932 Orange Ave.
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Primavera Ristorante- Coronado
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.primavera1st.com/
- Phone: 6194350454
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Pepe Vega
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
Chef Pepe Vega, has been preparing exquisite meals for nearly 20 years and has achieved world renowned success with his house specialty, Osso Buco. Don't miss this opportunity to experience the finest in Italian food.
The Primavera Ristorante has been awarded "Best Italian Food" in San Diego by the world famous "ZagatSurvey" restaurant guide.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Lobster Risotto, crab stuffed sea bass, and stuffed mushrooms were off the hook! Beautiful intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014Have eaten at Primavera many times, and the food experience has always been wonderful. In fact, several months ago we took a few of my golf-nut buddies and their wives to the restaurant, and everyone raved about it. One of them recently asked if he could visit us again, and when I asked about which courses we should play, his response was "screw the golf, I just want to eat at Primavera again!" That pretty much says it all.Special Features:
- 2DinningDined on 8/22/2014Excellent restaurant. The food was great and the service outstanding. We were very satisfied with the entire experience.Special Features:
- Excellent in Every WayFoodlover1VIPDined on 8/22/2014We dine here often, always a nice greeting from Joey. Food and service are always wonderful in a classy setting. Excellent Italian dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I will definitely return and give my highest recommendation to anyone. The filet was incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurant!HughVIPDined on 8/21/2014Been walking by this place for two years. Finally stopped in with two friends. Terrific osso buco, veal chop and a halibut special. Gracious, professional servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeANorthernItalianDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary there. The food was excellent and the service was as well. The restaurant is small, so the noise level was somewhat elevated. We had the Insalate Caprese and the Insalate DI Spinaci to start. We split the Lombata Alla Griglia and finished with the best Tiramisu we have ever had! We will be back to try additional menu items! ( We would go again tonight if we were still in Coronado and not at our home in Glendora!)Special Features:
- A bit Disappointing this TimewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have boasted about this being the best Italian restaurant in the past. Unfortunately, this visit was disappointing. The atmosphere is romantic, classy. Staff is polished, service is quite good. Our appetizers, roasted peppers and stuffed mushrooms, were delicious. The wine menu has excellent, well-priced selections. The gnocchi was very good. Unfortunately, the cannelloni was dry and flavorLESS. The cannelloni tasted like it had been refrigerated way too long! The chef should have never allowed this to be served. I did not send it back because then I my spouse was already enjoying dinner. The tiramisu is excellent, light. As noted at a previous visit, cannoli's are not very good here. Just say NO to cannoli's and cannelloni!!
- visitorgoodfoodDined on 8/13/2014Had a wonderful meal and good service. I'd go back again!Special Features:
- BearlikeDined on 8/12/2014Very good food, professional service, on the pricey side. Needs to have more wines by the glass that cost below $11.Special Features:
- Nice eveningHappyVIPDined on 8/12/2014I thought the service and food were excellent a bit pricey but a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a great placetucsonDined on 8/10/2014Every thing & everybody were just great. the monk Fish was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th anniversary25andhappyDined on 8/5/2014Celebrated 25 anniversary with my wife having dinner at Primavera. The service and attention by Juan was excellent. The Antipasti included stuffed Mushrooms and Calamari in a tomatoe sauce which were excellent. We split a Cesar's salad that was crisp with an excelent dressing. for dinner I had a Fetucini Adriatico in a "white" sauce with shrimp and scallops, delicious. My wife had a filet of halibut which unfortunately was a little overcooked and dry, but could be eaten. We had a chianti from the wine list which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedSatisfiedDined on 8/2/2014Primavera is one of our favorite restaurants. The ambiance, service and food are reliably very good. My last visit I ordered Halibut medium and it was well done. An unusual mistake. All the other dishes were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- foodloverDined on 7/31/2014The Osso Buco is the best we have ever had. It is better than Milan, Italy. This restaurant is truly fine dining at its best. It is consistently good every time we have eaten there. It is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great food service was averageSteveDined on 7/24/2014I have been here before and food is always good. This time service was just ok and not crowded. It seemed like there were lots of employees and only a few were helping with service. Easy fix.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!FirstTimerDined on 7/23/2014Pros: tremendous service and amazing food makes this a must if you're looking for a great meal in Coronado. Cons: small restaurant creates awkward seating arrangements. It can also get pretty noisy if there is a loud group anywhere on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceCameronKDined on 7/22/2014I've spent a ton of time in Coronado but hadn't yet been to Primavera, not sure why. Anyhow, everything was great starting with the delcious warm bread. For dinner, I had the calimari and the short ribs, both big time thumbs up. My date had the gnocchi. Also delicious. The service was about the best I've ever had. Probably the best date spot on the island.Special Features:
- Delicious menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014With all our Italian restaurant choices (we've tried many here) we decided to come to Primavera for a birthday dinner. We were not disappointed. Loved the menu, so many choices had trouble deciding! Food was delicious and the quality was outstanding. The service was excellent. We were comfortable and the time passed smoothly. We won't have trouble next time deciding which italian restaurant to go to. Only thing missing is a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014The entrees were excellent and the service was good if a little sluggish. My Caesar salad was not anything special (no anchovies and I wasn't offered any), so that was disappointing for an Italian restaurant. The wine is grossly overpriced. I expect to pay twice the retail price in a restaurant, but the wine here was 3-5 times what I pay in the store.Special Features:
- Old ReliableHowcrabDined on 7/13/2014Always good - food is great and service professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Not inexpensive but always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonSharDined on 7/8/2014The food was delicious! Had the grilled seafood dish which had three nice sized shrimp and a good portion of swordfish. The tiramisu was a melt in your mouth yummy dessert. The waiters were attentive. The restaurant atmosphere is quietly elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent small restaurantFabulousDined on 7/5/2014Some of the best veal I've had in a while. Service was great and friendly. Will definitely go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Elegant RestaurantmerebruinDined on 6/3/2014Dining at Primavera is an elegant experience due to the refined atmosphere with carefully prepared food and professional service. Everyone in the restaurant works to make this Italian food especially memorable.Special Features:
- Primavera is always greatmyfavsDined on 5/31/2014We have been enjoying Primavera Ristorante ever since moving back to Coronado in 1985. We try other restaurants all the time, but always when a special occasion arises, Primavera is our go-to restaurant of choice. It never, ever disappoints us. Juan, our waiter, was supurb. The veal and salmon dishes we had were outstanding. Primavera Ristorante is always a "10" in our opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Lived the great service and amazing food! Had a great time with friends! Planing our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014We'd never been to Primavera before and enjoyed it very much. Good food, good wine, and excellent service. It is more formal than most restaurants in Coronado in something of a traditional Italian way. But the staff is very attentive and respectful, and it was a delightful meal. Highly recommended.
- Don't come here....ever....PickybeerandfoodguyDined on 5/30/2014If you would still like to visit your favorite restaurants I strongly recommend you stay away from this place. Once you come here nothing else will do! Absolutely spectacular. The food is borderline celestial, the service is unparalleled and the ambiance is whatever you want it to be. For the wife and me it was awesome.Special Features:
- Never disappointsJohnVIPDined on 5/30/2014We'd be considered regulars here. Most often we enjoy the happy hour fare at the bar with Kyle or Brandon. Steak crostini, mushroom caps, etc. But this evening with a special fiend we had a full dinner. Hot rolls always a hit.Special Features:
- A little too pretentiousBozemanericDined on 5/30/2014The food was good. The prices were fair. It did seem just a little too pretentious for my personal taste. I have been too much nicer, and more expensive, restaurants that were 10 times more friendly. The busboys seem to care more about us then our waiter. The osso bucco was excellent. The tiramisu was one of the better that I have ever had. If they acted like they actually wanted us there, I probably would've given it five stars. The bar is loud and not closed off.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & ServiceFoodMDDined on 5/27/2014We took our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grand-daughters to Prima Vera for dinner after a school event. We had been there several times before with our 1 grand-daughter but it was new to everyone else. They are all still talking about how wonderful the food was and what fantastic service we received. Our waiter Omar H was the best! He was very attentive and had a great sense of humor. Everything form drinks to appetizers to the main course and desert was perfect. The menu is extensive with something for everyone. Omar didn't skip a beat when our one picky eater decided that she wanted mac and cheese. It was not on the menu but was not a problem. She loved it. Our only fear is that now this will be the only mac and cheese that she wants!Special Features:
- Loud Crowd but good foodMjbeachDined on 5/24/2014The food was good and the service was excellent. A large group (approx 8 but sounded like 20) was so loud, primarily laughing non stop, that we could not hear each other. This went on for all but about 15 minutes at the end of our dinner. Possibly someone with the restaurant should have settled them down. For the price of a meal, it was a little too loud for the size of the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2014Always the best! Food, service, ambiance! Our favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014Or an outstanding was my wife's birthday and as we have always (for the past 25 years) rely Primavera was our favorite restaurant, we chose it and as USIAl we were both extremely happy with our experience. the staff Couldn't have bee more friendly and don 't know how many of the waiters stopped by our table to wish her a Happy B'day. The service, food, drinks, a special dessert were all outstanding. Can hardly wait til our next special occasion to arrive to see you all again. thank you for another outstanding evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet ExcellenceladyontheroadDined on 5/16/2014Great food, wine, service. Very nicely decorated but closed in..no outside views. Otherwise a perfect place for a fine meal in a setting where you can talk and hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in CoronadoDennisfromTexasDined on 5/13/2014The food and service was fantastic. It was our first time to Primavera but it won't be the last. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience here. The staff treated us really well, and made my husband feel special for his birthday. The food was delicious. We would definitely come again on our next trip to Coronado!Special Features:
- So Nice To Hear Ourselves TalkJamesDined on 5/10/2014The 2008 Brunello was wonderful We sat side by side so we could hold hands. The minestrone was just so-so but the rest of the food was great. Service was attentive but this is not a fast food joint. Even so, it took less time than most cruise ship dining rooms. And the quieter ambiance made it all very enjoyable.Special Features:
- PrimaveraOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2014We have eaten here many times. The food is always sensational and the atmosphere very elegant. However, this time the service was slow. I minor glitch that will not deter us from returning.Special Features:
- Vivo PrimaveraEandLsearchingDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant never fails to satisfy: The food, the service, the atmosphere are all fantastic. My wife and I always make Primavera part of our visits to Coronado, Island. I have certain dietary restrictions, and the chef always prepares my meals with that in mind, but never sacrifices qualty or taste. This is also one of very few restaurants in San Diego where the loud music does'nt over power the fine food. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Primavera Ristorante- Coronado reviews archive.