Presidio Social Club
563 Ruger St.
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Presidio Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.presidiosocialclub.com/
- Phone: 4158851888
- Hours of Operation:
Mon- Friday 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wesley Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Presidio Social Club offers events, meeting space, and cocktail receptions in our private dining room, patio, or full buyouts of the restaurant. Please see our website for additional details, http://presidiosocialclub.com/special-events/ or contact our special events manager at email@example.com
A word from Presidio Social Club
Serving up a classic Northern California vibe, attentive hospitality, and a locally sourced, seasonal menu, San Francisco’s iconic Presidio Social Club is open every day for all your social gatherings. Nestled within the beautiful Presidio National Park, PSC is at once an inviting urban oasis and a lively destination fit for an intimate dinner for two or a celebratory venue for large groups. Erected in 1903 as a military barracks, the historical building has been converted into a modern eatery sure to put anyone “at-ease” featuring contemporary twists on San Francisco staples and artfully crafted cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Presidio Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (96)great for lunch (66)fit for foodies (65)great for brunch (61)good for groups (60)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (34)scenic view (29)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)Show More
- Good overall, but a few issuesKInSFDined on 10/18/2014Food and drinks were great. Service was very good until the end, when they messed up the bill and failed to correctly distribute the cost among credit cards. Also, we were seated in a room with multiple birthday parties and a bachelorette party, which was too loud and interfered with our own birthday celebration. I will return assuming that these issues aren't a regular occurrence...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal at the clubhillyDined on 10/13/2014great service. lovely location. unique menu. made a meal with family mostly bearable ;-).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good expirienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is well located and has a good menu for fast meals,very good flavor and well related pricesSpecial Features:
- good food and serviceeatoutalotDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner and our sever was attentive. The room was noisy, and got noisier as the bar got busier. The room is all hard surfaces and this also makes it noisy. I would not go on a Saturday night again. The meat loaf was too peppery and the peas were minted which covered the natural flavor. The desserts were good especially the ice cream sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchieDined on 10/11/2014Was here for brunch: It's a fun preppy/club atmosphere in a good location, with very polite staff, good drinks, and great baked goods especially; the food is pretty good, but not amazing and kind of small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSfdineVIPDined on 10/5/2014We dined at PSC with our three kids for my bday. We had a reservation but were made to wait for about 15-20 minutes after our arrival as the table the host had chosen for us was still in use. With three young kids, the least the host could have done would have been to either find another table or provide a complimentary appetizer while we were standing around. Perhaps a drink for me and my husband. Nothing was offered. The attitude was very much "too bad...the table is still in use." Once we were seated with three starving kids, slow slow service. Food was fine. No attempt on the part of staff to make up for the long wait for the table.
- Cute place for brunchjuliecampDined on 10/5/2014We'd been wanting to go here for a while and I'm glad we finally made it. The beignets were fantastic, just like everyone says. Brunch was good. Maybe a tad on the pricey side, but the portions were reasonable and ingredients were high quality. French Toast was a hit at the table. Very straightforward, nothing too fancy, but delicious. Croque Madame was also really good. Not too greasy or heavy like many often are. We'd go back. A really comfortable place for a relaxing Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- veg8tableveg8tableVIPDined on 10/4/2014Noisy, do not expect a quiet dinner here. In fact, do not expect to talk with your dinner companion as you will not hear them..Special Features:
- great location in the PresidioFoodloverDined on 9/28/2014Presidio Social Club fits right into the Spanish architecture of the Presidio. It's in the old men's barracks building, but it never looked like this with beautiful woodwork throughout. We went for brunch and first sat at the very nice friendly bar for mimosas. Once our party of 4 was seated at the table we ordered beignets with a delicious salted caramel sauce. They were so good, we ordered two. The menu had some nice eggs dishes, salads, and sandwiches, all reasonably priced. There's a cute porch and I just wish there was some outdoor seating available. But a great place in the Presidio.Special Features:
- You must try them outmikegDined on 9/27/2014Once you have eaten here, you'll call it you go to comfortable place, and return many times.. its just about perfect for a local gem.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!RbmaryDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed the brunch here on the weekend. Great food, great coffee, really cool atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/25/2014Loved the kale salad! Husband devoured the pork chop. Great food + fun vibe + easy parking makes this place a winner.Special Features:
- As good as alwaysJanetVIPDined on 9/22/2014I always have a good experience at The Presidio Social Club - that's why I keep going back. Great service, the food is delicious and not over-complicated, the atmosphere is high energy but I can still hear the people at my table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute concept, experience fell shortge8moodVIPDined on 9/21/2014This place has a great concept and decor. I was excited to try it for brunch while on vacation in the area. The menu items sounded delicious but the actual food was not great. The beignets were blah, nothing special. The other dishes were similarly boring. The only stand-out was the white peach lemonade. Yum! Food needs more flavor. Service was ok, but, again, nothing special.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!NapaLiniVIPDined on 9/16/2014We love the ambiance of the historic building and setting in the Presidio. Plus parking is free and always available! We had a terrific waitperson, and the food choices are always delicious and varied.Special Features:
- consistently wonderfulSucculentSpoonfulDined on 9/12/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience! Our drinks at the bar were fantastic and our entire dinner service was exceptional!Special Features:
- funJosiDined on 9/8/2014Good service and delicious hamburgers! How about offering free of charge salad instead of potatoes?Special Features:
- Lady Somerset Reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 9/4/2014The General Manager of the last 2-years, Maureen Sullivan, has made this restaurant a "must go" place to eat, not only in The Presidio but in San Francisco. Good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceOutandaboutDined on 8/29/2014We usually eat at the bar and always have a great experience. This time we ate in the dining room and our server fell off the planet. It started out fine, but mid way through our meal, she all but disappeared. We literally waited 20 minutes at the end of our meal for her to show up and then another 15 minutes for her to bring our check. I'm hoping it was just an off night, but I think I'll stick to eating at the bar. The food is generally good, but we shared the meatloaf and it was slightly burned and dried out. It's been a while since we've been to the restaurant so I hope this was just a bad night overall and not a sign of change. We'll give it another try because it's always been one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014quality of food, simple,fresh, and really well prepared (adore lack of fuss); superb bar blending, comfort and ease makes visits often repeated worth the effortSpecial Features:
- Trout DishjonathonstoneVIPDined on 8/28/2014Served and prepared beautifully as a whole trout. A tad too salty.
- A superb restaurantCowHollowGuyDined on 8/27/2014I discovered the Presidio Social Club a few years ago and it has become one of my few go-to San Francisco restaurants. The food is excellent, especially the daily fish specials and the large, juicy expertly cooked pork chop. Also, I recommend the macaroni and cheese and fries. The bar is congenial and the cocktails, beer, and wine of very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiscuitDined on 8/27/2014Waited 40 minutes for our main course. My entree was lukewarm and salty. My husband though his food was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014Loved it! First time there and it was for lunch. Will definitely return, I want to try both dinner and Brunch. Also want to try the outdoor area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014The service was horrible but the food was good. Will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuySDined on 8/26/2014Excellent compoft food+. Serves throughout the day. Easy parking. We come in from Marin and it's easy in and out before a show downtown.Special Features:
- Great place but screaming babyMobooDined on 8/24/2014I really like this place and the food is creative (e.g. clambake), but when you have dinner you don't want to pay close to $100 a person to be seated next to a screaming baby (why is it the parents seem deaf to the screams and unapologetic to their neighbors?). It's not fair to spend a lot of money and expect a good dining experience to have to sit next to a screaming baby.Special Features:
- PeterVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a good meal. We need to try it for dinner sometime soon though.Special Features:
- Great location shame about the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Nice to be able to book for brunch but the food was frankly very disappointing. Better option would be to head to Off the Grid with a blanket.
- Great, consistent spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Definitely add this to your list if your looking for a lovely brunch where you can enjoy not just the ambience, food, but most importantly the company. Great spot for brunch if you're interested in having a conversation with the folks you are going with. I love this place and will consistently come here and bring locals and out of towners to this place to try.Special Features:
- DiningDottieVIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was outstanding. We were sat off the main dining room in a room, with no ambiance - which is sad because the restaurant is so cute- with just us and a table with birthday. It would have been a much more fun and enjoyable dining experience had we been placed in the main room. We offered to wait for a table in the main room, but were told it wasn't available. Food was still excellent, but the first time diners I was with did not get the real Social Club experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former Gemstone Getting CloudyLetopcatDined on 8/20/2014I have LOVED this restaurant since its beginning days, but it is losing its luster. Menu has grown uninspired and my appetizer of Deviled Eggs had egg shells in each of the eggs we ate (though the waitress had it removed from the bill because each bite was spit out, we were too disgusted to reorder the item...I have a thing about egg shells in my mouth, much the same way people have about tinfoil in their mouth). Main courses were good but certainly not warranting the $30-$40 price tag. Time to shape things up before Social Club becomes antisocial.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJCjcVIPDined on 8/17/2014None of the staff were attentive. Had to ask the waiter twice to take our order. Had to ask for a drink. Kale salad was very good, burger was decent, but poor service ruined our birthday lunch on 8/17.Special Features:
- Great all around placeYumYumDined on 8/16/2014The food is diner-plus greats in a semi upscale environment in a wonderful location in the SFs Presidio, a decommissioned military base that is being transformed into a tremendous recreational asset. The food is getting better but you come for the comfortable atmosphere, a great bar, and nice open spaces. Also parking is easy. You can bring kids and come on a date. All feel welcomed and comfortable because the space is well layed out for everyone to enjoy. Might be called polished rustic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid on all accountsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Interesting menu, nice ambience, great service. Location in the Presidio is fine for before or after walk,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presidio Social ClubMichaelVIPDined on 8/11/2014A low key place that is great for any meal of the day with high quality (tasting) ingredients and service to match. We went back for a lunch after the initial Brunch with family. Very relaxing a enjoyable.Special Features:
- Slipping into dullnessHayiiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Shown to our table by a rather unfriendly hostess who was cold as ice. We first noticed soiled bread plates and silverware. Started with a vegetable antipasto which for 513.50 was barely enough for one person and was just tasteless and seemed to have been refrigerated a bit too long. Cocktails were good. Very limited wine selections. The whole roasted trout however was quite good and fresh. Nice crispy exterior and perfectly cooked but lots of bones to deal with. The Meatloaf entree was just ok.The Beignets for dessert were nothing special. This place seems to have become for of a tourist destination and that's what they seem to cater to.Special Features:
- A great way to grab a bitelowerthirdDined on 8/4/2014Presidio Social Club is a new favorite. Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere. The staples like meat loaf and pork chops are just what I need sometimes and PSC doesn't disappoint. There is one item that's off the menu - but trust me, it's worth the $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem of a spot in SF!mpapayawashereDined on 8/4/2014A great spot for catching up with friends or meeting up with writing buddies or hooking up with someone special! Food/drinks/service divine all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere/ Historic SettingCSdinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014Situated in an old army barracks with an upbeat feel, lively bar, and a comfort food menu. This works for almost everyone including children, who are very welcome. The mac and cheese and the meat loaf have been on the menu ever since this place opened - great to have them as staples. Can get very noisy later in the evening as the bar fills up and large parties come in. Go early for a quieter dinner or eat outside if the weather permits.Special Features: