2300 Matlock Rd.
Mansfield, TX 76063Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primemansfield.com/
- Phone: 8174052980x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11AM - 10PM
Thursday: 11AM - 11PM (7PM - 10PM Live Music)
Friday & Saturday: 11AM - 12AM (8PM - 11PM Live Music)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ricky Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: Prime has a separate banquet area with a projector and a screen that will accommodate up to 30 guests. The Grille will accommodate 65 guests and the patio can also be used for a private party and that will seat 65.
- Private Party Contact: Lesly Capote 8174872438x
- Entertainment: Live music on weekend nights in the Grille!
Friday & Saturday 8PM - 11PM
- Special Events: Chef's 4 Course Meal Paired with Wine!
A word from Prime
PRIME Grille & Patio brings an inviting sampling of Contemporary American cuisine, built on local ingredients and strong flavors, with simple elegant presentations. Our menu pays homage to the many local farmers and food craftsman, and points to what it tastes like to live and eat well in Mansfield, Texas right now. The hope is you will enjoy food here that is hearty and comfortable, and perhaps food that you have never tried before or even heard of and notice the care we take to present the true flavors of our ingredients. It is exciting for us to cook for you, pour wine, draw draft beers, and craft cocktails. At PRIME, you will find a relaxing atmosphere where you can sit and enjoy a date night with your significant other, a lunch meeting, or a night out with friends. PRIME’s Grille offers 14 different beers on tap, an impressive selection of wines, and a full bar. On most weekend nights the Grille features live music by local artists and an impressive patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Prime - Best Restaurants in Mansfield ›
Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Better than expected!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I've heard good things about Prime but had never gone until Friday 8-29. Went specifically to hear a band but was impressed with the food, service and overall atmosphere. We will be coming back without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overhyped and over pricedEXchefDined on 8/24/2014As I said in their Facebook page , I was very disappointed with the quality of food and over priced wine list . As a retired Excecutive chef and restaurateur I think I am qualify to judge the quality and presentation of food . Both were not up to par with what they try to represent and the prices they charge . Thank you for asking . G.Bahon
- Birthday DinnerMansfieldFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We went with another couple for a co-birthday dinner. Michael, our server, was great! Food was excellent and even though my ribeye was a little on the rare side, they redid it and it was perfect. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mansfield GemAMGLadyDined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed the food and the service was great! I'm excited that I can stay in Mansfield and have a great dining and entertaining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local spot!TomtomDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I couldn't have had a better experience. Great wine, beer, and liquor selection! We had the prime rib, and it was easily one of the best ones we've had in the metroplex... And it's even cheaper than places like The Keg! Great price, great service, great food, and a top-notch outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Big Parties were loud while we were trying to have a nice quite romantic dinner....big parties should be in back of restaurant, away from those who want quietness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennis2golfDined on 7/12/2014Very good steaks and chops with excellent menu optionsSpecial Features:
- Poor serviceDisappointedDinersDined on 7/11/2014Waitress was quiet and not sociable with us. For the price of the food it was poor quality of what was expected. It was our 1 year anniversary and expected better service as well. I do not intend on returning or will I be recommended anyone to dine in your establishment.
- Excellent Anniversary ChoiceDawson64VIPDined on 7/2/2014My husband happened to see Prime as he was driving down Matlock towards Board Street. When we discussed our annivesary this was the first restaurant he mentioned. The chips that they serve as you're waiting are absolutely wonderful, if I could have purchased a bag, I would have. Please try the Short Rib Mac & Cheese because it's delightful. I had the Big Plate of stuffed Checken Breast with Prosciutto (excellent). My husband had the Filet Mignon and he said the flavor of the meat was really good. Our waitress was attention and another waiter also introduced himself to let us know that they work together to provide quality service. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:
- Almost PrimeBdaygirl42Dined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed our evening at Prime. A few items were off, e.g. no water for the table, not clearing appetizer dishes before serving meal, server (different from regular/ order taking waiter) didn't know who wad being served what and we were just a party of 2. Being very picky, but if they want to be rated as high end dining this needs to be polished. Food was tasty and attractively presented. Lobster bisque too thick, just shy of pudding, but good flavor. Want to try again, especially to enjoy well appointed patio area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealKathDined on 6/19/2014My filet mignon was perfectly cooked. Loved the signature masa muffins! I appreciate the availability of healthy sides. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to Mansfield!LisaDined on 6/15/2014So glad to have a nice "non-chain" restaurant in Mansfield!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Spot!Kat7Dined on 6/14/2014If you're looking for a nice restaurant to have an anniversary dinner or you just feel like a splurge, Prime is the place to go! When I went they had live music and a pleasant atmosphere. The food was delicious and just different enough to feel fancy but not be too strange to eat (unlike some high-price restaurants). This place is perfect for anyone living in Mansfield because it delivers high quality food without being located all the way in Fort Worth or Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allaboutfoodDined on 6/11/2014We totally enjoyed The Prime. The service was awesome and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- They GOT it!PrimetimeVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great job, Prime! I've visited 7 or 8 times and this was the best. Wonderful steaks. Engaging waiter. Very attentive service! Hooray and keep it up!Special Features:
- Great food.AniversaryDined on 5/30/2014This is not the first or last time we have eaten at Prime. The meals are very good. The wine selection is limited but good quality. The atmosphere is more steakhouse than restaurant so excellent for special occasions. Our waiter was attentive without being obnoxious and took time to talk to us about the food and wine.Special Features:
- Bad service long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014This restaurant has great food and great steaks but horrible service. It shouldn't take an hour to get a steak, waiter was not attentive and only had three tables all of which were complaining. The food arrived cold which tells me my waiter was overwhelmed and that it wasn't the kitchens fault as he stated. Could be a great addition to Mansfield if the service improved.
- Uneven night at PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We went on our anniversary, and noted that in our reservation, but did not get any special recognition about it. Our server, Charles, was nice but his service was uneven. He asked us for our appetizer order as we were just opening our menus. When he came back and took our appetizer order, he asked for the menus without asking for our main course order! The food was ok, the lobster bisque too thick to be called a true bisque, the mushrooms presented poorly on the plate, the asparagus barely cooked, nearly raw. The steaks redeemed the night. My NY Strip was perfectly cooked and tender, as was my wife's filet. Charles came back and never asked if we wanted dessert, so we paid the bill and left. Not sure if we would return just for the steaks.
- horribledeniseDined on 5/11/2014They were out of food I will never go again. I have never been so upset on a Mother's day before.
- DisappointinglocaleaterDined on 5/11/2014Went here for date night awhile back and it was a superb steakhouse experience. Based on that decided to go for Mothers Day Brunch. Mistake. Brunch menu was lackluster. I've seen a better brunch menu at Ruby Tuesday. The only beef item was prime rib. How does a steak house miss an obvious steak and eggs combo for brunch? Kids ordered Mac and cheese with fruit cup off kids menu. What came out looked like some strange feticinne alfredo with a mystery meat heavy on the garlic. Not what you would expect. Kids would not eat it. The fruit cup was 4-5 small berries. Service was ok, but we had to ask for bread and napkins. Took almost an hour to get order. New menu, new chef, new management. My hamburger and my wife's omelet were good though.Special Features:
- Just OkayDaveDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is promising but underdelivers. While the food is very good and the staff is friendly, the food prep and delivery is painfully slow. We went once about 3 months after open, and gave the restaurant a pass while working out the kinks. We went a second time another 3 or 4 months later, but nothing had changed. I doubt we will go again.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Never disappointed when we dine at Prime. Great location with first class quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VVolf13Dined on 5/11/2014We went for brunch but it didn't really have a great "brunch" selection. So that was a bit disappointing but the food we did have was pretty good. The service and the drinks were great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Our meal was great. We went for brunch on Mother's Day and the food was fantastic. Enjoyed the brunch menu with something on it for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksRoninArlDined on 5/9/2014There were 6 in our group on a Friday evening. There was a live band (which was quite good) so the noise level in the bar was a little high but we had the option of sitting in the dining room, which is separate from the bar, or outdoor dining (which we selected) and it was nice. We could still hear the band but at a noise level which did not interfere with normal conversation. Service was good and the food was excellent. We will go back.Special Features:
- nice up-scale, non-chain resturantOccasionalDinerDined on 5/9/2014We've been to Prime a couple of times and have enjoyed each visit. Having their own pastry chef is awfully nice.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the Prime reviews archive.
- Great food. Service not to muchPrimetimeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fourth or fifth visit. We will continue slogging through the amazingly consistently poor service because we want a quality restaurant in Mansfield. Food is generally outstanding. Service? Amazing. Order a martini when you sit down. Maybe fifteen minutes later after asking the friendly but understaffed (his words) waiter twice it arrives. Water glasses drained. Really inexcusable, especially because this happens each visit. The owner obviously has a handle on food choice and prep. Now concentrate on your wait staff. Silver Fox is only about fifteen minutes further for us to drive.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemgreatfoodishardtofindDined on 5/3/2014A great restaurant. You can go casual or you can go fancy. There is food for either occasion. They have live entertainment on Fridays and Saturday which is bonus. I had their dinner special and what a great recommendation, not too salty, great flavor and healthy. Great selection of wines, beers and mixed cocktails. Would go for ladies night, date night, double date and even a family gathering. The patio makes for a great relaxing atmosphere with friends. I didn't think it was over priced at all.Special Features:
- Good dinner spotMoseyDined on 4/30/2014We had a pleasant evening with friends. Good service. Good food.Special Features:
- New and goodtexasjhawkDined on 4/22/2014Prime had only been open a few weeks when we visited but the staff was experienced and the food was very good. Our steaks ( a filet and a New York strip) were cooked exactly as ordered and were delicious. A house salad with one of their special dressings was equally tasty. The other sides, garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms, were good but not memorable. There is a very decent wine list with many wines available by the glass. Service was a little spotty but our server was very knowledgeable about the menu. We were there for just over an hour, never felt rushed, and the noise level was so low we could easily talk across the table without noise interference. We will go back.Special Features:
- 2014 Easter BrunchEmptyNestersDined on 4/20/2014Even though it was a limited menu on Easter, we chose Prime b/c of the close location & it wasn't booked. The service was good, the manager came around to check on us. Complimentary yeast rolls were excellent as was the coffee. We will come back to try the hamburgers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced for qualityMomdiner1Dined on 4/19/2014Not worth the price for the food half the tables food was cold & over cooked & the other half was undercooked. Doesn't seem kid friendly not even a kids menu. They seemed to sit everyone with a child In the same area. While nice for the other diners, as a parent felt like we were all quarantined in one spot. Service was ok waitress was a little condescending. Feel their are better restaurants out there that taste better for the price.Special Features:
- The food is great well perparedawesomeeatsDined on 3/29/2014The food is great well perpared and just to order priced to be understood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRoloDined on 3/27/2014While the food was not as good as other quality steakhouses in the metroplex, it was good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night at PrimeDebneDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed Prime. Really the only problem we encountered was our waiter seemed not to enthusiastic to be waiting on 2 women. Several tables around us that had come in after us where served more promptly and attended to more often than we were. Will go back unless this becomes a common problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening DinningNightoutDined on 3/21/2014Really enjoyed the dinning experience and live music by Marty Nelson The prime rib and Southwestern salad was excellent!! will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit. Food very goodPrimetimeVIPDined on 3/4/2014Second visit. Food very good both visits. Service very much improved. Still need the wait staff to have enough support to be able to spend time with customers. The Del Frisco "sassy" touch is what folks will pay for. Not just great food, but a great time. Closer than the first visit. Going back soon.Special Features:
- Great late valentines dinnerOccasionalDinerDined on 2/21/2014We were delayed by a week for our valentines dinner, and found Prime through OpenTable. We were in a smaller room with only one other party making it a quiet enjoyable dinner. The food was really good, at a price less than I would have expected! We had filet Mignon and Salmon, both were cooked perfectly, but both were a little too large for a single serving - yet smaller than an average American restaurant. They have an in-house pastry chief who made a really good creme brulee with fresh fruit and a nicely caramelized crust. I look forward to going back and exploring other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but bad food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Bad attempt at a good restaurant. Okay I was rooting for this restaurant to be good but honestly it wasn't. First I ordered the lobster bisque-it was the same as any grocery story attempt...overly pureed, I ordered prime rib -gross (and I love prime rib), spinach-not memorable , smashed potatoes-bland mashed potatoes...nothing was good or even that hot. The server was very nice and polite. She apologized several times for our entree taking 30 minutes but it didnt really help anything. I left after eating a fourth of my food and threw my left overs away as soon as I got home. Overall the experience was ok but that was because the music in the next room was great!Special Features:
- Good food, good ambienceNerpDined on 2/15/2014It was a very good meal, the wait staff was short handed and inexperienced. We will definitely give this place a thumbs up and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.