Presidio Social Club
563 Ruger St.
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Presidio Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.presidiosocialclub.com/
- Phone: 4158851888
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- Friday 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wesley Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Presidio Social Club offers events, meeting space, and cocktail receptions in our private dining room, patio, or full buyouts of the restaurant. Please see our website for additional details, http://presidiosocialclub.com/special-events/ or contact our special events manager at email@example.com
A word from Presidio Social Club
Serving up a classic Northern California vibe, attentive hospitality, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu, San Francisco’s iconic Presidio Social Club is open every day for all your social gatherings. Nestled within the beautiful Presidio National Park, PSC is at once an inviting urban oasis and a lively destination fit for an intimate dinner for two or a celebratory venue for large groups. Erected in 1903 as a military barracks, the historical building has been converted into a modern eatery sure to put anyone “at-ease” featuring contemporary twists on San Francisco staples and artfully crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Presidio Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (72)great for brunch (69)great for lunch (67)good for groups (61)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (43)vibrant bar scene (38)scenic view (38)kid-friendly (28)romantic (25)hot spot (16)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- consistently wonderfulSucculentSpoonfulDined on 9/12/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience! Our drinks at the bar were fantastic and our entire dinner service was exceptional!Special Features:
- funJosiDined on 9/8/2014Good service and delicious hamburgers! How about offering free of charge salad instead of potatoes?Special Features:
- Lady Somerset Reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 9/4/2014The General Manager of the last 2-years, Maureen Sullivan, has made this restaurant a "must go" place to eat, not only in The Presidio but in San Francisco. Good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOutandaboutDined on 8/29/2014We usually eat at the bar and always have a great experience. This time we ate in the dining room and our server fell off the planet. It started out fine, but mid way through our meal, she all but disappeared. We literally waited 20 minutes at the end of our meal for her to show up and then another 15 minutes for her to bring our check. I'm hoping it was just an off night, but I think I'll stick to eating at the bar. The food is generally good, but we shared the meatloaf and it was slightly burned and dried out. It's been a while since we've been to the restaurant so I hope this was just a bad night overall and not a sign of change. We'll give it another try because it's always been one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014quality of food, simple,fresh, and really well prepared (adore lack of fuss); superb bar blending, comfort and ease makes visits often repeated worth the effortSpecial Features:
- Trout DishjonathonstoneVIPDined on 8/28/2014Served and prepared beautifully as a whole trout. A tad too salty.
- A superb restaurantCowHollowGuyDined on 8/27/2014I discovered the Presidio Social Club a few years ago and it has become one of my few go-to San Francisco restaurants. The food is excellent, especially the daily fish specials and the large, juicy expertly cooked pork chop. Also, I recommend the macaroni and cheese and fries. The bar is congenial and the cocktails, beer, and wine of very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiscuitDined on 8/27/2014Waited 40 minutes for our main course. My entree was lukewarm and salty. My husband though his food was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014Loved it! First time there and it was for lunch. Will definitely return, I want to try both dinner and Brunch. Also want to try the outdoor area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014The service was horrible but the food was good. Will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuySDined on 8/26/2014Excellent compoft food+. Serves throughout the day. Easy parking. We come in from Marin and it's easy in and out before a show downtown.Special Features:
- Great place but screaming babyMobooDined on 8/24/2014I really like this place and the food is creative (e.g. clambake), but when you have dinner you don't want to pay close to $100 a person to be seated next to a screaming baby (why is it the parents seem deaf to the screams and unapologetic to their neighbors?). It's not fair to spend a lot of money and expect a good dining experience to have to sit next to a screaming baby.Special Features:
- PeterVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a good meal. We need to try it for dinner sometime soon though.Special Features:
- Great location shame about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Nice to be able to book for brunch but the food was frankly very disappointing. Better option would be to head to Off the Grid with a blanket.
- Great, consistent spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Definitely add this to your list if your looking for a lovely brunch where you can enjoy not just the ambience, food, but most importantly the company. Great spot for brunch if you're interested in having a conversation with the folks you are going with. I love this place and will consistently come here and bring locals and out of towners to this place to try.Special Features:
- DiningDottieVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was outstanding. We were sat off the main dining room in a room, with no ambiance - which is sad because the restaurant is so cute- with just us and a table with birthday. It would have been a much more fun and enjoyable dining experience had we been placed in the main room. We offered to wait for a table in the main room, but were told it wasn't available. Food was still excellent, but the first time diners I was with did not get the real Social Club experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former Gemstone Getting CloudyLetopcatDined on 8/20/2014I have LOVED this restaurant since its beginning days, but it is losing its luster. Menu has grown uninspired and my appetizer of Deviled Eggs had egg shells in each of the eggs we ate (though the waitress had it removed from the bill because each bite was spit out, we were too disgusted to reorder the item...I have a thing about egg shells in my mouth, much the same way people have about tinfoil in their mouth). Main courses were good but certainly not warranting the $30-$40 price tag. Time to shape things up before Social Club becomes antisocial.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJCjcVIPDined on 8/17/2014None of the staff were attentive. Had to ask the waiter twice to take our order. Had to ask for a drink. Kale salad was very good, burger was decent, but poor service ruined our birthday lunch on 8/17.Special Features:
- Great all around placeYumYumDined on 8/16/2014The food is diner-plus greats in a semi upscale environment in a wonderful location in the SFs Presidio, a decommissioned military base that is being transformed into a tremendous recreational asset. The food is getting better but you come for the comfortable atmosphere, a great bar, and nice open spaces. Also parking is easy. You can bring kids and come on a date. All feel welcomed and comfortable because the space is well layed out for everyone to enjoy. Might be called polished rustic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid on all accountsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Interesting menu, nice ambience, great service. Location in the Presidio is fine for before or after walk,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presidio Social ClubMichaelVIPDined on 8/11/2014A low key place that is great for any meal of the day with high quality (tasting) ingredients and service to match. We went back for a lunch after the initial Brunch with family. Very relaxing a enjoyable.Special Features:
- Slipping into dullnessHayiiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Shown to our table by a rather unfriendly hostess who was cold as ice. We first noticed soiled bread plates and silverware. Started with a vegetable antipasto which for 513.50 was barely enough for one person and was just tasteless and seemed to have been refrigerated a bit too long. Cocktails were good. Very limited wine selections. The whole roasted trout however was quite good and fresh. Nice crispy exterior and perfectly cooked but lots of bones to deal with. The Meatloaf entree was just ok.The Beignets for dessert were nothing special. This place seems to have become for of a tourist destination and that's what they seem to cater to.Special Features:
- A great way to grab a bitelowerthirdDined on 8/4/2014Presidio Social Club is a new favorite. Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere. The staples like meat loaf and pork chops are just what I need sometimes and PSC doesn't disappoint. There is one item that's off the menu - but trust me, it's worth the $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem of a spot in SF!mpapayawashereDined on 8/4/2014A great spot for catching up with friends or meeting up with writing buddies or hooking up with someone special! Food/drinks/service divine all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere/ Historic SettingCSdinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Situated in an old army barracks with an upbeat feel, lively bar, and a comfort food menu. This works for almost everyone including children, who are very welcome. The mac and cheese and the meat loaf have been on the menu ever since this place opened - great to have them as staples. Can get very noisy later in the evening as the bar fills up and large parties come in. Go early for a quieter dinner or eat outside if the weather permits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014We have been to the PSC about four times and will probably return. The location is great as we live in the North Bay and there is always FREE parking--a huge plus in San Francisco. The food is above average but we find it's a bit pricey for what one gets, e.g, two deviled eggs with a few caviar row at $5.00/piece--NOT. Also, the menu is somewhat limited. It would be great if you could add one or two more items to the Startes and as well as to Entres. Your cocktails are creative and good but again, a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Always a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014We've always had excellent meals and good service here.Special Features:
- consistentmandmDined on 7/17/2014a favorite,next time will be as good as last time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Slow ServiceSimoneDined on 7/16/2014We decided on PSC as it had been on our restaurant list for a few months. We had heard great reviews of the food, and were excited to try it out. Upon arriving (with a reservation), we were met by an empty host desk. 5 minutes later, a hostess emerged from the kitchen to seat us. We had a great table, with a moderate noise level, and sat there for at least 5 minutes until a server arrived with menus. He then reviewed the specials, and gave us time to think about our choices. He did not bring water nor ask for our drink order until at least ten minutes later. Eventually, our food arrived (about an hour into us being there). The burger and roasted chicken were wonderful, we just had a lackluster server and may not return if that is normal.Special Features:
- First time at Presidio Social ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, the service was good by a bit slow. I will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceOptimusDinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014Enjoyed the restaurant - excellent service! The food was good - We ordered the special linguini and clams (a little dry but still very good) and meatloaf which turned out to be amazing - still can't figure out what was in that wonderful sauce, the mashed potatoes were smooth and creamy and the green beans were cooked to perfection. My butter lettuce salad was almost the whole head of lettuce, no kidding, and the dressing was to die for. I had the beignets for dessert and ate all 4 of them - left way too stuffed but the food was so-o-o good. The wine list was so-so but the wait staff was very attentive and really made it a great dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014Birthday dinner was festive with my favorite table request met great food and service and candles on dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014Our waiter,Mark, was terrific. He made our brunch so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with our PupsHungryBearDined on 6/29/2014The PSC is very hospitable to dogs visiting on the back patio. It's a great spot to go before or after a romp at Crissy Field. ALL Good!Special Features:
- AddieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Too loud!!!!!! Never again for dinner. Lunch okay. Good kale salad.
- MUCH TOO LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/26/2014The food was very good, and large portions as well, the service was polite and efficient (when we could hear the waitress through breaks in the din), but, that said, it is doubtful that we will ever go back again, at least, for dinner. The volume of noise was beyond belief and really spoiled what was a nice dinner. I don't want to have to shout at my table mates while we are eating, but that was what we had to do for almost the whole meal. Lunch or brunch yes, but definitely not for dinner.Special Features:
- LESS IS MORE!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/23/2014JUST WISH THEY WOULD HAVE A MORE EXTENSIVE AND LESS EXPENSIVE MENUSpecial Features:
- Presidio diningSonomalocalVIPDined on 6/22/2014Presidio social club is a nice spot to relax with lunch or dinner. Nothing is outstanding but good all around.Special Features:
- Very nice experience.NewAlbionOmnivoreDined on 6/22/2014Our first visit to PSC was very nice overall. We requested and were given a table by the window in the rear of the restaurant. The waiter was friendly and helpful but after welcoming us and before taking drink orders he disappeared for several minutes. He returned apologized for being late and took our drink orders and then disappeared again for several more minutes and again it took awhile to get our food orders. The food (American comfort food) arrived promptly and was perfectly done and quite tasty. The wines were also very nice. Overall a very good experience although a bit frustrating as we waited for our orders. I suspect the waiter was simply trying to cover too many tables that night. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every timeMurRoeDined on 6/21/2014I am always pleasantly reminded of just how good the food is there everytime I go. It is just outstanding every single time. The selection is not large, however, there is something for all tastes. And no matter what you select, it is just excellent. The chef puts a slightly different spin on the dishes and what I think sounds "interesting" turns out every time to be simply outstanding.Special Features: