Primavera Restaurant - Florida
830 East Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Primavera Restaurant - Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primaveraflorida.com/
- Phone: (954) 564-6363
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (October to May) (Closed on Monday June to September) Can open for Lunch for private parties.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomo Dresseno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Primavera Restaurant is available for Charities, Special Events, Parties and Banquets Special Menus can be planned to suit your Needs. The entire Restaurant may be reserved for private functions. Thank you, for considering Chef Giacomo’s Primavera Restaurant for your banquet needs. Primavera Restaurant established and operating at the same location since 1985, centrally located and with ample free parking, we offer an elegant establishment, with professional service and award winning Italian cuisine, an award winning wine list. With very affordable prices. We also offer: In house slide projector, overhead projector and large projection screen. Wireless microphone system
- Entertainment: Group Cooking Classes are available upon request. ALL COOKING CLASSES ARE PRICED AT $40 (Inclusive) PER PERSON, PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF RECIPES YOU WILL BE SERVED A LIGHT MEAL COMPOSED OF THE PREPARED ITEM WITH THE TWO FEATURED WINES BREAD, BUTTER, COFFEE (SODA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST). ALL CLASSES ARE APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS LONG
- Special Events: Banquets menu available from $20 (All inclusive pricing)
A word from Primavera Restaurant - Florida
Established in 1985, Giacomo the executive Chef from 1991 teamed with his wife Melody and acquired ownership of Primavera Restaurant with a goal of maintaining Primavera Restaurant as one of South Florida’s finest dining establishments. Giacomo creates an intriguing combination of old and new world dishes. The Northern Italian cuisine at Primavera is influenced with a style that blends the traditional dishes with a creative twist. The menu at Primavera offers a dining experience that is unique and innovative. Well described Italian dishes are supplemented daily with specialty items. Antipasto trays, homemade pastas, and desserts, combined with a very romantic and confortable setting, attentive service, and an impressive wine list are the trademarks of Primavera that keep patrons returning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primavera Restaurant - Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- It's a Shame!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant looks old and tired. The food is only fair. The wait staff is actually good and very attentive.
- Poor serviceStayaway1Dined on 8/23/2014Walter never ofered drinks until food came to our table. We requested lemon and he gave attitude .not friendly at all.very laud when introduce the special of the night. bad humor .bringing hot bread to our table and not offering water still was very poor service. There was only another table in the entire restaurant. 1 hour later 4 other tables were occupied . Same faces among them. We could tell they were unhappy. I will never return and I don't recommend. This is the first time I complain about a restaurant service. The food was delicious.the place is located in a abandoned mall.dirty floor with banch covered with mildew at entrance way . Moldy floor leading you to the front door. Landscape dead Drive by and see it for yourself.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Primavera Restaurant - Florida reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We always have a delicious meal there, custom made to suit our dietary requirements. The service is excellent. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimaveraKayniumDined on 5/24/2014I'm not much of a pasta-lover, but I was pleasantly surprised. My family and I had a lovely evening. The eggplant parmesan was amazing, and so were the desserts. We would come again for sure.Special Features:
- 5 STAR Gnocchi w/Ch Sc FROM SCRATCH5STARDined on 5/1/20145 STAR Gnocchi with cheese sauce ... The whole dish ... MADE FROM SCRATCH Osso Bucco - high qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GoodUnhappyDined on 4/26/2014I have been to Primavera many times before and as always the food is wonderful. The only thing not so wonderful this time was our waiter. He had no personality and he made us feel he was doing us a favor.Special Features:
- so sadbklynmanDined on 4/25/2014I ate here about 2 1/2 years ago and was happy with the quality and taste of the food, so when an old friend was in town I took her there this past Friday night. I was very disappointed and embarrassed. Linguine and clams (white sauce) had no flavor at all. Escargot Provencale ( their spelling) was straight out of the can, no shells, in a small plain dish in some strange watered down sauce (not the way it should taste or be presented) as if the cook didn't have a clue. It's a shame when a place goes so downhill like this.
- As good as ever.RonnySDined on 4/10/2014It's been around for over 25 years, so people tend to ignore it. Don't. We went back after 20 years and the food is as good as anywhere. We've been back 2x more since. The service is very professional as well. Price/value will keep us going back. And the noise level is level so you can even talk to and hear the others in your party. And no, I'm not a relative of the owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014this restaurant is a hidden gem....Great food at reasonable prices. I have tried many of the dishes on the menu and have never had a bad meal and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Wine at $7 a glass and great food.PwrshiftVIPDined on 3/4/2014Can't get over wonderful Italian red wines for $7 a glass along with great northern Italian cooking. Two can eat good here, and cheap. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- the food is incredible, serviceopfoodieDined on 2/24/2014the food is incredible, service attentive yet not overbearing. Decor is outdated and there was a an unpleasant scent in the dining room the night we went with a dehunidifer next to the unmanned hostess stand. I enjoy this tucked away spot that has been around for many years.Special Features:
- Menu good variety. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014Menu good variety. Delicious and nicely prepared. Great cosmosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food - fair pricesPwrshiftVIPDined on 2/20/2014Dinner for 2 came to $85 and was excellent. I didn't like the grumpy waiter trying to sell us a $45 bottle of wine as soon as we sat down. We ordered by the glass...reasonable at $7.25 ea...and I love a place that serves true Italian wines. Lobster Crab Bisque was excellent starter for $10. I have to say my Veal Piccata was the best I've ever had...$23. My guest felt her Chicken Parmigiana was wonderful...$20. Cannot complain about the prices or the quality of food. We'll go back for sure as I now think this is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been at. Don't miss it. Locals love it. Not too fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primavera slipping?JodyDined on 2/15/2014We've had many memorable meals through the years at Primvera. The last few months, it appears their attention to detail (forgetting part of order, not refilling beverages timely, etc.) has been slipping. Some nights they've had a large function in the party room, but wouldn't you bring extra help in to accomodate? Prices have raised slightly, but service has dropped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable neighborhood restaurantGahighlanderDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant offers attentive service and very good food that is a reasonable value in a strip mall location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best kept secret in Broward CountykorpeurDined on 2/14/2014Primavera has excellent quality food but lacks the full package because of their sub-par service. If you want a quaint, quiet, rustic, intimate authentic Italian dining experience, this restaurant will fill that need. I recommend the place as one you attend with just your spouse rather than as a family dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip this placerivasdadDined on 2/9/201420 years ago this was a Fort Lauderdale hot spot. Now it's forgettable in every aspect. Mediocre food and poor service in a uninteresting decor. This place misses on all marks.
- Just ok.....PMB7Dined on 2/1/2014We went to the restaurant as I have a friend who really likes it. I was not impressed. It was a Saturday night and it was not very crowded. That being said, it took 5 minutes to get greeted, 5 minutes to get our drink, finally had to ask the waiter to take our order...when we got our appetizer (a caprese salad) it only had 2 pieces of tomato and 2 pieces of mozzarella. We both looked at each other and were surprised at how small it was. Our dinner took longer than really should have, considering they were not that busy...my food was good, my dinner partner said his was just ok (butternut squash ravioli). He said the flavor was sort of boring..he expected better (as he has had this at other places). Hate to say it, probably would not go back
- Primavera is CONSISTENTLY EXCELLENT1DivaVIPDined on 2/1/2014I have dined at Primavera several times in the past few weeks. EACH time, the FOOD, the SERVICE and the AMBIANCE made our experience EXCEPTIONAL. This is a hidden gem in a very ORDINARY looking strip mall. Once inside the restaurant, the diner experiences a SHARP contrast to the outside appearance. Don't judge this "BOOK"-- by its cover. Primavera is a first class restaurant. Our waiter, Gelton, again, treated us very well. He was accommodating and friendly--which enhanced our dining experience. Primavera is a MARVELOUS restaurant, with nice sized portions, that are reasonably priced. And, we used a charitydine dining DISCOUNT voucher-- which made our dinner even MORE reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion/Romantic dinnerVictoriaDined on 1/31/2014Went with a friend for dinner and was a very pleasant experience. The waiter was terrific, the menu was very diversified. They have everything for all types of eaters. The entire experience was terrific and I look forward to the new location which the waiter expressed would be taking place very soon. The current one is off the beaten track so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very old lookingNapaloveswineVIPDined on 1/25/2014First of all I want to say that the food was good. However, with that being said, the service was just ok. There are a lot of good Italian restaurants out there, and for the price, I would not return
- Very disappointing.DanielPVIPDined on 1/25/2014Everything was ok. Just ok. I found the waiter to be slightly better than inattentive. The food was average. I expected more than average so it was disappointing.
- Sevice had a lot to be desired.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/24/2014Sevice had a lot to be desired. Waiter had an attitude. Food was jusy OK. Will not go back.
- Primavera is EXCEPTIONAL!!1DivaVIPDined on 1/16/2014We had a WONDERFUL dinner at Primavera. The ambiance is elegant and serene. Our waiter, Gelton, was exceedingly gracious and attentive. The food was EXCELLENT. We started with their excellent bruschetta, served warm, and tasting delicious. Try their Veal Parmagiana on the bone. It is served in a big portion and tasted DIVINE! Their Minestrone soup is noteworthy. We each had one of their delicious salads. They were chock full of veggies and artistically presented. I had their chocolate nougat cake for dessert. It was sinfully delicious. The wine they serve by the glass is quite good. We had a very ENJOYABLE dinner and at reasonable prices for such SUPERB quality. Primavera is an up-scale restaurant that should NOT BE missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primavera8palateDined on 1/10/2014Dated, depressing decor,bad odor upon entering. Food mediocre. No accommodations made for simple request. Inattentive, slow service. No smiles from host or wait staff. Will never return.
- Great experiencePhotoOpVIPDined on 1/7/2014Good food, good service, and quiet, Iiesurely meal. Recommend for an unhurried dining experience.Special Features:
- Good fare in Times SquarefaginVIPDined on 12/24/2013We selected this restaurant through open table based on location (close to a show we were attending), availability (we needed early seating to finish before the 8 pm show), and our enjoyment of French food. We were a bit disturbed when we saw that it was attached to an economy hotel, when we saw that the place was quite large and noisy, and when we were seated next to a family with a small child. It all worked out well, however. The child was well behaved, the food was good, and the server was there when we needed him, despite being very busy. Not the spot for a quiet, romantic gourmet dining, but this place serves good French fare at a reasonable (for NYC) price at a convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/19/2013Had dinner a few nights ago .. my mom has several food allergies, and the waiter and the kitchen were both very attentive and accommodating. We both has fish ... delicious! Reasonable wine list, highly recommend it....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy when we were there--staffPhillipDined on 11/9/2013Very busy when we were there--staff overwhelmed but it was an unusal nite for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVED Primavera!!1DivaVIPDined on 11/7/2013It was our first visit, and we got HOOKED. The food, service and ambiance were exceptional. This is a hidden gem. I loved their veal chop parmagiana . My dinner companion had their chicken paillard. The appetizers were delicious. Their wine, sold by the glass, was noteworthy. Their prices were reasonable. It was a wonderful surprise We will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprisecsa4Dined on 10/27/2013Overall great experience Went for dine out lauderdale and there were so many choices for each course plus drinks! The only disappointing part for me was the apple dessert Thought it was a little dry and could have been sweeter Other than that everything was outstanding ! Wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great Italian!fredDined on 10/12/2013My wife and I dined at Primavera Restaurant on East Oakland Pk Blvd. last Saturday night. We choose this place since they are participating in the " Dine Out Fort Lauderdale" event with 30 some other restaurants. The three course meal also included a bottle of house wine. All this for $35 per person! We both ordered a veal chop main entrée; excellent. The meat was juicy and tender and the side dish of grilled vegetables was wonderful. My starter, mushroom strudel was tasty but there was no strudel! The mushrooms and sauce were spooned over Italian bread. My wife's starter, seafood brochette was great. And, the tiramisu dessert was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Fort Lauderdale GemRichGVIPDined on 10/4/2013Spectacular starters & the main dishes are to die for! The lamb & the pasta was fantastic. Highly reccomend this place... My wife & I will be going back again & again & again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemFoodieVIPDined on 8/25/2013This restaurant has been in business 29 years as it is very goodSpecial Features:
- Better Inside than it AppearsIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 7/20/2013Living just about a mile away from Primavera, I probably passed by it hundreds of times having no idea it was there. Had it not been for a Restaurant.com certificate, I would have never found it. The setting is in a non-descriptive shopping center surrounded by commercial businesses. The inside of the restaurant however is quite attractive, with a number of varied sized rooms separated by Italian-themed decor. Appetizer salads were good, especially the tomato mozzarella salad. Entrees were standard casual Italian, not the best or worst, but certainly fairly prepared for the price. Service was supported by a team of individuals. Overall, it was better than the exterior location would imply, and certainly worth a future visit.Special Features:
- Consistently greatgrtscottDined on 6/19/2013Every time we have been there we have been completely satisfied in every category. Their recent deals have been an added inducement, but it would be hard to get more appealing than their food. The menu items are excellent, but their specials are often real gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining establishmentRodneyVIPDined on 6/9/2013Primavera is a delightful restaurant and the food is the very best. If you haven't tried it you should. The Veal dishes are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and excellentRodneyVIPDined on 4/25/2013Excellent food and excellent service. If you haven't tried this delightful restaurant you should it has some of the best veal dishes in FLL.Special Features:
- Went there for Dining OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013Went there for Dining Out for Life because they were giving the most to charity. Considering all the promotion for the charity I was surprised at how quite it was. Good food. Good service.
- Soup was amazing but my mainJJ66VIPDined on 4/3/2013Soup was amazing but my main was poor. The waiter saved the experience by offering a substitute, which was excellent. Not an ideal scenario, but it could have been worse.