Prickly Pear - Orlando
100 S Eola Drive Suite 105
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Prickly Pear - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fmirestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 4077812539
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater from 5-5000 contact our catering department at email@example.com
A word from Prickly Pear - Orlando
Prickly Pear Steakhouse, where Orlando meets the American frontier, is located in the prestigious Sanctuary building, part of the Eola Square District, in the urban neighborhood of Thornton Park Downtown Orlando near Lake Eola. Look for culinary delights from the American Southwest such as Maine Lobster Quesadillas, Pistachio Crusted and Smoked Mozzarella Salad, Chiptole Glazed BBQ Salmon, Fresh Seafood, Cowboys Steaks, and Roasted Pork Tenderloin along with a selection of unique burgers such as Elk, Lamb, Bison, and Prime Beef. Our sommelier selected wine list consists of a variety of California varietals. Look for a large selection of tequila, margaritas, cordials, and an extensive liquor selection served in the finest stemware in our beautiful dining room. Prickly Pear Steakhouse also provides an upbeat lounge area inside or enjoy a drink in the private outside terrace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prickly Pear - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
- Three of us went at 11 amOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Three of us went at 11 am on sunday morning. We all had some form of Eggs Benedit and loved every bite. The service was excellent and they even had live music with a musician who played songs he wrote himself on a Ukulele he made. Lovely experienceSpecial Features:
- Wanted to try Prickly PearTripDined on 4/20/2013Wanted to try Prickly Pear for a while after seeing it on the magical dining month list. Made a reservation for Saturday for 6 people.We were seated immediately and waited for the rest of our group to arrive. The server was very polite and helped us order drinks. The reservation was at 8pm and we started order food around 8:30 or so.We ended up waiting over an hour for our food to arrive as we watched other groups come eat and leave in the same time frame. Eventually got our food, which you could tell was sitting under the hot lamps for a long time. The bottom bun on my burger had soaked through with juices and the plate was scolding hot. No explanation why we waited so long.
- The food here was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The food here was delicious! We started with the 19 cent ham and bean soup. One of the best soups I've ever had. Then we ordered really great salads and an amazing steak. They have great selections for a tasty healthy dinner or one of the best chargrilled steaks you'll ever eat. The service was perfect. Cornelius was so attentive, suggested great food, but without being too pushy. We enjoyed him almost as much as the meal. Overall all I was pleasantly surprised at this new find so close to Lake Eola. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceMaPearsDined on 4/17/2013My Husband and I wanted to try Prickly Pear, had not had the opportunity and the menu on line looked great. We decided to get a bunch of appetizers to try. We had the corn and jalapeno fritters, they were dry and had no flavor, came with apple sauce, but it needed a something else. We also ordered the shrimp and corn pancake, once again dry and no flavor with no sauce to add for flavor. We had the bison meatballs. They were served with a marinara sauce which was not described in the menu, don't understand a marinara in a southwest restaurant. They were out of sour cream. Manager was not attentive. Server told us we should have ordered steaks.
- My husband and I both lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013My husband and I both loved the indoor decor, but we ate outside as nice evening. Beautiful inside. Great food, homemade bread, real good. Elk burger great, big, too. Thai chicken wings real good sauce, tasty.Special Features:
- Went for brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2013Our experience was "ok." Service was slow even though it was not crowded at all. The brunch was good. We liked the Bloody Mary bar. Probably will not go back again.Special Features:
- If the Easter Brunch was anOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013If the Easter Brunch was an "extended presentation" then I wouldn't bother going for the "regular presentation" on a normal Sunday. We had Easter reservations, we were seated right way. I was actually surprised to see such a light crowd. It was Easter Sunday. Just a few things on the buffet with nothing "fresh" or made to order. Eggs were cooked ahead of time and then stored in a warmer, it seemed. Making them overdone and tasteless. Biscuits were hard and gravy was never restocked. The selection was very light and definitely not worth the extra price charged for Easter. Nothing at all that might be "kid friendly" other than the overcooked scrambled eggs and bacon. I could go on but running out of characters...
- Had a early reservation beforemc33410VIPDined on 3/30/2013Had a early reservation before a concert (6:00) .. we were only 1 of 3 tables .. and the service was terrible, forgot an appetizer .. the food was mediocre at best (duck quesadilla was good) ... Having recently dined at the Funky Monkey (same owners), which we loved, we figured this was a slam dunk .. wasn't even close. :-(
- Won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013While we truly do enjoy the food at Prickly Pear, this will be the last trip we make. Each time we go we have some service issue. When we went for brunch yesterday we were looking forward to their much touted, highly advertised bacon buffet as part of brunch - which ended up being non-existent. Although we arrived at 12:45 and brunch was scheduled to run until 3pm, when we asked where the bacon buffet was we were told by the manager that "the group back there cleaned us out" before he turned and walked away with no further explanation or apology or discount. It went downhill from there and sadly we won't be back. .
- Cool place!Jason76Dined on 3/17/2013Brunch was a fantastic value. Great place to take large groups.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The food and drink were both excellent (elk burger, salmon burrito, prickly pear margarita). The manager/owner stopped by our table to check on things and the entire staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Beautiful decor. Nice bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Beautiful decor. Nice bar. Service was a little "off". Appetizers were delicious, main course good but not fabulous.
- A Disappointing Tuesday Night VisitJustMel109Dined on 3/12/2013I was really disappointed in my experience at Prickly Pear. I did not bring anything up to my server because it was my husband's birthday and I didn't want to start an argument. The restaurant was fairly empty. Once we finally got seated, we weren't even asked if we were interested in sitting near the live band (we weren't but were just placed there . We were new to the restaurant so wanted some time to review the menu, which appeared to annoy our server. Our drinks were delivered well after they were made, causing mine to be watered down. The food was eh. I know it was a Tuesday night, but I am not getting any sort of discount for dining then why can't I get the same quality as a Friday? Plus, my husband wanted to leave without any dessert
- We had a wonderful dinner.slewisDined on 3/9/2013We had a wonderful dinner. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The fried goat cheese is terrific! So were the burgers. Everything we had including the Prickly Pear Margaritas was delicious!Special Features:
- Absolutely superb - food andfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 3/5/2013Absolutely superb - food and service was outstanding - when an appetizer we ordered was unavailable the manager came over and apologized and BOTH managers on duty checked with us numerous times to make sure all was great - extraordinary! We will return when visiting the Orlando area again - guaranteed!Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!DaveSDined on 3/2/2013From the moment we were greeted we were treated like royalty by the staff of the Prickly Pear. When we arrived, our table was not quite ready and the manager offered us cocktails "on the house" while we waited...what an awesome way to start the evening, thank you Randy! The wait staff was excellent and prompt, we ordered the "special", a filet with shrimp skewer...was excellent and prepared to perfection. The bar staff was excellent and the drinks were perfect, we even special ordered a drink that was made perfectly. This was our first visit to the Prickly Pear and I can assure you, we will go back again.Special Features:
- Server was very pleasant butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2013Server was very pleasant but unfortunately was not a very well trained server!Special Features:
- We had dinner Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2013We had dinner Saturday night am the meal was not up to par. The two ribeye steaks came out and it was not the same style and cut that I have come to expect from your restaurant. It was a thin store bought (public) certainly not the restaurant quality. As for the sides the fries were supposed to have no salt and that did not happen, the baked potatoes were not hot at all. Carbs with no choice of vegetables with it slow how can you run out. That left the canned corn that was cold last time we came in. With the dining room as slow as it was not what I come to expect from the quality of the food from prickly pear. Please confirm receipt of this email and any question please ask it was not an acceptable meal from what I have come to
- This little gem has the potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013This little gem has the potential to be a hot spot but it will need to step up its game big time. We had several incidents with our meal and the manager was all but absent until it was far too late. We were on a business meeting and it was quite embarrassing how bad. If we decide to visit again, it will be after enough time has passed they are hopefully able to figure out their short fallings.
- Enjoyed the meal VERY much....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2013Enjoyed the meal VERY much.... Service was kind of rough and slow but I would definitely go back and give the another run as the food was excellent....!!!Special Features:
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Very pleasant experience. Steak was tender and tasty, salmon burrito got rave review. Other reviews complained about service speed, but our server was attentive and prompt. We dined at a pleasant and leisurely pace. Will go back.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I made reservations here for valentines day because their regular menu looks fantastic and they offer bacon brunch on Sunday! Unfortunately, the fixed price menu was extremely underwhelming. My date and I had the chile relleno for the appetizer, which was decent. And it all went downhill from there. My date ordered salmon and I ordered steak, both very simple and boring options for a place with otherwise an incredibly vibrant menu. The salmon was tasteless and the steak was a mystery cut with lots of tough pieces. For sides, we were given mashed potatoes and corn, neither of which I would ever order at a restaurant. The quality was once step above banquet food, for an outrageous $50 per person with tax and tip.Special Features:
- I had a great experiance atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013I had a great experiance at The Prickly Pear. I went on Valentines Day and took someone for a first date. It has a great atmosphere. The service was great. Our waiter was attentive without being over bearing. The food was amazing! A little pricey but well worth it for a date night.Special Features:
- Sunday Morning BrunchCarlaDDined on 2/10/2013Enjoyed Sunday Morning Brunch...which was new for the restaurant. I was expecting some sort of steak since it was a steakhouse. The bacon bar had some good choices but a little greasy. Turkey bacon would be an alternative option. Only choice for non-pork appetites were chicken wings and meatballs. Overall, I did have some good food. The Bloody Mary Bar has great items to spice up your drink. Bloody Marys and Mimosas were flowing. I would recommend going again, I could make a regular event.Special Features:
- Definitely not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Not impressed. Great ambiance but had been warned about service. Should have listened. Not in a hurry and enjoyed a great evening with the family but in no way due to the service. Staff was extremely friendly but super slow on service, and it was far from crowded. Also, menu was misleading; the Tilapia burger was described as just that, a "burger' w/avacado. We pictured a grilled tilapia filet w/slices of avacado. Instead what we received was more like a crab cake......only made w/tilapia (and I guess avacado?). Not impressed. Per menu it was served with French fries, we were served tater tots. Live music was awesome! Other than than that, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- We attended a wonderful SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013We attended a wonderful Sunday brunch at Prickly Pear in February. We were able to enjoy a beautiful sunny day outdoors, had amazing service from the moment we walked in until we left 2 hours later, and enjoyed the mouthwatering buffet offered for brunch. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- I am sorry to say this wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I am sorry to say this was one of the poorest meals we have ever eaten out. The menus was basic, the theme didn't really make sense. The meal I had was fatty and the sauce was strange. My partners steak had too strong a charcol taste. The service was great, and they were friendly, the thing that let them down was the food.
- Attentive service and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Attentive service and good tasting food. Won't disappointSpecial Features:
- Service Good, Food Not-So-MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We used a Groupon to try out the Prickly Pear on a Saturday evening. There is a good reason that it wasn't crowded and I don't expect the restaurant to be in business for the long term. Don't even know where to start with the menu and food quality. Cold loaded baked potatoes (manager did apologize), fish burger was very mushy and unappealing, and the menu needs to be more creative. Smoked Mac and Cheese was a puzzle..no smokey taste at all but a strange hint of possibly rosemary? Steaks were fine. Menu lacks imagination and variety. We won't be back.
- Our food was very tasty atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Our food was very tasty at a reasonable price. Good service and quiet dining room ( although we arrived early!)Special Features:
- We had friends in from out-of-townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013We had friends in from out-of-town and decided to take them here, as it was someplace we've never been either. The are foodies so I wanted to take them to a restaurant they would really enjoy. The food was really good. The southwestern corn that come with the entree is a nice touch. Our friends were very happy with the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wouldn't recommend the brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Went to the opening of their breakfast brunch this past Sunday. Would not recommended it. Was nothing what the email led us to believe. Very over prices for the quality of food. We would not recommend or return for brunch again. The live music was nice.
- Even the bread was tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Even the bread was tasteless and burned on the bottom. Steak was not seasoned at all. I had to request salt and pepper be brought to the table. Received the wrong side dish. Green beans were a mixture of very old limp ones and fresh bright green ones. Had a strange taste. Very slow getting our drinks even though the place was nearly empty. It is a beautiful restaurant in a lovely neighborhood, but we will not return because the food was tasteless.
- Steak went back twice, finallyMelissaDined on 1/25/2013Steak went back twice, finally cook correctly. Baked potato cold but replaced. Green beans sent back cold 3 times. Worst service in Orlando Yet.
- Very Good-OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2013RibEye was very good- Happy Hour also has very good wine and beer specials-
- Despite the so-so reviewsOrlandoVicVIPDined on 1/19/2013Despite the so-so reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Prickly Pear. The food was tasty, service was attentive and very friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. Several things disappointed me. The menu is lacking in small dinner salads in the $5-$7 range, which I wanted. There was a wedge salad listed, but that's not very exciting. They also had western music playing in the background, louder than necessary. I happen to dislike western music and found this to be annoying and a detraction from the dining experience, not an enhancement. I know that it's in keeping with the southwestern theme, but please turn it down. There was also no free parking. Overall, it was a decent restaurant, but could benefit from the changes I mentioned.Special Features:
- I thought all the food weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2013I thought all the food we ordered didn't have much flavor. Wasn't impressed, probably would not go back. Resturant was too quiet. They had a girl playing guitar during most of the the night and she was the best thing of the whole evening.
- I enjoyed the atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013I enjoyed the atmosphere, service, and meal. It was a nice first time experience and have already mentioned it to several friends.Special Features:
- Food was good to fair seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/12/2013Food was good to fair seemed short staffed and we had new waiter so not really on top of it. Fish burger had no flavor but the steak was good.Special Features:
- Service AWFULOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013We made reservations in anticipation of the event - Phish Phest. Despite our reservation, we had to wait an hour for service of any kind and menu options were very limited. All blamed on the event - I am never going back there. Food took forever to come out and when we left table for a ciggarette outside, busboys cleared it before we had finished our drinks! Never going back there. Ever.