Prime & Beyond New York
90 E.10th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prime & Beyond New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primeandbeyond.com/
- Phone: 2125050033x
- Hours of Operation:
We are now operating Lunch *Sat & Sun(12pm-3pm)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-10:30pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - Midnight
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Korean, Steakhouse, Korean
- Executive Chef: Ok Joon Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We sell USDA Prime graded steaks (Dry & Wet aged) for retail
- Private Party Facilities: Please for private dining details.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Lee 2125050033x
A word from Prime & Beyond New York
Prime and Beyond, is a family owned steak house that has been serving exquisite USDA Prime Steaks in the Tri-State area since its establishment in 2003. After building a profound reputation in Fort Lee, NJ, Prime and Beyond has now extended its service to New York City’s East Village.Continued
"2013 & 2014 Michelin Guide Recommended"
"2013 & 2014 Michelin Guide Recommended"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime & Beyond New York reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (11)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)romantic (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Usually, Beyond GoodamorgieDined on 10/18/2014I have been to this restaurant 5 times. It is consistently very good. The last time I went there, however, the service was not great. The most recent time I went there, the food was very good, but not quite as good as it had been previously. We ordered the porterhouse for 2 people and a side of fries. The steak was a little fatty and we received half a bowl full of fries. The wine list is very expansive but there are few decent options. The wines are either very expensive (greater than 80 bucks per bottle) or reasonable (40 bucks per bottle). The reasonable bottles are not so good. I wish they carried better wines in the $40-50/bottle range.Special Features:
- DecentRawrDined on 10/10/2014The food was pretty good, my boyfriend got the 16oz New York Strip, and I got the Stir Fry steak. We got the fried calamari as an appetizer. The fried calamari came with some fried chips/something like that? It was really good. Not too salty and tasted great. The stir fry vegetables with steak wasn't worth it at all. He enjoyed the New York Strip. I personally would not go back, but it is a nice place to go to once.Special Features:
- Love it!MsFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Staff are very attentive, food is great. Pricey but worth it!Special Features:
- Phenomenal SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The steak for two is an extra-thick cut, takes 30-40 minutes to cook--but my goodness, what an exceptional piece of meat. That's the bottom line here: the steaks are pricey but really excellent. Not a very fancy atmosphere. Sides were just OK, scallion garnish for the meat really excellent.Special Features:
- All around great experienceFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We came here for my birthday dinner, good for groups of all sizes. Noise level was perfectly fine to accommodate an intimate dinner for two and also a group of twelve. The kitchen is open so you can see all the cooking if you sit in the booths. It's a very nice restaurant with casual touches - information about they're aging process is written on a chalk board. The meal was excellent. We started with an appetizer of the braised pork belly and had to order another one because it was so good. The sauce was divine and it was a nice mix of meat and fat. We ordered both the porterhouse and the dry aged rib eye. The ribeye in my opinion was much better. It was a better combination of char to meat. The scallion salad was the perfect side dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Waiter recommended the dry aged rib eye and he was right on point, delicious.Special Features:
- A hidden gem.trixiagraceDined on 8/22/2014I made a last minute reservation here for 5:30PM for my boyfriends birthday and it was absolutely perfect. I wanted to try this place out because I heard great reviews of their steaks. This place is very unique because they show you the steak before they actually cook it. My boyfriend ordered the wet aged new york strip and said it was one of the best steaks he's had in his life.. It made me so happy! I had the bulgogi and parmesan fries & it was great! Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. Could not say anything bad about my experience and I wish to come back soon!Special Features:
- Great alternative steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014These guys do great steaks but also have some Korean dishes on the menu. They have some ridiculously good appetizers too, especially if you like bacon and other pig parts.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseedEdVIPDined on 8/1/2014Tremendous beef, hand-picked and lovingly aged, top-notch service, great experience
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Excellent as always. Never have I been disappointed whenever I visit Prime and Beyond for their great cuts of steak. Makes me wish I could be there more often! Service as always was spectacular and accommodating.Special Features:
- awesome as alwaysdougVIPDined on 7/6/2014repeat visits with same result - outstanding steak and outstanding service. local gem that I'm willing to take 2 subways to get to. steak prepared perfectly as usual.Special Features:
- Unusual steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014Prime and Beyond offers a Korean inflected steak house meal that gives a fun, unusual wrinkle to a beloved standard. Check it out.Special Features:
- A+++++PLELDined on 6/29/2014SUCH A GREAT PLACE - FOOD ,SERVICE EVERYTHING OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- The following 196 reviews are from the Prime & Beyond New York reviews archive.
- Nice PlaceAzelanuDined on 6/5/2014Dry-aged meat is the best! Marbled and Well-cooked. Juicy and flavorfulSpecial Features:
- Glad we triedKay600Dined on 5/31/2014We wanted to try this restaurant since we read the great review on Epoch Newspaper. The service was great, the appetizers were nice, and they even celebrated my daughter’s birthday with a beautiful cake. However, we rate as "good" because the main part of the dinner: steak didn't come out as we requested. We requested medium rare and medium to well-done for two 2-people size steaks. They both came out quite rare and we had to return one of them to re-cook.Special Features:
- mmk1234Dined on 5/29/2014Their service is outstanding and their steaks are super delicious. Their rib-eye steak is the best. Of many NY steakhouses, this is my favorite!!Special Features:
- GemBowtie10Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent in all respects. Have been here many times Very consistant. Steaks are there specialty. Dry aged or wet aged. Your choice.Special Features:
- Nice steak with korean dishPastaloverDined on 5/3/2014The steak quality was excelent, and enjoyed with korean small dish too! Hope they have more good Japanese sake selection though...Special Features:
- Amazing. That's all.jopo125Dined on 5/3/2014My favorite steak joint in the city. They clearly want you to love it, not because they want your business but because they love it too. Our server was great at recommending options for our large party of 7, often encouraging us to order less than we were planning. That's a big part of cultivating regular customers right there. And they did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.rexewingDined on 5/1/2014I arrived with a reservation for a group of 4 and we were seated immediately. Our server made solid recommendations and the food was great. The kimchi and scallion "slaw" that accompanied our steaks were both fantastic. I also appreciated that the owner was active in the dining area. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Not the best steak at a high pricePanthyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Steak was unfortunately not juicy or flavorful... Very disappointing given the size of the check :(
- superb hand-selected steaksedEdVIPDined on 4/15/2014Just a great steakhouse and a great experience. I keep coming back.Special Features:
- Modern EatingTeaLeavesDined on 4/13/2014They take their steak seriously and do it very well. Prime and Beyond is located a little below street level and is very modern, with a lot of mirrors and chrome and black colors. Candles added a certain amount of luxury and isolation for each table but the long narrow space is an open, airy one which was really nice. We went here twice and both times, they have not disappointed. We sampled the rib-eye, kolbi, and the NY strip, all of which were great. Nothing beats the rib-eye. Definitely would recommend and it's a place I would bring friends to impress them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak with a twistRoamingFoodNerdDined on 4/13/2014This is one of my staple, treat for myself, steakhouses. They have excellent beef cooked with precision, a tasty wine list, and the korean accents to the food and side dishes are a nice change up from the standard wedge salad and creamed spinach. For your less adventurous friends this might be an interesting , but still familiar testing of the culinary waters of NYC. The best part? Its not as much of a hassle to get a table as it is at Peter Luger or Quality Meats (my other staples), at least for now.Special Features:
- Love, love, love this place!APChefVIPDined on 4/9/2014I live in the neighborhood and it's really the only place here to get a great steak. Steaks are great quality. Service always super friendly and helpful. Love the sea salt tastings and the little salads that come with the steaks. Been here 3 times within the last 2 months, and visits 2 and 3 within the same week. Lol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014This place is a real find in the neighborhood for those who love steak and read wine. Can't say the neighborhood has any place of this quality to offer for this specific meal. Highly recommend. Food is great. Service is great.Special Features:
- Bet You Can't Go Just Once!YumbyDined on 4/2/2014Prime and Beyond is our favorite place for intimate dinners as a couple or with a group of friends. The food, service, and overall experience is amazing every time. Our friends and colleagues that we've brought here seem to returned on their own, sometimes within a day or two. Bet you can't go just once!Special Features:
- Great night out, service includedsuehaxVIPDined on 3/30/2014We went to Prime & Beyond for an early dinner after a matinee to celebrate our son's 18th birthday with some big steaks. The food was fantastic. We had multiple starters and all were top notch, but the pork belly was particularly outstanding. And of course, the steaks were perfectly prepared with a large variety of cuts and preparations to choose from. But it was the service that made our night great. Our waiter was so engaging and helpful. It added an extra layer of fun to an already fun night out. Charming, charming place.Special Features:
- If you want a great dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014If you want a great dinner. You better be here. Everything was cooked to perfection. I would eat there again in a heartbeat. FabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Secret SpotYumbyDined on 3/19/2014This place is always on point. The service is incredible, and the steak is impeccable. A great spot to bring clients and friends and also go for date night. I've been here many times, and always have a fantastic experience. This is one of those places that is my secret spot, so I'm slightly hesitant to tell others about it. Prime and Beyond is beyond your expectations, they will go the extra distance to make your experience a special one. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, knowledgeable wait stafOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014Great meat and friendly service highlight this east village steak house. Wet and dry aged steaks headline the menu and once they make it to your plate you will not be disappointed. The waiter will even show you your raw cuts of beef prior to them being cooked up and served. No hard liquor served but a great wine list and plenty of sake based cocktails. Restaurant decor was a bit lacking and with the exception of Kimchi burger accouterments, the fact that this place has Korean roots is somewhat lost . Definitely recommend this for groups, dates or just a night out to get a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMikeDined on 3/6/2014This restaurant has great steaks, great service, and an excellent wine list. I highly recommend this spot for a business dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten here several timesJoyceVIPDined on 3/1/2014I've eaten here several times and never been disappointed with the food or service. Definitely the best place to come for a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak House with a twistGregHallentownDined on 2/23/2014Had dinner the other night and the Korean flair was real interesting. They serve the steak with a scallion and anchovy salad which was real neat. Would definitely try this again.Special Features:
- TerrificJezzawolfDined on 2/18/2014Interesting, delicious and exotic! On a snowy and cold Tuesday night, not very busy but good crowd - delicious food and presentable wine list.Special Features:
- Maybe the best steak I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Was amazed that i never heard of this steakhouse before. service was good and the food was even better. came here on valentines day so they didn't have the normal full menu. but i was lucky that what i wanted was still there. dry aged porterhouse and lamb chops were fantastic. im no steak expert but ive had my share of meat, and this is possibly the best steak ive had.Special Features:
- Great steak and great service...attReezyMcFlyDined on 2/14/2014Great steak and great service...attentive and delicious...nuff saidSpecial Features:
- Good food and friendly waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Good food and friendly waitress but service was so bad to the point of being absurd. The time between my dinner being seved and my friends was 10 minutes and there was a similar lag with the dessert They waited until the food started coming to tell one of my friends that they were out of her orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are looking for greatMorkVIPDined on 2/5/2014If you are looking for great steaks and attentive service in congenial surroundings this is the place. While it's not inexpensive you'll find all the quality in the steaks of the higher-end steak houses while not breaking the bank. And on top of that, the house-made kimchi, scallions and pork bellies are a huge bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectly cooked steak.ChristineIsPinkVIPDined on 2/4/2014Went to celebrate an anniversary. The duck app was surprisingly good. Definitely didn't think they'd pay much attention to meats here other than their steaks. The small salads that came with our meats were good. If you can't handle spice, let them know. They all came with (what I assume is) the house dressing, which had a strong wasabi component. We ordered the wet-aged ribeye for 2 and the dry-aged strip for one. They were both cooked PERFECTLY. That was the most impressive thing to me. I preferred the dry-aged (it was medium rare but not bleeding!) but both steaks were well-marbled, had great mouth feel, and I loved the sea salt. The mashed potato side was delicious. The service was polite and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.