Preston's at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
1601 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Preston's at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Miami-Beach-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: 3056045442
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jason Prevatt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: After dinner at Preston's, enjoy live music in the adjacent Hemisphere Lounge. Tuesday through Saturday evenings from 9pm to 12midnight, guests can enjoy Latin and Latin beat music. Hemisphere Lounge also features a DJ on Fridays and Saturdays playing today's top pop and rock music.
- Cross Street: Collins
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Discounted valet parking at Loews Miami Beach Hotel is available for visiting guests of Sushi SoBe. Please bring your parking ticket for validation to receive the discounted rate of $18. Garage parking is also available across the street from the hotel for $1 per hour for the first three hours.
A word from Preston's at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
Boasting one of the only oceanfront restaurant views in South Beach, Preston’s features coastally inspired Mediterranean cuisine enhanced with local farmers prepared with Floribbean influences. Executive Chef Frederic Delaire introduces signature items like the Key West Fish Tacos, Florida Lobster Nicoise Salad, Diver Scallops Pappardelle and Mediterranean Couscous. Guests can enjoy traditional favorites with our very own twist along with specially designed children’s menus. Dine indoors or outside on the terrace and view the breathtaking Atlantic Ocean and beach. Serving over many different wines by the glass and signature cocktails with freshly made ingredients; it's the perfect setting to enjoy South Beach. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7:00am to 11:00pm. Preston’s is also ideal for groups up to 45 guests and offers several choices of customizable family style menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Preston's at Loews Miami Beach Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Delightful surpriseelimarVIPDined on 8/31/2014Prestons had a very nice Miami Spice luncheon menu. The snapper was very fresh and cooked perfectly. As it was Labor Day weekend, they seemed to be shortstaffed and service was a little slow. The food was well prepared. Would try it again.Special Features:
- Avoid Unless You Need $$$$ FuelOT4spiceDined on 8/31/2014Not fit for foodies. Average restaurant in a pricey venue. Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives would have a hard time finding anything appealing.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsRealEstate1Dined on 8/28/2014During our stay at Loews, we went to Preston's for my husbands 50th Birthday dinner. We had a table overlooking the pool and beach. The weather was perfect and so was the service and food! Great place to have a dinner experience for romantic dinners as well as a nice family dinner just a wonderful place we will be back soon.Special Features:
- not that good and too much money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014That says it all. The hotel is awesome but the restaurant is not. The beach houses much better restaurant for the price. Definitely to elsewhere.
- Paul & Rachel HoneymoonMrCumminsDined on 8/5/2014I thought Preston's was fantastic, we felt really looked after by our waiter Darrell, they even brought us complimentary champagne to celebrate our honeymoon. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Preston's at Loews Miami Beach Hotel reviews archive.
- Take your date herePrestonswascoolDined on 5/22/2014This place is great. Food, service and a view all incredible and at a decent price (especially for the location and demand). Only drawback is that valet is expensive, but they validate half off. Try and take a cab over if you're close by. Go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badladybugDined on 4/26/2014The place is beautiful, right next to the hotel pool with a beach view if you eat outside. The service was great but the food was ok. We had the watermelon mojito which was amazing!Special Features:
- Came with children. OrderRichardDined on 3/17/2014Came with children. Order didn't arrive as ordered. Computer with movies--one worked, one didn't causing one child a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Exquisite food in a dressy casual atmosphere, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Preston's !Special Features:
- Large, a little impersonal, priceyJakesmartA8Dined on 1/5/2014To the place's credit, we picked a bad day. It rained so we had to be moved inside half way through our meal. The live music was mediocre. The food was good but expensive for what it was. One got the feeling one was paying for the chi-chi location - South Beach - more so than the food. The saving grace was our server, Ralston, who tried to compensate for the negatives.Special Features:
- SurprisedAnKoDined on 1/3/2014We were staying at a nearby hotel and decided to give this restaurant a try based on the outside appearance of the hotel (looked like a nice spot to have dinner). Although the service was GREAT (and made our meal --- we were given complimentary drinks as well!) and the food was pretty good, the ambiance was awful. If they remodeled and gave the staff nicer attire, it would go a long way.
- Enjoyed meals at PrestonHugefoodieVIPDined on 12/21/2013We ate at Preston's twice the week we were at the Loews Hotel. We sat on the back patio. The ambience was great. Enjoyed the ocean breeze. My husband enjoyed both of his fish dishes and I enjoyed my salads. The wait staff was very attentive to us as well. I highly recommend Preston's for a great meal with a loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but bad service.AndyDined on 12/7/2013Good food but bad service. Also a little on the expensive side, even for Miami since not suppose to be trendy restaurant
- Lunch with the in-lawsRyanDined on 8/18/2013My in-laws from Minnesota had a great time! We walked down to the beach after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't aware of existence.mediocreVIPDined on 8/13/2013Wanted reservations on open table for 9:00 but the options were 9:30 and on when we arrived at Prestons there were only 1-2 other tables. Lobster mac was disappointing however I enjoyed the risotto.Special Features:
- Food-Amazing | Service-PoorbeachrayzDined on 8/10/2013The food & cocktails were absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, the service was poor. The waiter did not know the menus, didn't ask us for refills or try to sell us on anything. I couldn't even tell you his name. Too bad because the food and ambiance was great. I'll give them the benefit of doubt and chalk it up to a lousy waiter and try again :)Special Features:
- First course good. SecondRichardDined on 8/3/2013First course good. Second course very weak. Once the waiter realised that we were not enjoying it, he more or less abandoned us. He just left our uneaten meals on the table. They were still there a long time after we had paid the bill. Staff seemed a bit demoralized. Shame, we love the Loews, have stayed there many times, just revisiting for a meal for good-time memories with the kids. Please don't publish, just pass to management. Too much over-cooked pasta, rubbish pizzas. If you're going to do Italian, get a pizzaiolo. Not sure what too advise otherwise. We'll be back, especially for breakfasts, but can't rely on memories forever.
- AwesomeJustMeDined on 7/25/2013The food was awesome, the service was awesome! Great experience, I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrestonsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Nice for a brunch, breakfast or lunch with the kids. Great for outdoors ocations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible horribleWingoDined on 5/1/2013We had eaten there the nite before and had excellent Service and the food was good. It rained so we decided To come last nite. Our server was beyond horrible. I have never had so poor service in my life. The Server kept stating how sorry he was - stated they Pulled him to the dining room . Still a server Is a server. Plus we waited at least 45 min for Our food !!! Will never ever go back. Even the guests Next to us were complaining!! Our server from the Nite before was great and he had to bring us our bread!!! Totally ridiculous!!!
- Great Food! great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013Great Food! great Service! Quiet and comfortable place to enjoy with friends and family!Special Features:
- Down "low" at Preston's at LoewsTorontonianTravellerVIPDined on 4/9/2013Well the locale is great and the Loews is a beautiful hotel but I am not thrilled with places that treat you like you are doing a favor to dine there. The snapper and fish tacos were great. However we waited over 20 minutes for the chocolate tart with salted caramel ice cream. The tart was tasteless to boot and this was nothing special, we have seen tarts like this is a number of bakeries. The waiter was unfriendly, and even though the patio was less than a third occupied and the dining was absolutely barren, he seemed distracted, and eventually ignored us and passed us over to another waiter. Note - they add a 20 percent tip to the bill - which definitely did not go down well all considered.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Reserved thru opentable in the afternoon for the same night, and added a note that it was a bday dinner and they even sang happy birthday and gave us free drinks and dessert. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- The ambiance is beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/23/2013The ambiance is beautiful and outside there is a killer view. However, for the two of us (with no drinks, no dessert, and just one appetizer) our meal was over $100 (side note: I got spaghetti, he got fish). The food is decent but way overpriced. I am a little disappointed in OpenTable for how they advertise the pricing of this particular restaurant. It's a lot more expensive than what they say!Special Features:
- This restaurant is in thealwayshungryVIPDined on 2/15/2013This restaurant is in the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We had a great experience. My wife's request to substitute got messed up so the wait was long. When it did arrive all was well and they ended up comping my wife's meal which we did not request. A dessert or cocktail was also offered to make up for the inconvenience. They went a long way to make up for a minor mistake.Special Features:
- We arrived and they sat usOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We arrived and they sat us outside, after 15 minutes it became clear no one was serving outside. Moved inside was not much better. Food was bland. We stayed in the hotel for a week, but did not eat here again.
- The fish tacos were fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2012The fish tacos were fabulous for a light meal along with drinks. The staff was very attentive but also allowed us to visit after our meal so we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Nice evening for two.RonHDined on 9/21/2012Outstanding service along with a diverse menu. The portions were just right and the steak and the scallops were delicious. Adequate wine menu.Special Features:
- We were there for MiamiSpiceShellislandVIPDined on 9/16/2012We were there for MiamiSpice menu. Very good portions and delicious food.Special Features:
- Incredible experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Incredible experience. The food was perfect and the staff was attentive. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Miami spiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2012Had Miami Spice menu. Food was good but like expected small portions. Difficult to have a romantic dinner because of loud music coming from bar across the way but very nice ambiance.
- Service was excellent - FoodEggy22VIPDined on 8/18/2012Service was excellent - Food not that good. Actually enjoyed the bread basket the best. Appetizer-Crab Cakes-good taste Miami Spice Menu - Steak - ok flavor have had better Sea Scallops w/lump crab & red sauce pasta - scallops could of been a bit more seared, lump crab & pasta made whole dish mushy... dessert - Beignets - good taste - nice size sauces for dipping.
- We had the miami spice menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2012We had the miami spice menu at lunch and it was not good at all. The appetizers did not taste right and were quite small. And the steak was tough. Will not plan to be back.
- Ordered surf and turf. LobsterSavloveDined on 7/13/2012Ordered surf and turf. Lobster was tasteless and came without butter. The filet came sliced more like roast beef. Overall quality was horrible! Our waiter was nice but never asked us if we wanted a cocktail and never explained any of the dishes.
- Toyota food for Ferrarri pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Great atmosphere. Good service. Slightly above average food. Very high prices. High price is to be expected on South Beach in the Loews hotel, however quality of food for price is way out of whack. For what we spent on food/drinks one would expect food that's better than TGI Fridays or Chillis - it is not. If you want really good food, skip it and find something outside the hotel. It's just not worth it.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2012Food was outstanding but the restaurant was very dark inside.Special Features:
- We ate here for my son's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2012We ate here for my son's birthday and overall had a great experience. The maitre'd did not mention my son's birthday although we had mentioned it in the Open Table booking, so we had to tell the waiter. Our waiter was very attentive and did a great job. The food was competent and the kids particularly enjoyed the desserts, especially the decorate-it-yourself cup cakes which were fun and great for kids. Steaks were perfectly cooked and the food was nicely presented. Nice ambiance on the patio, although it was not vey busy on a Wednesday night. Overall we enjoyed our visit and wil go back if we are in the area again.Special Features:
- How can you not love thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2012How can you not love this place? Outdoor dining with a view of the ocean on Miami Beach. Great service and ambiance. Food was good to very good.Special Features:
- I love this place; howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/10/2012I love this place; however beware..IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD TO PAY...your bill will have a 20% add on!!! This is not a service charge or the gratuity... After dining on Saturday, I paid the full bill plus gratuity...however my instant bank account alert showed me that my card had been run for $116 instead of $96. I asked my server about this and so did the table next to us, the server said it was just a hold and would be released...however, my credit card statement still shows that an additional $20 was taken out and has not been refunded!!!!! I called the hotel and they told me to take it up with accounting because they had no idea why my card was charged extra!!!!Special Features:
- We came for Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We came for Valentines Day 2012. Being Valentines day I expected the restaurant to be full of couples enjoying their dinner. Fortunately it wasn't so bad. We were promptly seated. In a rather quiet section where we could enjoy our dinner and each other's company. The food was great, the service was too. A bit of outside noise being that the restaurant is in a rather large hotel on Miami Beach. but the noise was not overwhelming at all.Special Features: