101 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primeitalianmiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 695-8484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Prime Italian
Upscale American-Italian sister restaurant to Prime One Twelve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Prime Italian - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (51)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Too much food!AnBeDined on 10/24/2014Portions were way too big (even when sharing). It was actually comical how much food we ended up taking home. Would not go back. Prefer to eat at a resturant with normal portions.
- DeliciousLouisVIPDined on 10/23/2014Excellent all around. Portions are hugh order accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeGreatdineDined on 10/22/2014I been in Prime Italian before, but with a big group so I didn't had a chance to enjoy all. This time it was only the two of us and it was a great experience. The Food was on point and very tasty . The service was great with very friendly waiters. Really great place to eat.Special Features:
- Just ok- not amazingEzinnDined on 10/18/2014Not even close to top Italian food. Stick to prime 112 steak or better Italian restaurants. After $40 for parking and $125 a person- you would expect much better food. Other than the good garlic bread- the rest is just normal! Great location but that's about it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Not our first visit. We keep going back. The weather was beautiful so we sat outside. We had appetizers, the plates are big, perfect for sharing. Started with the Fried Bufala Mozzarella w/bruschetta, arugula, & garlic herb focaccia, then Prosciutto aged 500 days, sliced to order & served with a daily selection of artisanal cheeses and the "MUST HAVE"Kobe Meatball w/bufala ricotta. It's amazing. We were so full there was no room for anything else. Our server was attentive and fully knowledgeable of the menus and wine selections. Food was served quickly.Special Features:
- Waste of Time Making a ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Complete hysteria greets you at the front door and reservations not honored unless you would care to sit outside on a hot, muggy Miami evening. That might be the better choice considering the overwhelming noise level and the cramped table spacing inside.
- Good but not necessarily greatTizzle21Dined on 9/25/2014The restaurant is good. The food is good but overpriced and the portion sizes are ridiculously large. Plan to share sides / appetizers. Worth visiting once but I am not sure if I would go out of my way to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 times...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food but can't enjoy it. The a/c in here is horrible. Super hot, sweating while I eat & I can't enjoy my dinner. 3 times - same experience.Special Features:
- Mangiare!GREETandEATDined on 9/19/2014What a great spot for scrumptious food. So good! Large portions are great for sharing. Great quality ingredients! Thank you and I look forward to returning! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portionsO2flossVIPDined on 9/12/2014Don't order too much. Portions are huge. Salads can feed four as can entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service!MarkDined on 9/3/2014Enjoyed another great meal and service at Prime Italian! The lamb chop special was tender and tasty!Special Features:
- unacceptable wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We have to this restaurant on a number of occasions over the last couple of years. It was always delicious and and pleasant evening. This last time was at the very least, torture! Our waiter was very pleasant and we felt very sorry for him. Somehow the kitchen did NOT have it together, we waited almost 2 hours for our main dish, we were with children and we were all, adults and kids alike going crazy. We then asked for dessert when the main dish Finally came and we were told, don't do that it will come too soon. He promised it would come quickly. Well... That wasn't the case. It was at least another 20 minutes. We literally wanted to get up and walk out it was so frustrating.Special Features:
- Always DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014We went early because we brought out 18-month old and while she was running around outside, the staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. The food was amazing, as always, and I will be dreaming of that seabass for months to come.Special Features:
- Excellent!mediocreVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent as far as Italian cuisine is concerned! The Kobe meatball and spaghetti was absolutely delicious! Especially considering the meatball is the size of a baseball, it was cooked to perfection. My friend ordered a couple raspberry martinis which was refreshing and oven brick prosciutto pizza which is also very good. Service was attentive and professional, I would recommend coming here for the ultimate cheat meal or if your in need of some comfort food. I cant wait to revisit, Oh and by the way you definitely do not want to skip the amazing cheesy garlic bread!Special Features:
- DisappointingSusieDined on 8/24/2014I have been to Prime Italian many times. The waiter forgot me once the table next to me was filled and he discovered they spoke Italian and were going to be big spenders. My steak was OK, but it was overcooked (I requested Medium). I had to pay $20 for parking which was not on the website. I doubt I will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014is a very bad restaurant.Food came cold,called the manager and did nto even try to make clients d=feel good sending a little something to table Only good thing was bread Never go aagain
- Great timelove2eatDined on 8/16/2014Got together with a group of 7 for my wife's birthday. Made reservation on open table and everything as far as reservation was on point. Food, service, experience was awesome will be back. It's as good as everyone raves about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsDaveDined on 8/16/2014Very good as usual! Great people place on South Beach! Not a traditional Italian eatery. Colossal shrimp cocktail with west coast oysters, Colossal house salad and tender filet mignon!! Great wine selection! Michael our waiter was very attentive and social with good recommendations for both food and wine. Try it! You will enjoy the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food LARGE PortionsCDinMIAVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food is good quality but everything is quite a large portion, i imagine to compensate for the above average pricing, the meatball appetizer can certainly be shared between 2 and 4 people, all pastas are shareable between 2 and 3 people.Special Features:
- More of the sameCarlos85Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to PI at least on 5 ocassions, posibly my last in a while, food was ok but pricey which I already know and have no problem with until it becomes more of the same...bread was not good, it is very tasty with cheese, herbs and sauce but it was almost warm. It took forever to get served, I was surprised it was unusually less crowded. Lobster bisque is always very good and the main reason I visit both Prime 112 and Prime Italian. By the way they do not serve tomato soup any more, which was very good. It will be a while for me to return to either Prime 112 or Prime ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fish and dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent fish and desserts. This is a great place. We ordered salmon and swordfish and were very tasty and well prepared.Special Features:
- perfectmarkDined on 8/9/2014have been there many times....excellent service and great food..but bring a full wallet....Special Features:
- AmazingFoody123Dined on 8/6/2014Delicious food my favorite Miami Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpnTablerDined on 8/2/2014The food here is great. I got the chicken parm and my date got the steak, both were excellent. The cheese bread that comes out before dinner is amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Very much a 'scene' place. The food is good but very overpriced. Service is over the top & not necessarily personal or genuine.Special Features:
- Good consistent restaurantmerylparrrVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food and drink as well as service is always consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceLove2DinewithmywifeVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I visited the restaurant because of our anniversary, thinking it was a reputable restaurant for that special occasion. The service was poor. The appetizer was served and the table was without napkins; when we asked the waiter for some he asked us, what kind of napkins? Paper or linen? We could not believe that a restaurant of this category was asking the same, we were completely disappointed. The food is presented in a huge portions not being nice and inviting (average flavor and quality). I do not recommend this restaurant, not worth the expensive cost for the quality of food and poor service.
- All Big Everythingjrn5090Dined on 7/23/2014Great service, great hot spot, BIG BIG portions...beware....Special Features:
- Great Italian on the Beach!MarkDined on 7/23/2014Excellent food quality and service! Every special entree sounded delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-MA-ZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The Caesar salad is great, and enough for four people at least. The fried buffalo mozzarella is great too. I had the alfredo, another good one. My favorite thing of all? The Ho Ho dessert!!!! This one tops the fried oreos, it's not only rich and chocolatey, but HUGE!!! Def. enough for four!!!!Special Features:
- Over priced $14 PublixOyster bay$50GeeBeeDined on 7/17/2014Starters big for 1 person. would have been good to get some advice around this before ordering. Requested to order starters and then mains later however chef refused to take order in this way . Good quality but over priced.Special Features:
- LoveJorgeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Favorite restaurant in Miami, can go after day at beach or for romantic occasion. Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantasticmmemari88Dined on 7/14/2014It all starts with the cheesy garlic bread, which is delectable and delicious. Having been here a few times, I can honestly say that everything we have tried has been extremely good, not even one mediocre dish to be seen. The truffle mac and cheese is incredible, while the Kobe meatballs and the pasta dishes are excellent as well. Very large portions so be prepared to eat! Fantastic restaurant, 5 stars.Special Features:
- Love those MeatballsMarkJVIPDined on 7/13/2014Yes, it's a "red sauce" American-Italian but that truly is underselling what this place is like. Enormous portions and a fabulously varied menu are what will greet you when you inevitably over-order. Highly recommended - the free garlic bread with a perfect tomato sauce - the Kobe Meatball with Spaghetti, the chopped Salad (it’s the size of a Garden!!) Tuna Tartare and Shrimp Cocktail (Each shrimp is the size of a small shark!). Even though, you will be ready for the "over-eaters" ambulance to ferry you away, you must still order dessert and, as tempted as you are by the fried Oreos, I firmly recommend that you order the Ho Ho. It is quite stunning! Pricey… Yes… But worth every penny and every calorie!Special Features:
- Great Italian but not kids friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Excellent food with a high price tag, would recommend it for couples who wants to relax in a great atmosphere. Not suitable for children, could almost feel they were not welcome..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodDrhands1Dined on 7/12/2014Had a good experience did not wait for the table service was good and so was the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE!OskbowDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I love this spot in Miami Beach. We love the "GIANT" veal meatball a top creamy polenta. The steaks are also to die for. Be sure to give this one a place on any visit to this amazing city! CIAO!Special Features:
- The following 716 reviews are from the Prime Italian reviews archive.
- Usually My FavParisnycDined on 7/1/2014I have eaten here and recommend this place over and over. Perhaps they were having a bad evening. The service was fair as well as the food. I will give it another go at some point but lets see how it goesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once again!577nitroVIPDined on 6/26/2014We visit SB several times a year. We tried Prime Italian after it first opened and now is our #1 not to miss, go to spot for a really great dinner and evening. Superb menu with great variety and honestly we have not had a bad dish from the many we have ordered! Sister restaurant to the steakhouse Prime 112 across the street and bonus with outdoor seating is the people watching as they come and go to both places. Top caliber service and pricing at a fair level being SB and top class food. Go once and you will be back many times!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014When spending 100a person I'd expect more from the service. Seemed like they rushed me out the door and it wasn't even busy. When we asked for a cab. We were told that they don't call for cabs And we should walk and find one on the street. Well it was raining???