Prime 47 - Indianapolis
47 S Pennsylvania St
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Prime 47 - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://indianapolis.prime47.com/
- Phone: (317) 624-0720
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jake Burgess
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Prime 47 offers off-site catering arrangements. From boardroom meetings to corporate events, our team will provide you with a Prime Experience. For more information please call the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or an elaborate affair, Prime 47 is the place for a truly personalized dining experience. Relax an enjoy the ambiance of our private dining rooms, while our staff becomes your staff. Dedicated to providing the most memorable of evenings for you and your guests. President's Room Seating Capacity: 20 Mezzanine Seating Capacity: 50 Reception Capacity: 75 The Fortune Room Seating Capacity: 88 Reception Capacity: 150 Main Dining Room arrangements are available as well.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Lenzke 3176240720
- Entertainment: Prime 47 has live music nightly beginning at 6pm. Our pianist plays a variety of music from the classical jazz to classic rock to current pop hits
A word from Prime 47 - Indianapolis
Prime 47 is known for its USDA Prime Steaks, exquisite cuisine, extensive wine selection and outstanding service. Relax and enjoy the ambiance, while our staff becomes your staff, dedicated to providing a truly personalized dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime 47 - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (24)romantic (24)good for groups (21)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- My crew says P47 steaks are the best in Indy.DanielKVIPDined on 11/19/2014This was maybe our 4-5 time at P47 and we had another great meal. The bone-in filet is outstanding. You can literally scrap the meat from the bone with your fork it is so tender. Great wine, shareable sides, and that half baked cookie thing is just evil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!MIC1Dined on 11/14/2014Excellent food and excellent service. The prices are on the high side, but comparable to other steakhouses of exceptional quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service for a special occasion. WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014What a treat. Felt like I was in NYC or Chicago with outstanding wait staff and impecable attention to detail. I was in town to celebrate my friends 50th birthday. Be sure to explain your special occassion on the reservation - I won't ruin the surprise as another reviewer suggested - but it was delightful. Great food and cocktails - and to top it all off - a piano player with a little twinkle in her eye but not over the top so as to distract from our celebration. Well done Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outHappyCustomerDined on 11/1/2014The staff was fantastic for our 9th Anniversary dinner. Little details made the evening perfect. I don't want to spoil the fun, so just make sure they know what your occasion is so they can make it even more special. Could be the best steak in Indy. The live piano was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I along with special friends had a wonderful meal at Prime 47. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. Will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!JwrichteDined on 11/1/2014Great food and Great Service! I usually like St. Elmo's but I am glad we decided to try Prime 47! This was our first time there and we really enjoyed it. The steak was perfect, the potatoes were great and the Cookie desert was excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Guys night outDinnerwithmysonsDined on 10/27/2014Went there to celebrate celebration of life with my sons. It was 5 years to the day that my wife and my son's mother passed away from cancer. Good food, great service and great memories.Special Features:
- ExceptionalJdubyaVIPDined on 10/25/2014The most memorable dinner my wife and I have had in years. In order of excellence 1) the ribeye was one of the best I have ever had, melted in my mouth 2) service was outstanding and 3) live piano (hardly fair to rank it third ... It was exceptional too). We will be back. Soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodHeffinDined on 10/24/2014Given the pricey menu, the food certainly did not match. Scallops were terrific, but the steaks and sides would not make my top 5 in the city.Special Features:
- Food is always great!SmartCookieDined on 10/18/2014Only our first visit to this location and the food did not disappoint. The service, however, did. Bradford may have been having an off night, but he had an attitude and appeared bored and I felt as though he thought he was doing us a favor by waiting on us. Our only other experience has been at the Carmel location where we were treated like royalty. We were not rushed like we were downtown, the ambiance is warm and friendly and the wait staff allowed us to enjoy our meals and dining experience rather than make us feel like we were just another group they needed to serve. Despite the great food, we'll keep our business in Carmel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIB2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful evening due to the attention of the staff combined with quality of food. The only item I would not recommend - based upon our experience - was the wedge salad. Overall--a definite place to go.Special Features:
- It's the nameslashDined on 10/18/2014First time there , service was very good. Typical prime steak house menu and selection. Mixed reviews from the other people in my party on how their steaks were cooked. Most were under done to their liking but over all a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicePhoodiegirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The steaks were perfect. Skip the dessert though. There was nothing special about that part of the meal.Special Features:
- Great experiencebig11texDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful service, beautiful ambiance, and incredible steak! Steak just melted in your mouth. My only wish is that the plate stayed hotter longer. I felt like I had to eat fast to keep it from getting cold. This was our first time trying Wagyu steak and it was beyond words, just amazing flavor and texture! Will be back but for a special occasion, this set a new record for us as far as a dinner tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary gemWorldtravelerDined on 10/11/2014The service was more than attentive and thoughtful, the room is historic though not evenly climate-controlled, the live pianist misunderstood his function and banged away in fortissimo (rather than providing a romantic ambience), the fish prepared perfectly, all food arrived at the right temperature and in timely fashion, gorgeous bread pudding for desert. Everything was prepared and served perfectly. To summarize: a great night, a great meal, a beautifully run and absolutely 5 star restaurant...and not overpriced.Special Features:
- whose whoDwntwnconciergeVIPDined on 10/10/2014This is my go to place. Love the food, service and ambiance. I am a local concierge and highly recommend Prime 47 to visitor to IndySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatcarmiVIPDined on 10/4/2014A wonderful experience... we were treated fantastic... the food was amazing. SERVICE EXTRAORDINARY! A great find and wonderful place to dine. Great menu variety... and fabulous portions. Loved it and we will be back again. :)Special Features:
- Pregame Sunday BrunchColtsFanDined on 9/28/2014We went to their initial Pregame Sunday Brunch. Although the food was very good, the selection and maintenance of the buffet table was poor. They had a very small plate of shrimp that would have been enough for a table of 4 to share. When that was gone, there was no refill! Next they brought out one small-medium piece of smoked salmon. It was excellent, but again, once that was gone, no refills. Most people in the restaurant did not even get a taste. Food was good, would like to think they have learned something from the first brunch, but we will not return.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatDMasonDined on 9/27/2014Went for a family birthday. The restaurant went above and beyond. They provided special menus, a special dessert, and the pianist in the corner played hapoy birthday with the desert delivery! Service was on time (wine delivered with meals on the spot) and quick. All the while the place didn't feel "stuffy" like some fancy steakhouses. An approachable place with great food and impeccable service. I would say the sides were very good but not amazing - the steak was decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerKjAminDined on 9/15/2014I had several important clients in town and chose prime47 for dinner. The service and food was great, and my clients were all impressed and very satisfied with the meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic, and the service was top-notch. However, the piano music made talking and hearing difficult for a large party. I highly recommend this restaurant for food and service.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionHappyCoupleDined on 9/12/2014We went for our 2 yr anniversary and the staff there made it incredibly special. They took our picture and gave us a framed copy, printed a message on the menu for us, and brought us a free (and absolutely amazing) desert. They were all very friendly and gave great menu advice. The food was as good as all the big name steakhouses, would just recommend saving a little room for the cookie/ice cream desert:)Special Features:
- Everything was ExcellentNapervilleSteveDined on 9/6/2014Fabulous meal. We started with the calamari & rock shrimp appetizer (outstanding). My wife had the sea bass and I had filet & lobster. We split a side of lobster Mac & cheese. Everything was excellent. It was one of the best meals I've had in quite some time. They asked if we were celebrating anything special and my wife indicated an early anniversary celebration. The hostess reappeared with a camera and asked if they could rake our picture. A few minutes later they appeared with a framed photo (complimentary) to remind us of the night. Nice touch! Ended the meal with a delicious free dessert. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!MatBusDined on 8/29/2014Great way to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Staff was knowledgable, friendly, and went above and beyond to make our night special. They even took our picture and presented us with a framed copy! Great atmosphere and great food. Thank you for a fantastic experience! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- WonderfulLive2eatDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful building, wonderful food, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemyselfVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. It was a bit noisy, but we were near enough to the piano to hear and enjoy the music. The extra charge for anchovies (2 in number) seemed a but stingy.Special Features:
- wonderful serviceleigna96Dined on 8/15/2014We received wonderful service. Our servers , along with the bus boy, were very attentive. Our food was cooked perfectly and the lobster bisque was delicious. My husband was even surprised with a birthday dessert while the piano man played happy birthday. If in Indianapolis, I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fair mealJawfxrVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was just an average meal. Not one item, short of the service, was memorable. Our servers were fantastic, seemed to always be there when we needed another drink. Food was fair, just not up to the expected level. It was, however, a great spot to people watch during the Gen Con.
- Be careful when you orderJeffVIPDined on 8/9/2014When my wife and I ordered our steaks our waiter Jeff told us they included soup and salad. He told us that it was the house salad or soup of the day. When we asked for a different soup and salad the waiter said "we can take care of that" so I assumed that meant it would be included in the cost or maybe we would have to pay the difference. When we received the bill we discovered the full price of the soup and salad was charged. The waiter apologized and said it was his fault but refused to take the charge off of our bill. The food was good but not great. The service was good but not great. The customer service was unacceptable so we will not return.
- Good for a business dinnerLinkVIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent menu and very experienced wait staff. Plate presentation of food needs a bit more work. Loved the cream corn. good caprese salad. Good for business meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Prime 47 - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- StunningNWL94Dined on 7/23/2014Absolutely tremendous service, food, and environment. Came here to celebrate an anniversary and the restaurant really made it a special night. Food was delicious and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Good food. It was laid there, so hard to have a conversation. Our reservation was at 730 and we were shocked they ran out of tuna when we tried to order. Disappointed to say the least. Had the sea bass and it was excellent. Would say it is a good place for a business dinner if you need some energy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but deliciousJorgeDined on 7/23/2014Prime 47 is a wonderful addition to the Indy downtown restaurant scene The staff are attentive but not overbearing and most accommodating. And the food is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDatenightDined on 7/19/2014Best sea bass or fish of any kind! Bread was awesome! Service and ambiance superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service.StoneyDined on 7/16/2014Staff are very friendly and attentive. Best place to eat in town - worth the cost.Special Features:
- A+++steaknite2014Dined on 7/15/2014I received excellent service at Prime 47. The food was superb and I definitely will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2014Service was poor and the place was empty on a Friday night. We went for our anniversary. The food was delicious though.
- Awesome!AllAboutServiceDined on 7/10/2014Once we got the right waiter, it was an excellent experience. The first waiter didn't seem to care that we were there, much less that we were celebrating a birthday. Once we spoke to the host, he was more than willing to find us the best waiter, Charlie! He was most attentive and took care of our every need. He was not overbearing at all, and seemed to be there when we needed him. Great experience!Special Features:
- Terrific!MPG1VIPDined on 6/27/2014Ditch the crowds at St. Elmo's and the other usual suspects and eat here. I'm a very picky eater / orderer and this place handled every request with grace and execution. I'd go back for sure.Special Features: