking decor too. Our only complaints were 1. the music was MUCH too loud so we had a very difficult time talking to and hearing each other and 2. they were out of ketchup and it was only 8:00 on a Saturday night. I never heard of a restaurant that serves hamburgers and fries running out of ketchup! That said, it was very good and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How not to run a restaurantOmnivore1Dined on 5/24/2014Food was terrible. Had the meatloaf which had the consistency of dog food, peppery and overly treated with bar-b-que sauce. The server was friendly but incompetent. Drink order - wrong. Side dish order - forgotten; altho when reminded that it had never arrived server did bring it late when meal was almost over and it was unwanted. Then server failed to apply the Living Social coupon to the bill. Every surface in the place reflects sound and the result is that even when the place is not fully occupied, the noise level is high. No need for me to return. No need for you to go.
- Cooking1MeMomDined on 5/18/2014We really enjoyed our evening dinner at Prime Stache. The service was good, although initially our server seem a bit slow, but she quickly made it up to us by being very attentive to us all, including my grands who charmed her. We will return since we purchased more than one groupon. We'd return even without a groupon. Koodles on the good food, we especially enjoyed the purreed celery root, that was a double WOW! A really good place.Special Features:
- Lunch dateHughbeedoobeeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Spent the day in Philly with hubby and decided to lunch at Prime Stache. Bartender was very friendly. Ambiance was very nice. Lunch was yummy. The strawberry basil lemonade was fabulous. All in all a very nice spot. Don't know how dinner/late night is.Special Features:
- Stache-tastic - totally worth it!IkeamancerDined on 5/3/2014Our party consisted of young professionals and grad students, so our pockets are far from deep, but the dining experience was worth every bit of sticker shock. Our entrées included grilled chicken, salmon, brisket, and two cuts of steak (filet mignon and rib-eye), and each dish was equally satisfying - tender and savory, with nuanced flavors well complimented by the chosen sides (special mention to the polenta fries!) The cocktail menu is similarly well-crafted, with several items that met with approval despite a person's usual dislike of one or more ingredients. Our server was attentive and personable, and the décor hits a nice balance between innovation and comfort. For us (and our shallow pockets) it was once-in-a-lifetime dining.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Very good food. Had the meatloaf, which was pretty awesome. My wife had the roast chicken that was decent but nothing special. Pork sliders were pretty damn good as well. Finished off with the bread pudding which might have been the best bread pudding I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Loved loved the good. Our server Bart was awesome and so friendly. My friends and I enjoyed our selves. We def will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here NOW!gxcue1Dined on 4/16/2014I was never crazy about American food, but decided on dining here one weeknight because the wife chose this place over Mexican. I am so glad she did! We started with the turkey burger and baby burgundy sliders. Easily the best turkey burger I have ever had. How did they get it so moist and juicy? They baby burgundy consisted of pork belly on top of pulled pork on top of roast pork with a touch of bbq sauce. Amazing little sandwiches. We would have been completely satisfied with ending the meal here, but decided to splurge and get the meatloaf with a side of corn. I am definitely not a fan of meatloaf, but I dare say that it was phenomenal. We ending taking half of the meatloaf home, and my wife fought my dog over the leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2014Found this place due to a Living Social deal and sometimes you don't know what to expect and get what you pay for but this restaurant was great. The food was tasty, the service was nice. We went on a Sunday for early dinner so it was quiet in there. Not sure if the place gets crowded but I enjoyed the beer selection.Special Features:
- nickdVIPDined on 4/12/2014This place has potential but the staff has to step up their game. Burnt food was a disappointment.
- Good foodNewmexdexDined on 4/10/2014Excellant meat dishes surved in a pub evironment. Food is very homemade tasting. Nothing fancy. Presentation is simple. Not modern art on your plate. Reallyenjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant Meal!AmandaBVIPDined on 4/5/2014We had a very pleasant meal at Prime Stache. We shared the rock shrimp appetizer and then my husband had the filet mignon and I had the seabass. All of the food was delicious and well presented. The filet came with only three polenta fries and we wished the server had advised us that we needed to order at least another side dish to compliment the perfectly cooked steak. The seabass was also perfectly cooked, although the plain white rice underneath was not good at all, just bland and a bit clumpy. The service was good. The decor was minimalist. The ambience was a little subdued. Overall it was a good meal, but there was nothing memorable about Prime Stache. However, if you looking for a decent neighborhood restaurant, I would give it a try.
- Always a FavoriteLongTimeCustomerVIPDined on 4/3/2014Great food, great service, and fantastic price. Always love the attention to detail.Special Features:
- Great placeskunkle1776VIPDined on 4/2/2014I've been to Prime Stache twice (both times using online coupons). The restaurant is very nice, with a cool, laid-back ambience. The staff is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and easy-going.The food is good. The first time I went, my friends and I ordered just appetizers. They were delicious! The fish tacos, fried calamari, edamame ravioli, and sriracha wings were our favorites. The second time I went, my boyfriend and I tried their entrees. We weren't blown away but it was still good. I'd recommend this place to someone who wants to get a few drinks (because their drinks are delicious) and some apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was a little saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014The food was a little salty for me but other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go americanMitchdishVIPDined on 3/28/2014I loved that all of the food and beverages are made in the USA . 6 of us enjoyed a pre theatre dinner of well prepared, comfort food. The portions were reasonable and the kale Caesar was excellent. I really liked the wood wall. I'd go ack for brunch as soon as possible. If you live in old city, it's a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatloaf, salmon and roastedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/26/2014Meatloaf, salmon and roasted chicken were all greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great late-night eateryfoodietttaVIPDined on 3/22/2014I'll keep it short. All of the 4 & 5-stars reviews are true. Huge amount of food that ranges from sexy-good to comfort with a gourmet splash. Desserts to die for. My brownie was better the second day :D Fast a couple days before you go. Drinks & wine were good. A short walk from the Ritz's. Make reservation so you're not left out. We'll be BAAAAACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Came for a laid back dinner with 4 friends. Very nice cocktails, good american comfort food if you like that sort of thing (we did). Decent ambience, generally a good place for dinner with friends...Special Features:
- Good time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014The service, the food, the drinks and the staff are all fantastic. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Too many problemsjacintVIPDined on 3/1/2014We liked the food when we got it but:items on th * No warning that items on the menus were not available in 1 case until we were ordering and then with 1 of the 3 dishes we had ordered * Apparent flexibility with the menu - please serve without any meat/poultry - took 2 attempts to actually get right and then I needed to flag down the hostess to get a plate and silverware to actually eat the dish. I felt they were trying really hard but didn't have the service elements down yet. Probably will try again because we did enjoy the food but maybe not for a few months.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodKatieVIPDined on 2/22/2014This was the second time I have been there and I loved it! The food is great and the service is awesome. I had the same server both times a guy with a pony tail and awesome mustache and he was so pleasant. I look forward to going back time after time. Oh and the Grilled Cheese and Ham sandwich is to due for.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!KatieVIPDined on 1/11/2014We had a great experience and I can't wait to go back. I had the Ham and Cheese with Apples and it was amazing. My boyfriend had the prime rib and our friends had the stache burger and pork belly sandwich and they all loved their food as well. Plus the server was super friendly and service was great. I will be going back again.Special Features: