Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
Prime RibPrice: $30 and under
Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/primarily-prime-rib.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino
Away from the hustle and bustle of the casino on the mezzanine is South Point's Primarily Prime Rib. Catering to hearty appetites, the menu features four flavorful prime rib cuts, dry aged to ensure tenderness, seasoned and slowly roasted. Other dishes aim to please all palates, including comfort foods like chicken and dumplings and sophisticated creations such as sesame crusted sea bass. Sip on a signature cocktail, sit back and relax as your favorite prime rib cut is prepared to your liking by our culinary staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primarily Prime Rib - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (47)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (12)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top NotchLvBadgerDined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service, great prices!! Please do yourself a favor and make your next reservations here. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second time herenitauDined on 10/17/2014a hidden gem, best prime rib we have ever had. This time we took guests with us who raved about it like we did.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibBlewzmanDined on 10/12/2014Hidden upstairs at the South Point casino is one of the best bang for your buck prime rib houses in Vegas. I come here everytime I'm in town and recommend it to all my friends and have never been disappointed. Get the prime rib !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib fairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Asked for rare and got rare ! Not a small piece but not a large piece of meat. Not a bad meal, but definitely memorible. Would not return to restraunt.Special Features:
- Prime Ribdougp26364Dined on 10/11/2014If you're looking for prime rib this is the place. There are other items on the menu but, it's like it's name, primarily prime rib. Stick with what they do best is my opinion.Special Features:
- Primarily Prime Ribkayelem1947Dined on 10/10/2014Great spot inside Southpoint with excellent prime rib and great service. Love that salad and a potato are included with your dinner. Thanks for being in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- PPR South PointplswaitonmeDined on 10/4/2014We gathered to dine with family for a celebration. We did have to wait to be seated about 15 minutes after our reservation time. Service was good but not extraordinary like we would like to see in a restaurant like this. The ambiance was like sitting on a cruise ship. Tables were well spaced a part and the room had great lighting. The cajun prime rib was a little over seasoned, the salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceVisitCapitalDined on 10/3/2014Good food, great service, fair prices, what else can you want in a prime rib room.Special Features:
- grandpaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014my wife and I wanted to take my brother, son,son & wife,granddaughter & fiance, for dinner. service was excellent food very good- we ran short of time our waitress Marija was fantastic ! we got to the show on time our food arrived with plenty of time to eat everyone's prime was prepared just the way they ordered it and was excellent will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT VALUEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014Had a great dinning experence at Primarily Prime on 10-3-14. Good food for the price.Special Features:
- disappointedlocalcoupleDined on 9/27/2014For a steak house, all 4 steaks ordered were not at the correct temps. Medium came out RARE- Blood pouring out on plate. Medium end cut - so Well it was dry and tough. The beef pie was good. The salads wre overdressed. The baked potatoes were the best thing served. The waited asked how everything was 1/3 of the was through the meal. He offered to correct the steaks but it was too late and my guests were timid to request a change that would leave one person of the 5 eating alone.
- Hidden Treasuredjvegas2014Dined on 9/25/2014This was a treat to find in the middle casino scene. The Primarily Prime Rib ... was located upstairs at South Point Casino. As you got off the elevator, it was as if you entered into a very elegant dining establishment. The casino smoke, noise and crowd far from your mind. The appetizers was hot and fresh. We had fried artichokes and a flat bread with beef. Our salads were prepared at the table side fresh and delightful. The Prime Beef was just right with a creamy horseradish sauce. Great place to dine in style and no driving just a nice after dinner stroll to our Wyndham Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FkskiDined on 9/25/2014food and service was very good, although the female dining with us ordered her prime rib ,to be the smallest she could get...Guess who got her rib ??? Very disappointing that I got a prime rib 2/3rds the size of hers..( although it WAS excellent ) Hers was by far the rib I ordered ) I also think $13.00ish was way too much for a Martini.. Don't price yourself out of a great night, thanks.. I will be back...When I get back there from Omaha, Ne..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The prime rib was outstanding. Service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014hostess was extremely rude. would not seat my party, letting several walk in parties ahead of us. had to return and ask for manager to be seated. she then brought our beverages from bar and slammed drinks onto table as she walked away causing beer to foam over and flowing onto table. have been a loyal customer but will not return after blatten disrespect from the hostess.
- I liked it!InLV45yrsDined on 9/21/2014I have dined there a few times over the past 5 years and never had anything but great food and service. I really like the different styles of service for the Prime Rib. My favorite is the Cajun spice rubbed. The spice mix is smoky and compliments the richness of the Prime Rib perfectly. Each time I have been there I noted the difference of the orders always finished perfectly, from rare to well done. And always juicy!Special Features:
- Southpoint disappoints again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Lousy presentation. The thin artificialy pink piece of tuff meat was all that was on the plate. It was pracitially floating in what the cook probably called Aus Jus, I would call it boulion. Luke warm at best. We felt we had stepped back in time to the 1970's, and not in a good way. Not worth trying again.Special Features:
- Prime RibDon3684Dined on 9/17/2014The service was good,The shrimp cocktail smelled fishy, not fresh. My steak was very thin and hard to cut and eat, lots of fat and grissel. Baked potatoe was not cooked enough,hard in the center. My wife ordered the cowboy cut (big piece ) med well, it was very over cooked and tasted like pot roast. Would not go back. Oh,the salad was great,fresh and tastey.Special Features:
- ExcellentLovethisplace1Dined on 9/17/2014It's Vegas's best meal for the price. Very consistent and food is excellent!Special Features:
- OLD MENU PLEASEconniegraceDined on 9/14/2014They have changed their menu and taken off our favorites and substituted for more beef items....they really need their old menu back and a better choice. I take our beef loving friends there but not everyone in the party are into red meat....need more veggies too and a list of apps and salads....really is limited on food items...really, they need an overhaul on their menu COMPLETELY....BUT love the bar right outside their door.Special Features:
- DonnieDined on 9/14/2014Prime Rib was excellent. Service was excellent. There was a table nearby with 12 to 14 people so it was noisy but it was OK...they were having a good time. We would return next time in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it has beenhoboVIPDined on 9/11/2014Been going to this restaurant since the casino opened and have always enjoyed it. This time something has changed. They raised the price and cut down on the serving size and quality. Dessert was not as good as well. We will probably try this restaurant again but not right away. They didn't have their act together seating people when they opened at 5:00 PM. Used to take reservations first then people that just showed up. Seems to be new people serving as hostess and manager. Our waiter Shaun did an excellent job, however!
- A must do when in VegasDaleDined on 9/7/2014We come to Vegas at least once a year and always make it a point to get to the Point (South Point) that is. We love the Prime Rib at Primarily Prime Rib. Thank you for the Great food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!loglineDined on 9/6/2014Hard to find, (on the 2nd floor) but great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibMusselsVIPDined on 8/31/2014If you enjoy good prime rib then this is the place to go for the best deal in Vegas. The beef is tender, flavorful and cuts are generous. A salad and potatoes are included at the bargain prices. The atmosphere of the restaurant is elegant and not crowded. Truly my favorite place for prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melts in your mouthCharvegasDined on 8/31/2014The prime rib was amazing! So flavorful and so tender! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime ribouttodineDined on 8/30/2014While there are several that do prime beef. I wanted to go blackened did not care for there way of cooking it ,they quickly removed it from the tableSpecial Features:
- Always good food.daisyDined on 8/29/2014I have been several times and will go again. Don't order house vodka. Had to have my martini replaced with brand name vodka.Special Features:
- Great food and valueHoosierGal112Dined on 8/24/2014We went for the 2014 Restaurant Week meal which was outstanding. The choices were designed to appeal to those who love prime rib as well as those preferring either a fish or chicken entree. Salads and baked potatoes are dressed at the table. Wonderful desserts. After looking at the regular menu, we'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeds442Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner at Primarely Prime Rib. Food was cooked perfect. Our server Joseph was great. Gave us just enough attention during our meal. Made recommendations from the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Foodluv2eatbigDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere was great and the service and the food were excellent , the prime rib I had was prefect and the service again was wonderful, I will be back to eat there in the future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primarily Prime RibCathyYCADined on 8/22/2014We love this restaurant. We are not even big prime rib people but it is so delicious here, we have been a few times and will continue to do so. The service is stellar, the food is excellent. The meat is done absolutely correctly according to the request. It is a relatively quiet restaurant. The service is fast so if you don't want to linger, you don't have to but. BUT... if you do wish to linger, the atmosphere is is perfect.Special Features:
- SuperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Just a great place. Eat at Primarily Prime twice a month or more. Have taken friends from out of town and has become a schedule stop for them. Hidden Gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been an old cowVegasSmittyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I had the Cowboy cut Prime rib, definitely not Prime, tough to cut or chew. Wife had a steak, we brought it home for the dog, also very tough. Next time we'll go downstairs for good steal at Silverado Steakhouse.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When my husband and I go out for dinner we always pick your place. Very good food what ever are choice is and the help are very plesant. (That's when we can afford to go out to dinner) I say about 3 times a year we go there wouldn't go any where else. Best service in townSpecial Features:
- always good!!redhott22VIPDined on 8/16/2014I eat here all the time and it's always good!! They just added an appetizer that was so delish! The veggie flatbread!!! The only con I have is the dessert menu. They need to add creme Brule or something equivalent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 62nd. Wedding AnnivrsaryDisappointedDined on 8/15/2014We chose your restaurant to celebrate our Anniversary as we've always had a good experience and good food there. We invited friends to accompany us that were celebrating her retirement as well. We had told them how good the food was and felt bad afterwards. My prime rib was more than half big pieces of fat and her crusted chicken was dry and her husbands halibut, which was the special was dry and only had a couple of bites of crab on top. We took our daughter and granddaughter from N.J. there for dinner a year ago and every time she visits we have to go there at least twice, she raves about the food. I'm hoping it was just a bad night in the kitchen. I will definitely come again to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our guide recommended this as "the" place for prime rib. Unfortunately it was on par with Black Angus. The prime rib was not particularly tender nor flavorful. It was a fair price for a good meal but certainly not "the best in town" quality I was expecting for a place which specializes in Prime Rib.
- Last visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our server was boring. He didn't make any conversation, just took the order. We brought our 4 year old son. He's food came out last and it was steaming hot so we had to wait until it cooled off. Our prime rib was swimming in the Au Jus sauce. Sauteed mushrooms was very dry. This is a place where you can go for a quick bite and don't have to dress up. I live in Las Vegas so I won't be coming back nor recommending this place.Special Features:
- PhilJackDined on 8/13/2014We eat here at least once a month. Always good service, great food and very nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.