Prickly Pear - Mooresville
637 Williamson Road
Mooresville, NC 28115Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Prickly Pear - Mooresville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pricklypear.net/
- Phone: (704) 799-0875
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday thru Thursday 11am to 10pm, Friday and Saturday 11am to 11pm. Lunch Monday thru Saturday 11am to 3pm. Sunday Brunch 11am to 3pm. Dinner daily from 4pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Eddie Chavez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Eddie Chavez 704-799-0875
A word from Prickly Pear - Mooresville
Restaurant critics, neighborhood regulars, and first time visitors always agree about Prickly Pear: the atmosphere is great, the food is superb, and the service is outstanding. The restaurant offers a casual atmosphere that is perfect for dining with friends, co-workers, and family members. The creative menu features a wide array of great selections, always made from the highest quality ingredients. Be sure to ask your server about daily specials and other notable menu selections. The staff at Prickly Pear are friendly and professional and will ensure that your dining experience is a pleasant one. Please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Prickly Pear - Mooresville - Best Restaurants in Mooresville ›
Prickly Pear - Mooresville reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)romantic (13)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014This is my third visit here and every time I've been very pleased. Food and service outstanding!Special Features:
- Amazing StaffLocalfoodisthebestfoodDined on 11/8/2014We had to call and change our reservation time due to traffic and with ease they were able to get us in 45 minutes later. Then our group number changed and then changed back and they were so accommodating to our hectic arrangements. We were celebrating my dads 60th birthday and they came out and sang (dad didn't appreciate all the attention) but it was a great end to a busy day. The food was perfect and great portions and I can't say enough about the staff. So helpful, friendly and added so much to our dinner enjoyment. Thank-you, we will be back!Special Features:
- EnjoyableUnexpectedDined on 11/8/2014Pleasant environment and enjoyable atmosphere. We went early and a got excellent seating indoors with the perfect view of the sunset.Special Features:
- UnimpressedvtavesVIPDined on 11/4/2014Was really looking forward to trying this restaurant. Up in walking in, I noticed the ambience was bland which matched the level of taste for the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Usually love this place but service was beyond poor on Saturday. When we sat down we told our server we had to leave in 80 minutes as we had concert tickets so put our order in immediately. Our server obviously forgot to put our order in though as we waited 1 hour 15 minutes and all of the other tables around us which had been seated 30-60 minutes later than us were served before us. So needless to say we were late for our concert and finally gave up on food all together and left and picked up fast food along the way. I will give Prickly Pear one more chance but really hope service improves a great deal as I do typically really like their food.Special Features:
- First TimeUnexpectedDined on 10/25/2014My first time at this restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was authenticly prepared. Flavor was good and so was the presentation. The service was excellent and view of the lake was awesome. We will be going again!Special Features:
- Another wonderful nightMikeDined on 10/18/2014Our dinner was great . We were seated early and the service and food was outstanding as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongAlwaysHungryDined on 10/11/2014One of my favorite places! The food is always outstanding, and the service great. When the weather is nice the patio is my favorite. Describing it as Mexican will put the wrong idea in your head. This time I had a filet and it was delicious. My wife had a pork chop and it was huge, and also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected a lot moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Prickly Pear needs to rethink their brand. Gourmet Mexican food is not going to cut it in a lake Norman strip mall. They may want to consider their menu, provide professional to the servers and hire real bartenders.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/26/2014Menu change, specials are good but after several years of the same menu you need to bring new items to the dinner menu and keep the same size consistent size. The last time you went down on the scallop size. Marabela is great but use Phillips. Crab meat even if you increase the cost to compensate it will bring back customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014In town for a business meeting, dining alone. Wanted good food and a comfortable setting for a dine alone evening in which I didn't feel the need to consult my emails to pass the time. Got what I wanted.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great food. Not your typical mexican restaurant. We really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first visit (occasion was my wife's birthday). We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. We sat on the outdoor patio, which was nice for an evening visit. Our fresh guacamole (made at the table) was outstanding. We were not offered or served complimentary chips and salsa, however, which seems like a notable omission, perhaps intended to promote ordering appetizers (which is what we did). Our food was served in a timely fashion, but the reaction amongst our group of five was decidedly mixed, from "don't really care for it" or "it wasn't what I was expecting" to "pretty good but rather pricey for what was served." On balance, I'd say to try it, but expect to spend more than at a 'typical' Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Evening on Lake NormanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We had not been to the Prickly Pear since it's move from the renovated Church in historic Mooresville to the new location on Williams Road. To our surprise, the restaurant sits on the edge of Lake Norman. It was a stormy evening and nature was putting on a light show for us! Had it been a clear evening there are tables where you can dine outside and have the lake as your view. The restaurant has a wall that is floor to ceiling windows that provides just about every table with a view of the lake. Of course we had to have our favorite appitizer, the guacamole that is made to order at your table. Superb!! The Prickly Pear Margarita is a must have. The menu is modern Mexican, but the food is fresh and authentic with a twist.Special Features:
- Improved Food Quality, SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Prickly Pear. The quality and presentation of the food was better than our prior visits in their old location. The servers were very friend and professional, but slow. We waited a long time to order and get our food. On a positive, we had a issue with on of the meals and the staff handled it very well and professionally. We'll definitely be back to Prickly Pear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was differentEatwellVIPDined on 9/12/2014I frequent PP for special occasions at work and home. I've been a loyal fan for many years. Not sure what was going on last Friday at lunch but it wasn't the same PP. Lunch took nearly 2 hours and several burritos were made with taco shells. There was a new menu so maybe that was the problem. I will be back and write this off as a one time issue.
- Lovely place, food mostly goodExplorerVIPDined on 8/30/2014My hubby and I have been here several times and everything is great but the food is a bit hit or miss. I'd recommend the lamb and the ossobucco but last night we had the mar y tierra (surf and turf) and we asked for it mild, the shrimp and filet were cooked to order and tender but with little flavor, didn't feel even salt. We also had the special, red snapper, which was good but no $30 worth. We had the hazelnut chocolate tres leches, stay with the regular, its better. After a coupon the meal, not so fantastic, was still a bit over $100, tip included, that was calculated including the discount, good, but including taxes also, not cool.Special Features:
- Very uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food is always prepared so well. The menu is short which alliws them to perfect each dish. By far, my favorite restaurant in Mooresville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed patronSteveDined on 8/29/2014Service was slow and the server was not very knowledgable on the menu items. The beer was servered warm and the one plate of food was cold. Very disappointed in the experience.Special Features:
- RobykinDined on 8/27/2014The guacamole that is made fresh at your table was amazing. I could have made a meal off of it. I will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Great place!SkiowaDined on 8/26/2014We enjoy coming to the Prickly Pear! Friendly staff, great food, and you can't beat the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGingerVIPDined on 8/13/2014My friend and I ordered their salad with mango. When the meal arrived the server said that she was sorry but the produce person didn't show up with the mango so there wasn't any mango on it. So basically we had a grilled chicken salad presented to us. After I was almost finished she came out with a plate of unripe sliced mango and said whoops...they found the mango. Not the first time there has been a problem with this restaurant's food and service. It does have a nice location though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality lunch time experienceVoraciousDinerDined on 8/9/2014This was a great mid-afternoon restaurant. Service was excellent. Food very good. Reservation was on-time and recognized. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceTongaDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed another great weeknight dining experience at Prickly Pear. This new location on Lake Norman is much better than the old downtown location. You can get a great outside table, but also have good views of the water from inside. We also appreciate that the owner takes a personal role in taking care of all diners. The guacamole appetizer was delicious and prepared tableside. The seafood stuffed enchiladas, scallops and "Catch of the Day" were prepared flawlessly and the wine list contains many reasonably priced choices. Top shelf service by the wait staff was the icing on the cake for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 567 reviews are from the Prickly Pear - Mooresville reviews archive.
- Great ServiceDontliketocookDined on 7/26/2014We took a pretty large group here to celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. The food was delicious and the whole staff went out of there way to accommodate us. Also, the view was beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair, prices exceed the quNjoyfoodDined on 7/26/2014Overall not impressed, nice atmosphere can easily get loud. Server was not efficient in providing basic info. Left hungry.Special Features:
- Not badSkkibunniVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was okay. Presentation was nice, the flavors nothing out of the ordinary. The house margarita and the tamarind margarita tasted identical although the waiter insisted they were not the same. The deserts were not made in house as the cake part of both our deserts was partially frozen still and soggy, yet almost a dry, gritty texture. Not good. I do like authentic Mexican and this place was not for me. Will not return.Special Features:
- EuropeanfoodieDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here twice, once for dinner and the other time for lunch, and both times the food was amazing. The nice view over the lake is also a great bonus when sitting down to eat. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A treatapplemc55VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great place to treat yourself or friends. Good food. Reasonable prices. Fun.Special Features:
- Great view, food and serviceOnthefarmDined on 7/15/2014This is the second time we have been here with friends. Once outside and once inside. Both were very nice, and service was excellent in both settings. There were a few children at other tables, in both settings and they were well behaved and happy, so hardly noticed, and there is food they would enjoy. The noise level was ok. We are older and some of us have hearing aids so we are sensitive to this. The crowd was 30s and up, not loud or rowdy and it could be a lovely romantic place due to the fabulous view of Lake Norman. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The food is very good, with a variety of choices. We will be back-soon and often.Special Features:
- Don't go during the world cup!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014Servers were watching the game and not their tables. disappointing.
- Poor serviceFoodequalsloveDined on 7/5/2014We made a reservation for 8:30 and got sat as soon as we got there. That part was nice. However, we got our water and then didn't see a wait or for 30 minutes. People around us (who were sat after us) got their food before we ever got to order ours. I would have left if it weren't for the company I was keeping that night. If I go back, I'll make sure to sit at the bar and be seen.Special Features:
- Great Mexican with a twistCltgirlDined on 7/5/2014All four of us had very good meals, from fish to pork, and a vegan; everything was done well. Excellent appetizer recommended by our waiter.Special Features:
- ExcellentluvtoeatDined on 7/5/2014We chose to eat on the patio outside and the view was beautiful. Overlooking the lake and eating a delicious meal with loved ones made it a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice view but loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014I really liked the new location but a very large, loud and obnoxious group were seated next to our two-top table. We could barely hear each other talk. Other than that, the table side guacamole was fantastic and the meals were superb! Would definitely go again but would consider asking to be reseated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014my husband and I have had lunch and this time dinner both times it was wonderful. I had the fish special a little dry but very tasty. my husband had the pork and four people tried it and said they would have that next time. three of us had the tamarind margaritas they were delicious the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Good food, good service, overall a very pleasant experience. Outside dining was very nice. Food portion was just right. Very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The Service was impecable and the food, was beautiful. A wonderful experience, a true dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was very good. We will go back. I want to try lunch.Special Features:
- Favorite Mexican CuisineCarolinaDreamer1Dined on 6/21/2014We love PP and visit often for the great menu items, vistas and friendly service. Yum! Kids menu available....very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.