Prime Catch Restaurant
41 South Park Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Prime Catch Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primecatchseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 5167055340
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Al Avci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Prime Catch Restaurant
Prime Catch Seafood Grill & Bar offers an elegant Manhattan style atmosphere without leaving the island. Let our warm, friendly staff make your dining experience unforgettable. From our signature dishes to our delectable martinis, large selection of thirst quenching European craft beers, Prime Catch is the destination to relax and unwind. We are not just a seafood restaurant. We offer a wide selection of mouth watering chicken, tender steak, delicious pasta dishes, and scrumptious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime Catch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Fish!SivyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We wanted fish, we found it here. There were enough choices to satisfy, and our selections did not disappoint. And the prices were reasonableSpecial Features:
- phenomenal restaurantluv2dineDined on 10/7/2014My husband and I had an amazing dining experience. From the minute we walked in we were greeted by the warm and friendly staff. The food was excellent. I had the grilled salmon with jasmine rice. The salmon was very moist and flavorful.The rice was dedelicious too. My husband had the whole bronzino which was full of flavor as well. We shared a nice bottle of wine and had a wonderful evening. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencegreatexperience2Dined on 10/7/2014We were going to have a cocktail or two before heading to dining room for dinner, but we changed our mind and had dinner at the bar. Bartender Al was very professional. His martinis were really good. Food was delicious. We had been to few bars in town before, but this bars clientele is mature adults. Everybody was talking to everybody. I felt like we are in "Cheers". We enjoyed it a lot. We missed the happy hour. They have great happy hour specials, and it is from noon until 7pm. We ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicelovetoeatanddrinkoutDined on 9/30/2014This was our second time here. We enjoyed it very much the firstime and brought our friends here the other day. Food was delicious. Blackened swordfish was very tender and juicy. My husband had the skirt steak. It was seasoned just right. Our friends got the bassa fish and chicken spinach mozzarella with pesto. They loved it. Server was professional and funny. There was a 15 minute wait but it is worth to wait even 30 minutes. Great experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Every time we have eaten at Prime Catch,it is amazingSpecial Features:
- Great FishMangiaMarkDined on 9/27/2014The place has a comfortable atmosphere for dinner with a nice bar area. The food was terrific - nice presentation & delicious. Had the shrimp ceviche and swordfish special (kababobs with jasmine rice) both were fresh and excellently prepared. Only downside was service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding restaurantluv2dineDined on 9/24/2014The food and service was amazing. The portions are very large. We highly recommend this place. Nice bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014From appetiZers to dessert everything was phenomenal!!! We will definitely be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencelovetoeatanddrinkoutDined on 9/19/2014The food was delicious. Martinis were great. Service was very professional. Although the place was packed we were not rushed on Saturday. Great choice of music. We ll definetaly recommend, and we ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 9/13/2014First off we did not care for the seating. We felt as if we were on top of the next table. I ordered the filet and it was so so but the roasted potatoes I had with my steak were very well done . My husband did enjoy his appetizer of fried oysters though. I actually don't see us returning here.
- Suiper CatchenjotfoodDined on 8/30/2014The Prime Catch is a Prime restaurant. Could not ask for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014I WILL NEVER GO BACK. THE SERVICE AND FOOD WAS TERRIBLE. I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY
- Simply deliciousFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/26/2014Totally last minute our daughter mentioned that she was looking for a healthy seafood place to dine with my wife and I. I came across Prime Catch on Open Table. We were not disappointed..... In fact our three seafood dishes were all delicious....the grilled salmon...the St Peters (like tilapia) fish and the flounder...all prepared as asked and simply delicious with the various sides. Our meal started off with a wonderful lobster bisque and caesar salad that we shared. Our attentive wait staff having offered up suggestions on the main course and making sure that our meal lived up to our expectations. While we passed on desert...we will surely be back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014food and service was good; receptionist was snippySpecial Features:
- Mislead the customerhalfsingDined on 7/6/2014If my experience is repeated: Beware of an inaccurate coupon designed to get you in, a waiter who cannot articulate the "rules", a bill much higher than you expect, and a waiter who then shrugs and says he only works there. To management: you know exactly what I am talking about. I urge you to never do this again as it will only reduce your business - not increase it. People do not appreciate this. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area. This is not how you compete.
- Great!!judymichaelVIPDined on 7/4/2014We tried this place with friends for the first time recently and loved it! Such nice people there! Great menu and the freshest food! The clams were so sweet! I had a grilled salmon that was the best piece of fish I've ever had -- seasoned and grilled to perfection. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and cleaned our plates. There was no rush, they timed everything perfectly and the owner came over to say hello. I can't wait to go back and bring other friends. Prime Catch is warm and inviting!Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchMultiDined on 7/4/2014We had a $25 Restaurant.com certificate which the Manager refused to honor, purportedly because it was the July 4th "holiday". The certificate had no such restriction. We will never go to this restaurant again and will discourage our friends and neighbors.
- Great spot for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014Friendly attentive service. Food was outstanding. The bassa was one of the best fish dishes I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing dinnerdelishVIPDined on 6/28/2014Six of us to celebrate an anniversary Entrees n salads were very good ( mahi mahi n lobster tails ) and we were not rushed - noise from the bar somewhat dampens ambiance but would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurant. Gr8 findMikeDined on 6/28/2014Surprised that it was not more crowded. Unique spin on muscle dishes/apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Prime Catch!JRPCDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent! Filet of sole, tuna, crab cakes - all very high marks! We felt that they needed a bit of an extra hand for this busy Saturday night. Service was slightly off. Overall - very good and could be excellent!Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Prime Catch Restaurant reviews archive.
- Service is KEYKimiVIPDined on 6/14/2014Always a dependable meal. Fresh quality food in a fun and relaxed setting. But what keeps us coming back is the service. Every waiter or waitress that has served us has been delightful.. One more professional and accommodating than the next. Especially Kathleen. She is warm, friendly, personable and goes out of her way to make your dining experience lovely. We'll be back Kathleen! Thank you!Special Features:
- LoRainTSDined on 6/14/2014Friendly and very accommodating staff. Fish (bass) was delightful. This is definitely a seafood place, so I therefore recommend the seafood dishes more than the steaks. Right in the heart of a nice neighborhood, with lots of places for strolling and shopping after the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experience - food ok..CriticDined on 5/24/2014Had a enjoyable time at this small local spot. Staff tried very hard and were very nice. Attempt at good food was made but a number of dishes came out no more then OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurreviewVIPDined on 5/24/2014The crabcakes had too much mayo and the 2 entrees were tasteless.
- Great fish!judyDined on 4/26/2014This was my second time with Prime Catch, and I must say that the fish was definitely fresh and very well prepared! My sister-in-law loved her branzini and finished my filet of sole completely! We also had the fried oysters and raw little neck calms - both were excellent as well. We were also left alone to talk as long as we wanted - and was never disturbed nor felt rushed to finish our entrees. It was a great dining experience and I'm definitely coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left a bad tastecher10VIPDined on 4/18/2014We were a large group with a 745 reservation . We were told by the not so nice hostess that we were just waiting for the 2 women at the table to get up. Twenty minutes later we were still waiting, thirty minutes later, I finally suggested that she buy them a coffee or drink at a bar table. But tell them you need the table. The hostess never offered anything to my group to appease us. When we finally sat at around 825, I asked the busboy to send the manager over. Saw him tell someone that the table over there wanted to speak to him and the answer we got was "he's not the manager". I guess the busboy was confused about who is boss was! Will not recommended based on this experience
- Service was prompt and courteousRRBFSCVIPDined on 4/4/2014Service was prompt and courteous but we were not rushed. Bar area was very loud so it impacted the dining experience. Food was great and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2014This restaurant has excellent food; will make to order. Al, the owner will make you feel welcome; the waiters aim to please. My family, friends and I are regulars! EAT HERE, it's GOOD! Lou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timesw1485Dined on 3/29/2014We went to Prime Catch on a rainy Saturday night with a reservation and the 4 of us were seated immediately. Water and bread came quickly and our waiter Bob was both professional, attentive and friendly. We began our meal with the Cerviche and Fried Calamari appetizers. The Cerviche was good, not great, and the calamari was very good, crisp and light. The main courses, all of ordered fish, we delicious. Nicely prepared, tasty and presented well. Of course the men finished dinner and the wives took half home. No desserts were ordered. My only complaint was the $6.50 charge for a small cup of cappuccino. REALLY, $6.50!!! Other than not ordering the cappuccino again, I would recommend Prime Catch.Special Features:
- Consistently NiceCherVIPDined on 3/27/2014I can always count on consistent quality and service here. Appreciate that! Always an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, big portions andBean71VIPDined on 3/21/2014Good food, big portions and a friendly wait staff. Really loved the fried oysters and their crab cake is mostly crab unlike at some places I've dined. However, parking in Rockville Centre is ridiculous. They have municipal parking behind the immediate area, but you'll be waiting around for a long time. We parked a round the corner about 2 blocks down. Not too much of an issue since it wasn't too cold outside. Also, they didn't seem to know about the Open Table Dining check. Fortunately, they accepted it anyway.
- Suprise!GCMomDined on 3/15/2014We had a hard time getting a last minute reservation in RVC, and frankly was nervous when we were able to score a prime 7pm Sat night reservation at Prime Catch. Our expectations were low. The space is very modern and clean, although a little bit too noisy for my husband and I to talk too much. The food was surprisingly good. Soup was flavorful and fish was fresh and also very well seasoned. Staff was appropriately attentive and menu had a lot of good choices. Specials all look yummy. We had the worst table in the house, but even still it was an enjoyable meal. Nice neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCHKimiVIPDined on 2/23/2014Everything from the food to the service was OUTSTANDING! What a great find in the neighborhood. I will be back again and again! And our waiter was beyond attentive and accommodating.. Great staff, great environment and GREAT FRESH FOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood on LI?NYCDinerVIPDined on 2/23/2014The food was excellent. The raw clams were fresh and the special seafood linguine plate was awesome. The lobster cream sauce was not heavy and it was full of mussels and lobster. And Tony our server was very attentive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewChrisDined on 2/14/2014The service was great, space was a bit cramped, but waiter made us feel welcome like we were everyday customers.Special Features:
- A great secretchoppyDined on 2/14/2014Love this place for it's creative dishes. Special occasions can be full to capacity and louder than normal, but there are plenty of romantic spots for seating. The servers were very attentive (especially AL). Watch for groupon offers such as Free bottle of wine with dinner for two. Warmer weather offers a great bar setting, completely open to the sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was delishshasheDined on 2/1/2014The stuffed mushroom caps and the beet and goat cheese salad are recommended. I got the blacked swordfish and I tasted the seared tuna and both were very good. The chocolate mint martini and the south beach martini both got good reviews as well. The waiter was very accommodating and friendly but maybe too busy. It was a little noisy. It's a small restaurant and the dining area had 3 TV's but luckily they were not on so they did not disturb the meal. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time there. We willSchmoopeyVIPDined on 1/25/2014Our first time there. We will most definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014This was my second visit and their service and food is always great. I have only gotten the seafood so far.Special Features: