1000 Washington Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63101Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prime1000.com/
- Phone: 3142411000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday thru Friday 11am - 2pm
Dinner Monday thru Saturday 5pm - 10pm
Lounge Monday thru Friday 4pm - Close
Saturday 5pm - Close
Lounge Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 4pm - 7pm
Restaurant and Lounge Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have full service catering available. We can tailor make any menu that is right for your occasion.
- Special Events: Look to our website for future wine and beer diners.
A word from Prime 1000
Prime 1000 is certainly not your traditional steakhouse. We combine the traditional steaks with eclectic entrees and seafood while dining in a very contemporary space that blends the old world aesthetics with modern design elements. The service never skips a beat blending a casual flair to fine dining and making you feel like you are at your own kitchen table. Try us, you will walk away with a new definition to the word steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Prime 1000 - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Prime 1000 reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)romantic (17)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Waiter was fantasticgpjr29Dined on 10/18/2014Server was very nice / freindly and knowledgable. offered great recommendations and very attentativeSpecial Features:
- davidj8659Dined on 10/11/2014Great experience a little noisy due to a party next to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceVisitoroutofUSVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food & good service. Nice interiors with interesting light fittings. If you like beef, there are plenty of choices. Roasted Bone Marrow is a must try with pickled vegetables with a twist on the side. Went for smoked half chicken as main course, very generous portion and was not able to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and overpriced foodNickDined on 9/19/2014Sanjaya was nice, but he ignored us once we placed our order. The busboy(?) brought us our food and then was the only person to follow up with us after that point. Sanjaya eventually did check in to see if we wanted dessert, but that boat had already sailed. I didn't want to spend anymore money at that point. The food was OK tasting, but nothing to warrant the $133 the bill was. There was no food presentation. The steak was served on a comically oversized plate by itself with just a cup of their "sauce". The salad was ridiculously small for the amount charged. We had $100 in gift cards, so the final out of pocket expenses was $46,which if I pretend that is all the meal cost, then the evening wouldn't have been a waste.
- Great servicetommyDined on 9/16/2014Had a business lunch there and got taken care of perfectly. Lunch menu very reasonably priced with a good selection. Nothing super special about the food but everyone was happy with their entrees.Special Features:
- Superb dinnercamkingVIPDined on 9/15/2014I had the bone marrow, prime strip steak with potato salad, and the pecan pie. All were superb. The bone in which the bone marrow was presented was impressive. When I first cut into the steak, I thought it was going to be dry and chewy, but it was succulent and tender. The pecan pie was a great small dessert to finish with. The water is served from wine bottles, which is a nice touch. Excellent service from Sanjeya. I've added Prime 1000 to my list of places to revisit when I'm next in St Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moencharDined on 9/11/2014This was a special occasion, and we chose a night which was light in attendance. Had a great table overlooking Washington Avenue. Mark, our waiter, was outstanding-knowledgeable and helpful. Our steaks were best ever tasted, the chocolate cake was so worthy. The fennel soup was a nice surprise. Overall, a singular experience. xSpecial Features:
- Good...Fabs66Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good...but nothing special. I've had better at other STL Restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014very disappointed in the fact that items on the menu were not available. it seemed like there was a menu change and so some of the items although on the menu were not being served and some items that were being served were not on the menu. I didn't have a choice but to have pork chop since I am not a steak person. The pork was definitely tender but the sauce was way too salty.
- Great PeoplePlace2BDined on 9/4/2014Our server had excellent product knowledge. From the wine list to draft or bottled beers, his drink recommendation complimented our entree's perfectly. NATDA convention has moved to Nashville so this restaurant will be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everlocalstlboyDined on 9/2/2014Sides were spectacular and the steaks were ds the best ever. We have had steaks at the best St. Louis has to offer many times but Prime 1000 stood above them all. They don't hover over you but the service was friendly, very professional, and the server knew everything about what his chef was preparing. No gimmicks like super hot plates. Just really high quality meat cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- JeffDined on 8/27/2014The food and drinks were very good. We had a 2007 bottle of Walton wine that was exceptional. My steak was prepared as ordered as were the appetizers.Special Features:
- STL restaurant weektess28Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great service excellent. Great décor and outside area very nice although it was raining. It was restaurant week and we choose from a prefix menu so I cannot wait to return when we have a full menu available love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8-7-14ChrisDined on 8/7/2014The service and ambience at prime 1000 were outstanding. I ordered the cowboy ribeye with the garlic butter sauce; which, was the best steak I've ever had. The ahi tuna was ehhh but what do you expect when you order seafood at a steakhouse. The muscles, salad, and loaded potatoes were also winners. Oh yeah, and don't forget to order a strawberry martini!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the meat-BjanemcgVIPDined on 8/1/2014The prime filet I ate was wonderful - like butter, I could nearly have cut it with a knife.The bread was so, so more like a one-bowl biscuit. The butter-beef fat-green onion spread with the bread was great. The Hollandaise and Cognac sauces for steaks were just so-so. The Hollandaise a bit sweet, not rich like Hollandaise.. The cognac sauce was flat, lacking. We also had the Swiss chard and carrots as sides - nothing notable about either. The service was good. The chairs seem to be somewhat old - huge dents downward. The service was very good, however we were nearly the only people there at an early hour (5:30) so hard to make a good judgement on the service, which would be better assessed when the restaurant is busy.Special Features:
- Just FairculinarykingDined on 7/30/2014Ate outside at lunch since it was a beautiful day.Had to ask for water/silverware.Salad lettuce was tired and almost warm.No grilled beef choices besides burgers except if you added to top salad.Asked what kind of beef you could add to the salad he said "steak." For a steak place they should tell you the cut..yes, we know it is "steak"..duh! No salmon that day, which was the only other thing we were interested in. The fries were old and tired. 2 fries were white and fresh and 2 were brown and soggy. Maybe it's nicer inside, but we were unimpressed.Glad we sat outside b/c inside was warm and stuffy. We were looking for upscale-lunch with beef/fish/seafood, but it is not.Food was really not much better than your average sandwich place.
- Business Lunch New PlacesMagnetTeamDined on 7/29/2014Our food and service was very very good, but for a business lunch it took much too long to get our food and check. We arrived 10 minutes earlier than our 12:30 reservation, but got seated right away. We have only good things to say about the space we got for 8 people in the front of the dining room looking out over Washington Ave. Our complaint and reason for possibly not coming back is the amount of time it took to get our food and check. Most of us ordered $10 lunch special thinking it would come out quickly and we all loved the price and selection of ten items for $10 each. That is really what brought us in. We all work downtown and like trying new places every week. We all agreed we would go back for the food, but question time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Go To For SteakHoosierFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The food was amazing and you definitely get the value for the price. We shared a 30oz bone-in-ribeye. It was perfectly cooked and I wanted another 30oz. The staff was knowledgable and friendly. Loved of our waiter, and we had a drink at the bar. The bartender was warm, friendly and knowledgable. They had this cool book behind the bar called Old Man Drinks. They let us look through it and let us ask questions. It made our experience fun. The wine and bar list was great as well. Definitely a place we will go back to when we are in St. Louis again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningwmDined on 7/23/2014Waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. The food great! We started with the charcuterie and carpaccio and both were amazing. At the waiters recommendation I got the scallops which were perfectly cooked. My son got a side of Mac and cheese with his steak which was make with a tasty smoked cheddar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Date Night SuccessGrandSpartan117Dined on 7/12/2014This place was awesome! For we each had a salad she went for the Cesar and I had the Tuscan. I would recommend the Cesar over the Tuscan as it had so much more flavor to it. For sides we had loaded mashed potato's and Mac n Cheese. These were both on par with other restraints. Now to the steak! These were the best steaks we have ever had! Both were cooked to perfection. The filet would melt in your mouth and the rib eye couldn't have been better. It was thick and juicy with the perfect temperature. For desert we had chocolate cake. It was a birthday after all! So while this place is a pricey option you get what you pay for. I was not disappointed at all. It was fantastic and I would definitely recommend this place for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime1000 falls short of reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2014Prime1000 claims its a nationally rated top steak house, but Id say its not top five in St Louis. Its not horrible. The food is fine. Its just not great and doesn't jump out at you as its price point point requires. Waiter was outstanding, and menu scope generated no complaints. Food simply fell short. If the prime filet was $20 it would be outstanding, but it fails to earn its $47 price point; The ahi tuna appetizer was bland. Our meal for 2 cost $170 not including wine (2 appetizers, 2 steaks, and 1 dessert (dessert was good, however), and simply was not good enough to generate that charge. Ambience was fine, food was more than edible, but dinner compared to an "American cuisine restaurant" meal for $80, not a high end steak house.
- The following 449 reviews are from the Prime 1000 reviews archive.
- Incredible ambiance and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014I loved the whole experience. The food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Got the Prime Filet, one of the best stakes I've had.
- Great WineRandyDined on 6/14/2014A nice place with great ambience, however quite pricey for what the menu provided.Special Features:
- Great foodKatrinaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was very good. We both had a bison filet. Meat was tender and cooked perfectly. Also had the snap peas, corn cakes, and Mac n cheese for side, all were very good. Beef fat butter served with bread was intense with flavor and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak underwhelmingPALocalVIPDined on 6/10/2014I had trouble connecting with my colleague (dining partner), and the restaurant was very accommodating. But, we finally found each other and had dinner. Neither of us is a big eater, and we split a steak (the Prime strip), and it was OK, not great as I would expect for the price. Wine was good, but very pricey, so even though we split a steak and side, the tab was steep.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good, but expensive. Not sure that it was worth the price.Special Features:
- outstandingeurekamoDined on 6/2/2014I decided to take my wife here for our 24th anniversary. I found it online and it had very few or no bad reviews. I now know why. My wife and I both agreed that this was the best filet we ever had. The sides and salads were equally as good. Service and ambience were wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!Luv2EatVIPDined on 5/31/2014Best experience in St. Louis! Make time to enjoy fine cuisine in a stylish setting. Excellent superior filet mignon...if you've never had bison steak, this is the place to indulge. Wow! Excellent seared crust, tender and lean meat, seasoned perfectly...beautiful tuna tarter, plated with delicate little melon balls and tasty pesto drops...comforting deviled eggs better than mom's...mac n cheese in bechamel sauce creamy and smooth...mushroom side went well with the meat entrees. Knowledgeable wait staff helped us select an excellent reasonably priced wine to follow our divine martinis. Well-dressed people; others sported baseball caps; after all, this is St. Louis. I say dress up and make it a special night! Dessert? Next time!Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakcaremoVIPDined on 5/24/2014My boyfriend took me to Prime 1000 for my birthday. The filets were outstanding, ceaser salad was great as were the side dishes. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandinghappyhusband2013Dined on 5/24/2014Prime 1000 has been our go to Steak house since moving to Columbia from Houston. When ever we are in St. Louis we always make sure we stop by for a great meal. Everything is freshly made and when they run out for the day, that's it....however I have only been disappointed once, on Valentine's Day and what can you say about that, ....Not Much. They graciously made up for it on our next visit. It is a great place for a romantic dinner or a relaxed dinner with friends or co workers.Special Features:
- Great EveningFiredadDined on 5/14/2014Friendly folks, great service, food was superior , would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyedKgirlDined on 5/14/2014Was in St Louis for a work convention. And was craving a really good steak. Found prime 1000 on open table. Got in a reservation and was so happy we did. The cocktails were amazing. The bone marrow and the prime filet. Was so glad I stopped in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchMarkDined on 5/14/2014Lots of good entrees, all at $10 including a drink. The french fries are just the way I like them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/9/2014My party of 6 had an amazing time eating dinner at Prime 1000. Our waiter, Sanjay, was SUPERB, one of the best waiters I have ever had. He knew the menu inside and out, and helped us make educated decisions when we were torn between a few items. The steak I had was SUPERB (Prime 8oz Filet), but I particularly have to hand it to the creamed corn. Oh man, oh man. That creamed corn. We had to order an extra side because everyone passed it around and ate it up so fast. Would absolutely dine here again!Special Features:
- Great placeSteakloverDined on 5/9/2014Great for special occasion dinning. Love the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business lunch venueMaddieDined on 5/5/2014Wanted to treat a special client to a nice business lunch--perfect setting--quiet and was able to enjoy great steaks perfectly prepared. Menu also included more traditional lunch fare. Will be back--Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014We were at your restaurant during the Ace conference. We were a table of 6 and the service was great and the food was tremendous. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicedalemDined on 4/19/2014Service was perfect but recently changed menu left me little to choose from. Grapefruit salad not very good for my tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's with the hype? Location?RNsommDined on 4/12/2014Staff was very nice, the waiter was OK, and the steak was just OK. For a $40 filet at a "steak place" I expected much better. It was cooked as ordered, but over-salted and under textured/flavored. There are much better places to get a fine peace of meat in STL. The wine list was decent, big names, big prices, but jejune. Overall my impression based on many years of dining/sommelier-ing experience=jejune.