Prime de Leon
33 Patio de Leon
Fort Myers, FL 33901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prime de Leon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primedeleon.com/
- Phone: 2396893984
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Brent Devlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Prime de Leon offers private dining to parties of 50-100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sheehan 9146217340
A word from Prime de Leon
PRIME de Leon is the premier Steakhouse of Southwest Florida, blending modern decor with the traditional steakhouse experience. The restaurant's location is in the famous Patio de Leon, and is the epicenter of the downtown historic district of Fort Myers. Join us at PRIME de Leon for extraordinary fare, and impeccable service in an upscale casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Prime de Leon - Best Restaurants in Fort Myers ›
Prime de Leon reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Just okftmyersbucDined on 9/11/2014The steak was excellent and cooked properly. Ok place for special occasions. Our waitress was very attentive. They seem to want to flip tables too quickly, however. There were only four tables of diners when we were there and they had us out the door in under forty minutes. For touting itself as an upscale resaurant, it seemed more like a chain restaurant that was only interested in moving us through quickly. When I pay $100 for two steaks, two sides and one glass of wine, I don't expect to feel rushed. We probably won't be back.
- Finally Downtown Ft. Myers!DecoDCS72VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food at Prime was excellent, our service attentive but not irritating, terrific wines and right where we love to hang out on the weekends. The steaks were tender and flavorful, the truffle fries were amazing as was the grilled asparagus. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great new steak house in Ft.MyersfundanteDined on 9/5/2014Before your review request, I wrote a review on Trip Advisors, but will say that the service, food/wine selection, preparation, very attractive vintage designed supper club, fabulous server Oscar and Kelly Sheehan's inviting friendliness were all awesome. Can't wait to go back. Two had the special scallops and 2 had the filet mignon - all cooked to perfection. Adios Morgan House (finally) and welcome Prime De LeonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningPaseodinerDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated another couple's 50th wedding anniversary - mentioned this on-line and when I called to confirm the dress code. No extra effort was made except by the waiter who comped us a desert. The food was very good - unusual French onion soup and Granny Smith salad both excellent. Steaks were mixed as far as requested "doneness", but very good quality. Baked potatoes served two, the creamed spinach served four. Tres leche donuts for desert were small (5 donut holes) but good and all that we wanted. The server was very helpful and friendly - excellent service. More than enough food - we each took part of our steak home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The service was very good. The bartender was pleasant as was the waitress. Crab app was very average. The steaks the NY Strip and our Filet was not very tender. The price was very expensive for the quality of the food. Ruth Chris is much better for the dollar. Preston's in Naples is the best if price is not a consideration.
- Needed steakhouse downtownbigarmDined on 8/24/2014The 8 ounce prime was truly prime - outstanding. All the sides were excellent and good size. Drinks and wine were good. It is pricey for Ft. Myers. Don't care for charging for sides, even if plentiful and that you can share them. Beautifully redecorated airy and light as contrasted with what was the Morgan House. While it was quiet, I can see that you might be able to hear others conversations. This was our 45th Anniversary and it was a good choice for us on this special occasion. I would return, but again, due to price, it would have to be another special occasion. I did get my open table points when I called to check on them. Actually, there was confusion on that, but Andre from Open Table called me today to confirm them.Special Features:
- A New Find in Ft MyersPackardsDined on 8/23/2014This new restaurant offers high quality steaks, unique appetizers and for fish lovers a few great choices. The pork belly appetizer is a must! The service is exceptional and the owner is on top of the details that make a restaurant a great experience . We found the wine list interesting with appropriate price ranges. The decor is comfortable capturing an environment for casual dining and a touch of the upscale. You will be comfortable in casual attire, however.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I have already booked to go back again Saturday. I was nervous I was going to miss the Morgan house, but this is the perfect replacement. Meal was fabulous, place had a good crowd, and service was great. I had the veal special, which was to die for and my friend had the filet which looked great as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Definitely a must try!killahkellDined on 8/13/2014Tried it once so far, made reservations for my boyfriend and I. We were seated right away, I love the booth additions- they were super comfortable. Hostess and staff on point and attentive. They came around to check on us regularly. I had the Brioche Toast to start, definitely unique and delicious. We had the Porterhouse for two as per our servers suggestion (Oscar)- he was right on point. I can't go to a steakhouse without getting mac and cheese as a side, my boyfriend got the creamed spinach. Honestly, we didn't have one complaint. Great addition to downtown- very romantic. I will be going back.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014Steak was great. Sides were all mediocre and they were also out of items from the bar.. Disappointed overall. We need a great steak place downtown ft Myers!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The place is brand new and has a few "opening pains" in my opinion. I would definitely go again. The staff was very nice and well trained. Some of the food was great and some not so much. That happens in new restaurants and i am sure they will work it out soon.
- I expected a more intimate settingDowntownFanDined on 7/19/2014Food was good. My wife and I were unable to have conversation without couples on either side of us listening. Likewise it was impossible to ignore their conversations.Special Features:
- Much better than expectedSnowDined on 7/18/2014Great cut of beef. Thoroughly enjoyed our ribeye. Only minor glitches to overcome for such a new restaurant. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft OpeneingRickoshayDined on 7/11/2014I was disappointed it was just a soft opening with a very limited menu. However the filet mignon was perfect, service was great. I am looking forward to the full opening with aged porterhouse steaks.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Prime de Leon reviews archive.