Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
Prime RibPrice: $30 and under
Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/primarily-prime-rib.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
Away from the hustle and bustle of the casino on the mezzanine is South Point's Primarily Prime Rib. Catering to hearty appetites, the menu features four flavorful prime rib cuts, dry aged to ensure tenderness, seasoned and slowly roasted. Other dishes aim to please all palates, including comfort foods like chicken and dumplings and sophisticated creations such as sesame crusted sea bass. Sip on a signature cocktail, sit back and relax as your favorite prime rib cut is prepared to your liking by our culinary staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (44)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (29)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not as good as it has beenhoboVIPDined on 9/11/2014Been going to this restaurant since the casino opened and have always enjoyed it. This time something has changed. They raised the price and cut down on the serving size and quality. Dessert was not as good as well. We will probably try this restaurant again but not right away. They didn't have their act together seating people when they opened at 5:00 PM. Used to take reservations first then people that just showed up. Seems to be new people serving as hostess and manager. Our waiter Shaun did an excellent job, however!
- A must do when in VegasDaleDined on 9/7/2014We come to Vegas at least once a year and always make it a point to get to the Point (South Point) that is. We love the Prime Rib at Primarily Prime Rib. Thank you for the Great food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!loglineDined on 9/6/2014Hard to find, (on the 2nd floor) but great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibMusselsVIPDined on 8/31/2014If you enjoy good prime rib then this is the place to go for the best deal in Vegas. The beef is tender, flavorful and cuts are generous. A salad and potatoes are included at the bargain prices. The atmosphere of the restaurant is elegant and not crowded. Truly my favorite place for prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melts in your mouthCharvegasDined on 8/31/2014The prime rib was amazing! So flavorful and so tender! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime ribouttodineDined on 8/30/2014While there are several that do prime beef. I wanted to go blackened did not care for there way of cooking it ,they quickly removed it from the tableSpecial Features:
- Always good food.daisyDined on 8/29/2014I have been several times and will go again. Don't order house vodka. Had to have my martini replaced with brand name vodka.Special Features:
- Great food and valueHoosierGal112Dined on 8/24/2014We went for the 2014 Restaurant Week meal which was outstanding. The choices were designed to appeal to those who love prime rib as well as those preferring either a fish or chicken entree. Salads and baked potatoes are dressed at the table. Wonderful desserts. After looking at the regular menu, we'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeds442Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner at Primarely Prime Rib. Food was cooked perfect. Our server Joseph was great. Gave us just enough attention during our meal. Made recommendations from the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Foodluv2eatbigDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was great and the service and the food were excellent , the prime rib I had was prefect and the service again was wonderful, I will be back to eat there in the future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primarily Prime RibCathyYCADined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant. We are not even big prime rib people but it is so delicious here, we have been a few times and will continue to do so. The service is stellar, the food is excellent. The meat is done absolutely correctly according to the request. It is a relatively quiet restaurant. The service is fast so if you don't want to linger, you don't have to but. BUT... if you do wish to linger, the atmosphere is is perfect.Special Features:
- SuperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Just a great place. Eat at Primarily Prime twice a month or more. Have taken friends from out of town and has become a schedule stop for them. Hidden Gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been an old cowVegasSmittyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had the Cowboy cut Prime rib, definitely not Prime, tough to cut or chew. Wife had a steak, we brought it home for the dog, also very tough. Next time we'll go downstairs for good steal at Silverado Steakhouse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When my husband and I go out for dinner we always pick your place. Very good food what ever are choice is and the help are very plesant. (That's when we can afford to go out to dinner) I say about 3 times a year we go there wouldn't go any where else. Best service in townSpecial Features:
- always good!!redhott22VIPDined on 8/16/2014I eat here all the time and it's always good!! They just added an appetizer that was so delish! The veggie flatbread!!! The only con I have is the dessert menu. They need to add creme Brule or something equivalent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 62nd. Wedding AnnivrsaryDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014We chose your restaurant to celebrate our Anniversary as we've always had a good experience and good food there. We invited friends to accompany us that were celebrating her retirement as well. We had told them how good the food was and felt bad afterwards. My prime rib was more than half big pieces of fat and her crusted chicken was dry and her husbands halibut, which was the special was dry and only had a couple of bites of crab on top. We took our daughter and granddaughter from N.J. there for dinner a year ago and every time she visits we have to go there at least twice, she raves about the food. I'm hoping it was just a bad night in the kitchen. I will definitely come again to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our guide recommended this as "the" place for prime rib. Unfortunately it was on par with Black Angus. The prime rib was not particularly tender nor flavorful. It was a fair price for a good meal but certainly not "the best in town" quality I was expecting for a place which specializes in Prime Rib.
- Last visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our server was boring. He didn't make any conversation, just took the order. We brought our 4 year old son. He's food came out last and it was steaming hot so we had to wait until it cooled off. Our prime rib was swimming in the Au Jus sauce. Sauteed mushrooms was very dry. This is a place where you can go for a quick bite and don't have to dress up. I live in Las Vegas so I won't be coming back nor recommending this place.Special Features:
- PhilJackDined on 8/13/2014We eat here at least once a month. Always good service, great food and very nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!89052localDined on 8/10/2014I went to Primarily Prime Rib for my anniversary dinner. Service was amazing and food was good. Very reasonable in price to.Special Features:
- Great place to take out of townersSkeeedaddyDined on 8/9/2014Great service with the feel of old Las Vegas. Service is great but I was a little disappointed in the prime rib. Not a bargain but in line with other prime rib dinner houses. When they first opened prime rib was a real bargain but as time go's by the prices have creeped up to about average. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid & ReliablemajetcDined on 8/8/2014As usual, the food was excellent and the service was great. Kudos to Ammiel and Jennifer for making our dining experience wonderful.
- Always VisitGmotherDined on 8/2/2014Every time we are in Las Vegas my husband and I eat at Primarily Prime Rib. We have never had a bad meal there. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore the HostessmajetcDined on 8/2/2014Been to Primarily Prime Rib many times (over 8). Always great food and excellent service; however, this time, the Hostess (Vanya) was rude and condescending. We showed up at 5:53 for a 5:45 reservation; yes, 8 minutes late. The Hostess sneered at us (3 adults in Business casual dress and an infant) and said "Well, you're late ... it's 6:00.". Most restaurants hold a reservation for 15 minutes; we were well within those 15 minutes. We were seated at 6:05. We were 8 minutes late; but, we waited 12 minutes to be seated! The rude Hostess prevented a 5 star rating. The waitstaff, Anna & Robert, were excellent; and, as usual, the food was excellent! If it wasn't for Vanya's rudeness, it would have been a 5 star rating.
- Again, a wonderful mealImjustsayinDined on 7/27/2014Don't miss the opportunity to dine at Primarily Prime Rib, whether you are a local or just visiting Las Vegas. We normally order the South Point Cut and one can't go wrong ordering that. Our guest ordered the Blackened Cajun Style Prime Rib and it was outstanding. We'll definitely try that the next time. The meal portions are generous and we almost always have to take home some of our meals. The meats are succulent, the salads refreshing and the baked potatoes are always "spot-on", nicely salted baked skin and fluffy potato (filled with butter and sour cream...our choice that is). And best of all, the price is affordable so you don't have to wait for that special occasion once a year just to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem - Don't Tell AnyoneGrouchyDemandingFrugalDined on 7/20/2014Primarily Prime Rib is in the South Point Casino and has always had good food. However, we've avoided it for about 18 months because its staff was terrible...No one could speak English very well and the hostesses would manipulate the reservation lists to allow people "from their countries" to be seated first. We needed to do a birthday dinner and didn't want the hassle of going onto the Strip or far from home. So we made a reservation with Open Table, which was a nice convenience. The restaurant was packed, but the restaurant honored our reservation on time. The employees who couldn't speak English very well were gone. The food was better than ever. Try the Pork Oscar, with crab on top or the medallions of beef. Excellent!Special Features:
- Great FindVersatilefoodieDined on 7/19/2014Simply going to the movies and noticed this restaurant on line. I made reservations and was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Great food, Great Price come hungryFoodnutVIPDined on 7/19/2014Better than Lawry's for 1/2 the price. Much tastier Prime Rib, and everything is included. Fantastic value! Don't miss this one!Special Features:
- EpassVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you link beef and are not picky about the seasoning or quality it is the place to go.
- Second VisitLuv2Dine73Dined on 7/12/2014The food was good. I had the Cajun (Yummy), my Dad had the cowboy cut (a little tough), the julienne veggies over done. This was my second visit, first time (Dec. 2013) was fabulous! It was a little disappointing the second time around. The service was excellent, very attentive, and friendly each time.Special Features:
- UTTERLY AMAZINGFishermanDined on 7/12/2014This is beyond the very best prime rib restaurant in all of Las Vegas. Unquestionably, 2nd to none. First night had the "Cowboy Cut" that takes a hungry man to devour, prepared perfectly, following a cold & fresh tossed dinner salad, and promptly served by a most attentive waiter named Sean. 2nd night was very much a repeat of the first, food was scrumptious, service was the best and overall, this is a restaurant that I would drive all the way from San Diego just to enjoy their prime rib specialties. I would share with the viewers, this is the restaurant "you write home about".Special Features:
- Wonderful for visiting familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014Truly a wonderful atmosphere to bring family when visiting from out of State.(Idaho) Everything couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you Primarily Prime Rib and all Staff.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Every trip to Vegas this place is a must. The prime is out of this world. Great service for 2 or a large group. (We had a group of 35 and all our guest love the night).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningmomnoe1Dined on 7/10/2014We plan to make reservations in late December or early January when we are in Vegas with friends. We really enjoyed our waiter and the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EateryFoodDivaDined on 7/6/2014As always this eatery delivers on its promise, staff was timely, the food was superb if you want some prime rib at an affordable price this is the place to go. I highly recommend the White chocolate raspberry tartufo it was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not ax s good as usualcoupleinlvDined on 6/29/2014The prime rib was not as tender and flavor full as in previous visits. We'll try it again before making a final decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeceDined on 6/29/2014We were seated immediately and received bread/beverages within the first few minutes of arriving which was great. However, we were not acknowledged by our server for a min of 15-20 after we arrived. When he finally came to greet us he said he would be back in 2 minutes. He had to prepare tableside items for the guests sitting next to us. We thought he would be by immediately afterwards to take our order. He then went on to prepare items for another table, finally we thought we were going to have our order taken. Not the case, when he rolled the gueridon up to the 3rd table to begin preparing salads, we decided to walk out. When we told the GM that we would not be returning, he merely apologized and made no attemp at service recovery.
- Great Meal at a good priceVisitCapitalDined on 6/27/2014You cant go wrong with this prime rib restaurant. Always tender and tasty with great service.Special Features:
- just okWcatinLVDined on 6/27/2014This was not our first trip to this restaurant. We noticed the prime rib was a little tougher than in the past. The waiter was OK but spent more time with the group of young ladies next to us who were giggling a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badAnt26Dined on 6/21/2014Prime Rib was good nothing special, service was great salad was awesome, Appy wasn't bad either ...overall good for priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.