Prime de Leon
33 Patio de Leon
Fort Myers, FL 33901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prime de Leon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primedeleon.com/
- Phone: (239) 689-3984
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Brent Devlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Prime de Leon offers private dining to parties of 50-100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sheehan 9146217340
A word from Prime de Leon
PRIME de Leon is the premier Steakhouse of Southwest Florida, blending modern decor with the traditional steakhouse experience. The restaurant's location is in the famous Patio de Leon, and is the epicenter of the downtown historic district of Fort Myers. Join us at PRIME de Leon for extraordinary fare, and impeccable service in an upscale casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Prime de Leon - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Prime de Leon reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (17)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very Good!ben97alana00VIPDined on 11/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Prime de Leon. The food was very good as was the service. The squash soup was delightful and the steaks were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Polenta???OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Food was very good. But we just really loved the Polenta. Insanely delicious. Bring it back ASAP! Thanks for the great food and interesting apps and sides!Special Features:
- not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The place was recommended highly for it's steaks. That I agree to. What makes it a disappointment is the tables are so close together I felt like I was having dinner family style. The sides are alacarte boo hisssSpecial Features:
- Great steaksDoc255VIPDined on 11/7/2014Nice steakhouse in busy downtown area. Steaks were a bit underdone but after reheating they were just fine. Sides were enough for two or three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime reviewkatdawsDined on 11/7/2014We thought the food was very good, however, not someplace you would do on a weekly basis...due to price. Not so much just the price of the food but everything is ala carte. We thought the tables were a little close so it cut down a little on the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gbs626Dined on 11/4/2014We dined with friends and all of us had excellent meals, beef was great, salads and vegetables for enough for 2. All 4 of us would return.,Special Features:
- Surprising find; excellent timeRHH01VIPDined on 10/30/2014Me Wife and I dined here and had an image of the typical steak place - clubby, dark decor and stuffy. Surprised with the outdoor patio areas, engaging decor and personal/friendly service. Diverse wine selection, many steak topping options, delicious shrimp cocktail, a twist on the cesear salad and highly flavorful steaks.Special Features:
- Nice steak restaurantcollieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Steaks were amazing, cooked perfectly, extremely and helpful inviting staff We had a filet, ribeye, key lime creme brule Sides of cream spinach and beets, Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Prime de LeonCruisen4foodDined on 10/10/2014I have been here for lunch two times and had beef sliders both times. Beef was excellent, portion was large, loved the fries and lunch was very reasonably priced. Wine selection was very nice. Service was very good. My friends had never been there before and would like to return again. Nice addition to downtown Fort Myers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upgrade Your Date-Night-FlogrownFoodie1Dined on 9/26/2014Made a reserovation on my phone 5 minutes before we left the house and felt like champ when we showed up 10 minutes later and our table was waiting on us- We were greated by a smiling hostest who was charming and professional and seated us instantly. We were both blowen away with each unique course that arived at our table- Slab of Bacon, Porkbelly, 40 ounces of porter house for 2 made us vow to never to settle for chain food on date night again. The server, Wayne, was perfect with a full understanding of the menu and could not have been better. The Manager/Owner, checked in at the end and thanked us for stopping in- This place is top notch and easily the newest best restrauant Down Town. I would keep this a secret but it woul'd be fair -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic date night!ChristineFDined on 9/24/2014Went here with my boyfriend for our 3 year anniversary dinner. It was great! Great lively atmosphere, enough back ground noise no one noticed us playing footsie, but quiet enough we could have a normal conversation. The food was great, I had the 8oz filet with the blue cheese crust (recommended by a friend), it was delicious. I left with a full belly and barely had any leftovers-I couldn't stop myself! My boyfriend got the New York strip, the bite I had was amazing! We got a bottle of red wine, which the knowledgeable server, Jessa recommended, which perfectly tied the meal together. Jessa must have mentioned it was a special occasion, because the owner, made a stop at our table to check on us-super exciting to see him out and about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly AmazingNickM923Dined on 9/24/2014I haven't had much to talk about in the way of culinary experiences since we moved here four years ago.Service was fantastic.It was a Wednesday nights so it wasn't too noisy.Jean and I split the brioche toast appetizer($9)as it was interesting and something we'd never seen. Absolutely delicious blend of flavors. Jean had the chicken dish($19)which she said was great and juicy, I can't speak for her because I did not try it as I was not wasting stomach real-estate. Wayne talked me into the 20oz ribeye($39)best cut of meat I've in ages,right there with Gibsons or smith and wolenski.Just perfect melt in your mouth flavor.On the side we split the truffle Mac and cheese($8) simply the best I've ever had... Done and done, we've found a new home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRICEYfoodiesabDined on 9/19/2014I was excited to have a nice steakhouse open up in this location however, I was not expecting the prices to be more than Ruth's Chris. The food was good but some of the options were a little strange. They are definitely trying to compete with Ruth's Chris but they are not Ruth's Chris quality. For a table of 4 with very little alcohol, our bill was $285.00. If we had gone to Ruth's Chris it would not have been that much. I said above that I would recommend this restaurant to a friend but I would warn them of the high prices at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedFrankieDined on 9/19/2014A nice downtown place to dine with a food menu, decent food, pleasent atmosphere and service. Though this place has good food the value is not there, especially for a local, neighborhood eaterie. I doubt that Prime will attract a regular clientèle and repeat customers with the elevated price menu currently in place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a nice overall meal. Waiter did well although he did not come to the table very often. The only food issue was the doneness of my steak. I like a steak in the medium rare to medium range, The steak came to me rare, very rare. I could not get anyone's attention to rectify my issue. Great location and décor. I will give it another attempt at getting a steak cooked properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okftmyersbucDined on 9/11/2014The steak was excellent and cooked properly. Ok place for special occasions. Our waitress was very attentive. They seem to want to flip tables too quickly, however. There were only four tables of diners when we were there and they had us out the door in under forty minutes. For touting itself as an upscale resaurant, it seemed more like a chain restaurant that was only interested in moving us through quickly. When I pay $100 for two steaks, two sides and one glass of wine, I don't expect to feel rushed. We probably won't be back.
- Finally Downtown Ft. Myers!DecoDCS72VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food at Prime was excellent, our service attentive but not irritating, terrific wines and right where we love to hang out on the weekends. The steaks were tender and flavorful, the truffle fries were amazing as was the grilled asparagus. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great new steak house in Ft.MyersfundanteDined on 9/5/2014Before your review request, I wrote a review on Trip Advisors, but will say that the service, food/wine selection, preparation, very attractive vintage designed supper club, fabulous server Oscar and Kelly Sheehan's inviting friendliness were all awesome. Can't wait to go back. Two had the special scallops and 2 had the filet mignon - all cooked to perfection. Adios Morgan House (finally) and welcome Prime De LeonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningPaseodinerDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated another couple's 50th wedding anniversary - mentioned this on-line and when I called to confirm the dress code. No extra effort was made except by the waiter who comped us a desert. The food was very good - unusual French onion soup and Granny Smith salad both excellent. Steaks were mixed as far as requested "doneness", but very good quality. Baked potatoes served two, the creamed spinach served four. Tres leche donuts for desert were small (5 donut holes) but good and all that we wanted. The server was very helpful and friendly - excellent service. More than enough food - we each took part of our steak home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service was very good. The bartender was pleasant as was the waitress. Crab app was very average. The steaks the NY Strip and our Filet was not very tender. The price was very expensive for the quality of the food. Ruth Chris is much better for the dollar. Preston's in Naples is the best if price is not a consideration.
- Needed steakhouse downtownbigarmDined on 8/24/2014The 8 ounce prime was truly prime - outstanding. All the sides were excellent and good size. Drinks and wine were good. It is pricey for Ft. Myers. Don't care for charging for sides, even if plentiful and that you can share them. Beautifully redecorated airy and light as contrasted with what was the Morgan House. While it was quiet, I can see that you might be able to hear others conversations. This was our 45th Anniversary and it was a good choice for us on this special occasion. I would return, but again, due to price, it would have to be another special occasion. I did get my open table points when I called to check on them. Actually, there was confusion on that, but Andre from Open Table called me today to confirm them.Special Features:
- A New Find in Ft MyersPackardsDined on 8/23/2014This new restaurant offers high quality steaks, unique appetizers and for fish lovers a few great choices. The pork belly appetizer is a must! The service is exceptional and the owner is on top of the details that make a restaurant a great experience . We found the wine list interesting with appropriate price ranges. The decor is comfortable capturing an environment for casual dining and a touch of the upscale. You will be comfortable in casual attire, however.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I have already booked to go back again Saturday. I was nervous I was going to miss the Morgan house, but this is the perfect replacement. Meal was fabulous, place had a good crowd, and service was great. I had the veal special, which was to die for and my friend had the filet which looked great as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Definitely a must try!killahkellDined on 8/13/2014Tried it once so far, made reservations for my boyfriend and I. We were seated right away, I love the booth additions- they were super comfortable. Hostess and staff on point and attentive. They came around to check on us regularly. I had the Brioche Toast to start, definitely unique and delicious. We had the Porterhouse for two as per our servers suggestion (Oscar)- he was right on point. I can't go to a steakhouse without getting mac and cheese as a side, my boyfriend got the creamed spinach. Honestly, we didn't have one complaint. Great addition to downtown- very romantic. I will be going back.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Steak was great. Sides were all mediocre and they were also out of items from the bar.. Disappointed overall. We need a great steak place downtown ft Myers!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The place is brand new and has a few "opening pains" in my opinion. I would definitely go again. The staff was very nice and well trained. Some of the food was great and some not so much. That happens in new restaurants and i am sure they will work it out soon.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Prime de Leon reviews archive.
- I expected a more intimate settingDowntownFanDined on 7/19/2014Food was good. My wife and I were unable to have conversation without couples on either side of us listening. Likewise it was impossible to ignore their conversations.Special Features:
- Much better than expectedSnowDined on 7/18/2014Great cut of beef. Thoroughly enjoyed our ribeye. Only minor glitches to overcome for such a new restaurant. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!yesgirlDined on 7/12/2014Superb atmosphere, entrees, apps and desserts were perfect! Excellent service! We've gone back a couple of times. Delicious filet mignon!Special Features:
- Soft OpeneingRickoshayDined on 7/11/2014I was disappointed it was just a soft opening with a very limited menu. However the filet mignon was perfect, service was great. I am looking forward to the full opening with aged porterhouse steaks.Special Features: