810 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pvista.com/
- Phone: 5132516467x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Prince
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Primavista offers the same excellent food and service with the same breath-taking view as our main dining room, for private parties. We pride ourselves in the fact that our Chef Chris Prince prepares dishes for 100 guests with the same care and attention as he does for two guests.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rixson or Joan 5132516467x
A word from Primavista
Primavista, named after our "Premier View", takes your breath away! Enjoy Chef Chris Prince's award-winning Italian dishes while over-looking the Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and Northern Kentucky hillside. Primavista, established in 1989, is the cozy but elegant creation of Owners Frank and Joan Lenkerd. They and Chef Chris Prince have been working together to keep Primavista "Primo" for over 18 years. Because of our long-standing reputation for excellent food and service, Primavista draws guests from all over the world. From Prom dates to 50th Anniversary parties, Proposals to Rehearsal Dinners and Business Dinners to Birthday Parties, you're sure to impress your guests at Primavista. Just 5 minutes West of downtown we're quite convenient to all areas , but please see our website for directions, promotion details, and other information. www.pvista.com 513-251-6467Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Primavista - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Primavista reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (197)special occasion (160)romantic (152)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (64)notable wine list (57)good for groups (27)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014First visit to Prima Vista Restaurant, definitely won't be the last!Special Features:
- PrimavistaJT57VIPDined on 8/20/2014Best Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. Great view as well.Special Features:
- KhartoinDined on 8/20/2014Very nice dinner. Striped Bass and chicken meals were great. Service was great. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carpdiem1Dined on 8/16/2014Have dined at Prima Vista on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. Our waiter went out of his way to get us a sample of a blueberry zucchini bread that was part of an appetizer different from the one we ordered. A great romantic dinner location.Special Features:
- Always impressiveDebbieVIPDined on 8/14/2014we love this restaurant. We took friends from out of town on our mosr recent visit. They were very impressed with the food, the service and theview. Allie was our server and has been on a number of occasions. One of the great things about Prima Vista is the consistancy of thier servers. Allie is pleasant, attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. The Prima Vista is always impressive and neber disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Cincy magazine recommended and my daughter had been wanting to try the place. Family went on her 21 st birthday. We were grossly disappointed. Food was fair at best and we had to make a special request for bread. Entrees were reasonable but add an $8-9 small dinner salad and bread...we all would rather have dined at one of the top steak houses. Portions were large but were mostly pasta with little else. None of us found eat our leftovers. What a dud on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, beautiful viewAnnaMDined on 8/12/2014The view of the city was beautiful. My boyfriend and I came for dinner for our anniversary. We had delicious Italian food, and had the city to look out at as we were eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!bravo2bubblesDined on 8/12/2014Had an absolutely wonderful dinner this week at Primavista. The food, view and service were exemplary. Everything on the menu is sensational, however, I have had a favorite menu item which is no longer featured. The staff made the delicious entree happen anyway and delivered the dish to our table. Visit this restaurant for a special evening out. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly named - PrimavistaOnthe10brinkDined on 8/10/2014Took my family here to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday and my son's 18th. Had forgotten how spectacular the view was and must say we all had a wonderful dinner and a very nice evening here. Will definitely make the trip to this area more often. We ordered a variety of entrees and they were all delicious.Special Features:
- pasta , nada1chicchefDined on 8/10/2014salad was not fresh , angel hair pasta only ok , meat balls only ok, I will go back for the view , but I will stick with a steak , fish or chicken & a vegetable , no salad . Hors devours were 50/50. Bruchetta could have been SO much more SO easily. While the service was great , awesome view , & good wine I have to say the rest of my $230.00 dinner should have honestly been $110.00 max. Prima , don't be a Donna & reach out for that potential that's at your finger tips .Special Features:
- Great Food and View - Bit NoisyDLoweDined on 8/9/2014I had the veal scaloppine special and guest had the ravioli. Both were excellent and served in the right portions. Appetizer special was also outstanding. Selected a great bottle of Red Zinfandel for a great evening. Tori worked with us to find just the right table for an anniversary dinner. Waitress was a bit inattentive at the outset, as we waited about 10 minutes to get in our drink order. Great sweeping views of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, including the "super moon" rising over the Ohio River! I would rate the experience highly. The only downside of the restaurant is that it is a bit noisy and the tables could be a bit less crowded together.Special Features:
- Great birthday dining experience.VisitorsFromCincinnatiDined on 8/9/2014Went for my fiance's birthday here for a first-time visit that certainly won't be our last. They accommodated my request for an intimate table for two with one of the best views in the house. Attentive, prompt, friendly hosting and service from the time we arrived (we were late) to the time we departed. The food is top-notch. I had the pork tenderloin, cooked to perfection... just one of those moments when your body goes weak temporarily because the food is SO GOOD. My fiance had a pasta entree, the Chicken Formaggio, which compelled an identical reaction... incredible flavor with an authentic, firm texture. Brownie ala mode w/ coffee for desert. Go at night, because the view is far more arresting with the city lit up in the dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!UpfromaboveDined on 8/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 4 year anniversary and we were both extremely pleased. Whether it be the great view, amazing food, or just overall experience it was a great decision to dine here. For being a fancy restaraunt the food is not over priced. It is one of the best restaraunts I have been too. I look forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We chose Primavista for my Mom's 70th birthday celebration. There was 7 of us. We had a table with the most amazing view. Our server, Annie, was PHENOMENAL. Actually, everyone who worked there was helpful, nice, fun, laughed with us, and incredibly efficient. All 7 of us loved the appetizers and the food. We all got different things, and nobody was disappointed. We had a great time. I would recommend it to absolutely everyone and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Disappointed 2nd Time AroundJenelleDined on 8/9/2014I visited Primavista for the first time, last year for my birthday. I was simply blown away. The food and the ambiance was amazing. I had the New Zealand Lamb chops for dinner. The meat was tender and seasoned to perfection. The portions were more than enough and fitting for the price. I had the bread pudding for desert it took my breath away. I went to Primavista last weekend for my birthday again and I was highly disappointed. The New Zealand lamb chops are no longer on the menu instead they have a lamb lion. The portions were small and the lamb didn't have any flair in taste. My bread pudding was disappointing as well. The pudding was spongy and the sauce was mediocre.Special Features:
- The Personal TouchBigGuyDined on 8/9/2014Has repeatedly proven to be a very good dining experience. Food quality, presentation quite good. Never fails that Frank, owner/manager is hands-on, and pays attention to the details.Special Features:
- Will definitely come back againYankeeFanInOHDined on 8/9/2014Amazing views of Cincinnati. Fast, attentive service. We only took an hour at the restaurant as we were headed to the Reds game afterwards, but we could have stayed longer if we wanted to. I don't know what kind of sauce I had with the chicken formaggio - some sort of lemon butter sauce - but it was DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014It was the best dinning experience and food from beginning to end that I have ever had in my 67 years. I will definitely be back, in fact we just gave our daughter money so they can experience the same outstanding meal and dining experience that my wife of 40 years and I experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drmmVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our meal started with a hot shrimp bruchetta, buttery and delicious, which my wife ordered but I got to taste. WOW! I had the Caesar Salad. The accompanying bread was superb and the giant garlic was awesome. My wife had the Veal Saltimboca which she always has when dining there because it is the best in the city. I had the penne pasta made with butter, garlic, artichokes, onions, and pancetta. I added an Italian Sausage. It was the first time I tried pasta with Italian sausage but without tomato sauce. What an eye opener. This dish allowed all the subtleties of the sausage to come through together with the other ingredients. The Chilean Sauvignon Blanc was the perfect accompaniment.We ended with coffee,and three different flavors of gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!jonnyfancyhatDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I love Primavista, so when my parents came in town we brought them there. The the atmosphere, the view, the meals, are amazing and we are on a budget so we both split an our entrees but were completely satisfied and even brought some home! Primavista never disappoints we always feel special and well taken care of there. I tell all my friends to go here for romantic dates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Food with a ViewFoodieatHeartDined on 7/27/2014Ever since visiting Italy in 2009 I have been on a continual quest to find traditional Italian food made with quality ingredients. I have had teh occasional success but generally I leave disappointed. This was not the case at Primavista. The food was EXCEPTIONAL! Their Beef Carpaccio is tender well seasoned and the Gnnochi were cooked perfectly. I could not get enough of the roasted garlic served with the bread. The building and decor are dated to say the least but don't judge the book by it's cover. Our meals were outstanding and no one at our table was disappointed. We were seated by the window so we got to take full advantage of the amazing view of the Cincinnati skyline. Save room for dessert the bread pudding it's divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST VIEW OF CINCINNATICincinnatiKidDined on 7/26/2014Always fabulous food and service. The panoramic view is not to be beaten.....seven hills, downtown, and the river:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodTeogopaDined on 7/26/2014Food was not very good. Wine was very nice, the service outstanding. Bread we got was obviously cut earlier in the day and it was warm but dried and too hard /crusty. My meal either had too much olive oil, or butter, could not say which one from the cheese taste. There is way too much cheese that that taste takes over the entire meal. My husband said same thing about his veal.He could not taste the meat from the cheese on it. Wine was very nice. Service was outstanding. There is no blend in tastes and seasoning. I ate better prepared food in some way less exquisite restaurants.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Very amazing night with a wonderful view and nice food at a affordable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Waiter cordial, food very tasty, view outstanding. A great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu ChoicesCVGJetGuyVIPDined on 7/20/2014The new summer menu at Primavista offers some great new choices and makes some of their popular "specials" into standard menu items.Special Features:
- Excellent Gluten Free ServiceStormyDined on 7/19/2014The service was beyond extraordinary. They were extremely careful and knowledgeable concerning my husband's gluten free requirements due to Celiac Disease. This means a lot to me as a wife. The gluten free options were diverse and numerous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MrodDined on 7/19/2014The view was breathtaking giving an incredibly new look at Cincinnati for my sister and I. It was her birthday and she really enjoyed her self!! The food and the service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic, over the top dinnerDougDDined on 7/17/2014This is a great place to have a fabulous dinner, with an unbelievable view of the entire downtown Cincinnati, and fabulous service throughout your time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noname1VIPDined on 7/15/2014We were dining with another couple, from the East coast - he declared that the Veal Marsala was the best that he has ever tasted. All of our meals (all veal) were excellent! The views are stunning (whenever you dine there).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Being a life long Cincinnatian, I do not know how I missed this restraunt over the years. Great food / great atmosphere / great service / appropriate prices. Will dine here again - well worth it!Special Features:
- Beautiful views and food.MrsgibsonDined on 7/12/2014We made reservations for 6, got there a bit early and were seated right away on a Saturday night. We got a pleasant window seat facing the entirety of downtown Cincinnati and received fast, caring service. The employees were on point. Never wanted for a thing while dining there. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible and Unique!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Primavista was excellent along all avenues. Gorgeous view and even more amazing and unique cuisine. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JFK2Dined on 7/11/2014The view is breathtaking, and everyone is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningDianaDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed our evening at the Prima Vista and the service was wonderful and the food fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent, the size was appropriate and it was nice that they recognized our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judyDined on 7/5/2014The is a really wonderful restaurant with an amazing view of the city. They make every effort to accommodate special requests.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as AlwaysJanythDined on 7/3/2014I took my 20-year-old Florida grandson there for dinner -- he enjoyed it as much as I. Our waiter Anthony was so willing to answer questions about the menu, the city (view) and anything else my grandson wanted to know. The evening was very pleasureable for both of us... which is why I will continue to take all my out-of-town guests there. I admit that occasionally I even go for an evening of excellent dining at Primavista by myself... a special treat.Special Features:
- My favorite Cincinnati restraurant!HydeParkDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful!! On the occasion of a friend's recent wedding anniversary, his wife commented that her dinner at The Prima Vista that evening might have just been the finest meal that she had ever had..... My friend then commented the next morning that he might have just had the finest anniversary that he ever had!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!IluvfoodDined on 6/28/2014Went here for my anniversary and I was not disappointed. Great view! Great food, definitely worth the price. Great service and very friendly staff. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.