Presidio Social Club
563 Ruger St.
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Presidio Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.presidiosocialclub.com/
- Phone: (415) 885-1888
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- Friday 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wesley Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Presidio Social Club offers events, meeting space, and cocktail receptions in our private dining room, patio, or full buyouts of the restaurant. Please see our website for additional details, http://presidiosocialclub.com/special-events/ or contact our special events manager at email@example.com
A word from Presidio Social Club
Serving up a classic Northern California vibe, attentive hospitality, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu, San Francisco’s iconic Presidio Social Club is open every day for all your social gatherings. Nestled within the beautiful Presidio National Park, PSC is at once an inviting urban oasis and a lively destination fit for an intimate dinner for two or a celebratory venue for large groups. Erected in 1903 as a military barracks, the historical building has been converted into a modern eatery sure to put anyone “at-ease” featuring contemporary twists on San Francisco staples and artfully crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Presidio Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)great for lunch (73)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (65)great for brunch (62)great for outdoor dining (46)vibrant bar scene (38)special occasion (37)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (29)scenic view (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (12)late-night find (5)Show More
- Not our kind of placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/23/2014We went for brunch. It was our first time at the restaurant and we were surprised that it was dominated by large tables, with 95% of the people between 30 and 40 years old. I had rarely seen a restaurant where the clientele was so homogeneous. My husband's Saigon cheese melt was fairly good (it's hard to lose with pork belly). I had the Chilequilas and they were pretty bad, way too much tomatillo sauce and virtually no eggs which I wouldn't have been able to taste since they were smothered in thick sauce. The room was really loud, and since we were surrounded with tables of 8 or more, it was difficult to talk. But it looked as if everyone was having a great time. Just not us. Since the food was not that compelling, we probably won't be back even though it's an easy walk from our place.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchlocalDined on 11/18/2014Pleasant place for lunch. The service was fantastic and the food delicious and we could have a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presidio Social ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2014We had brunch this past Sunday. We have been to Presidio Social Club before and have had very good experiences. This Sunday though, something was off. The service was very slow and nothing, not the coffee, not the water for my tea (I asked for a new pot and 2nd one came back lukewarm as well), none of the food came to us piping hot. It was all lukewarm. Which is a bummer because the food at Presidio Social Club is very good. It all tasted great but it just wasn't hot. The only time that worked in our favor was it meant the hot chocolate for my 6 year old daughter came out at the right temperature. I don't know if there was timing issue in the kitchen or if our server just wasn't bringing the food out quick enough.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunchAngieMDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed our 28th wedding anniversary lunch at the Presidio Social Club. Staff is very friendly. Food was great accompanied with a couple of bellinos. We would defenitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delivered just what we needed - as always.JanetVIPDined on 11/15/2014Whenever I go to PSC I have a good experience. The food is always delicious but not overly fussy - and you get to enjoy the taste of the food, not just salt/butter to make it tastier! Great service and friendly, relaxed environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noname14Dined on 11/13/2014the food was okay but the atmosphere and ambiance deserves better. The bar drink was good but the drinks ordered at the table were watered down. One was sent back and one was left untouched after the first sip.
- AlexDined on 11/12/2014We had a mini reunion of old friends from out of the area. Parking is easy. Food was good, service was excellent but it was really noisy for a Wednesday night so a little hard to converse even in a corner table. Might try the patio another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieboyDined on 11/11/2014Very good food and excellent service made this a very special luncheon for a friend! I have been many times to this restaurant, and always am happy with the results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reuse of this former Army Base spaceLadyDinerDined on 11/11/2014I always enjoy the simple, yet elegant selections on the menu at Presidio Social Club. The meatloaf sandwich, macaroni & cheese and the daily fish specials are among my favorites. The deserts are a treat and they feature some lovely non-alcoholic beverage selections. I enjoy the history of the facility and the photos of a bygone era that help make the visit even more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere, cocktails & good eatsRFrazier69VIPDined on 11/8/2014This hip brunch/lunch spot on the Presidio has a great atmosphere, excellent cocktails and a great selection of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peaterVIPDined on 11/7/2014Solid all-American cuisine in an upbeat, casual but nice dining room!
- Not what I had in mindLilianeDined on 11/6/2014Disappointed but location made up for lack of punch in food. Potential for improvement!Special Features:
- good and steadyrungirlsfDined on 11/3/2014chicken noodle soup was fantastic. so was the burrata with squash. my friend wanted dressing on the side for the kale...wasn't done. it's good...easy place to go.
- Another great evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This is one of my favourite places to eat in San Francisco. Great atmosphere and fabulous food make me come back again and again to the Presidio Social Club.Special Features:
- Great food/ Not so good serviceFScottDined on 10/31/2014Have been to Presidio Social Club a few times in past 3 months. I go back because the food is excellent, but must say each & every time the service has been subpar. From the hostess being borderline rude, to the server completely forgetting to take order, or a very long food wait, there is always an eternal wait to get a drink, even if it's a simple Arnold Palmer. Loud main dining hall, though room on the side is a bit more civilized. Not sure I will go back again, as there are so many other SF gems to explore. Service at the end of the day will keep customers coming back in a foodie town like SF.Special Features:
- MEH.Petunia123VIPDined on 10/30/2014Meh dining room - although we were seated in the annex - along with ALL the other groups of women diners (and one family with 2 screaming children). Hmmmmmmm. The main dining room was much nicer, but seemed reserved for older couples. The dinner menu isn't very inspired, but the steak was cooked very well, and the cocktails were OK. Service was very nice.Special Features:
- food was mediocre and expensiveldsgDined on 10/30/2014I would not recommend although service was excellent. It was not good value for the money.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014We really enjoyed a lovely dinner and fantastic service for a Sunday special dinner! Thanks for a lovely experience PSC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Always bustling. Interesting menu great for special occasions or a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisasterjonathonstoneVIPDined on 10/19/2014We've eaten several times at PSC. Generally, it's been pretty good experience though inconsistent. The October 19 dinner was awful.A few reasons: a surly, hostile, uncaring server. She was either unhappy or angry, When she first came to the table and said hello, I said in a very nice way, "I remember you." Which I had. She stared at me and the other 3 people looked at each other and wondered what was going through her mind. The food was awful.My wife had the steak liver that was not edible. I had the hamburger, awful, had requested it rare but was close to medium. Instead of french fries, I asked to substitute a vegetable,I ordered peas ($2 extra."Restaurant policy." Turned out to be mashed peas. Inedible.Server never asked about the meal.
- Good overall, but a few issuesKInSFDined on 10/18/2014Food and drinks were great. Service was very good until the end, when they messed up the bill and failed to correctly distribute the cost among credit cards. Also, we were seated in a room with multiple birthday parties and a bachelorette party, which was too loud and interfered with our own birthday celebration. I will return assuming that these issues aren't a regular occurrence...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal at the clubhillyDined on 10/13/2014great service. lovely location. unique menu. made a meal with family mostly bearable ;-).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good expirienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is well located and has a good menu for fast meals,very good flavor and well related pricesSpecial Features:
- good food and serviceeatoutalotDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner and our sever was attentive. The room was noisy, and got noisier as the bar got busier. The room is all hard surfaces and this also makes it noisy. I would not go on a Saturday night again. The meat loaf was too peppery and the peas were minted which covered the natural flavor. The desserts were good especially the ice cream sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchieDined on 10/11/2014Was here for brunch: It's a fun preppy/club atmosphere in a good location, with very polite staff, good drinks, and great baked goods especially; the food is pretty good, but not amazing and kind of small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSfdineVIPDined on 10/5/2014We dined at PSC with our three kids for my bday. We had a reservation but were made to wait for about 15-20 minutes after our arrival as the table the host had chosen for us was still in use. With three young kids, the least the host could have done would have been to either find another table or provide a complimentary appetizer while we were standing around. Perhaps a drink for me and my husband. Nothing was offered. The attitude was very much "too bad...the table is still in use." Once we were seated with three starving kids, slow slow service. Food was fine. No attempt on the part of staff to make up for the long wait for the table.
- Cute place for brunchjuliecampDined on 10/5/2014We'd been wanting to go here for a while and I'm glad we finally made it. The beignets were fantastic, just like everyone says. Brunch was good. Maybe a tad on the pricey side, but the portions were reasonable and ingredients were high quality. French Toast was a hit at the table. Very straightforward, nothing too fancy, but delicious. Croque Madame was also really good. Not too greasy or heavy like many often are. We'd go back. A really comfortable place for a relaxing Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- veg8tableveg8tableVIPDined on 10/4/2014Noisy, do not expect a quiet dinner here. In fact, do not expect to talk with your dinner companion as you will not hear them..Special Features:
- great location in the PresidioFoodloverDined on 9/28/2014Presidio Social Club fits right into the Spanish architecture of the Presidio. It's in the old men's barracks building, but it never looked like this with beautiful woodwork throughout. We went for brunch and first sat at the very nice friendly bar for mimosas. Once our party of 4 was seated at the table we ordered beignets with a delicious salted caramel sauce. They were so good, we ordered two. The menu had some nice eggs dishes, salads, and sandwiches, all reasonably priced. There's a cute porch and I just wish there was some outdoor seating available. But a great place in the Presidio.Special Features:
- You must try them outmikegDined on 9/27/2014Once you have eaten here, you'll call it you go to comfortable place, and return many times.. its just about perfect for a local gem.Special Features:
- Slow service, disappointmentmissm112VIPDined on 9/27/2014We waited for almost 15 minutes before anyone came to our table, ordered drinks, and then waited another 15 minutes before the drinks came out and our food order was taken. No mention of this from the server either--sometimes just acknowledging the wait makes it better, but the whole meal had a weird flow and was a bit of a disappointment.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!RbmaryDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed the brunch here on the weekend. Great food, great coffee, really cool atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/25/2014Loved the kale salad! Husband devoured the pork chop. Great food + fun vibe + easy parking makes this place a winner.Special Features:
- As good as alwaysJanetVIPDined on 9/22/2014I always have a good experience at The Presidio Social Club - that's why I keep going back. Great service, the food is delicious and not over-complicated, the atmosphere is high energy but I can still hear the people at my table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute concept, experience fell shortge8moodVIPDined on 9/21/2014This place has a great concept and decor. I was excited to try it for brunch while on vacation in the area. The menu items sounded delicious but the actual food was not great. The beignets were blah, nothing special. The other dishes were similarly boring. The only stand-out was the white peach lemonade. Yum! Food needs more flavor. Service was ok, but, again, nothing special.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!NapaLiniVIPDined on 9/16/2014We love the ambiance of the historic building and setting in the Presidio. Plus parking is free and always available! We had a terrific waitperson, and the food choices are always delicious and varied.Special Features:
- consistently wonderfulSucculentSpoonfulDined on 9/12/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience! Our drinks at the bar were fantastic and our entire dinner service was exceptional!Special Features:
- funJosiDined on 9/8/2014Good service and delicious hamburgers! How about offering free of charge salad instead of potatoes?Special Features:
- Lady Somerset Reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 9/4/2014The General Manager of the last 2-years, Maureen Sullivan, has made this restaurant a "must go" place to eat, not only in The Presidio but in San Francisco. Good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOutandaboutDined on 8/29/2014We usually eat at the bar and always have a great experience. This time we ate in the dining room and our server fell off the planet. It started out fine, but mid way through our meal, she all but disappeared. We literally waited 20 minutes at the end of our meal for her to show up and then another 15 minutes for her to bring our check. I'm hoping it was just an off night, but I think I'll stick to eating at the bar. The food is generally good, but we shared the meatloaf and it was slightly burned and dried out. It's been a while since we've been to the restaurant so I hope this was just a bad night overall and not a sign of change. We'll give it another try because it's always been one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.