950 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pricklypearatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048818887
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; The bar is open until 2:00am on Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Lumberto Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire with the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The full mezzanine level is great for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Laios 4045806014
- Entertainment: Salsa dancing at night on the second Friday of every month.
A word from Prickly Pear
A modern taqueria serving tacos with a modern twist that will dance tangos on your tongue created by chefs with recipes dating back to the time of the Aztecs. Come check out the margarita bar with over 100 tequilas and listen to Atlanta’s hottest Latin sounds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prickly Pear reviews from OpenTable diners
- Solid Mexican Spot in MidtownMidtownStaceDined on 1/13/2013Been wanting to check out Prickly Pear for a while since I literally live two blocks from there. The food was good as were the drinks. Both were well priced. Nothing monumental but a solid Mexican place nearby. I haven't checked out happy hour but I've heard its a good place for that as well.Special Features:
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The food was really good. Great selection! I had the taco plate and my favorite was the Bang Bang Shrimp. Our server Paul was the best and her really made our night!Special Features:
- Prickly Pear So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012Bland tasting food. Very surprised that there was no chips and salsa to snack on before dinner. Waiter was great to start with but over the evening he was slow to refill drinks and we had a long wait to get the check. This was not a good first time experience at Prickly Pear.
- Prickly Pear was really fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Prickly Pear was really fun. Our waiter was very energetic and extremely sweet. This place is definitely a "lets grab something to eat right quick" type of place or after an event. The drinks are also good. Overall its a great place!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2012The food was very good and the cheap margaritas definitely hit the spot. The only issue we had was our reservation. I made a 20 person reservation and when we got there the table was only set for about 12. Then the man said we could use other tables around us so we had to move them ourselves. After that annoyance, everything went well and we had a great time.
- We enjoy the Prickly PearOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2012We enjoy the Prickly Pear and have for over a year now. But, the service levels seems to be declining. After finishing our meal, I cleared and set the plates aside - a clear indicator to please remove. However, after at least 10 minutes, I flagged our server and asked "is it possible to remove these?" She took one small stack and then requested help from the real bus boy. The drinks are good and food is good as well. Our normal bartender greeted us with the usual friendly welcome and even secured additional sales by offering a sample shot. We will return, and sincerely hope the service improves stat!Special Features:
- Bachelor PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Let me preface this review with the fact that I visited this restaurant during a Bachelor party and was very pleased with the fact that they were willing to let us have our fun. Anyway, the Prickly Pear was an excellent place in downtown Atlanta for a quick bite. Three of us went to enjoy some beer and quesadillas before the big party, and we got exactly what we wanted. We each had a different quesadillas (chicken, brisket, and steak)and traded to see which was best. We could not agree, thinking our respective quesadillas were the best. For what I remember :), the staff was friendly and started off our good times!Special Features:
- Taco Tuesday is a hit. TheyMeff44VIPDined on 9/18/2012Taco Tuesday is a hit. They have 20+ different tacos to choose from. Very tasty. This is my third time eating here and all three times I have had to call them back to get them to post my Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- Energetic and TrendyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Prickly Pear is one of my favorite hot spots. the food is not only awesome, but the under ground parking makes it even better. I would eat there more often if I lived closer.Special Features:
- Overall I enjoyed my experienceApearlCDined on 5/5/2012Overall I enjoyed my experience here, but it was very hot inside because they had the windows open on a hot May day. After 2 hours and asking multiple times they closed them but it still never got cool in there. The food and drinks are good though.Special Features:
- Great place to sit outsideMLEismeVIPDined on 3/26/2012Great place to sit outside for lunch in nice weather. Terrific salad (love that crunchy jicama).Special Features:
- We celebrated my son's birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012We celebrated my son's birthday. The selections of maragitas was super and the food great! The service was friendly, attentive and supportive of the event. A Mexican-style paella????? THE BOMB!!!!!!! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a festive evening.Special Features:
- All in all it was pretty good.TorreDined on 2/18/2012All in all it was pretty good. Our server was the downfall..Special Features:
- Use to be one of my favoriteAwfulVIPDined on 2/12/2012Use to be one of my favorite places to go, but they are slowly going down hill with the service and food. I hope they step it up before summer because I will be forced to find a new hang out spot.Special Features:
- Overall had a pretty greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Overall had a pretty great NYE dinner with 3 of my friends. Atmosphere was great, parking was convenient, food was good. Gripe: I don't want to pay for chips and salsa. Ever. The salsas were not that great and the chips were sorta chewy and standard. If you're going to make me pay for Chips n Salsa -- it better be amazing or unique.Special Features:
- Started Great, Ended UnpleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2011The evening started out very nice. They had the tables ready when we arrived for the original party size of 20. We waited at the bar and had drinks until about 7 or 8 of the party arrived. This actually ended being all that showed which was not expected. However, we were then seated in the upstairs area. The drinks were awesome and the food was even better! We noticed the service became a little slow due to several other larger parties going on in the same area. Basically once everyone pretty much finished eating, the waiter came around with our tickets and said they needed the area for another party. This would have been fine if we were actually finished or were offered another smaller table. Instead we ended up at the bar. Not impressed!!Special Features:
- My husband and I met 12 friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011My husband and I met 12 friends here for an early birthday celebration and had a fantastic time! The service was good, food was great, and specialty drinks were even better. We will definitely be coming back to the Prickly Pear!Special Features:
- Okay food, better Mexican elsewhereJennyModDined on 12/3/2011Went to Prickly Pear for my husband's birthday (he loves Mexican food) after a show at the Fox and before going to the Botanical Garden. We both had the taco plates. Our daughter had the child's taco plate, which costs $3.50 and has nothing else on the plate. My son ordered a wood-fired grilled pizza and he enjoyed it (and the rest of the family enjoyed the leftovers. My tacos (grilled shrimp, grilled fish and carne asada) were good, not great and my beans were cold (fresh, hot beans were brought to the table once the waiter was notified). My husband's tacos (beef, grilled chicken, spicy chicken) were good and his beans/rice were hot. The guac is great. Note: you do not get any chips/salsa for free. Okay experience but wouldn't go back.
- We enjoyed the meal. ServiceJudyVIPDined on 12/3/2011We enjoyed the meal. Service was a bit slow and one meal came out much later than the other 2. Pizza is a little heavy. Encilladas were great as was the fajita. JSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed tacos for a familyDunwoodyMomDined on 11/13/2011Enjoyed tacos for a family birthday gathering near Georgia Tech. Quiet on a Sunday evening. Casual. Service was friendly and prices reasonable for Midtown. Free parking in Midtown is another plus.Special Features:
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011I would say that they are great for groups... They are able to seat large groups, but this time they refused to give us separate checks, even when we told them from the beginning that we all wanted separate checks. Last time I was there they were able to not only give separate checks, but they were also able to split items (such as a pitcher) b/t several checks. I was not happy with the waitress, she was not happy from the moment she gave us the table. The food and drinks were great though!Special Features:
- Great Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2011I visited this restaurant with a party of 6 before a concert at the Atlanta Symphony Hall. This food was excellent and the you could definitely tell that this was not prepackaged food.Special Features:
- Good Taco!!ArmhDined on 10/14/2011As always that the Prickly Pear was good and the food was delicious. The different varieties of taco are always a pleasure to try.Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I get aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011My girlfriends and I get a chance to get together once a month and we had a ball. Our seating arrangment made it so that we could hear all conversations around the table. I must tell you we lit of the entire upper level. great drinks and a good time. thank you we will be back again. we were the Toasty Ten that came in last Saturday at 5Special Features:
- Not that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011We ate here on a Saturday afternoon before attending a matinee at The Fox. Sitting out side was nice on a such a pretty day. However, the food and service were just okay. The steak in the fajitas was not a good quality, so you had to chew for a while.
- Yummy Yummy YummyLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/28/2011We love this place - great food the best tacos and wonderful service. Very friendly and we love eating outside. Great parking and fresh food - Did I say we love this place.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the night!..The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Enjoyed the night!..The service was great!...Our waiter was excellent!Special Features:
- Eh..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2011Experience was average. The service was slow and Food came in very small portions. Would not have gone here without the online discount...Special Features:
- The music was so loud inside,Meff44VIPDined on 8/16/2011The music was so loud inside, I decided to sit outside. Good choice, as it was a nice relaxing lunch outside. The tacos were excellent but the rest was average, and no chips with the meal as at most Mexican places. Took me several tries to get them to move my reservation through OpenTable. Taco Tuesdays is awesome though!!Special Features:
- Give it a try!RGinATLVIPDined on 8/7/2011it was quiet when we were there - early sunday evening. the food was outstanding. the service wasn't so hot - and we were one of two tables there at the time. we'd go back for the food in a heartbeat.
- Great drinks, nice bartenders,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2011Great drinks, nice bartenders, very comfortable ambienceSpecial Features:
- My waiter must have been havingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2011My waiter must have been having a very bad day- I consider myself pretty low maintenance and every thing I asked for seemed like the biggest inconvenience (e.g. I had an empty water glass for 10 minutes and had to flag him down to just get that taken care of.) The location is nice but there wasn't anything really memorable- the fajitas were fine, the margarita a little watery but nothing terrible. The music was WAY too loud for a Tuesday at 7PM- felt like a fun atmosphere for a Friday night but could've toned it down given the time of day.
- SO Nice - So Good - S Going BackLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 6/26/2011Just wonderful. The food was wonderful. The staff couldn't be nicer. Parking is easy and abundant. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:
- Even with the Cinco De MayoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2011Even with the Cinco De Mayo crowd, Pruckly Oear Delivered. Great time!!Special Features:
- We went to Prickly Pear forbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 5/5/2011We went to Prickly Pear for the first time on Cinco de Mayo. We realized it was going to be crazy, so we made reservations. Once we got there we were told that they do not accept reservations. Luckily we didn't have to wait long to get seated. We immediatly ordered two margaritas. A half hour later we had to flag down our waiter to see where our drinks are. He told us that they are too busy that we would have to go get them ourselves from the girls selling drinks at the stands they had set up. We then placed our dinner order. My husband then went to go get us drinks and came back with $9.00 margaritas when their menu said $4.00. After waiting over an hour we still hadn't gotten our food or seen our waiter. Very disappointed!
- Nice choice - casual business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2011Access was good - convenient location with ample free parking. Service was very good and friendly. Food was okay, not outstanding. Good choice for a business team lunch.Special Features:
- great food, good service...justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2011great food, good service...just a lite loud when sitting outside on west peachtree street with all the streetbikes screeching by. but i guess they can't help that.
- Tex-Mex CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011By far this is my favorite mexican restaurant in ATL. The tex-mex food style is amazing and fresh! The ambiance is great, loved the lighting, decor and energy. Great dining place for groups. The only downfall is the service is just OK...Special Features:
- Fun place for girls night out!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2011We met here for a Girl's night out and had a blast! Great atmosphere & margaritas!! The owner & waitress were fabulous!! Will definately be back to the Prickly Pear!!Special Features:
- Excellent Prickly Pear margaritas!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/10/2011Excellent Prickly Pear margaritas! Tacos were delicious also and at least two dozen to choose from that can be purchased a la carte. Kids loved the loud music and bright decor!Special Features: