100 CNN Center
Atlanta, GA 30335Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omniprimemeridian.com/
- Phone: 404-818-4450x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Greg Wright
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our experienced catering professionals will customize a menu for your event. For more information on restaurant private dining, please call (404) 818-4455.
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal for intimate corporate or social gatherings, our private dining room comfortably accommodates up to 20 people. Make your event a memorable one with four-diamond service from our dedicated team, customized menus, state-of-the-art audio visual options, and personalized place settings.
- Private Party Contact: George Brown 404-818-4455x
A word from Prime Meridian
Prime Meridian Restaurant offers a unique dining space with dramatic views of Centennial Olympic Park and the downtown skyline. Serving upscale American cuisine in an open-kitchen atmosphere, this sophisticated restaurant treats guests to innovative menus, artfully prepared with carefully selected local ingredients. Set in a comfortably elegant dining room, Prime Meridian offers a level of hospitality that embodies the friendly spirit of the South.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Prime Meridian - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Prime Meridian reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)special occasion (13)romantic (10)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Sub parChrisDined on 9/21/2014I ordered a bone-in ribeye. It had good flavor but was overcooked. The other food items were ok, nothing exceptional. The place was almost empty on Sunday evening before a huge event at Phillips Arena. The bar did look lively, and I would consider going back for a drink and the view of the Atlanta skyline. My impression was that they get plenty of traffic from the hotel guests, so they do little to make the experience great.Special Features:
- Great meal.MomdinerDined on 9/20/2014Had dinner before attending a concert. Server was professional and engaging. He was knowledgeable about menu items as well as wine recommendations. Atmosphere was relaxed and conducive to conversation. Will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequenteaterDined on 9/20/2014Had a nice dinner before a concert. Good wine list. Somewhat limited menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Meridian hasn't failed us yetmaestraDined on 9/20/2014We patronized the Prime Meridian to privately celebrate a birthday. The only thing that was a bit of a spoiler was the unfiltered noise from the bar (it was busy with concertgoers and the SEC games were on the televisions). When you're sitting in a restaurant with low lighting, cheering and yelling is the last thing you want to hear. Didn't spoil our evening, though! The restaurant was able to honor the request of a window table with an excellent view, and our server Sue was outstanding. Good-natured and professional, she made the evening fun and memorable. The choices of eclectic Southern cuisine have always been a draw for us. We WILL return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014Picked this resturant for a business breakfast. Service has horrible. There were only 3 tables of guests in the resturant, so unsure why nobody was paying us any attention. Half of my order didn't show up- it was only a bagel and fruit- not that difficult. I have always had a great experience at the Omni brand, but this place was a total letdown.
- DisappointingRakasanDined on 8/29/2014It was my wife's birthday. The menu was interesting. The service was great. The food was spotty. My wife had two lamb chops that were more than 65% fat and gristle. Her lima beans were dry and barely warm. We were not charged for that meal. The three other meals were better. Two were good and one (cod) was excellent. Dessert was good. Found some good wine.Special Features:
- All good!!!JoseDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant was everything we expected and more. The service and food were wonderful. We had never eaten here before, but we were staying at the Omni and didn't want to leave the area. It was a little odd having a buffet line in a fine dining restaurant, but we ordered off the menu and loved it. I highly recommend the filet and my wife recommends the light portion of the shrimp & grits. We both got salads that were great as well. The server was very helpful. If we stay at the Omni again, we will eat at the Prime Meridian again too.Special Features:
- Great Portion SizeButterflyFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Had lunch and ordered the She Crab Soup and Shrimp and Avocado salad with citrus vinegarette. My soup was only warm but still good although I had to add a little salt and pepper which I never add salt to my food. I guess having crab in the soup you definitely don't want to prepare by overly salting. The salad portion size is really enough for two people. It was prepared with 5 large grilled shrimp which were prepared just right. My only complaint was that upon being seated, the table was not totally clean. There were crumb remnants that were a turn off for such a nice lunch spot. The chair next to me also had a large crumb on it. Other than that the waiter was nice and friendly even though he forgot my extra salad dressing on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service at its finest16yrsDined on 8/23/2014We chose Prime Meridian for the location and reputation to celebrate our anniversary. The staff could not have been more attentive! The food not only was aesthetically pleasing, but also tasted wonderful ! In honor of our celebration, we were served a divine chocolate mouse cake. Kudos to Prime Meridian! Service at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs work!disappointedDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant. The appetizer and breads were wonderful and the service was really good. However, the entree was mediocre and the peach cobbler desert was first brought to us at lukewarm temperature. After we complained, it was warmed more, but the bottom part of it was still cold. We were there for about 2 hours during the dinner hours and we were the only diners in the restaurant the whole time. I think that speaks volumes!!!
- Not as Good as I Recall but Not BadCantCookSoWhatDined on 8/15/2014The last time my friends & I went to Prime Meridian for downtown restaurant week, we couldn't stop raving about the short ribs and the dessert shooters. This time the quail salad was decent and the snapper was delicious but what a letdown dessert was! The sampler plate consisting of 3 slivers of tasteless fresh-from-the-fridge cakes tasted even worse than they looked. They tasted like they'd been made elsewhere and had been in the fridge at PM all week. Best thing I had all night were the 2 lemon drop martinis from the bar, which doesn't speak volumes about dinner. P.S. I thought it was funny how the bread was rationed out by the server, 1 piece at a time when there were only 15 of us in the whole dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ATL VisitToniDined on 7/15/2014Service was great. Have to say this was the BEST steak (bone-in ribeye) I've ever had. Cooked perfectly, moist, seasoned well. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great LocationFinickyToDineOutDined on 7/15/2014We stayed at the Omni Hotel in the CNN center. PM is inside on the Lobby level. It was great to check in, get dressesd, eat dinner and then walk to the Georgia Dome. Dinner was very good, there's a nice buffet option as well. Pricing is good. Our service was very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014Yankee here writing this review. I have become a shrimp and grits fan over the years and let me start this review by saying the shrimp and grits appetizer at Prime Meridian is too small as an entree but too large as an appetizer so add a salad or another appetizer and you have a complete meal. Shrimp and grits here stood up to some of the best I have eaten anywhere. 3 diners tonight. One loved the chicken and portion was so large even a big eater could not finish it. The salmon risotto was equally loved by another diner. It was a disappointment to see such a nice place not packed. Prices were very fair for quality of food, presentation and taste. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Disappointmentdisaster4foodDined on 7/5/2014Ambience and view OK. Salad bowls set at an angle are the new fad but simply do not work adequately to contain the food. That is why the edge of bowls were designed to be parallel with the surface of the table. I requested a steak cooked medium - it arrived well done. Sides were unremarkable; the asparagus was bland and cold. Both the hummingbird cake and red velvet dessert cakes were stale and dry - tasteless cake? How to you do THAT? They had obviously been sitting out for hours. The vanilla ice cream was OK. Service was unwelcoming, slow, unavailable and without cordiality. It was apparent to us that we were not welcome in the restaurant and our business was not appreciated.
- Deliciously Reasonable :)CLumperDined on 6/30/2014Comparable food to a Ruth's Chris or McCormick & Schmicks with far more reasonable prices. It's always a nice treat when sides aren't ala carte, which they aren't, instead deliciously included! Leave room for the Red Velvet cake! Bon appetite!Special Features:
- Great food and service!LuvinglifeDined on 6/28/2014My daughter and I stayed at the Omni while attending a concert at nearby Phillips Arena. I wasn't familiar with the area , so I opted for making reservations at the Prime Meridian. We chose to have drinks, appetizers and share an entree, leaving room for dessert. Upon being seated, we were served water and the decanter was left on our table. Denill, our server didn't hover, but she was always there when we needed her. I had shrimp and grits and my daughter had she-crab soup for an appetizer. For an entree, we chose a blue crab dish. For dessert, I had hummingbird cake. it was great experience! Great service (thanks Denill) and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot in town!!Dine2getwowedDined on 6/15/2014By far the best restaurant in town!!!.. Went for Father's day brunch & the food was excellent. Everything on the menu was tasty & delish. The service was great. All the waiters were on point with any needs and very friendly. The view was calming and relaxing. I'm making reservations to see what their lunch and dinner is like. This place is fantastic!!!!!..best kept secret in ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for couples FantasticChosen2Dined on 6/13/2014From the beginning to the end our waiter Alexandria! Was excellent. I wanted a frozen strawberry diary which they do not serve. Because it was for our 27 Anniversary! She came back with one that she made for me. The spiniah salad was good along with the prime rib eye steak. It was to died for!. Thank you for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I spent our 18 year anniversary here. They had the table set with flowers when we arrived. Everyone wished us a happy anniversary. Our waitress Alexandria was amazing. She brought us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary with chocolate syrup wishing us a happy 18 yr anniversary. Best service by far. Food was great too. Salmon and beef brisket... Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Prime Meridian reviews archive.
- Best kept secretBoltoniusDined on 5/28/2014My wife and I discovered this place by accident. We stayed at the Omni for the Andrea Bocelli concert and couldn't get dinner reservations any where else. Thank God! This place has a wonderful atmosphere, beautiful view, impeccable service and believe it or not, the best steak in Atlanta! No more Capitol Grille, no more Rathman's. And, much more affordable. We were impressed enough that, that was our choice for our twentieth anniversary. We have just been lost since the city of Atlanta forced Dante out of business, but not any more. I love the place.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerhawkNcageDined on 5/25/2014Service was outstanding...My boyfriend was wish happy birthday soon as we sat down. Food was good ,they brought out two different kinds of cake for birthday. I thought that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okay, everything else greatJudykbhDined on 4/28/2014Great view, comfortable seating, moderate noise level even though noisy bar right beside door into restaurant, top notch wait staff, nice menu choices, beautiful presentation of food, but taste, texture and temperature of food was lacking considerably. It all looked much better than it tasted. It wasn't terrible by any means, just not the quality level I was expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow StartboboVIPDined on 4/26/2014After being seated, we were given our menus.......a then forgotten. Finally got the attention of the hostess who immediately took care of the problem. Our server apologized for the misunderstanding & then took very good care of us. We enjoyed our lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with a clientRogerDined on 4/10/2014Had breakfast with an improtant client on the final day of a week-long trade show. Everyone was a bit worn down but the meeting was a success. Prime Maridian was convenient to the downtown hotels, was very comfortable and the noise level was compatible with table conversation. Server was polite, knowledagable and very attenttive, without being a pest. Breakfast buffet was delicious. Great venue. Some colleagues had lunch there during the week as well and were equally satisfied. I'll be back if business brings me to Atlanta again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last minute optionRaytonDined on 4/5/2014I had an event at the Ventanas(downtown) and I wanted to have dinner close by before the event. So I found this place and I was very happy with the choice. The view is amazing and you get to walk through the Olympic Park afterwards. The only con was the fact that we had a teenager volleyball team having lunch right by our side and they were super loud. If wasn't for it i'm sure we would have an even better dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the Heat of It AllpattiDined on 4/4/2014Great location across from Arena, Centennial Park, the Ferris Wheel and a block from the Aquarium. Food was fantastic, Had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Prime. The bar outside is full after games and on weekends and I'm sure other activities. Can't say enough about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service, view, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2014The food, service, view, and atmosphere were ALL wonderful!! We really enjoyed ourselves!! We ALWAYS dine at Prime Meridian whenever we are in Atlanta (which is annually)!! Alexandria, our server, was the BEST!! We LOVED her!! She helped to make our dining experience even more wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousScottTDined on 3/22/2014We eat here b/c it was located in the hotel we were staying and so it was convenient. We were not disappointed. The lamb was delicious. My wife decided to eat the buffet and was very pleased with the salads and prime rib. I definitely recommend reservations b/c there is a lot going on in the area and it fills up quick in the evening. We even returned the next morning for their breakfast and it was very good to. I highly recommend for higher end dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Par for Hotel RestaurantFrequentTravelerDined on 3/6/2014The food here was very good, our server attentive and knowledgeable. The restaurant was busy and the bar even busier. Only drawback was they had run out of two of our wine choices, although they did have a good listing.Special Features:
- Breakfast good. Dinner badOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014I stay at the Omni and eat breakfast there all the time. Finally tried dinner and it was horrible!!! I had the ribeye and it was the worst I've had in years
- Great dining experienceHappyDinerDined on 2/15/2014The waitress was very hospitable and was able to move our reservation time back with no hesitation. The wait staff was very friendly and always made sure that we were taken care of! The food was incredible and the sweet onion soup was the best I have ever had. I recommend Prime Meridian to anyone looking for a lovely night out that want to treat themselves to something special..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak crab encrustedtomwooldridgeDined on 2/8/2014great steak crab encrusted cobia was interestling Would go backSpecial Features:
- Hopeful - but let downluv2dineVIPDined on 2/1/2014For the amount of money we knew we'd have to spend to eat here, we were really let down. When we sat at our table - we noticed how dirty the floor was around us - and there really wasn't a reason for that. We had high expectations for this restaurant, but were really let down. We wished we would have eaten at the little bar right outside of the restaurant. Food was about half the price - and the ambience was better. Maybe we just went on a bad night - we wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceATLvisitorDined on 1/27/2014This restaurant is in the Omni Hotel and even as such, the prices are quite reasonable. The food presentation was very nice and the food itself was delicious. Our waitress Alexandria was a delight as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyDinerDined on 1/25/2014Salmon and filet were delicious. Very fancily prepared. Service was friendy and attentive. Beautiful view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceRBatermanDined on 1/9/2014Very quiet restaurant. Seated promptly. Wait staff was very attentive. Drinks arrived quickly. Restaurant had no specials and menu is small but adequate. Wife had pan seared salmon. Very tasty. I had the chorizo stuff pork loin. Nice, but very little heat from the chorizo. Our first time there, but would go back again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Just what we neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013We were in the area for the SEC Championship game at the Georgia Dome. It was a delight to find this resturant in all the hustle and croud tension surrounding the game. The buffet was not your usual hotel fare and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving MealAJNashvilleDined on 11/28/2013The food was good but there was no choice of anything. It would have been nice to have two salads to pick from or two deserts. Also I was called twice to confirm my reservation like they were totally booked but the entire time we were there the restaurant was only 25% full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013we were recommended to try this restaurant by both Open Table, and the hotel concierge. a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.