Presidio Social Club
563 Ruger St.
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Presidio Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.presidiosocialclub.com/
- Phone: 4158851888
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- Friday 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wesley Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Presidio Social Club offers events, meeting space, and cocktail receptions in our private dining room, patio, or full buyouts of the restaurant. Please see our website for additional details, http://presidiosocialclub.com/special-events/ or contact our special events manager at email@example.com
A word from Presidio Social Club
Serving up a classic Northern California vibe, attentive hospitality, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu, San Francisco’s iconic Presidio Social Club is open every day for all your social gatherings. Nestled within the beautiful Presidio National Park, PSC is at once an inviting urban oasis and a lively destination fit for an intimate dinner for two or a celebratory venue for large groups. Erected in 1903 as a military barracks, the historical building has been converted into a modern eatery sure to put anyone “at-ease” featuring contemporary twists on San Francisco staples and artfully crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Presidio Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)great for brunch (75)great for lunch (71)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (63)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (47)scenic view (37)vibrant bar scene (36)kid-friendly (35)romantic (23)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)late-night find (5)Show More
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014None of the staff were attentive. Had to ask the waiter twice to take our order. Had to ask for a drink. Kale salad was very good, burger was decent, but poor service ruined our birthday lunch on 8/17.Special Features:
- Great all around placeYumYumDined on 8/16/2014The food is diner-plus greats in a semi upscale environment in a wonderful location in the SFs Presidio, a decommissioned military base that is being transformed into a tremendous recreational asset. The food is getting better but you come for the comfortable atmosphere, a great bar, and nice open spaces. Also parking is easy. You can bring kids and come on a date. All feel welcomed and comfortable because the space is well layed out for everyone to enjoy. Might be called polished rustic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid on all accountsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Interesting menu, nice ambience, great service. Location in the Presidio is fine for before or after walk,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presidio Social ClubMichaelVIPDined on 8/11/2014A low key place that is great for any meal of the day with high quality (tasting) ingredients and service to match. We went back for a lunch after the initial Brunch with family. Very relaxing a enjoyable.Special Features:
- Slipping into dullnessHayiiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Shown to our table by a rather unfriendly hostess who was cold as ice. We first noticed soiled bread plates and silverware. Started with a vegetable antipasto which for 513.50 was barely enough for one person and was just tasteless and seemed to have been refrigerated a bit too long. Cocktails were good. Very limited wine selections. The whole roasted trout however was quite good and fresh. Nice crispy exterior and perfectly cooked but lots of bones to deal with. The Meatloaf entree was just ok.The Beignets for dessert were nothing special. This place seems to have become for of a tourist destination and that's what they seem to cater to.Special Features:
- A great way to grab a bitelowerthirdDined on 8/4/2014Presidio Social Club is a new favorite. Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere. The staples like meat loaf and pork chops are just what I need sometimes and PSC doesn't disappoint. There is one item that's off the menu - but trust me, it's worth the $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem of a spot in SF!mpapayawashereDined on 8/4/2014A great spot for catching up with friends or meeting up with writing buddies or hooking up with someone special! Food/drinks/service divine all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere/ Historic SettingCSdinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Situated in an old army barracks with an upbeat feel, lively bar, and a comfort food menu. This works for almost everyone including children, who are very welcome. The mac and cheese and the meat loaf have been on the menu ever since this place opened - great to have them as staples. Can get very noisy later in the evening as the bar fills up and large parties come in. Go early for a quieter dinner or eat outside if the weather permits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014We have been to the PSC about four times and will probably return. The location is great as we live in the North Bay and there is always FREE parking--a huge plus in San Francisco. The food is above average but we find it's a bit pricey for what one gets, e.g, two deviled eggs with a few caviar row at $5.00/piece--NOT. Also, the menu is somewhat limited. It would be great if you could add one or two more items to the Startes and as well as to Entres. Your cocktails are creative and good but again, a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Always a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014We've always had excellent meals and good service here.Special Features:
- consistentmandmDined on 7/17/2014a favorite,next time will be as good as last time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Slow ServiceSimoneDined on 7/16/2014We decided on PSC as it had been on our restaurant list for a few months. We had heard great reviews of the food, and were excited to try it out. Upon arriving (with a reservation), we were met by an empty host desk. 5 minutes later, a hostess emerged from the kitchen to seat us. We had a great table, with a moderate noise level, and sat there for at least 5 minutes until a server arrived with menus. He then reviewed the specials, and gave us time to think about our choices. He did not bring water nor ask for our drink order until at least ten minutes later. Eventually, our food arrived (about an hour into us being there). The burger and roasted chicken were wonderful, we just had a lackluster server and may not return if that is normal.Special Features:
- First time at Presidio Social ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, the service was good by a bit slow. I will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceOptimusDinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014Enjoyed the restaurant - excellent service! The food was good - We ordered the special linguini and clams (a little dry but still very good) and meatloaf which turned out to be amazing - still can't figure out what was in that wonderful sauce, the mashed potatoes were smooth and creamy and the green beans were cooked to perfection. My butter lettuce salad was almost the whole head of lettuce, no kidding, and the dressing was to die for. I had the beignets for dessert and ate all 4 of them - left way too stuffed but the food was so-o-o good. The wine list was so-so but the wait staff was very attentive and really made it a great dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014Birthday dinner was festive with my favorite table request met great food and service and candles on dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2014Our waiter,Mark, was terrific. He made our brunch so enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with our PupsHungryBearDined on 6/29/2014The PSC is very hospitable to dogs visiting on the back patio. It's a great spot to go before or after a romp at Crissy Field. ALL Good!Special Features:
- AddieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Too loud!!!!!! Never again for dinner. Lunch okay. Good kale salad.
- MUCH TOO LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/26/2014The food was very good, and large portions as well, the service was polite and efficient (when we could hear the waitress through breaks in the din), but, that said, it is doubtful that we will ever go back again, at least, for dinner. The volume of noise was beyond belief and really spoiled what was a nice dinner. I don't want to have to shout at my table mates while we are eating, but that was what we had to do for almost the whole meal. Lunch or brunch yes, but definitely not for dinner.Special Features:
- LESS IS MORE!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/23/2014JUST WISH THEY WOULD HAVE A MORE EXTENSIVE AND LESS EXPENSIVE MENUSpecial Features:
- Presidio diningSonomalocalDined on 6/22/2014Presidio social club is a nice spot to relax with lunch or dinner. Nothing is outstanding but good all around.Special Features:
- Very nice experience.NewAlbionOmnivoreDined on 6/22/2014Our first visit to PSC was very nice overall. We requested and were given a table by the window in the rear of the restaurant. The waiter was friendly and helpful but after welcoming us and before taking drink orders he disappeared for several minutes. He returned apologized for being late and took our drink orders and then disappeared again for several more minutes and again it took awhile to get our food orders. The food (American comfort food) arrived promptly and was perfectly done and quite tasty. The wines were also very nice. Overall a very good experience although a bit frustrating as we waited for our orders. I suspect the waiter was simply trying to cover too many tables that night. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding every timeMurRoeDined on 6/21/2014I am always pleasantly reminded of just how good the food is there everytime I go. It is just outstanding every single time. The selection is not large, however, there is something for all tastes. And no matter what you select, it is just excellent. The chef puts a slightly different spin on the dishes and what I think sounds "interesting" turns out every time to be simply outstanding.Special Features:
- Good place in the PresidiodinerdeliteVIPDined on 6/16/2014We would recommend the PSC, if you are in the Presidio, or at that end of S F, however there are so many choices in this city that exceed the quality, it's hard to get excited about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceSFFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/16/2014We met here for lunch with 3 friends. The hostess didn't know that 1 was seated so we waited at the front until our friend came out and got us. Our waitress was very slow, and forgot to bring the side of peas. We asked a busboy for them later. The waitress did not apologize. All three of us had the chicken salad on arugula. The arugula was not trimmed and it was impossible to take a bite of the salad without getting arugula stems all over your face. There was also very little chicken in the salad. There was a group of 4 women next to us who were showing videos on an iPad with the sound turned up very high for the first 15 minutes of our meal. I felt that the restaurant should have asked them to lower the volume.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, delicious food!SFDinerDined on 6/13/2014I was very impressed with PSC. I'd read mixed reviews on Yelp but decided to go for it anyway; so happy we did. 1. The service was fantastic. Our waiter was sweet, knowledgeable, witty, and paid close attention to us. He gave great recommendations and we had a LOT of questions which he not only answered, but also gave us an opinion without being pushy. 2. The cocktails were great. They have many unique & inventive cocktails but are also great at making the good 'ole standbys. 3. The food was great. The menu appears simple, but everything was done so well. 4. Cool building! That simple, old militaristic style is very charming. My only complaint was some noisy kids who were running around, but that wasn't the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Special LunchCelebrateOftenDined on 6/12/2014It was a very busy time with celebrations etc. However, we enjoyed our time here, food excellent, service, drinks the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighborhood RestaurantSanFranciscoSueDined on 6/11/2014This is our "go to" restaurant because the food is quite food and the service is impeccable. If you are young and want to meet and greet, there is a great community table and the bar is active. If you want a quiet table for a foursome, they can accomodate that too (but do go early because the atmosphere heats up after 7) The menu is eclectic featuring old standbys as well as innovative additions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aggressively Mediocre Food, ServicechlaDined on 6/8/2014We only had one choice for a Sunday-night dinner in the Presidio because The Commissary is still in soft-opening phase, so we tried this place against the recommendation of several recent Yelpers. Total disappointment. About the only thing we liked was the nice view of the LucasFilm campus. Our Sunday night "whole pig" special was pork served three different ways, all of them dry and tough. The noise level was deafening. Our server's interest in us evaporated when we waved off the wine menu, and it was like pulling teeth to get her attention even as she fawned over the larger parties on either side of us.
- PSC is listeningDivieDined on 6/8/2014The complaining maybe working and I think PSC is listening to our reviews because I must note a remarkable change in the level of service there. Today's brunch was an absolute pleasure. The hostesses were lovely both when they greeted us as well as when we were escorted to our table. Before we were seated outside, we waited at the bar for about fifteen minutes and the bartenders were friendly, prompt, and observant - and mixed a mean Bloody Mary. Once we were seated at our table our waiter was friendly, quick, and keenly aware of the menu. It really was a pleasure to be there today - thank you Presidio Social Club for a delicious meal and a great overall experience. Keep it up!Special Features:
- First VisitJustTDined on 6/7/2014We live in the neighborhood and had heard good reviews from friends. First visit with another couple was lovely. Great service; food fresh and homemade; view lovely and all was relaxing for our brunch. We will go back.Special Features:
- You're Not in the Mess HallCream2puffVIPDined on 6/4/2014Thought goes into the preparation and presentation of imaginative plates.Special Features:
- LovesFoodVIPDined on 6/3/2014Service was great, relaxed but attentive. Many items on the menu that I would like to come back and try. I will say the desserts were AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so hotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/3/2014Had a great dinner there but lunch was a disappointment. The liver was grilled which was all wrong
- Worth a visiteagleeyeVIPDined on 6/1/2014There are not a lot of restaurant options in the presidio, but the Social Club is a good one. The special entres and desserts were particularly interesting the night we went there.Special Features:
- A Great Setting for BrunchnanaofaidanandoliviaDined on 6/1/2014It was a beautiful - sunny afternoon and the patio dining area was perfect for a leisurely brunch. The food was well prepared - we especially enjoyed the chicken noodle soup and the avocado shrimp salad, but the cheese toast with tomato sauce were good as well. Lots of pooches on the patio and the wait staff were particularly attentive to the canine visitors. All in all an enjoyable experience. I love the Presidio.Special Features:
- terrible service mediocre foodscottDined on 5/31/2014Already reviewed on yelp so won't bother with all the details here suffice to say we waited 35 minutes before getting our first drink for brunchand the restaurant was about half full. Food was memorably mediocre. I would not wish any friend to waste their time and money on this place.
- Consistently goodRayOnBayDined on 5/31/2014Been to PSC several times. Food is always inventive and delicious, and the service attentive and knowledgable. We also love the location and the way this old military building has been modernized and renovated.Special Features:
- Sit at the barGNOHeadmasterVIPDined on 5/28/2014Given attitude when I asked if I could sit before my friend arrived. Begrudgingly seated, all the way in the back, in a cramped spot between 2 small seated tables, when there was plenty of room & other tables to sit at. Not just cramped, but it was in the "kids corner" w/a screaming baby. I waited for about 5 minutes & when unacknowledged by any waitstaff, walked back to the front where my friend was looking for me, as the hostess(es) did not show her to our table. Ended up sitting at the bar & were given EXEMPLARY service by Stuart the bartender. The food was great, the cocktails and wine excellent, too. I'll never eat at the restaurant of PSC again but I'd happily sit & have dinner & drinks with Stuart taking care of me.
- Very Successful Celebratory DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 8 and were easily accommodated with an advance reservation. The food was great to excellent and everyone enjoyed their dishes and cocktails. Though the service was not at 100% (slow and sometimes disorganized), we'll definitely be back. Thanks for another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.