Prime at Saratoga National
458 Union Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prime at Saratoga National
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.golfsaratoga.com/dining.html
- Phone: (518) 583-4653
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm,
Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Lite Fare: Monday - Sunday: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Saunders
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Crystal Room is a warmly elegant private room serves as a multi-function space to be used for meetings up to 35 guests as well as a formal dinner setting for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Campion 518-583-4653x603
- Entertainment: Live music is offered in our lounge Thursday - Saturday 6:30pm - 9:30pm. Happy Hour daily from 5pm - 7pm. We also have our popular Sunday Jazz Brunch with great jazz music to serenade you while you enjoy our classic brunch buffet.
A word from Prime at Saratoga National
Prime at Saratoga National is Saratoga's favorite restaurant in the venerable tradition of the Great American Steakhouse.Continued
Prime at Saratoga National’s dynamic menu will showcase signature entrees as well as classic favorites.
Prime at Saratoga National’s dynamic menu will showcase signature entrees as well as classic favorites.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Prime at Saratoga National - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Prime at Saratoga National reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (31)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (23)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- DisappointedChowHoundDined on 11/9/2014When we walked it the restaurant, the brunch display was expansive and attractively presented. But then we were seated in an extremely dark room with all window shades closed...not appropriate for a brunch! A few brunch items were tasty but most were boring and uninspired.
- Tasty Sunday brunch!upstatenybklyngalDined on 10/19/2014Granted it was a blustery, cold day in Fall, the food was set out in the atrium. So every time, the door opened, the wind cold accompanied arriving guests. The placement of buffet setup is too close to entrance, about 5 ft from door. Hence the warm food selections did not stay as warm as we would like. It would be better situated in the bar area. However, the food was so delicious, well prepared and replenished promptly. Service was overall pleasant and good, except a bit lax on picking up empty plates off the table. I have eaten here for dinner and the service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend Prime for any occasion. It is undoubtedly a class A establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmospheretomlaw59Dined on 10/18/2014The food was awesome. Pricey, but it's a top-end restaurant. We ate at night, so didn't get the views, but went back the next day just to see. Excellent steaks, drinks, attentive service. Would definitely go back next time I'm in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Great steak dinner on birthdayAchillesRestaurantReviewsDined on 10/16/2014We love steak and were not disappointed with our meal. We celebrated our daughter's nineteenth birthday with this massive piece of chocolate cake which was excellent. Great service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- ExcellentTablefor2Dined on 10/11/2014This was our first time in Saratoga and Prime was recommended to us for dinner. It was an excellent choice and we had a very nice dinner. Elise and Jimmy were our servers and they were fantastic and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/8/2014Location not set-up for mobile limited accessible dining. Waited 10 minutes for matridee to come to podium only to first ask how did you break your foot. Then made a comment that "every one is clumsy". Sat us the furthest you could be away from door (difficult to walk between tables with crutches). Wearing dark clothes my husband and I left with white link on our clothes from their white napkins. Prime Cowboy steak was very chewy, burnt and crispy on the outside ( just "love" the taste of crunchy char on food- yuk) and not worth the price. My potatoes (got surf and turf special) were ice cold (like they served it directly from the refrigerator ) and filet was not cooked propery. Offered us free desert when we let them know the issues.
- We'll be back...AlteredEgoDined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch 10/5/14, our second brunch visit to the Prime at Saratoga National. Once again food, service, ambiance, setting, value for price all exceptional. Live jazz ensemble a nice touch but Caution: unless you value jazz over conversation, ask to be seated away from the noise. We were initially shown to table next to the drummer. Go figure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingeatingood1VIPDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary at Prime and were duly impressed. We were greeted warmly and wished a happy anniversary many times during the evening. Prime even printed out a special greeting and placed it on our table. The food and service were outstanding and if in the area again, would definitely make a return visit.Special Features:
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014From the second you pull up to the valet to the second you pay for the check. The only words that came to mind were elegant, pristine, romantic, refined. Amazing service at a beautiful venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion dinerladybugsjl57Dined on 9/21/2014Love the National for finr dining and bringing our out of state guests. Food is always excellent and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRonboVIPDined on 9/18/2014Met a long time friend and wanted to have a really good meal with ambiance. Prime did not dissapoint on any level. This is a place you can't miss when in town.Special Features:
- Lovely place for brunchEatsoutoftenDined on 9/14/2014The setting was lovely, the buffet options both extensive and excellent, and the wait staff pleasant and attentive. After brunch we enjoyed a cocktail and the view at the patio fire pit. A perfect ending to our weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster MondaysfjfsfDined on 9/8/2014The service was impeccable, food was excellent, and we had a lovely dining experience. I definitely would enjoy dinner at the Prime again and would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster NightlobsterloversDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I decided to check out the Monday Night Lobster special and were pleasantly surprised at how much food you were given. We had a nice glass of wine and our lobster was very good. All three courses were very good. A well spend night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014Terrible food Great location that is about all I can say for this spotSpecial Features:
- Warm, Friendly, BeautifulBKJOMOMVIPDined on 9/5/2014The majestic building as you approach through the golf course is just gorgeous. Valet at the front door, enter a lovey entry hall, very handsome indoor bar with great woodwork and comfortable sitting area, outdoors is another covered bar with tremendous view of the 18th hole of the golf course and fountains with outdoor dinning and numerous spots for relaxing cocktails. The staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. We dined indoors in the very handsome main dining room. Dinner was excellent steak was done to perfection and appetizers to desert were tremendous. If this is a special occasion or just looking for a evening out, you can not miss the Prime at Saratoga National it will be a night to remember.Special Features:
- Paradise for LunchnittanyhokieDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I ate at The Prime while on our way to Lake Placid. It was a really nice summer day, but was like paradise at The Prime Restaurant. The location on the Saratoga National was amazing. In addition, our waiter Aaron was so nice and attentive. The food was plentiful and delicious. And it is only minutes from the highway. A real gemSpecial Features:
- A new server?ChristineDined on 9/3/2014Great restaurant . Very disappointed in the service. We had to ask our waiter to take our order as we had finished our appetizers and waiter still hadn't taken our order. I think he forgot about us. We did order desert but was never asked if we wanted coffee or tea until we asked for our check. Even the pouring of the wine was poor. The server didn't fill the glass of the women who ordered and tasted the wine. She had to ask for her initial glass. The specials we not discussed. There was no conversation about the food or wine. We were entertaining our supplier. It was almost embarrassing.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealeatoutregularlyDined on 8/26/2014This place is just simply special. The food is beyond delicious, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is wonderful. We had family from out of town and went on their last night in Saratoga. It couldn't have been better. It is pricey but it is just soooo special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special lunch occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Our lunch was very nice. The only hitch was that the waiter went off duty after leaving the bill but there was no one to take the payment when we wanted to leave. Poor transition of the wait staff.Special Features:
- Good but very priceyJessVIPDined on 8/13/2014Coming from NYC, food was very good but $30 per pound for lobster seems a bit much and definitely more expensive than at home! It's Saratoga not NYC!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike LOutandaboutDined on 8/13/2014Another great night. Service and food excellent. Third year in a row after the track.Special Features:
- 100% PerfectionFoodie4daysDined on 8/4/2014My boyfriend and I chose to dine at Prime because it was my boyfriend's birthday. We have heard many great things about it then as foodies like ourselves we decided to try it for ourselves. When we arrived to Prime I felt the class and warming atmosphere. We chose to dine outside overlooking the golf course and it was such a beauty. The view was very pretty and not to mention the veranda was breath taking. You weren't sitting too close to table next to you either. Our waiter was very attentive as well as bussers trying to make sure our dining experience was up to par. I had to the lobster roll and my boyfriend had the 9 oz filet with truffle fries. Our food was out of this world delicious. I recommend anything on the menu. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary.The food and service were both exceptional. After dinner, they let us finish our wine out on the veranda by the fire pit, even though an event was going on. A very special evening.Special Features:
- PALsaratogaDined on 7/29/2014Everytgung we had hoped for. Third time partner and I have been here. Did not disapppint. Better each time. Sat outside. Beautiful surroundings and weather. Great food and service. No pretentious servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedjimsVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great service from Bar and Wait staff. Food was above average and venue was spectacular. Especially enjoyed wine selection and steak. If anything "only average" it was the vegetablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 598 reviews are from the Prime at Saratoga National reviews archive.
- Finest Dinning in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014I brought guests for luncheon and they were totally impressed. Food and Service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1jcat1jcatDined on 7/21/2014Beautiful club , great food and moderate priced wines available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchHappy1Dined on 7/20/2014- Sunday Morning Brunch! We wanted to celebrate our 81 year old Moms recovery from a hip shattering incident. We had been told to try the Brunch at the Saratoga National Golf course, we were so glad we did! We entered through a warm yet stunningly beautiful polished rustic wooden foyer, we were greeted by pleasant, knownlegible staff. We were seated/treated to comfy overstuffed chairs for our dining pleasure. The selection and flavors from the buffet dazzled our palates! The Jazz Trio completed our experience. I had requested one of Moms favorite songs -Night Train- and between the tickling of the ivories, the sweet mellowness of the bass and the smokey tones from the brushes on the drums - we were in heaven!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We went to dinner at Prime at Saratoga for our wedding anniversary. The evening was wonderful and memorable. The service was outstanding, the food was unbelievable and the ambience was excellent. We are so glad we went to Prime at Saratoga for our special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to place to be pamperedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a delightful evening sitting outside on the beautiful patio. The food was delicious (the filet literally melted in my mouth & the "lifeboat dessert" was absolutely decadent), our server was efficient, helpful and friendly, and everyone we encountered treated us like we were very special. We were celebrating 3 birthdays and an anniversary and this was the perfect place for a wonderful evening of celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality very good.pabloDined on 7/10/2014Food was very good as well as the atmosphere. Service was not what you would expect from an upscale resturant. No personalization had many waiting staff with little interaction. Very load night we dined golfer event was going on.Special Features:
- LunchluvLGDined on 7/8/2014The atmosphere and the service was excellent, but I'm sorry to say we were very disappointed in the lobster rolls. They did not have the chunks of lobster in them which I find at other places and it surprised me, as I have eaten both lunch and dinner there in the past and always find it to be great. Hopefully, my next meal there will be better.Special Features:
- Not what I hoped for...CinCinVIPDined on 7/4/2014The service, the view, the drinks were great...but, in a restaurant review it is the food that matters. My medium rare steak was quite burned on the outside, but medium rare inside. It was dry and grainy in texture.(My husband's steak, as well.) It was not appealing to look at-arrived on a large white plate with a white roasted garlic. The side of creamed spinach arrived separately on a dish. It wasn't tasty, and normally I love that side. To be noted, it was a very busy night for the restaurant with a large wedding center stage, but I expected more from the food. The place itself is quite beautiful.Special Features:
- Best In TownLLLLDined on 6/28/2014The Prime at National is the best restaurant around, always top notch service and the food is absolutely wonderful - by far my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and NoisegenbnetDined on 6/26/2014The noise level was a little much. Calamari was a little over cooked in other words a little crunchy. We could not keep a conversation going because of the in ability to hear each other across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DAH1962Dined on 6/25/2014The food and service were excellent. I loved the more relaxed atmosphere as compared to 677 Prime in Albany. It was raining so we weren't able to sit outside, but the patio looked very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectBizzy57Dined on 6/23/2014Don't miss Prime! Perfect for a special occasion or just a splurge for a night out. It's expensive but seriously worth every penny! Our server was outstanding - as was the whole team. He was formal and professional but never stuffy. A very rare combination. You cannot go wrong - definitely try Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was wonderful!LynnGDined on 6/22/2014Our waitress was outstanding a And food was outstanding. 4 couples and everyone was so pleased. The only thing I would say is that we had the table right near jazz band and it was a little difficult to hear each other. Would have preferred a tar a little further away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flynnieDined on 6/21/2014Top noch service and food. Best in the area. Wait staff was on the ball and the food was outstanding.Special Features: