Prime 47 - Cincinnati
580 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Prime 47 - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cincinnati.prime47.com/
- Phone: 513-579-0720x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Patrick Stark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Prime 47 offers off-site catering arrangements. From boardroom meetings to corporate events, our team will provide you with a Prime Experience. For more information please call the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or an elaborate affair, Prime 47 is the place for a truly personalized dining experience. Relax an enjoy the ambiance of our private dining rooms, while our staff becomes your staff. Dedicated to providing the most memorable of evenings for you and your guests.
Seating Capacity: 30
Reception Capacity: 50
The Fortune Room
Seating Capacity: 60
Reception Capacity: 90
The 580 Room
Seating Capacity: 90
Reception Capacity: 125
Main Dining Room arrangements are available as well.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Engelbrecht 5135790720x
- Entertainment: Prime 47 has live music nightly.
A word from Prime 47 - Cincinnati
Prime 47 is known for its USDA Prime Steaks, exquisite cuisine, extensive wine selection and outstanding service. Relax and enjoy the ambiance, while our staff becomes your staff, dedicated to providing a truly personalized dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prime 47 - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (50)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (27)good for groups (21)scenic view (20)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DecentDJMLDined on 9/13/2014We found the food to be very good. The service was decent, but they seemed a little short staffed with the waiters/teams running around tables. The energy in the dining room was good, but it would have been nice to have some background music. The piano was very loud by the front entrance but didn't flow into the dining room well. We were both very happy with our food (soup, bread, steak & salmon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent service and meal. Great place for a special occasion. Pianist playing "Happy Birthday" as they brought out dessert with lighted candle made my night. Thank you so much Prime 47 for a wonderful experience!!!Special Features:
- best dinner in a long timebobs1Dined on 9/12/2014Went with a group of 5 and everyone absolutely loved their meals. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJPJDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely loved the place!!! The whole group which loves to fine dine plans to come back again! Great ambiance and service all around. Thank you for an excellent time.Special Features:
- lindaVIPDined on 9/12/2014While the service was good and the atmosphere was nice, the food just wasn't very enjoyable. My French Onion soup was very bland. My steak was extremely salty and stringy. The shrimp were dry and the Grouper was also very salty. The food was just not very good.Special Features:
- NOT AS GOOD ASesmsDined on 9/6/2014Appetizers, sides, and salads were terrific. Service was good but not comparable to Rubys or R. Chris. My filet was completely dry and overdone and I was shocked that a Chef would send it out. I could tell by just looking at it. I ate 1/4 of it and the server did not ask if anything was wrong with the steak. I have never written a review, but felt the need. I am calling management as well. I didn't say anything at the time so as to not ruin the evening and draw attention to a peaceful night. Will not be going back even though the apps and sides were great.
- My New SpotFoodMakesMeHappyDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely loved Prime!! The service was incredible..great place for our Ladies Night All White Labor Day Dinner. Crab cake was to die for, huge portion, glad I went with my first choice. Lactose intolerance can put a damper on dessert, but their Raspberry Sorbet was perfect! I will definitely be back, sooner than later!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSharonDined on 8/28/2014The food was incredible and the staff - Chris and Taylor were fun and know their food. Great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!KarenDined on 8/23/2014We took friends to Prime 47 last night - it was first visit for both couples - what a fabulous restaurant and experience. The inside of the restaurant was beautiful and the ambiance was also. The food was outstanding and the service by Paul and Jason was probably the best I have ever experienced. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy the company of our friends in a great setting with unbelievable food. We will definitely return and I will make sure to recommend to friends and business associates.Special Features:
- Frank Frystak-President -frog123456789Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first time at Prime 47 Cincinnati location. We were disappointed with the quality, taste of the food and value offered for the price when compared with other fine dining restaurants we go too. We fine dine several times a week and am disappointed with the experience we had at Prime 47Special Features:
- JKatDined on 8/16/2014This is a terrible restaurant. No ambiance at all. Terrible food from bread (undercooked), salad ( no taste, very little dressing on a caeser) worse steak ever (couldn't cut it, no taste) and potatoes that came with it were cold. Blueberry bread pudding dessert had no blueberries.
- Not very goodmommamiaDined on 8/16/2014I'm sorry to say but the food was not very good at all. The strip steaks were removed from our checks because they were not seasoned and very tough to cut so we could not eat them. We have dinner at several of Cincinnati's top steak houses and was very disappointed with Prime47. However the service and atmosphere were wonderful. I had such high expectations because of how we were greeted and the friendliness of the servers only to be let down by the taste and quality of our steaks.
- YummMediumRareDined on 8/15/2014I've been to almost all the steakhouses in cincy. Prime 47's filet was very comparable to Rubys, which I consider top notch. The salmon was also delicious and cooked perfectly. Portions are not outrageous. You leave feeling satisfied, but not overly stuffed. Piano player is seriously awesome. Perfect for a date night and perfect location to hit up the downtown bar scene afterward. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ExperiencePreciousDined on 8/15/2014I had heard good things about this establishment; however, I wasn't prepared for the incredible food and service. Thank you for an amazing experience. The staff was outstanding and very considerate. Thanx for a memorable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodNancyDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful white table cloth experience. Service was very good and the manager stopped at our table several times to make sure everything was fine. Filet was excellent as were the potatoes and salad. We were there for Dodowntown Cincinnati so menu was limited and portions smaller than usual. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant, Long wait timeSmoothOperatorDined on 8/13/2014The food was pretty good but not for the money that was spent. Also, the wait time took too long for our satisfaction, but the wait staff were really nice. Menu is overpriced and I would say there are other upscale restaurants that are worth the money for better quality of food.Special Features:
- 47DabrDined on 8/13/2014Excellent dining experience! The food was delicious and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting to know us....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014the waiter took the time to know our name. and addressed us all evening. the manager said our name when we left that night. it was a outstanding personal touch. the bread alone was enough for us to go back. it was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Looking for average?steakemsDined on 8/12/2014Then this is the place. Good Steak. Good drinks. Good service. Just nothing that would make you pay the same price as other steak places in town that are better restaurants. I can see this as my "oh all the Jeff Ruby places are booked" steakhouse.Special Features:
- Thanks…..It was wonderful!dineraterDined on 8/11/2014This was our initial visit to Prime 47……"Class" all the way…beautiful dining area, bar, even the restrooms…Food was exceptional and Dustin and our other server (Sorry, didn't get his name) were both excellent. Thanks to "Do Downtown Cincinnati Restaurant Week", we were able to experience a "preview" of this restaurant at a reduced price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was... ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was good, not excellent, not outstanding, but good. The service was VERY slow, but we were ok with that. Glad we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- Impeccable service!ElleDined on 8/11/2014The food and atmosphere were great. I look forward to my next trip to Prime 47. It's great to participate in Restaurant Week. We always try new restaurants and go back at other times to enjoy the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!NavywiferetiredDined on 8/9/2014We had an amazing time at our anniversary dinner. We were greeted warmly by all staff, and received customized menu reflecting out 17th anniversary. The food was outstanding and service was absolutely amazing, thank you Chris and Thomas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceasellDined on 8/8/2014Prime 47 exceeded my expectations. The service was great. Knowledgeable, friendly and fun. Wine list is exceptional. Food was great. Have to have the shrimp cocktail. Best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond PleasedCincyHiddenGemDined on 8/2/2014Hidden in the heart of Downtown Cincinnati, we dined at Prime 47 for my husband's birthday. I must say we had an amazing experience from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. The food was amazing. Our waiters, Chris and Billy, were a joy to have and very knowledgeable of the food and wine list. Chris was a steak connoisseur. Prime 47 even went the extra mile to print "Happy Birthday" on my husband's menu. We both enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We had filet mignon 8 oz steak medium rare and sesame crusted tuna rare. Both entrees were overcooked. Steak was unseasoned and tasteless. Our sides were good, mashed potatoes and asparagus, but poor presentation. This was an expensive meal and the food was only so so. We did appreciate the manager coming over to our table and asking about our meal. The restaurant is in a great location, but the quality of food did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- IncrediblemarcDined on 8/2/2014We believe this restaurant certainly rivals some of our favorites, including the Jeff Ruby locations and Jag's. Our appetizer was bursting with flavor (scallops), both of our entrees were incredible (filet Oscar and sea bass) and the chocolate dessert was heavenly. The wine selection was perfect and even the bread had incredible flavor! We were treated like royalty from the moment we entered to the time we walked out the door. Our service was outstanding. We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff really made sure we enjoyed our time there. They took a photo of us and even provided a small frame. Yes, this is fine dining with the cost. However, we walked away amazed and felt it was well worth the price.Special Features:
- fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KathyncVIPDined on 7/26/2014Several weeks after visiting for drinks, we decided to celebrate our anniversary here. We were treated like royalty, had the hostess take our picture, which she presented to us framed as a gift. Paul, our server, and Evan, the bartender provided the utmost in service. Food was amazing, which surprised us considering they are competing with several very successful steakhouses. We split the rib eye and crabcake, both of which were outstanding. The dessert of warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and hot fudge was to die for. Can't say enough good things about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed pianistcampari1809Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful pianist. Played interesting tunes from eighties and nineties. Enjoyed the surprise of his playlist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experiencetlrc61Dined on 7/25/2014AWESOME! Food was delicious, server's wine suggestions were perfect. Service teams are a fantastic concept and our servers were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDavebVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had never tried Prime 47 (although we have been to most of the other steak places in town) but decided to try it for my birthday. It was a great choice. We had a seat at the window with great people watching and an attentive and excellent server in Paul. Food was great, deep and reasonably priced wine list. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in all areasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014First time visit, went for wife's birthday and found the place to really nice. Food was excellent, particularly the crab cake and the scallops. Service was outstanding; Paul and Brittany took care of us without hovering. I have recommended it to friends and will go back.Special Features:
- Great Food, No One ThereBengalFanDined on 7/19/2014Food was wonderful. We had the proscuitto wrapped scallops as an appetizer. The bread came out after the appetizer, but it was delicious! I had the filet Oscar style and my husband has the KC strip. We agreed that my filet was the best and we got the cheddar mashed potatoes to complete the meal. Everything was so good and they even brought us a cookie/ice cream dessert since we were having a much needed date night away from the kids! I would definitely go back, but I'm not sure how long it will last because there were only about 10 tables seated in the whole restaurant while we were there (8pm on a Saturday night in the middle of the summer!)Special Features:
- Amazing FoodAdub6Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service here is unbeatable. We told the staff that we liked this place a lot better than the Jeff Rubys restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for an anniversaryDjackVIPDined on 7/17/2014Not only was the food spectacular but they came and took our picture then put it in a frame on our table. We loved it! The crab cake was the best one I have ever had. The chunks of crab were huge, and it was not a small cake like you can get at some other fine dining. We also enjoyed the meat cut presentation to show their cuts of meat they offer. We would definitely go back and will highly recommend this resturant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Reserve Menu was GreatMandVDined on 7/16/2014Special menu: one shared appetizer; we chose calamari and shrimp; plenty for two people; very tasty two entrees; we both had filet mignon; very tender; perfectly cooked two salads or soup; caesar salad was nothing special; lobster bisque was quite good one shared desert; we chose brownie with ice cream; plenty for two people; very rich, very good All this for $70; quite a deal and a good introduction to the restaurant. Excellent service from Paul and Charlie. Best thing was that even though we had the special (inexpensive) menu, we not treated like suboptimal customers (this happens elsewhere). Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014this was my second time dining with Prime.. first was better but second was good... I would go back again for sure..Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014We thought it was as good as any of the other well-established steak houses in Cincinnati. Service was excellent!! Ambiance was perfect for celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- special occasion,wife's birthdaynevergobackDined on 7/12/2014had a special menu with wife's name on it, but no one even mentioned it was her birthday. Duo of waiters seemed disjointed, one did not seem to know what the other was supposed to do. First time visit, was told waiter would bring out selection of cuts of meats, never happened. broccoline was cold, baked potato was it seemed microwaved, 8oz filet was very tender, chopped salad was good, loved the bread. ordered dessert never came until we asked why. valet service was another disaster, delivered car across the street!!!
- goodeaterVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very nice dinner. Dined before an arts event and they moved the dinner along very well so we could leave for the performance. Excellent food. excellent service by Chris and his co server. Friendly and very professional. We will return.Special Features: