810 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pvista.com/
- Phone: 5132516467x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Prince
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Primavista offers the same excellent food and service with the same breath-taking view as our main dining room, for private parties. We pride ourselves in the fact that our Chef Chris Prince prepares dishes for 100 guests with the same care and attention as he does for two guests.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rixson or Joan 5132516467x
A word from Primavista
Primavista, named after our "Premier View", takes your breath away! Enjoy Chef Chris Prince's award-winning Italian dishes while over-looking the Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and Northern Kentucky hillside. Primavista, established in 1989, is the cozy but elegant creation of Owners Frank and Joan Lenkerd. They and Chef Chris Prince have been working together to keep Primavista "Primo" for over 18 years. Because of our long-standing reputation for excellent food and service, Primavista draws guests from all over the world. From Prom dates to 50th Anniversary parties, Proposals to Rehearsal Dinners and Business Dinners to Birthday Parties, you're sure to impress your guests at Primavista. Just 5 minutes West of downtown we're quite convenient to all areas , but please see our website for directions, promotion details, and other information. www.pvista.com 513-251-6467Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Primavista - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Primavista reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (192)special occasion (159)romantic (152)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (55)good for groups (25)late-night find (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The Best View in TownEmmaDined on 9/18/2014Took an out of town guest to dinner and the view was everything I'd hoped for. And my veal piccata (the daily special) was fantastic, with lemon basil sorbetto for dessert - perfect meal.Special Features:
- Great view, great food, a bit datedJamieDined on 9/14/2014The place was romantic, the food and service was great. We watched the sunset over my boyfriend's 40th birthday. The only complaint I have is that the decor could use a bit of updating. It seems like the decor is set for a bit of an older crowd. I think with just some freshening up, they could really appeal to a wider crowd looking for a special occasion dining location.Special Features:
- Great viewJtrooVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner on a Saturday night. Got there a little after sunset but watching the city change at dark was still beautiful. The cocktails were delicious (and strong). We started with the ravioli appetizer. It needed some salt but the gorgonzola cheese balanced it out some. The gnocchi side and the fish special (striped bass) with crab was better. We had the tiramisu for dessert which was good although I think my fiance likes other versions more. The service was great although it took a while for the entree to come out. Overall it was a nice night out!
- Wonderful ExperienceMrObjectiveDined on 9/13/2014Primavista was a wonderful experience. I was very pleased with the food quality, service, and the overall experience. Best of all, the menu was very reasonably priced. I had the risotto, and added a meatball and Italian sausage. The risotto was some of the best I've had, perhaps the best. Meatball and Italian sausage will definitely be ordered next time. My date had the shrimp scampi, and it was perfect. Could not have asked for a better prepared dish. In all honesty, I was somewhat concerned after reading a couple reviews on a different food review site. After my experience at Primavista, these reviews must have been from perennial complainers. I have high expectations, and Primavista exceeded them all. Returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If not for the view...KYDinerGuyDined on 9/13/2014If not for the beautiful view, this would just be an average restaurant that only locals would frequent. The food is good and the service was attentive, but the decor is from the 1980s. The menu could also stand to be updated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotMrsMintyFreshDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came for our wedding anniversary. The staff remembered and brought us a special dessert at the end. Nice touch!Special Features:
- YUMMMYDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal! Food is always great... very consistent. Andrew our server was excellent. Looking forward to our next dining adventure at Primavista! And the owner/mgr. always stops by to check that our food and service was great. A nice touch...and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View and the Food!JudiDined on 9/9/2014Prima Vista is always our choice for a quiet evening out or a special celebration. The food is prepared so well with fresh ingredients and creative presentation. The view of downtown and the river is the best in the city. The Incline District is adding to the revitalization of East Price Hill and Prima Vista is the heart of it all!Special Features:
- Always greatLizzyAustenDined on 8/30/2014Great view, great food and great service. Even the owner walks the floor to ensure you are having a great experience.Special Features:
- The Best Romantic SpotleonratingsDined on 8/29/2014This was by far the best place I have ever been from the scenic view to the amazing food and presentation of the dish, it was like eating a piece of artwork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our only hope is that the new construction very near Primavista doesn't adversely affect the parking and use of this great gem in Price Hill and our city. It is truly one of Cincinnati's finest restaurants operated by a dedicated and caring couple and family!Special Features:
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014You will never be disappointed in the food or friendly service at the Primavista. One of our all time favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!CiceroDined on 8/24/2014First visit to Prima Vista Restaurant, definitely won't be the last!Special Features:
- AKWBDined on 8/23/2014It's one of the Queen City's top 10! Such a gem! You'll never be disappointed. A Cincy nativeSpecial Features:
- PrimavistaJT57VIPDined on 8/20/2014Best Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. Great view as well.Special Features:
- KhartoinDined on 8/20/2014Very nice dinner. Striped Bass and chicken meals were great. Service was great. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carpdiem1Dined on 8/16/2014Have dined at Prima Vista on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed. Our waiter went out of his way to get us a sample of a blueberry zucchini bread that was part of an appetizer different from the one we ordered. A great romantic dinner location.Special Features:
- Always impressiveDebbieVIPDined on 8/14/2014we love this restaurant. We took friends from out of town on our mosr recent visit. They were very impressed with the food, the service and theview. Allie was our server and has been on a number of occasions. One of the great things about Prima Vista is the consistancy of thier servers. Allie is pleasant, attentive and very knowledgable about the menu. The Prima Vista is always impressive and neber disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Cincy magazine recommended and my daughter had been wanting to try the place. Family went on her 21 st birthday. We were grossly disappointed. Food was fair at best and we had to make a special request for bread. Entrees were reasonable but add an $8-9 small dinner salad and bread...we all would rather have dined at one of the top steak houses. Portions were large but were mostly pasta with little else. None of us found eat our leftovers. What a dud on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, beautiful viewAnnaMDined on 8/12/2014The view of the city was beautiful. My boyfriend and I came for dinner for our anniversary. We had delicious Italian food, and had the city to look out at as we were eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!bravo2bubblesDined on 8/12/2014Had an absolutely wonderful dinner this week at Primavista. The food, view and service were exemplary. Everything on the menu is sensational, however, I have had a favorite menu item which is no longer featured. The staff made the delicious entree happen anyway and delivered the dish to our table. Visit this restaurant for a special evening out. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly named - PrimavistaOnthe10brinkDined on 8/10/2014Took my family here to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday and my son's 18th. Had forgotten how spectacular the view was and must say we all had a wonderful dinner and a very nice evening here. Will definitely make the trip to this area more often. We ordered a variety of entrees and they were all delicious.Special Features:
- pasta , nada1chicchefDined on 8/10/2014salad was not fresh , angel hair pasta only ok , meat balls only ok, I will go back for the view , but I will stick with a steak , fish or chicken & a vegetable , no salad . Hors devours were 50/50. Bruchetta could have been SO much more SO easily. While the service was great , awesome view , & good wine I have to say the rest of my $230.00 dinner should have honestly been $110.00 max. Prima , don't be a Donna & reach out for that potential that's at your finger tips .Special Features:
- Great Food and View - Bit NoisyDLoweDined on 8/9/2014I had the veal scaloppine special and guest had the ravioli. Both were excellent and served in the right portions. Appetizer special was also outstanding. Selected a great bottle of Red Zinfandel for a great evening. Tori worked with us to find just the right table for an anniversary dinner. Waitress was a bit inattentive at the outset, as we waited about 10 minutes to get in our drink order. Great sweeping views of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, including the "super moon" rising over the Ohio River! I would rate the experience highly. The only downside of the restaurant is that it is a bit noisy and the tables could be a bit less crowded together.Special Features:
- Great birthday dining experience.VisitorsFromCincinnatiDined on 8/9/2014Went for my fiance's birthday here for a first-time visit that certainly won't be our last. They accommodated my request for an intimate table for two with one of the best views in the house. Attentive, prompt, friendly hosting and service from the time we arrived (we were late) to the time we departed. The food is top-notch. I had the pork tenderloin, cooked to perfection... just one of those moments when your body goes weak temporarily because the food is SO GOOD. My fiance had a pasta entree, the Chicken Formaggio, which compelled an identical reaction... incredible flavor with an authentic, firm texture. Brownie ala mode w/ coffee for desert. Go at night, because the view is far more arresting with the city lit up in the dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Place!UpfromaboveDined on 8/9/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 4 year anniversary and we were both extremely pleased. Whether it be the great view, amazing food, or just overall experience it was a great decision to dine here. For being a fancy restaraunt the food is not over priced. It is one of the best restaraunts I have been too. I look forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We chose Primavista for my Mom's 70th birthday celebration. There was 7 of us. We had a table with the most amazing view. Our server, Annie, was PHENOMENAL. Actually, everyone who worked there was helpful, nice, fun, laughed with us, and incredibly efficient. All 7 of us loved the appetizers and the food. We all got different things, and nobody was disappointed. We had a great time. I would recommend it to absolutely everyone and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Disappointed 2nd Time AroundJenelleDined on 8/9/2014I visited Primavista for the first time, last year for my birthday. I was simply blown away. The food and the ambiance was amazing. I had the New Zealand Lamb chops for dinner. The meat was tender and seasoned to perfection. The portions were more than enough and fitting for the price. I had the bread pudding for desert it took my breath away. I went to Primavista last weekend for my birthday again and I was highly disappointed. The New Zealand lamb chops are no longer on the menu instead they have a lamb lion. The portions were small and the lamb didn't have any flair in taste. My bread pudding was disappointing as well. The pudding was spongy and the sauce was mediocre.Special Features:
- The Personal TouchBigGuyDined on 8/9/2014Has repeatedly proven to be a very good dining experience. Food quality, presentation quite good. Never fails that Frank, owner/manager is hands-on, and pays attention to the details.Special Features:
- Will definitely come back againYankeeFanInOHDined on 8/9/2014Amazing views of Cincinnati. Fast, attentive service. We only took an hour at the restaurant as we were headed to the Reds game afterwards, but we could have stayed longer if we wanted to. I don't know what kind of sauce I had with the chicken formaggio - some sort of lemon butter sauce - but it was DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PitcherDined on 8/6/2014We came for our anniversary and it was the best one yet! Crab cake was wonderful and great start to striped bass entrée. The veal with truffle oil was amazing. Bread pudding here is my wife's favorite dessert and the sorbet is light and refreshing. We love this restaurant and always come here for our special nights to watch the city go dark and light back up while having one of the best meals you will ever enjoy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014It was the best dinning experience and food from beginning to end that I have ever had in my 67 years. I will definitely be back, in fact we just gave our daughter money so they can experience the same outstanding meal and dining experience that my wife of 40 years and I experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drmmVIPDined on 7/31/2014Our meal started with a hot shrimp bruchetta, buttery and delicious, which my wife ordered but I got to taste. WOW! I had the Caesar Salad. The accompanying bread was superb and the giant garlic was awesome. My wife had the Veal Saltimboca which she always has when dining there because it is the best in the city. I had the penne pasta made with butter, garlic, artichokes, onions, and pancetta. I added an Italian Sausage. It was the first time I tried pasta with Italian sausage but without tomato sauce. What an eye opener. This dish allowed all the subtleties of the sausage to come through together with the other ingredients. The Chilean Sauvignon Blanc was the perfect accompaniment.We ended with coffee,and three different flavors of gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!jonnyfancyhatDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I love Primavista, so when my parents came in town we brought them there. The the atmosphere, the view, the meals, are amazing and we are on a budget so we both split an our entrees but were completely satisfied and even brought some home! Primavista never disappoints we always feel special and well taken care of there. I tell all my friends to go here for romantic dates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Food with a ViewFoodieatHeartDined on 7/27/2014Ever since visiting Italy in 2009 I have been on a continual quest to find traditional Italian food made with quality ingredients. I have had teh occasional success but generally I leave disappointed. This was not the case at Primavista. The food was EXCEPTIONAL! Their Beef Carpaccio is tender well seasoned and the Gnnochi were cooked perfectly. I could not get enough of the roasted garlic served with the bread. The building and decor are dated to say the least but don't judge the book by it's cover. Our meals were outstanding and no one at our table was disappointed. We were seated by the window so we got to take full advantage of the amazing view of the Cincinnati skyline. Save room for dessert the bread pudding it's divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST VIEW OF CINCINNATICincinnatiKidDined on 7/26/2014Always fabulous food and service. The panoramic view is not to be beaten.....seven hills, downtown, and the river:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodTeogopaDined on 7/26/2014Food was not very good. Wine was very nice, the service outstanding. Bread we got was obviously cut earlier in the day and it was warm but dried and too hard /crusty. My meal either had too much olive oil, or butter, could not say which one from the cheese taste. There is way too much cheese that that taste takes over the entire meal. My husband said same thing about his veal.He could not taste the meat from the cheese on it. Wine was very nice. Service was outstanding. There is no blend in tastes and seasoning. I ate better prepared food in some way less exquisite restaurants.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Very amazing night with a wonderful view and nice food at a affordable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Waiter cordial, food very tasty, view outstanding. A great first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu ChoicesCVGJetGuyVIPDined on 7/20/2014The new summer menu at Primavista offers some great new choices and makes some of their popular "specials" into standard menu items.Special Features: