810 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pvista.com/
- Phone: 5132516467x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Prince
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Primavista offers the same excellent food and service with the same breath-taking view as our main dining room, for private parties. We pride ourselves in the fact that our Chef Chris Prince prepares dishes for 100 guests with the same care and attention as he does for two guests.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rixson or Joan 5132516467x
A word from Primavista
Primavista, named after our "Premier View", takes your breath away! Enjoy Chef Chris Prince's award-winning Italian dishes while over-looking the Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and Northern Kentucky hillside. Primavista, established in 1989, is the cozy but elegant creation of Owners Frank and Joan Lenkerd. They and Chef Chris Prince have been working together to keep Primavista "Primo" for over 18 years. Because of our long-standing reputation for excellent food and service, Primavista draws guests from all over the world. From Prom dates to 50th Anniversary parties, Proposals to Rehearsal Dinners and Business Dinners to Birthday Parties, you're sure to impress your guests at Primavista. Just 5 minutes West of downtown we're quite convenient to all areas , but please see our website for directions, promotion details, and other information. www.pvista.com 513-251-6467Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Primavista - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Primavista reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (194)romantic (156)special occasion (153)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (42)good for groups (33)hot spot (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Amazing view perfect date spot food was great service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014The view is beautiful, but the food is only so so. I order Paella, taste is not bad, but too salty. My wife's pasta is also only so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place to CelebratenojaggededgeshereVIPDined on 10/26/2014We celebrated a significant birthday for a member of our party. The food, drink, and service were excellent which is why we celebrate significant events at Primavista.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Wonderful, as always! Prima Vista is our fave special occasion restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Very nice atmosphere, great service, excellent food and a wonderful view. I would definitely recommend Primavista to anyone looking for a fine dining experience and a wonderful evening. On our particular visit we had three children with us and they were very accommodating as to their menu selection. The veal marsala and the arugula salad were prepared to perfection and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Great. View of the city. Had to valet park and not a great location other than view. The food selection was pretty good the quality of the food was above average but not great for the price. I would recommend if you've never been because the view is very good but it is not just thought I would frequently target to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and BeautifulohfoodDined on 10/22/2014Food was good. View was spectacular. Service was exceptional. Good for a special occasion or romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentSmileon15Dined on 10/21/2014With a white table cloth, candle lit, scenic dining I expected a wow experience and it was very mediocre. The service wasn't attentive and the food was bland. For $100 meal for 2 people I shouldn't be leaving with a bad experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencefoodie48572Dined on 10/18/2014I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, he had the best smoked salmon he's ever had and I had the ravioli that was traditional but delicious! Great atmosphere, view, and service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!newbieDined on 10/18/2014The food is top-notch and the view can't be beat. I have been here many times and it has been an excellent experience every time. All of the staff are very friendly, and the wait staff works very hard to make sure that you enjoy your visit.Special Features:
- Great View!LoveGoodEatsDined on 10/18/2014Visited on Sweetest Day, was our first time at Primavista, Service was VERY good, View was Fantastic and Food was Very good. I would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- sweetest daygoebs2Dined on 10/18/2014My husband, his mom and I had dinner on sweetest day at the restaurant. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellentNardDined on 10/18/2014My 88 year old aunt loved it. It was a rememberable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRoundyDined on 10/12/2014We have never been disappointed at the Prima Vista. The filet mignon is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeshDined on 10/11/2014WONDERFUL FOOD, SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL AMBIANCE. The restaurant was a bit loud but that was the only issue. I would recommend again.Special Features:
- CjCjHandleyDined on 10/11/2014Went with the wife early Saturday evening for a belated birthday dinner. Worth the drive.Special Features:
- More Than A ViewFoodMonkeyDined on 10/10/2014The food and the service are always outstanding. We go to PV every year for our anniversary.Special Features:
- AwesomeJoeADined on 10/9/2014I have been to Prima Vista many time and have always had great food and great service. This place is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was PerfectJO39Dined on 10/7/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Primavista earlier this week. The view of Cincinnati from the restaurant was beautiful as night fell over the city with a full moon rising in the eastern sky. It had been a long time since we had dined there, in fact, it was the Sovereign the last time we had been there. The service was excellent, and our meals were exquisite. We found the atmosphere to be quite comfortable, and overall enjoyed a quiet, pleasant evening celebrating our first 25 years together.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I have never had a bad meal at Primavista.The service and attention to detail is outstanding.Special Features:
- Still #1HighestDined on 10/3/2014When my daughter asked me, "if you could go out to eat anywhere you wanted, where would you go?" My answer without hesitation "Prima Vista". This week had steak for the first time, EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Great choice for couplesJAYLOVDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding food, wine, service and view. Some tables were noisy because the floor to ceiling glass reflects. Not a great dinner choice for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticEKimlickDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our 3 year anniversary and it was the perfect place! It was so romantic and beautiful and the view was breathtaking. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a lovely evening at Primavista. Our server was terrific, food was delicious, and fireworks after the Reds game were a nice bonus! Primavista is one of our favorite Cincinnati restaurants for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Special nightRedFellaDined on 9/26/2014I took my fiancée here for dinner as part of her birthday in the city. It was beautiful and the service was wonderful. The food was scrumptious! The only issue was with other patrons. Most of them seemed snooty. My fiancée and I were just enjoying a special evening and they probably eat there five times a week. Overall excellent experience. 5 stars on their shrimp scampi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiemanVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a delightful evening with excellent food and drinks but the view was spectacular including the fireworks from downtown. Look forward to the messy construction being completed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Extremely pleased. Food great, our questions about a dish were explained completely. Did not have to ask "What did you just say?" (has always been pet peeve to me at eating establishments) Wife and I admired our Hostess, Annie. Wonderful person and hostess. Made us feel so at ease. Mentioned, through casual conversation, that it was our Anniversary, and was surprised when our Hostess gave us small bowl of ice cream, with whipped cream, a cherry, (wife got the cherry) and a candle, with 2 spoons for us to share our ice cream. Such a nice, thoughtful, and unexpected, touch. We will certainly return and pass our experience on to our friends. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and diningCandM8Dined on 9/25/2014As their claim says the food, the view. All aspects were wonderful: The garlic spread and whole roasted cloves with fresh bread. The mussels appetizer, the filet with crab, the veal scalopine special with shell fish sauce. The wine down Thursday special pricing on bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian Dining with a View!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014Primavista is a wonderful experience for those seeking a true Italian dining experience. The food is well-priced, but very tasty and authentic. The service is top notch and the ambiance is relaxed. The experience is topped off with an amazing view of downtown Cincinnati. Definitely a must-see!Special Features:
- PerfectFuzzyDined on 9/20/2014Best restaurant we have ever been to and we have traveled the U.S. and Europe.Special Features:
- FrequentdinerDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but favorite encrusted salmon dish no longer on menu. Bummer. Parking is a mess with construction. Valet only option.Special Features:
- viewaliceVIPDined on 9/19/2014The view is so amazing it makes up for everything!Special Features:
- A disappointing experienceLuvnewfoodDined on 9/19/2014Disappointed by our experience. The decor is outdated, the tables are uncomfortably close and the food was not good for the prices. The lamb was dry and underwhelming. The risotto was more like a rice side dish and the shrimp on it was way over cooked. The only benefit to the experience was the view. That was beautiful!Special Features:
- The Best View in TownEmmaDined on 9/18/2014Took an out of town guest to dinner and the view was everything I'd hoped for. And my veal piccata (the daily special) was fantastic, with lemon basil sorbetto for dessert - perfect meal.Special Features:
- Great view, great food, a bit datedJamieDined on 9/14/2014The place was romantic, the food and service was great. We watched the sunset over my boyfriend's 40th birthday. The only complaint I have is that the decor could use a bit of updating. It seems like the decor is set for a bit of an older crowd. I think with just some freshening up, they could really appeal to a wider crowd looking for a special occasion dining location.Special Features:
- Great viewJtrooVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had dinner on a Saturday night. Got there a little after sunset but watching the city change at dark was still beautiful. The cocktails were delicious (and strong). We started with the ravioli appetizer. It needed some salt but the gorgonzola cheese balanced it out some. The gnocchi side and the fish special (striped bass) with crab was better. We had the tiramisu for dessert which was good although I think my fiance likes other versions more. The service was great although it took a while for the entree to come out. Overall it was a nice night out!
- Wonderful ExperienceMrObjectiveDined on 9/13/2014Primavista was a wonderful experience. I was very pleased with the food quality, service, and the overall experience. Best of all, the menu was very reasonably priced. I had the risotto, and added a meatball and Italian sausage. The risotto was some of the best I've had, perhaps the best. Meatball and Italian sausage will definitely be ordered next time. My date had the shrimp scampi, and it was perfect. Could not have asked for a better prepared dish. In all honesty, I was somewhat concerned after reading a couple reviews on a different food review site. After my experience at Primavista, these reviews must have been from perennial complainers. I have high expectations, and Primavista exceeded them all. Returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If not for the view...KYDinerGuyDined on 9/13/2014If not for the beautiful view, this would just be an average restaurant that only locals would frequent. The food is good and the service was attentive, but the decor is from the 1980s. The menu could also stand to be updated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary SpotMrsMintyFreshDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I came for our wedding anniversary. The staff remembered and brought us a special dessert at the end. Nice touch!Special Features:
- YUMMMYDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful meal! Food is always great... very consistent. Andrew our server was excellent. Looking forward to our next dining adventure at Primavista! And the owner/mgr. always stops by to check that our food and service was great. A nice touch...and much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.