101 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primeitalianmiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 695-8484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Prime Italian
Upscale American-Italian sister restaurant to Prime One Twelve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Prime Italian - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (31)good for groups (28)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (13)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- La comida excelente. No esOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014La comida excelente. No es buenacla atencion de los mozos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedLynnVIPDined on 3/30/2014Food cold. Chicken over cooked, hard. Nobody filling up water glasses. Pasta more than al dente , it was hard. Told waitress it was our anniversary , but she totally forgot when the dessert came around. I was hoping for a candle in the dessert that we ordered. Was not crowded , so very disappointed .Will not return!Special Features:
- Absolutely Delish!!sassypDined on 3/30/2014Excellent service that recommended appetizers and entrees to our group which had never dined there before as well as helping to select the perfect bottle of wine. Must try the Kobe meatball appetizer and the fried oreos dessert! And the bread with marinara before you order - to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ample everythingDiningKingVIPDined on 3/24/2014If you are a party of four order for two. This is a super-sized restaurant!! A meatball order is one meatball but it weights a pound!! An appetizer order of wings has 16 pieces in it. It's impossible to have an appetizer and a main course all by one self!! You get the picture. Happy grazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking NightmareBobMVIPDined on 3/22/2014Prime Italian and Prime 112 are normally busy restaurants, but this past Saturday was ridiculous. Parking was a nightmare. The valet service was not set up to handle all of the cars. Cars were waiting in line for 30 minutes just to give the keys to valet. I actually waited one hour to get my car back after dinner. The valet service was completely disorganized and grossly understaffed. While I recommend Prime Italian, patrons should make sure that there are no events going on near the restaurant on the night you want to dine there. If there are, do not go unless you are prepared to be very frustrated and late in arriving and leaving the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too quickZoe7monthsDined on 3/20/2014Although I love the food. & aumbiance, I feel like the servers just want you outta there so that they can seat the next group. Yes, the servers are attentive. & bring you want you need but it also comes with this feeling of pressure,, get outta here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great ambiance.KerrygirlDined on 3/14/2014Great food great ambiance. Happening vibe. Delicious and funSpecial Features:
- One giant headachesendingitbackVIPDined on 3/8/2014This is a restaurant here the Bentleys are parked outside, the steak is overcooked and they charge extra for steak sauce. Where the waiters casually shout out $65 salad appetizer specials to you over the crowded rush of people spilling out of the bar that end up huddling over the diners who are also shouting to be heard over the loud ex frat boys watching basketball on the big screen TV , while others mine giant one pound meatballs of Kobe beef on spaghetti and push away bowls of truffled this and truffled that. Not a fine dining experience but ladies will fit right in if they wear their too tight sequined outfits and love to shout while they eat.
- Great MealPerfectItalianVIPDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was everything we hoped for! The place was kid friendly, and the wait staff was very friendly! Then came the best part, the food! Everything we ordered was delicious and the portions were enough for two or three people. Water glasses never empty and fresh silverware was always supplied. A perfect Italian gem! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Another Prime dinnerEvvEbtDined on 3/7/2014Have been to Prime 112 several times before trying this restaurant for the first time. Food here is great - very similar in that most dishes are big and heavy. Can definitely share. Tried the grilled watermelon salad which was to-die-for. The service was great - very attentive and not too pushy. We were given plenty of time between courses. Would come back again, for sure, if not just for the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overall. The eggplantmariVIPDined on 3/7/2014Good food overall. The eggplant dish was burnt and the ravioli a little hard, but overall good.Special Features:
- Great dining experience asOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2014Great dining experience as always. Fried Oreo cookies were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2014The food here is amazing. Great service - very friendly service and were able to give great recommendations. Always at the table when you want them to be. The food is so delicious. Meatballs are the best, and the bread to start can't be beat. Eggplant Parm is another family favorite at Prime Italian. The bread pudding for dessert is heavenly. My entire group of 8 is still talking about it a week later. Nutella cake also a very very close 2nd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014The waiter tried upselling agressively . The food was plentiful but poor. The $20 crab cake had little or no fresh white lump meat. The tomato sauce tasted as though it came from a jar. It was difficult to talk over the noise. For the same price point go to The Dutch.
- Yummy!SfkRBNYDined on 2/17/2014The Nutella bread pudding is a must!!!!! The tuna tar tar was delicious. Portions are huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first time here. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/17/2014Not my first time here. It's always great food. Kobe meatball is off the chain. The Proscuitto anit-pasto platter is good. The sea bass is excellent. I'm never disappointed when I go. Parking on the other hand, well, its South Beach. Valet, valet, Valet and save your self the aggravation. It's wll worth it.Special Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedSusiQDined on 2/16/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend who dines there whenever he is in Miami. The restaurant did not disappoint. Great food and atmosphere. Will come back whenever I am in Miami again.Special Features:
- Sat night outWiinejarDined on 2/15/2014Great seafood tower. Waiter oversold us on food, as entrees are large and can be shared. Waited 1 hour with a reservation.,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014People Who likes big portions would be more than happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014TIME TO BE SEATED I read all the reviews about people making reservations just to have to wait 1.5 hours to be seated. Therefore booked a 5:30 PM Saturday reservation to try to avoid peak times. Arrived 30 minutes late due to traffic and found the restaurant empty. Was seated immediately. By 7:00 PM, the restaurant was packed as was the sidewalk on front of the restaurant with people waiting. FOOD The food was wonderful. Loved that they had some creative options on their menu. They have a lot of Kobe beef options. Had a Kobe beef meatball as an appetizer. It was enormous and delicious. Could not finish it. Had a good Chicken Parmesan Soup. The Kobe beef lasagna was great. Portions are huge. Plan on sharing or taking left overs home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYokiDined on 2/11/2014The food was great, the portions are pretty big we had to take food back home. I wasn't impress by the lychee Martini I had 2 and it didn't have any alcohol so if you like to taste alcohol in your drinks don't waste $15 on this one because it's a waste of time. I also didn't like to be rush on placing my order the waitress wanted to take our drinks order, appetizer and main course all at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine fit for royals!JennieDDined on 2/10/2014Wonderful food prepared to tantalize your taste buds! Family style portions for groups but for two, it's too much. Some prices are ridiculous for sides & pastas. Overall a special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night delightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/20142 words Veal Parmesan! Food was superb. Had everything truffled. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRIME ITALIANBOBBYTDined on 2/6/2014GREAT FOOD GREAT WAITERS OUTDOOR SEATING GREAT VIEW OF THE SISTER RESTAURANT PRIME 112 AND THE REVIEW OF CARS THAT YOU ONLY SEE IN SOUTH BEACH ALL IN ONE GREAT SPOTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Prime Italian restaurantDoreenDined on 2/2/2014Great Italian food. Huge portions so be careful not to order too many sides. One side can feed 4 servings. Delicious! A must try! Great service and pleasant atmosphere. Will definately come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner was GreattoobularVIPDined on 1/29/2014Besides making us wait for 30 minutes even though we had a reservation we had a nice evening. The food was very good.. steak cooked perfectly, pasta sauce and bread were amazing, Miami Heat cocktail was great. Overall we had an enjoyable evening on my birthday.Special Features:
- Cool PlaceEatongenVIPDined on 1/29/2014Very South Beach. Chic but warm and inviting. Husband and I enjoyed atmosphere, good service, and fine food. Loved the risotto. We shared salad and main. Took a box home. Good wine list. On our return to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't rush me!WoodyVIPDined on 1/27/2014Prime Italian is one of my fav restaurants in SoBe. I go multiple times when I'm here for vacation. After two visits this trip, I have to say that I felt rushed and hassled at the restaurant both times . Finally had to ask that we not be rushed and hassled about placing orders, taking food and plates away before people were done. I wasn't the only person to notice it. It was particularly bad one evening but I will say once the table expressed frustration over the interruptions, we were allowed to enjoy our cocktails and food at an acceptable pace. I'll definitely go back. Will just be clear about why I'm there and not to be rushed. Food was great as always.Special Features:
- WOW!!TracyVIPDined on 1/26/2014First time there, won't be our last. From the cheesy garlic bread, sliders,veal parm, cheesesteak (beyond good ) and lasagna all were wonderful ! Service excellent and star sighting fun!!! You will not be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014We really enjoyed taking our out of town guests to Prime Italian. We had great service from Amos and the food was also great. It can be a little pricey but the food portions are huge. The bread that they severved with the meal was also amazing. The place was packed on a Saturday night, but unlike others that had problems getting their table, we only had to wait 5/10 minutes for our reservation. The atmosphere was also great, we had a spot outside and enjoyed watching all the people on the street...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have the Meatballs!!MiamiFlGirlDined on 1/25/2014I usually go with the waiter's recommendation if I feel they are an experienced waiter. In our case, he was and his recommendations from start to finish were perfect. We had the meatball w/ ricotta followed by a nicely displayed sliced 30 oz bone in rib-eye. Perfectly cooked and so flavorful. The fried Oreos for dessert were like no other. A must if you still have room. Portions are for sharing here. Excellent service and great atmosphere. We sat outside since it was nice and cool that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Airheads OnlyHNM2VIPDined on 1/23/2014Huge portions of mediocre food for airheads and the men trying to impress them.
- huge portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/16/2014A very popular scene with huge portions and very able staff. The noise indoors is almost intolerable but the terrace is pleasant.Special Features:
- The menu may look expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/16/2014The menu may look expensive, but most of the salads and many pasta can be shared. Food was outstanding along with very good service. It was easy to see why this place is always pack. We were seated on time 7:30, the place really gets going after 8:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing meal. MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2014Absolutely amazing meal. More food than we could possibly eat. It was tough to narrow down the many choices to decide on what to order. Strongly suggest sharing everything, including the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceAlitenssiVIPDined on 1/12/2014Sunday night, the service was horrible. The waitress was pushing us to order some wine or drinks and we wanted to have soft drinks. This is the second time this happens to me and this time I wanted to give it another chance .... will never go back there and will never recommend it either. Food was also very bad and without taste. For a place that portrays itself as "fine dining" it was same food taste as an "Olive Garden" chain. The only Italian in this place is the name!!!
- Food and service were amazing!!DebbieDined on 1/11/2014Food and service were amazing!! Good advice for our group of eight on what and how much to order. Such a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatballs EVEEERRRR!!!MELGDined on 1/11/2014The food was amazing I will be going over and over again, I LOOVED IT Huge portions and desserts are even biggerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much HypeLastTimeDinerDined on 1/4/2014Prime Italian would be a really good restaurant in any other city, but the expectation in Miami where restaurants like Scarpetta reside are for that Something Extra that makes it special. Prime Italian is good, but not special. Not overly expensive compared to others as well. We had reservations for 9:30 on a Sat night and got seated approx 10:15. 45 min delay is expected in any top restaurant in SOBE on a weekend night. Glad I went, but not memorable enough to fight to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good, but we hadRobertaDined on 1/4/2014The food is good, but we had problems with the reservation. They said they reserved our table, but that is not true. We need to wait one hour to get a table. There was at least 40 people waiting for a table and they all had a reservation. So, I cannot understand why to make the reservation if you need to wait so long.Special Features: