810 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pvista.com/
- Phone: (513) 251-6467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Prince
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Primavista offers the same excellent food and service with the same breath-taking view as our main dining room, for private parties. We pride ourselves in the fact that our Chef Chris Prince prepares dishes for 100 guests with the same care and attention as he does for two guests.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rixson or Joan 5132516467x
A word from Primavista
Primavista, named after our "Premier View", takes your breath away! Enjoy Chef Chris Prince's award-winning Italian dishes while over-looking the Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and Northern Kentucky hillside. Primavista, established in 1989, is the cozy but elegant creation of Owners Frank and Joan Lenkerd. They and Chef Chris Prince have been working together to keep Primavista "Primo" for over 18 years. Because of our long-standing reputation for excellent food and service, Primavista draws guests from all over the world. From Prom dates to 50th Anniversary parties, Proposals to Rehearsal Dinners and Business Dinners to Birthday Parties, you're sure to impress your guests at Primavista. Just 5 minutes West of downtown we're quite convenient to all areas , but please see our website for directions, promotion details, and other information. www.pvista.com 513-251-6467Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Primavista - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Primavista reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (197)romantic (160)special occasion (155)fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (64)notable wine list (40)good for groups (37)late-night find (22)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Wonderful food, perfect service, a bit noisyMichaelRDined on 11/14/2014What an amazing restaurant! From the moment we were taken aback by what everyone raves about: the view. The inside of the restaurant is nice, although some of the decoration is a bit dated it quickly fades into the backdrop when you are mesmerized by the city. Our cocktails came very quickly and were top notch. Our appetizer was also quick to follow, and was thoroughly enjoyed. We were there during what was most likely the busiest time of the evening and our entrees took a little longer than expected to come. No matter, the attention and dedication of the serving and support staff took all the pain out of what was probably about fifteen minutes longer on our food than expected. I should note that I drink a lot of water so I do not hold staff to the ridiculous standard it normally requires to keep my glass full. Here, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Their incredible serving staff made sure I was never going thirsty; this is a feat that few restaurants have ever managed. Our entrees were fantastic and the veal was some of the best prepared I have ever had. Definitely worth the wait. My girlfriend's ravioli was excellent. After this we ordered desserts that were also great. I would definitely like to make special mention of our server, Trisha, for her attention to detail and commitment to service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014everything we expected and so much more the only drawback was noise level which was due to closeness of tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDaveDined on 11/14/2014Primavista just never disappoints. Meal was phenomenal. Service was fantastic. This is truly our "go to" restaurant for any occasion..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightMichaellynnDined on 11/13/2014We chose Primavista from the Internet on the way to Cincinnati from Dayton looking for a new special place. We found it! The view was spectacular, the restaurant and wait staff, warm and inviting and the food, delicious! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014We took my daughter, who was visiting from Seattle, to the Prima Vista on Sunday evening. The view was spectacular, the service impeccable and the food was delicious. We all enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Having been to the bar a few times for habitual good bar tending (great drinks and great service), we decided to try the dining room. We arrived early intending on having a drink and we were able to be seated 45 minutes prior to our reservation. The view, service, drinks, and food were outstanding. It made my wife's birthday dinner most enjoyable. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for the viewbb9100Dined on 11/8/2014We were meeting old friends for dinner and wanted something outside our normal. I have heard the view from here was great so I chose Primavista. The view did not disappoint, but the food was outstanding and the black and white martini's were just the icing on the cake. Our friends arrived early and sat in the bar and really enjoyed it. We were greeted with a friendly hostess and had a great server as well- we never had an empty glass. We all had a different type of entre- Salmon, beef, chicken, and veal...we were all impressed. We went for the view, but will be back for the food.Special Features:
- Great food with a great viewwinelvrDined on 11/8/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant for years and it doesn't fail:) We always love the veal marsala, but everyone loved their food. Just a lovely evening:)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014One of our favorite places, and we will keep coming back. Always great food and service.Special Features:
- Awesome!YummersinmytummersDined on 11/8/2014My husband got the special, Veal Scalopine, and I got the risotto with various mushrooms. We had the gelato sampler for dessert. We had the spinach raviolis for an appetizer. The appetizer and dessert was very small for what you paid, but the entrees were huge and I had enough to take home and eat the next evening for dinner. Salads were awesome! Every thing was yummy, service was the best ever including better than any Jeff Ruby's owned restaurant we have been to. And the VIEW! THE VIEW! T H E V I E W!!!! Need I say more! If you are wanting to impress, this is the place! Especially if you love Italian and city lights!Special Features:
- Romantic night outItaliangemDined on 11/7/2014Scenic view, very romantic. Very good service. Excellent pasta. Definitely we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic evening with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful evening at Primavista. Very romantic atmosphere and an AWESOME view of the city of Cincinnati. I will definitely be recommending Primavista to all of my family and friends!!!Special Features:
- Prima VistaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Prima Vista is THE best place to dine in Cincinnati. Between the food, the service and the view it is a wonderful experience, one that I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great for showing outsiders view!HomebodyDined on 11/1/2014I have always loved Primavista--the view is spectacular and the food is very good. It is a West side gem. We always love going there. Everything is great there! The only thing a little under is the food, which is great, but not five star. I had a sure thing in the chicken, but sometimes the food may fall under what you expect when you consider the ambience and unbelieveably good service. Please go and decide for yourself though! It is one of my favorite places and when I order I know what will be spectacular so I'm never disappointed.Special Features:
- What a ViewMark5555VIPDined on 10/31/2014Primavista overlooks the Cincinnati skyline providing an unparalleled view. Service is elegant and impeccable. The food is rich and tasty. This is not a restaurant pioneering new styles of cuisine. It is an older-style of Italian restaurant that still serves well for special occasions.Special Features:
- Our all-time favorite restaurant.JerryGDined on 10/31/2014Every dining experience at PV has been outstanding. The service, the food, the view, the ambience, We went there for our first date and I proposed to her there a year later and we go back every anniversary and many occasions between. Tomorrow we are celebrating our 13th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, good, fairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014great - view/service, good - food, fair - prices (pretty high for the quality of food). You're paying for the view though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCg24Dined on 10/28/2014Amazing view perfect date spot food was great service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014The view is beautiful, but the food is only so so. I order Paella, taste is not bad, but too salty. My wife's pasta is also only so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place to CelebratenojaggededgeshereVIPDined on 10/26/2014We celebrated a significant birthday for a member of our party. The food, drink, and service were excellent which is why we celebrate significant events at Primavista.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BabsDined on 10/26/2014Wonderful, as always! Prima Vista is our fave special occasion restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencetolarDined on 10/25/2014Very nice atmosphere, great service, excellent food and a wonderful view. I would definitely recommend Primavista to anyone looking for a fine dining experience and a wonderful evening. On our particular visit we had three children with us and they were very accommodating as to their menu selection. The veal marsala and the arugula salad were prepared to perfection and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - easy on the balsamicChicagoDiner07VIPDined on 10/24/2014PVista is always good and consistent. FYI, there is construction going on at the bottom and top of the hill, so leave some extra time to navigate up and also to park if you are not interested in valet parking. There were two little quips about service; (1) kitchen should only be serving hot, fresh pasta (unless guest asks otherwise) and (2) please, go easy on the balsamic glaze on the brussel sprouts. The kitchen prepared fresh pasta to fix (1) and (2) was not fixed.Special Features:
- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Great. View of the city. Had to valet park and not a great location other than view. The food selection was pretty good the quality of the food was above average but not great for the price. I would recommend if you've never been because the view is very good but it is not just thought I would frequently target to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and BeautifulohfoodDined on 10/22/2014Food was good. View was spectacular. Service was exceptional. Good for a special occasion or romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentSmileon15Dined on 10/21/2014With a white table cloth, candle lit, scenic dining I expected a wow experience and it was very mediocre. The service wasn't attentive and the food was bland. For $100 meal for 2 people I shouldn't be leaving with a bad experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencefoodie48572Dined on 10/18/2014I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, he had the best smoked salmon he's ever had and I had the ravioli that was traditional but delicious! Great atmosphere, view, and service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!newbieDined on 10/18/2014The food is top-notch and the view can't be beat. I have been here many times and it has been an excellent experience every time. All of the staff are very friendly, and the wait staff works very hard to make sure that you enjoy your visit.Special Features:
- Great View!LoveGoodEatsDined on 10/18/2014Visited on Sweetest Day, was our first time at Primavista, Service was VERY good, View was Fantastic and Food was Very good. I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- sweetest daygoebs2Dined on 10/18/2014My husband, his mom and I had dinner on sweetest day at the restaurant. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellentNardDined on 10/18/2014My 88 year old aunt loved it. It was a rememberable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRoundyDined on 10/12/2014We have never been disappointed at the Prima Vista. The filet mignon is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeshDined on 10/11/2014WONDERFUL FOOD, SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL AMBIANCE. The restaurant was a bit loud but that was the only issue. I would recommend again.Special Features:
- CjCjHandleyDined on 10/11/2014Went with the wife early Saturday evening for a belated birthday dinner. Worth the drive.Special Features:
- More Than A ViewFoodMonkeyDined on 10/10/2014The food and the service are always outstanding. We go to PV every year for our anniversary.Special Features:
- AwesomeJoeADined on 10/9/2014I have been to Prima Vista many time and have always had great food and great service. This place is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was PerfectJO39Dined on 10/7/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Primavista earlier this week. The view of Cincinnati from the restaurant was beautiful as night fell over the city with a full moon rising in the eastern sky. It had been a long time since we had dined there, in fact, it was the Sovereign the last time we had been there. The service was excellent, and our meals were exquisite. We found the atmosphere to be quite comfortable, and overall enjoyed a quiet, pleasant evening celebrating our first 25 years together.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I have never had a bad meal at Primavista.The service and attention to detail is outstanding.Special Features:
- Still #1HighestVIPDined on 10/3/2014When my daughter asked me, "if you could go out to eat anywhere you wanted, where would you go?" My answer without hesitation "Prima Vista". This week had steak for the first time, EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Great choice for couplesJAYLOVDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding food, wine, service and view. Some tables were noisy because the floor to ceiling glass reflects. Not a great dinner choice for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.