4645 Highway 6
Sugarland, TX 77478Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.previewmodernseafood.com/
- Phone: (832) 939-8968
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue - Sun 11:30am - 2:30pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4pm - 6pm
Dinner: Tue - Thu & Sun : 5pm - 10pm; Fri - Sat: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jason Liao
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact us for special events inquiries.
A word from Preview
We are here to reinvent, define, and develop a modern seafood scene in Sugar Land.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Preview reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (7)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Third time visiting PreviewTexastwangVIPDined on 11/16/2014This was our third time visiting Preview. The food and service was wonderful. The dishes are fresh, creative and artistic! The menu rotates, although some of our favorite dishes remain on the menu: ceviche chips n dip and canadian lobster bisque with miso! Save room for dessert too! Always something new and different. This is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceCat320Dined on 11/1/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynchDined on 10/24/2014If you have never been to a fancy restaurant you should def try this place. The food is good very light. These are tasting menu items. This is not chilis or red lobster where u will be stuffed fat full. Depending on how much you decide to spend you may not leave full. My husband and I knew what kind of place we were prepared. The food was good and an experience. The wine menu was great and had prices affordable for everyone. What I loved was that this place was small , trendy and chill and no tv! Thank God! My husband gave a round of applause for that. I will go back because it's in Sugarland and very convent but not a young teen hangout. We need more of this dining in Sugarland. This was a cool experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This was our second dinner at Preview. The service was impeccable and the food was exquisite once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, weird locationLivetoeatDined on 10/11/2014The food and service was outstanding! The restaurant is small 6-7 tables plus bar eating area. It's in an Asian strip center off Hwy 6 and Dullas, easy to find and park. The portions are small and pricy but absolutely delicious, beautiful presentation. Only request would be to have a least one option for big eaters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a rather pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I truly didn't expect to be able to taste so many good flavors in one night. Very decent prices, great presentation, and though not all dishes were exceptional, out of all seven we tried as a couple, not one tasted bad. To me, that's a win.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding gem in Sugar LandTexastwangVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our second time at Preview. The food was outstanding, and the service was even better than last time! There is so much detail in each dish and the flow of the dishes (clean, raw foods in the beginning, ending with the heavier, cooked dishes at the end). We were happy to see a few of our favorite dishes from May (Canadian lobster bisque and Ceviche chips n dip), but excited to try several new dishes. Each dish is meticulously crafted to perfection! We are also impressed with the sourcing of the seafood, from all over the world! Preview is certainly a gem in Sugar Land! Watch out!!! "Preview" is just a preview of what's to come in the future!!! Congrats to Jason and his team!!!Special Features:
- previewSorrelDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. The King Salmon was the star with the smoke infused Wok Edamame and Kona Kampachi, pear and black lime sea salt a close second. A positive change to have a restaurant like Preview in Sugar Land, we will be back for the Encore. Jay who served us was attentive and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- PreviewBud1Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. The King Salmon was the star with the smoke infused Wok Edamame and Kona Kampachi, pear and black lime sea salt a close second. A positive change to have a restaurant like Preview in Sugar Land, we will be back for the Encore. Jay who served us was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Unique Find!HootietheFoodieDined on 8/9/2014I found out about this restaurant on Open Table. Located in Asian strip mall, I never would've found it on my own. Menu is limited to a small number of items, but food is extremely fresh with superb presentation. We don't have any small, unique places like this in our area. Hope others will support this business. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that portion sizes are extremely small for the price you pay. If you have hungry males in the group, it can be quite the expensive outing!Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the Preview reviews archive.
- Good presentationChanchenVIPDined on 7/20/2014For some reason google driving direction was unable to give us correction location. The restautant is two stores down right side of Welfarm supermarket. Presentation was great, taste was acceptable, but food temputure was not. Everything was warm for hot dishes and cold dishes. My favourite dish was ceviche chip n' dip. The lobster bisque was tasty too but it's not really soup, more like lobster nuggets with gravy. Overall experience was ok, the restaurant have BYOB policy, so it's a advantage to bring your own wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodDutchCoupleDined on 7/12/2014Recently found this restuarant and it is a gem. Great menu, great food and great service.Special Features:
- great date placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant, however it was still a great dining experience. We tried the edemame, ceviche, KFT, squid ink raviolli, scallops with sweet potato gnocchi. And received a salmon sampler on the house. I hope things pick up here because it would be a great place for a date. BYOB with no corkage fee. a little out the way, but a nice gem in Sugarland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out on this gemJLubDined on 6/28/2014Preview is a new modern take on seafood for the Sugar Land area. If you enjoy a place like Uchi on Westheimer than this place won't disappoint. It's a well designed restaurant with great ambiance. The food quality is superb and the service was great. The location is certainly off the beaten path for the type of food being served. It's fairly out of place for the area. If this was down town it would be hard to get a seat. I hope for their sake people continue to support it; its too good not too. I know everyone in our party loved it.Special Features:
- Great MenulovefishDined on 6/15/2014The food is very good and the small portions make it fun to share many different things from the menu. The restaurant is small but has a really nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Refreshing New Takedajs2102Dined on 6/3/2014Preview is not your typical seafood restaurant. Unlike Reef and other mainstream seafood restaurants in Houston, most of the food is prepared in more of a style resembling sushi, usually rare or uncooked altogether. Unlike Uchi or other sushi restaurants that serve raw seafood, Preview doesn't restrain their seafood to the confines of rolls and other common sushi staples. The food is complex and prepared in a way that is both pleasing to the eye and functional. Every plate is impressive, every bite delectable. The incredible quality of the food is matched only by the knowledgeable staff and passionate management.Special Features:
- Fine modern seafoodTexastwangVIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating our anniversary dinner here. There was a nice cozy booth reserved for a table of 5. The food quality was outstanding! We felt so pampered sampling the finest seafoods from around the world: New Zealand Ora King salmon, Tahitian big eye tuna ceviche, Canadian lobster bisque, Hokkaido sea scallops.... Each dish was so beautifully presented. Congrats Preview!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.