Preston's at Loews Hollywood Hotel
1755 N. Highland Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Preston's at Loews Hollywood Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hollywood-Hotel/dining/restaurants
- Phone: (323) 491-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Mark Ching
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room can accommodate up to 50 people. Set menu is available.
- Private Party Contact: Rivonda Haltom; firstname.lastname@example.org 323-491-1219x
A word from Preston's at Loews Hollywood Hotel
Preston's is located inside the Loews Hollywood Hotel, which is conveniently located within the Hollywood / Highland Center. Attending a show at the Dolby Theater (walking distance) or Pantages Theater (shuttle available for a fee). The restaurant features breakfast, and lunch. There is a private dining room, which is perfect for parties of 40-50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Preston's at Loews Hollywood Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good place for business lunchDonaldTrumpDined on 6/24/2014Wasn't that busy so it was possible to be seated in a private corner where we could have a confidential business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, delicious waffles!JackieVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I came here for Sunday brunch & got the buffet. The egg white omelets and fresh berry waffles were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/10/2014There were only 2 other people in the restaurant. No one finished their food because it was so bad (no tast, no creativity). We were out if the restaurant within 40 minutes with the $50 check an empty stomach.
- Is very difficult to evaluaterestaurantloverDined on 11/28/2013Is very difficult to evaluate they were under construction.
- Preston's Sadly Closed for DinnerspecialtreatDined on 8/8/2013The new hotel management has chosen to keep Preston's open only for breakfast and lunch service. The reputation of the previous dinner restaurant was wonderful....can't imagine why they have closed the dinner service.Special Features:
- Uneven ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013We arrived early for our reservation and were graciously seated, not asked to wait. Good thing, since there is no place to sit and wait. Service was attentive at times; not so attentive at other times. A mixed review of the food based on the different experiences for each of our party of three. One LOVED the fish special. I had a very good filet. The third had a steak that was overcooked and dry. Best meal features: broccolini, frites. Most disappointing: out of macarons.We heard that the restaurant will be closed for renovations for a while. We will try again when it re-opens, assuming that this may have been an off night. Hope that some of the renovation will lead to signage making it easier to locate if coming from within hoSpecial Features:
- Sunday Jazz brunchGoFitGoDined on 3/24/2013Great Time listening to a great jazz band. Went for the jazz brunch on Sunday and everyone was so friendly and inviting. The band members even came over and talked to people at the tables during their break. It was a great time for the whole familySpecial Features:
- The "Live" jazz group madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2013The "Live" jazz group made the whole experience. Ambience was good for the brunch venue. Food was good for the price. Took a little while before host sat us and waiter to address our table, but the servers were quick with the incidentals and mamosa's :) Would definetly return for another good show.Special Features:
- Great Sunday AfternoonMitchellfam4Dined on 3/3/2013The service here is outstanding. We were here for brunch and loved the different choices for brunch. It isn't the traditional potatoes type of brunch. Great salmon and capers, great veggies, waffles, omelette, cereals, meats........it was the perfect amount of choices. I would say it is more for light eaters, but delicious. We will definitely come back again. I forgot to mention, the jazz band that was playing while we ate was outstanding. One member played 2 horns at one time. 2 HORNS! Very impressive. We loved it!Special Features:
- Even though we knew it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2013Even though we knew it was a jazz brunch, the band was very loud.we had to find a table as far away as we could to be able to talk. The food was mediocre and the menu included a carving station. There was no carving station available. When questioned about this the manager stated that the chef had decided to put the meet in one of those warming containers instead. The meat had been in there so long it was way overdone.the manager did offer to bring meat from the kitchen and this was cooked to my satisfaction. The wait staffs were pretty much non existent and champagne had to be begged for. We had our parking validated and was told by the receptionist it would be $6 but at the valet station we were charged $10. Do not recommend this brunch.
- Show and Dine package at the DolbyExcellentDined on 12/30/2012The food, service and view were very good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012This was probably one of the best experiences at a restaurant I have had to date. Service was beyond great, atmosphere relaxing and intimate, food was beyond delicious, creative and presentation was spectacular. The wine, delicious. So many of the servers were attentive, it was as if we each had our own personal server and all were more than happy to guide us the menu choices when asked. A very good choice!Special Features:
- A Great Sunday Brunch Buffet AlternOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012We decided to order off the breakfast menu rather than go to the buffet. Both the huevos rancheros and the farm eggs benedict were delicious. Service was excellent, although I suspect the relatively few diners had an impact. Can't speak for the other menu items, but they all looked good.Special Features:
- Haunted Hollywood?OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/11/2012Just absolutely awful, although the staff tried their best to get over it. Something has to change at this restaurant! It seemed like a haunted Hollywood haunt.
- We arrived for our reservationLegaleagleVIPDined on 11/11/2012We arrived for our reservation at 5:45. We had ticket to see Barbra Steisand at the Hollywood Bowl at 7;30. We were seated promptly, but our order was not taken for over 30 minutes after we arrived. Our choices were simple, but it appeared that after not taking our order timely, the waitress did not put the order in, as it took another 35 minutes until we received our food. We ate at the Preston because we heard the food was good and expected that the "house" would be set up to get Bowl goers in an out in a timely manner. That did not happen and it almost ruined our evening. We did not get to our performance until after it started, in large part due to the long wait at Prestons.
- I took some friends for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012I took some friends for a special occasion. The food was excellent and the friendliness of the staff was great. The jazz music was good, but a little too loud. It was difficult to carry on a conversation and we were actually seated further away from the band. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- A little over priced for fairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2012A little over priced for fair food.....ambiance could b better,restaurant is kind of dull. Service was great.
- The atmosphere was nice, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2012The atmosphere was nice, the waitress was amazing but the food just ok. The tomato bisque and the salad we started with was good... but the entrees left much to be desired. The steak was average with a "strange sauce" according to my husband. The pasta was way too rich and cream based with hardly any salmon or shrimp as promised. The brownie was a fun and cute finish and the coffee was amazing. It was a convenient place to eat before the IRIS show at the Dolby (It was included) ... but not much more than a hotel restaurant experience. Too many other great restaurants near by.
- Well priced, good serviceAngusmcgVIPDined on 9/30/2012Best part of the meal was the view over Highland, watching the Bowl-goers trudge up the street (we were to join them shortly after), followed by the service. The fish was kind of over-cooked, but the salad and wine and rolls and flatbread were good. Nice that they offer a 9 ounce wine pour at a reduced price. We have a subscription to the Bowl and are always looking for new dining options near Hollywood & Highland, and this is not a bad one. Also reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Salad was good but over dressed,RondaDined on 9/27/2012Salad was good but over dressed, Chicken and Waffles is horrible. They just put chicken fingers on top of a waffle. Now that's creative.....right?
- Food was pretty standard.IlikeitDined on 9/23/2012Food was pretty standard. There was a band playing which made the restaurant very loud and it was difficult to talk to my date but the music was good.
- Been a year now since Lowe'scwcinpsDined on 9/22/2012Been a year now since Lowe's took property over from Marriott. Food was good but service was just not clicking that night. Example when asked about drinks no water was offered and had to flag somoene down to get some and it was never refilled. When desert was delivered there was so flatware and so we gave up waiting and walked to the waiter station and got our own; the area in out in plain site so in our case it worked out. Food was good, and a great value for their price of the prefix menu. I just hope they get service in line.
- We had a great time at Prestons.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012We had a great time at Prestons. The food was terrific, the service was excellent. Great place for an early dinner before a trip to the Hollywood Bowl.
- Chef Gold has a Tender TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Chef Gold has a touch with food that has you admiring the presentation as much as enjoying the deliciousness of taste. The Lobster Salad was melt in your mouth scrumptious. Having a sensitivity to gluten Preston's catered to that need with a piece of gluten free toast for the salad to drape over. My second course, the New York Steak with fritas served with a tiny basket for the tiny french fries--I used the word cute to the table next to me. The steak, medium rare, was tender and tasty. The prices are on the high end, but the service and kindness of the wait staff made it worth every penny. So, for great food, great service, wonderful Experience. Preston's is the place to be.Special Features:
- Life IS a caberet!KariVIPDined on 5/24/2012A Caberet experience....dining while enjoying a theatre/singing performance by the very talented cast of "Lucky So and So"! Terrific servers and great bartender, Marcie...a wonderfully different evening out!Special Features:
- YummyMsMo1Dined on 5/20/2012Yummy. I enjoyed an excellent Jazz Brunch at Twist. Everything we had was delicious. The staff made us feel extra special. I loved it.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Jazz Brunch. DiverseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Enjoyed the Jazz Brunch. Diverse culinary offerings, Great music and awesome dessert options. Perfect for families who just want to bond over music and food.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!JeffcNickDined on 5/8/2012I highly recommend this restaurant. Twist is located in the Marriott Renaissance Hollywood hotel. On first look, this appears to be your large high-end hotel restaurant, high priced, mediocre food and uncaring service. I only went there, as it was part of a pre-paid package. However, very quickly we found the service and food to be excellent. And, surprise, surprise, it was priced reasonably! We had the Fixed Priced dinner and it was excellent. Twist is located in the center of Hollywood with lots of competitive restaurants. I certainly would not avoid Twist simply because it is in a hotel.Special Features:
- Great brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2012The food selection for the jazz brunch was great. Although we arrived during the last hour,what we heard of the band was amazing. The music helped to enhance the experience.Special Features:
- The service was friendly butLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 4/7/2012The service was friendly but spotty. The food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Twisted experience.UberskiperVIPDined on 3/23/2012Poor service, had to wait quite a bit to be seated despite being the only one waiting. Server was not knowledgable about basic culinary questions. And was very slow to handle things. Ordered a steak done medium, it came more then well done - it was almost burnt. I ordered a Pre Fixe meal and my dessert was delivered while my date was still eating her entree. Thats just not how its done!! I was expecting a nice sit-down dinner however the extremely loud music at the bar and then subsiquent soundcheck of a musical theater group made any conversation with my date impossible. I will not return and unless you're a guest at the hotel there is no reason to dine here.
- A big surprise...in the middleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2012A big surprise...in the middle of Hollywood, Twist has great food, a good menu variety and decent sized portions.Special Features:
- We went for Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012We went for Valentines Day because we had met a woman who was singing there that night. It was a prix fixe menu and was, as are most places on Valentines Day, overpriced. The food was pretty good, though, not amazing, and we really enjoyed the music during our dinner.
- News Years Menu- more saladSandyDined on 12/31/2011News Years Menu- more salad choices and a couple more entree choices. One guest had cold meat. Waiter didn't ask guests if they wanted coffee after dinner. However, it was a nice before musical event place to eat.Special Features:
- Food was really nice. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2011Food was really nice. Friendly and helpful wait staff. I wasn't blown away by the experience but would suggest other people go there.Special Features:
- SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH WAS FUN!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2011We really enjoyed our Sunday Jazz Brunch at the TWIST. The service was excellent and the selection was grand!Special Features:
- Server didn't really knowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/17/2011Server didn't really know the menu or the wine list. Poured water across diners plates and left the extra wine glasses on the table. Limited menu with few choices. Over priced for food and service.Special Features:
- FlakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Made a reservation a month in advance. I was called the day of and told my reservation was canceled due to a private party. Since I was driving my gf down for her birthday from northern cal, i didn't have time to make alternate reservations for our trip. We came down to see iris at the Kodak, not knowing the area we had to settle for a diner. Not the best start to an amazing evening I "was" planning for.
- Jazz with a Twist!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/13/2011We had flown into LA from Philadelphia that morning and were looking for a place with a lot of food, convenient to our hotel and a warm ambiance. We got all three at Twist plus a bit more. On Sundays until 2:00, Twist offers a Jazz Brunch complete with live music. We enjoyed the bands very much. The food was good - some trendy, most breakfast-like - and the Mimosas delicious. Since we arrived at around noon, though, some of the food looked a bit worn, lacking freshness just from sitting out for too long. Perhaps smaller containers that could be replenished more often would do the trick. All in all, we enjoyed our experience and felt welcomed and well-fed afterward.Special Features:
- A great find!BrendaVIPDined on 10/30/2011I was pleased with how good this restaurant was. The appetizers (stacked ahi tuni and cheese, bacon and potato tart) were especially good, and the desert (chocolate soufle) was really delicious. My filet, medium rare, was tasty and came just as I had ordered it, and my husband loved his fusili pasta with shrimp. We chose the restaurant due to its proximity to the Kodak Theater. There are many reasons to go back. Not your typical hotel restaurant for sure.Special Features: