Prickly Pear - Mooresville
637 Williamson Road
Mooresville, NC 28115Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Prickly Pear - Mooresville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pricklypear.net/
- Phone: 7047990875
- Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday thru Thursday 11am to 10pm, Friday and Saturday 11am to 11pm. Lunch Monday thru Saturday 11am to 3pm. Sunday Brunch 11am to 3pm. Dinner daily from 4pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Eddie Chavez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Eddie Chavez 704-799-0875
A word from Prickly Pear - Mooresville
Restaurant critics, neighborhood regulars, and first time visitors always agree about Prickly Pear: the atmosphere is great, the food is superb, and the service is outstanding. The restaurant offers a casual atmosphere that is perfect for dining with friends, co-workers, and family members. The creative menu features a wide array of great selections, always made from the highest quality ingredients. Be sure to ask your server about daily specials and other notable menu selections. The staff at Prickly Pear are friendly and professional and will ensure that your dining experience is a pleasant one. Please stop in soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Prickly Pear - Mooresville - Best Restaurants in Mooresville ›
Prickly Pear - Mooresville reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)great for outdoor dining (51)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (16)romantic (16)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Lovely place, food mostly goodExplorerVIPDined on 8/30/2014My hubby and I have been here several times and everything is great but the food is a bit hit or miss. I'd recommend the lamb and the ossobucco but last night we had the mar y tierra (surf and turf) and we asked for it mild, the shrimp and filet were cooked to order and tender but with little flavor, didn't feel even salt. We also had the special, red snapper, which was good but no $30 worth. We had the hazelnut chocolate tres leches, stay with the regular, its better. After a coupon the meal, not so fantastic, was still a bit over $100, tip included, that was calculated including the discount, good, but including taxes also, not cool.Special Features:
- Very uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food is always prepared so well. The menu is short which alliws them to perfect each dish. By far, my favorite restaurant in Mooresville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed patronSteveDined on 8/29/2014Service was slow and the server was not very knowledgable on the menu items. The beer was servered warm and the one plate of food was cold. Very disappointed in the experience.Special Features:
- Great place!SkiowaDined on 8/26/2014We enjoy coming to the Prickly Pear! Friendly staff, great food, and you can't beat the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGingerVIPDined on 8/13/2014My friend and I ordered their salad with mango. When the meal arrived the server said that she was sorry but the produce person didn't show up with the mango so there wasn't any mango on it. So basically we had a grilled chicken salad presented to us. After I was almost finished she came out with a plate of unripe sliced mango and said whoops...they found the mango. Not the first time there has been a problem with this restaurant's food and service. It does have a nice location though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality lunch time experienceVoraciousDinerDined on 8/9/2014This was a great mid-afternoon restaurant. Service was excellent. Food very good. Reservation was on-time and recognized. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceTongaDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed another great weeknight dining experience at Prickly Pear. This new location on Lake Norman is much better than the old downtown location. You can get a great outside table, but also have good views of the water from inside. We also appreciate that the owner takes a personal role in taking care of all diners. The guacamole appetizer was delicious and prepared tableside. The seafood stuffed enchiladas, scallops and "Catch of the Day" were prepared flawlessly and the wine list contains many reasonably priced choices. Top shelf service by the wait staff was the icing on the cake for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDontliketocookDined on 7/26/2014We took a pretty large group here to celebrate my daughters sixteenth birthday. The food was delicious and the whole staff went out of there way to accommodate us. Also, the view was beautiful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair, prices exceed the quNjoyfoodDined on 7/26/2014Overall not impressed, nice atmosphere can easily get loud. Server was not efficient in providing basic info. Left hungry.Special Features:
- EuropeanfoodieDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here twice, once for dinner and the other time for lunch, and both times the food was amazing. The nice view over the lake is also a great bonus when sitting down to eat. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A treatapplemc55VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great place to treat yourself or friends. Good food. Reasonable prices. Fun.Special Features:
- Great view, food and serviceOnthefarmDined on 7/15/2014This is the second time we have been here with friends. Once outside and once inside. Both were very nice, and service was excellent in both settings. There were a few children at other tables, in both settings and they were well behaved and happy, so hardly noticed, and there is food they would enjoy. The noise level was ok. We are older and some of us have hearing aids so we are sensitive to this. The crowd was 30s and up, not loud or rowdy and it could be a lovely romantic place due to the fabulous view of Lake Norman. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The food is very good, with a variety of choices. We will be back-soon and often.Special Features:
- Don't go during the world cup!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2014Servers were watching the game and not their tables. disappointing.
- Poor serviceFoodequalsloveDined on 7/5/2014We made a reservation for 8:30 and got sat as soon as we got there. That part was nice. However, we got our water and then didn't see a wait or for 30 minutes. People around us (who were sat after us) got their food before we ever got to order ours. I would have left if it weren't for the company I was keeping that night. If I go back, I'll make sure to sit at the bar and be seen.Special Features:
- Great Mexican with a twistCltgirlDined on 7/5/2014All four of us had very good meals, from fish to pork, and a vegan; everything was done well. Excellent appetizer recommended by our waiter.Special Features:
- ExcellentluvtoeatDined on 7/5/2014We chose to eat on the patio outside and the view was beautiful. Overlooking the lake and eating a delicious meal with loved ones made it a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice view but loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014I really liked the new location but a very large, loud and obnoxious group were seated next to our two-top table. We could barely hear each other talk. Other than that, the table side guacamole was fantastic and the meals were superb! Would definitely go again but would consider asking to be reseated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014my husband and I have had lunch and this time dinner both times it was wonderful. I had the fish special a little dry but very tasty. my husband had the pork and four people tried it and said they would have that next time. three of us had the tamarind margaritas they were delicious the best I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Good food, good service, overall a very pleasant experience. Outside dining was very nice. Food portion was just right. Very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The Service was impecable and the food, was beautiful. A wonderful experience, a true dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was very good. We will go back. I want to try lunch.Special Features:
- Favorite Mexican CuisineCarolinaDreamer1Dined on 6/21/2014We love PP and visit often for the great menu items, vistas and friendly service. Yum! Kids menu available....very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but needs some tweaksKywildcatsVIPDined on 6/20/2014I really like the more upscale and modern menu here. We sat outside - they have a lovely patio setting (which could be made better with some outdoor decorations, plants, lights, etc.). Our food was good, but it was served lukewarm at best. My suspicion is that it sat in the kitchen for a number of minutes before being served. We didn't say anything because it was looking like it might storm and we thought we might not have much time. While the service was friendly, they were really inefficient. Our server made numerous trips to our table but would do only one thing, like ask if the food was OK but not take the numerous dirty plates and glasses away or ask if we wanted another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem at LKNSilviaDined on 6/15/2014This was our first visit to Prickly Pear's new location. We loved the ambience of the old spot and the food was always superb. However, you cannot beat the great lake view of the new location, so glad they found this spot! We had an early dinner on Father's Day, the staff were welcoming and attentive. We sat outside at a table with a view of the lake (no table in between us and the water). The food was simply delicious, unusual mix of flavors and wonderful presentation.Special Features:
- AmbienceMexfanDined on 6/15/2014Very nice experience, but for the flies bothering us. Hard to control with an outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was mediocre and a little pricey for the quality. The service was good but I do not see myself going there again. We enjoyed the view of the lake, which basically made up for the poor food.I would not recommend the prickly pear .
- great foodsummertimeDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I had a gift certificate for the Prickly Pear. We'd been to the former location in downtown Mooresville several times and enjoyed the food but not the noise. Much quieter here--but the inside was cold!! We sat outside and it was lovely. The food was tasty and beautiful. Definitely not traditional Mexican offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor patio diningDbhollerDined on 6/7/2014Great food although service was a little slow. Great night on back patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014This is one of the single best dining experiences I have ever had. My husband and I came with our 10 month old son. When bringing a child into a restaurant, we frequently get a look of horror...."Oh, no ...a child!" They could have not been more attentive & polite. We ate outside overlooking the water & our son had a blast watching the boats go by. When his sippy cup fell to the ground, a waiter had grabbed it up and offered to wash it before I could even get up from my chair. They also offered to fill his sippy cup for us, even though we had already brought him some juice. Everything was delicious and our son devoured the guacamole! We consider ourselves to be somewhat foodies and were very impressed. OVERALL OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Bad service!NotahappycustomerDined on 6/7/2014First off the food was great even though it was a little pricey compared to a normal Mexican restaurant. We did have a group of 10 but service was terrible. If 18% gratuity is included than I expect great service. The restaurant was not very busy and we were there for 2 and a half hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2014The service was extremely pushy assuming we wanted a first course , we were asked repeatedly to order appetizers. We had a round of drinks and they wanted to bring a second round while our glasses were still 2/3 full. Constantly asking us to order more than we wanted was a drag.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualNCYumsDined on 5/31/2014Service was not as good as usual...we had two different people and when we needed something neither was around, but...the food was delicious as usual. Overall, a nice experience and will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for big birthday celebrationNCshoegirlDined on 5/30/2014We hosted a 40th birthday party at Prickly Pear, and were pleasantly surprised by how well the service, space and food was, for such a large group. We were 15 people. Our server, Joanna, was attentive but never intrusive, and the food was great, fresh and flavorful. We picked a rainy day, so didn't get to enjoy the outside dining, but indoors was plenty. Thanks for a good night!Special Features:
- BlaseFoolMeOnceVIPDined on 5/24/2014Nothing really negative, just dull food and dull service. I don't think my dish had even a touch of seasoning. The "side" of black beans was literally a single spoonful, and that was the tastiest spoonful on my plate. And despite the ordinariness of the service and the food and the setting, which is in the middle of lakefront condos, they do, as other reviews say, expect you to pay $4 for chips and salsa, they expect you to tip the individual that serves you your guacamole, etc. I can't really recommend this place.
- Amazing all around!tmooreDined on 5/24/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary. We sat out on the patio overlooking the lake and it was a great atmosphere. The food was great, the service was spectacular, the whole evening was very memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday gatheringPahpah2Dined on 5/21/2014Special Thank you for the whole crew who made our evening terrific! Hope you also enjoyed the cake! Always have great time there! Favorite place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique retaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014What great restaurant! This is not your typical Mexican, but a more refined, upscale Mexican style place. The service was great, and it was refreshing to actually have waiters from Mexico in a Mexican restaurant who understand and can explain the food. The Margaritas were also excellent. They are homemade and they don't use a mix, they use fresh lime juice. The flavor of the day was tamarind, which was great! We are so tired of the typical Mexican restaurants in Charlotte, this one is worth the drive!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This visit was for Mother's Day brunch. It was a great experience! Food was awesome! Service was friendly and great! We came on our boat and parked it in Eddie's beach area. Would be great if you guys had boat parking as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTravelqueenDined on 5/10/2014The prickly pear is definitely a must. The food is very unique and the service is excellent! It is not very budget friendly, so be wary of that. But other than that, the prickly pear is an excellent find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing "old church" locationlovemexicanfoodDined on 5/10/2014Although we enjoyed our food, the new lake location lacks atmosphere, and for us not the better. We had reserv. at 5:15p on a Sat. and when we arrived they were just cleaning-up/rearranging tables after a wedding reception. Once we sat down, it took at least 10-15 minutes for someone to take our drink order. We were one of two families in the restaurant at the time-several of the employees were on break at other tables. We had to ask the bus-boy to send someone over. There was also too much time between our drink order and dinner order being placed. Again, they were NOT busy. Add the less than a cup of liquid in our margarita (all ice), and a tip request for the $9 table-side guacamole (really?). Disappointed at my once favorite restaurant.Special Features: