1177 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2P4Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dineprestons.com/
- Phone: (604) 673-2173
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 2pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Chef Shelley Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Special Events: Will customize to suit your needs! Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Prestons Restaurant
Modern Canadian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prestons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- sunglassesDined on 9/4/2014I work nearby and thought to take some folks for a business lunch. We were seated at a booth in the back which would have been great for conversation, except that there were bright glaring lights hanging over the table which made it difficult to see each other or even read the menu. Very distracting and uncomfortable so had to ask twice to have the lights turned down. Otherwise the food was very good and I would come back and perhaps sit at a table near the window next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Prestons Restaurant reviews archive.
- Horrible serviceTraveler3Dined on 5/24/2014Service was the worst! It almost took us an hour to get our food but not when it came to the check. I got the Pad Thai which was dry.Special Features:
- Quiet place with great foodMarcastDined on 5/15/2014The food was delicious. We were the last group having dinner, so the rest was almost empty. The service was great too. Came back for breakfast and was awesome too :) i totally recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came because of the reviewstwopiscesDined on 4/30/2014I wanted a place to go after work. We came because of the reviews and are now spreading the word to all of our friends that this is a great place! Service was prompt and friendly. We had four dishes (kofta, greens, beet & melon salad, pierogies & sausage) and each had artful presentations and unique tastes that complemented each other. Music was modern but subdued enough for conversation. Other people were dropping in after work to enjoy the lounge. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Made bday reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/29/2014Made bday reservations for 8, showed up and was taken to a booth. I asked if we can move to a table and the waitress Kaitlyn was very accommodating. Had a few extra friends show up and the staff were nice enough to bring extra chairs and didn't make a fuss about it. The appys, main course and dessert was delicious. I had the duck which tasted amazing. Service was really great from all the staff including Kaitlyn. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine dinner for two in a boothVmarieDined on 2/14/2014Very enjoyable from highBacked booth for intimate conversation, to friendly, competent service, and we enjoyed the special Valentine meal for two. Both had the lamb ,shared an unusual Caesar with olives, lime lots of shaved Parmesan. Pretty presentation on chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great diamond in the rough, not a bad spot at all. Service is great, everyone is friendly. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A valentines feast...cscglobalVIPDined on 2/14/2014Attending this restaurant for the first time with a friend on Valentines Day, we did not take advantage of the preset menu however we did dive in and try an assortment of the fabulous flavours Prestons had to offer. The Melon Salad was a definite yes! The chicken breast was cooked to perfection and the ribs practically deboned themselves as they bathed in that sweet hickory sauce that was to DINE for! Our server this evening, Braedon, was energetic, very knowledgable, extremely well timed and gave precision recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Usual FareAlfredVIPDined on 2/13/2014There are some interesting and usual items on the menu ... Well worth a visit to try one or more of them!Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014Food was very good and the menu had nice diversity to accommodate different tastes within a group. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Really liked the atmosphere, reasonably comfortable with a warm feel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service, food is meh.yummyDined on 2/1/2014Loved the service, but food was a hit and miss. Some dishes were really good, other dishes were lacking in flavour. I think I'm wiling to give the restaurant another try though. Great ambience though, the location is a bit of a ways away from the busy downtown core, but this place certainly has potential!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPRISINGLY GOOD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/20/2014I had been here before (maybe last year) and the appy were awesome but I didnt think I like my entrée, which I do not even remember what I ordered. Anyway, I just visited Preston again yesterday for the dine out. For myself, I ordered the Koftas as my appy, the back ribs as the entrée and the Nanaimo bar as my desert. As for my friend, she has the same entrée but ordered the bison carpacio as her appy and new York cheesecake as the desert. The KOFTAS WAS SUPRISINGLY AWESOME!! I am a meat eater and I ordered the meatless meatball because my friend ordered the bison carpacio. I fell in love with it. The taste is really unique. The entrée was good to but HATE the coleslaw. Peanut Lover should get the Nanaimo bar and the NY cheesecake is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, good foodTeragram7Dined on 1/19/2014The food was imaginative...and plentiful. The restaurant had a good ambience and interesting lighting. The tables are not crowded together, and a couple is able to sit in a booth and have a decent private conversation. Although there was background music, it was tasteful and low-key, unlike many restaurants that blast you with loud and tasteless music. It's a little on the pricey side; but for a special dinner, I would recommend this restaurant and will eat there again on another visit to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat adventurous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/25/2013Somewhat adventurous food for potentially conservative palates. I thought it would be perfect spot to take my young, middle American client for dinner and it was. He loved the bison.I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotel restaurauntOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2013Not sure where the good ratings came from. Mediocre at best
- Food choices were great, pricesHealthyeaterDined on 10/24/2013Food choices were great, prices were reasonable. Service was a bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, awesome foodLovesAllFoodDined on 9/27/2013We didn't even get a drink menu until we'd been sitting there for 15 minutes without even water. Then it was so loud and the hostess had such an underbite that The only words we heard when we asked what the draft beers were was "coors light" so we both got that, which was obviously tragic. I would still come back to this restaurant, however because I had the Vegan Bean Cake and it was the best vegan thing I'd ever had at a restaurant before. My boyfriend had the butter chicken and he said that was top delicious as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondnicknameDined on 9/11/2013I made a reservation for a special occasion and put a special request, not really expecting much. These guys went above and beyond from what I expected! They made it very special. Food and vine was amazing as well! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good service, portionjwongVIPDined on 9/8/2013good food, good service, portion size could be biggerSpecial Features:
- Good menu, nice presentationSongheeDined on 9/3/2013This was a comfortable, middle of the road restaurant. Food good, nicely presented and they were quite happy to make changes to the vegetable/starch offered in order to cater to our tastes. Well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJonoConoDined on 8/17/2013Traveling from Ottawa to Vancouver we found Prestons via their website while scouting out potential restaurants to visit. We're really glad we found them and if they were in Ottawa we would be regulars. Fantastic food, fast friendly service and the ambiance and decor is wonderful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprised to find out thatssesVIPDined on 8/14/2013surprised to find out that it was a hotel restaurant. Usually I stay away from those. Food was better than expected and service was very good. It listed cuisine as Northwest but I expected to find more regional dishes. It was an ok dining experience but I probably would not go back. I wish Open Table would indicate when a restaurant is part of a hotel.
- Great place for business lunchPickyeaterDined on 8/13/2013The restaurant looks small but there is more room in the back that you cannot see from outside. The ambience is nice and relaxing. If you plan to have a lunch meeting with 4 to 5 people, I would recommend a booth located in the back. It's quieter and gives more privacy. When I made a reservation for a lunch meeting, I did ask for a quiet table and that's where we were seated. The food tastes good. I had a butter chicken which I recommend was well flavoured and excellent, plus a Nanaimo Bar for dessert. It's not too sweet like typical Nanaimo Bar and presentation was quite artistic. The price for this type of restaurant, I found quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great large table for a bigOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2013Great large table for a big group...hard to find these rest for a big group.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT SERVICE,food not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013I came here the first time with a girl friend of mine by recomm n was quite disappointed with the food. We were thinking maybe it was due to vancouver dine out, it was so busy food quality goes down? Then this time for my birthday, I thought I should give it another go. First, I thought booking through open table stating it was a birthday celebration, someone will actually take notice and wish happy birthday but nothing. That is no big deal at all. Overall SERVICE WAS AMAZING!!!! I ordered halibut, and trust me, I had A LOT of halibut in my life and it was very dry. When our waiter came by to see how we were doing, he noticed I was not happy with it and brought me a new one right away. Unfortunately, it was still dry that I had to chew.Special Features:
- Amazing ServicedannyDined on 7/19/2013Great food, amazing service, tasty martinis and beautiful atmosphere. Definitely stopping by again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only reason the noise becameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Only reason the noise became loud was because there was a private function going on and it got louder as the night progressed. The food was really good as we had 4 in our group and everyone shared tastings. The dohnut holes were a great dessert. If you are going use the valet service. Just drive around the block to the Coast hotel $7 for valet is cheaper than running out to re-feed the meter.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotkymstarDined on 5/3/2013Easy to book for work lunches. Good food, good service. Had a toddler with us and it was fine.Special Features:
- Great Grilled Calamari!FrequentFoodieDined on 4/5/2013I ordered the steak sandwich - medium rare - it came medium well to well. It was tasty enough that I didn't send it back as I was someones guest and it is their favorite restaurant. My host had the grilled calamari and they brought him some extra due to a kitchen incident. He shared it with the rest of us at the table and it was excellent!
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/3/2013Preston's is a wannabe Joey's/Cactus Club but isn't. The menu offers something for everyone and the Cobb salad I enjoyed with chicken was excellent. Perfectly acceptable for a business lunch or a catch up with your favourite friend, Preston's will not disappoint.Special Features:
- My lunch had a very unpleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2013My lunch had a very unpleasant taste to the point that I could not eat it and hand to spit the chicken into my napkin. I was with a client and did not want to complain in front of them. Was the worst lunch I have had out in a long time.
- The food at Preston's is alwaysFalseCreekFoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2013The food at Preston's is always good - the grilled squid is absolutely fabulous. We made the mistake of sitting at a table in the bar which marred the experience because the service wasn't very good. The bartender is responsible for the tables in the bar but it is very inconvenient for him/her to access the area from behind the bar. We would go again but would either sit in the diningroom or at the bar itself. Definately one of the better restaurants in the 3 surrounding blocks.Special Features:
- too noisy to hear my guestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013too noisy to hear my guest ; food and service were great but the noise level ruined the lunch.
- The food was delicious, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2013The food was delicious, however the presentation of the braised beef short ribs from the dine out menu was a little unattractive.Special Features:
- another nice hotel restaurantSFM1VIPDined on 2/3/2013I went there on a Sunday evening that was not very busy, so cannot judge the noise level when full. Very sleek, attractive, modern room, a bit sterile, but not cold. Nice, varied menu, very delicious, beautifully presented food and also reasonably priced. The Wine list is small, but has good selections and not terribly overpriced. Our waiter very pleasant and attentive, although of course he was not exactly "overworked" that evening. Whether it becomes a hot spot or vibrant bar scene remains to be seen. It's a hotel bar/restaurant and those rarely become that here in Vancouver, but the room has all the makings to become that, if the public would be so inclined.Special Features:
- The menu for Dine-out VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The menu for Dine-out Vancouver was really delicious. The service was very friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Some of the food I tried wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Some of the food I tried was average. The prices were reasonable though.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the seafood linguini and my date had the salmon, we shared the crab cakes. All the food was delicious! They didn't have 2 of. He wines I wanted ordered in stock due which was unfortunate. The banana dessert was yummy. The server was awesome, charming, attentive and friendly. Great experience just would have been more fun if it was busier...it was pretty quiet for a Saturday night but that could be due to location. So would recommend it for a quiet/romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Quiet, Delicious and Great ServiceColleenDined on 1/2/2013We love this restaurant for it's varied menu, its quiet ambiance, and it's tremendous service. The staff are right there but not intrusive. Every meal we've had has been delicious. I love the booths that are in a semi-circle with high backs so very intimate and private for a romantic evening, the back room has large booths for groups, and the main room has a very funky long table for very large groups, and also tables for four for those who like that formality. There are also good vegetarian options, including vegetarian lasagna and lettuce wraps with tofu, which appealed to my vegetarian friends. We recently had the seafood linguine which was delicious with lots of seafood in the mix. But the BEST part is that it is QUIET!Special Features:
- Consistently good; not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013Consistently good; not great. Good value. Drinks are reasonable in price. They need to learn how not to overcook fish. It's in my area and I can always get in.Special Features: