Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course
300 Finley Rd
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://presidiocafe.com/
- Phone: 4155614600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Bar Menu: Daily: 3:00pm - 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday: Breakfast 7:00am - 11:00pm Brunch 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Californian
- Executive Chef: Emily Damon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Clubhouse at the Presidio Golf Course offers your next event the exclusivity and ambiance of a private club without the need for private membership. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with a level of service you deserve and is available to help you from start to finish. It is our goal to make the planning process as smooth as possible and the event your most successful and memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Michele Mattson 415-561-4661x207
- Special Events: Breakfast with Santa 9AM-12PM Family style breakfast served $20-Adult $8-Child Free-3 and under
A word from Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course
Built in the heart of the historic Presidio, the Café showcases a fresh, seasonal menu and sweeping golf course views. Conveniently located just 10 minutes from downtown, the Café offers a delicious alternative to city dining. The Presidio Café offers American comfort food with a California flair in a casual club environment. Start with our Clam Chowder or Artichoke Gratin, then enjoy one of our delicious sandwiches or entrees, including our famous Club Sandwich and Fresh Fish Tacos. Or enjoy one of our entree size lunch salads, including sesame Tuna and a Classic Cobb salad. The fully stocked bar offers an impressive array of the finest liquors, beers and wine with thirteen beers (with six on draft) and an international wine list with over twenty poured by the glass, including four on tap. We now have over seventy different whiskies from Four Roses Small Batch bourbon to Penderyn Welsh Whiskey to 18 year Talisker.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course - Best Restaurants in Presidio Heights ›
Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)scenic view (4)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014thank you. Good service. Noise grew louder over the noon hour, but was quiet at 11:30-12.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchFriscoGirlDined on 9/7/2014I usually go for Sunday Breakfast and never have to wait to be seated. This time I came with a group during the brunch menu, so made a reservation. Even though there were more people as the morning went on no one rushed us. We lingered from 11:30 until nearly 2 and enjoyed the food and each other's company. Good Food in a casual atmosphere. Afterward, we hung out in the small garden area and talked for another half hour. Beautiful start to the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adequateSFFresserVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had Saturday lunch. Limited and simple menu. Quiet and 4 of us were able to chat for several hours, Waitstaff (?Justin) could not have been more helpful or pleasant.
- Outside the City while in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014This is a lovely place to have lunch with friends with whom you may want to chat for a time. Good cocktails and food with outstanding service. Everyone enjoys it as it is doesn't feel like you're in the City but in a lovely forested setting.Special Features:
- DisappointmentRebeccanVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took out of town friends there for brunch...very disappointing brunch menu. Waitress seemed out of it. Brought two orders and not the other two...other people were served who had come in way after us. When I finally questioned her where the food was, she said there was a mistake. The food finally came after the two of us had already finished eating and it was very embarrassing. The other thing was there was no orange juice - the waitress said they had "run out" of it. We arrived at 11 a.m. so I was incredulous! In the end, the restaurant comped our meal and we left $10 on the table, but I would never go there again for brunch.Special Features:
- Disappointing!DIGBYDined on 8/1/2014I had a great lunch here about 2 years ago, but this week we found a different situation. The menu has shrunk and what they put out was poorly done. The Safeway Deli puts out a much better Chicken Salad Sandwich at half the price. The Calamari was like rubber and had to be sent back. I hole they can get their act together. I'll not be returning until they do.
- Eating outside SF while in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Lunch was good. The service was wonderful. It's one of those places that has a non-City feel while you are in SF. I ALWAYS enjoy it!Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Presidio Cafe - Presidio Golf Course reviews archive.
- Great for a burger but...SoleentreedisappointingDined on 6/20/2014Not a fan of sandwiches, the menu description of the sole tempted me to order it. I was disappointed in the small portion of potatoe something and very little flavor or texture of the fish. The fresh bread and service were good and my companions enjoyed their hamburgers immensely but obviously I ordered the wrong dish. I have enjoyed my meals here before and returned for the ambiance, but I would hope that every entree would be of equivalent quality and amount. Sorry, but I was disappointed on this visit. This dish was nothing special at all.Special Features:
- great turn aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2014Early days at the Presidio Cafe- at the golf course were problematic. Not very good food and a dark dining room. I can now applaud the management for a 180' turn around to an improved dining experience. Now it's a go to place for spontaneous lunch gatherings.Special Features:
- Easy ambienceGloriaDined on 5/26/2014Relaxed dining, no pressure to eat and run. Good atmoshere for visiting friends while lunching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchXObevDined on 5/23/2014We always love lunching here. Staff is excellent, feasibly priced, good menu choices, but they seem to allow adjustments. AND they have parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cloudy Day TreatlunchbunchDined on 5/19/2014Service was excellent, watchfully without hovering. The room is lovely with a beautiful fireplace taking the chill out of a cloudy day. The fish and chips were perfection according to my 2 companions--the fish light and very tasty. My salmon salad was just short of perfect as the roasted Brussels sprouts were hardly cooked. Excellent choice of beers to go with the dishes.Special Features:
- Out of the City while in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014Always excellent food. Service lagged as it was the day of Bay to Breakers and all of SF was confused.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a good choice for lunchwillgoagainDined on 5/12/2014The menu was limited and food quality average. Service was adequate and friendly. I enjoy its relax and pleasant environment.... to gather and chat. And you do not have to worry about parking or meter running overtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major Let Down on Mother's Day!AlobarVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was our third time going to the Presidio Cafe for Mother's Day brunch. The quality and quantity of the buffet was so poor that even our 11 and 6 year old children commented. The platters were mostly empty (and the food cold) and not replaced even though our reservation was for 12:15pm. My wife who had fond memories of previous Mother's Day brunches here was very let down. The service was deficient and patronizing. We will not be coming back to the Presidio Cafe. There are many brunch options in S.F. (on Mother's Day or otherwise) with better food and greater attention to detail.
- Lovely BrunchsandilunaDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brimcj. There was a nice variety and the food was delicious. Although it is sometimes difficult to maintain a buffet, it was done very well. I particularly enjoyed the perfectly cooked scrambled eggs and sausages. Lovely pastries, prime ribs, etc. I highly recommend The Presidio Cafe and will return for a non-holiday meal in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/4/2014Brunch at the Presidio Cafe was very good. We all tried something different on the menu and were pleased with our choices. The nice part is you can have breakfast food or lunch selections, so everyone is happy. (Unfortunately they had run out of one of the selections by the time we got there, but there was still plenty to choose from.) The wait staff makes every effort to please, although we sometimes had to ask for more water or for additional utensils - nothing major. The ambience is not extraordinary, although having the table by the fireplace was nice. There were several families with smaller children there that morning, so it was a little noisy. However, we were able to linger and visit at our corner table without being rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food is always good. I had the Skirt steak and asparagus - it was excellent. We always like to dine there when we go to one of the Fine Arts museums.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment on this visitluv2eatVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were surprised on our last trip to Presidio Cafe to find that they no longer serve their "golfers" specials such as the "Birdie." Hubby had the grilled chicken caesar wrap which was very good. Service was slow on this day and we had an appointment to get to. He ate half of the wrap and took the other half home. When he ate the other half at dinner, he found a very large flat bone attached to a piece of chicken! I called the restaurant about this incident the next day but did not receive a returned call. This is simply unacceptable!!
- The new menu is too limited.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2014The new menu is too limited. Too much beef, not enough salads
- Could be goodMaryDined on 3/16/2014This cafe has a scenic location and good be great but the food was awful. The menu is not hard to cook but it failed. The servers were new or just untrained. Could be Great. Think of all those people who want a good restaurant in a scenic spot. This cafe is missing the boat.Special Features:
- Bar food in nice settingDinerSFVIPDined on 3/15/2014Not really impressed as it was basically bar food at a golf course. To call it anything else would be false. Food was okay, service was courteous and nice, but it's still very basic.
- Friendly relaxedGloriaDined on 2/22/2014This is a great place to meet a friend for conversation and basic food. The coffee is strong and flavorful and the salads are tasty. Burgers are large. One is never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presidio Cafe is a place weBarbaraVIPDined on 2/14/2014Presidio Cafe is a place we like to go after going to the Fine Arts Museums. The food is always good, prices reasonable and the setting is very relaxing and warm.Special Features:
- Nice SpotJennyDined on 1/31/2014Had a lovely lunch, food excellent. Setting very nice and in summer would be wonderful for sitting outside on patio. Will go again for was pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Stunningly mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Comfortable, altogether too self-important for the reality of its utilitarian adequacy, its service is correct, inoffensive and coldly removed. Its food is precisely what one would expect at a golf course in the suburbs. If there's nothing in the slightest that is compelling, there is also nothing wrong with its "what you see is what you get" presentation. Regularity, the ability to get reservations, parking, and competently prepared, if pedestrian, food justify this restaurant's reliable second choice posture..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicoise Salad Lover!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2014Went to the Presidio Cafe for the first time. Get a parking stub from the Golf shop to display on your dash for 3 hours free parking. The dining room was quite full the day we went and too noisy for a business discussion so we asked to be seated on the patio at the back of the cafe overlooking the golf course, Beautiful view and perfect weather! The menu on the patio was not the full menu but the choices were good. We ordered the Nicoise Salad, Cesar Salad with Chicken and crab cakes. Scrumptious! Our server was very attentive and refilled our drinks consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parmariniteDined on 1/22/2014There appears to be inconsistency in the kitchen that requires immediate attention. The presentation was not professional. The pieces of my nicoise salad were so huge that I used a steak knife to cut it. The dressing was watery and tasteless.The ahi Tuna portions were small. Other diner guests had similar reactions. The same diners were there in October and the experience could not have been more different. Please give us a reason to want to come back again.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR GROUPS AS WELL ASMERCIDined on 1/21/2014GREAT FOR GROUPS AS WELL AS A SPECIAL OCCASION WITH A FRI END. I HAVE BEEN COMING HERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. T HE WAITERS ARE ALL SUPER NICE AND FUN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- presidio cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014this is a warm, inviting place to go for lunch. the atmosphere is very relaxing & scenic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Presidio Cafe was suchBarbaraVIPDined on 1/9/2014The Presidio Cafe was such a perfect find! Now, whenever we go to one of the museums in SF, we always make reservations at the Presidio Cafe, The setting is in a beautiful location, and the dining room is very comfortable. You feel like your in a mountain lodge. The food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre.Live2EatVIPDined on 12/19/20131st person to the table (water boy?) did not smile or speak and definitely needed a shave. Absent server-never filled the wine, didn't notice uneaten sandwich, eager to leave. Sandwiches were sloppy and we're missing ingredients. Expected a lot more from a "country club" Decent wine list. Friendly host.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingBroseVIPDined on 12/13/2013The lunch choices are ordinary and the execution is underwhelming. Cobb salad had very little chicken and the small cubes tasted processes rather than cut from a real chicken breast. No bread was offered to accompany our salads. For the price you can get much better quality at many other spots. Other than convenient parking this restaurant needs to up its game to attract anyone other than the folders for lunch.
- Consistently great - food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/12/2013Great service, I must say -- and a lovely setting for a quiet catch up lunch with a friend. It's a wonderfully modern take on the country club, with better food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Presidio Cafe is still oneOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/18/2013Presidio Cafe is still one of my favorite places for lunch (or brunch), and they still make one of the best Cobb Salads in town. They have been working on the menu in recent months, and it seems like they have finally tweaked it to their satisfaction. The daily special menu seems more sparse than before, but it still offers good options and the main lunch menu more than makes up for it with a generous number of options in all categories. There is not a lot of ambience (unless you get seated near the fireplace) and the conversation around can get a little loud depending on the number of people. However, it is a great place to connect for lunch and enjoy a meal and good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad SpecialAREGULARDined on 11/17/2013We love this place for a gathering of friends from North and South and come regularly during the year. It is casual and comfortable and their meals have always been excellent. However, we did not have a good food experience on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013I chose this restaurant because it was at top 10 lunch list of open table. Now I am very very curious why did you put it on your list. I learned not to trust to lists of open table. I am going to use open table only for reservations.
- Thank You U.S. ArmyCapitalistVIPDined on 11/7/2013this gem of a restaurant is on the former Presidio Army Base; the location, the excellent food, the friendly waiters, the parking - everything is perfect; only wish it were open in the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterWillyDined on 10/27/2013Our waiter, whose name was Igor, was great. The food is tasty and plentiful, the prices are good. Parking is good, with no meters. This will be our regular spot.Special Features:
- The Cobb Salad is not offeredfoodie4youDined on 10/20/2013The Cobb Salad is not offered on the Sunday menu...very dissappointing. I pointed out it was on the Pub menu, but waiter said no it's not available. So opted for the Caeser with shrimp. Had to ask for bread. Our dessert, cheesecake, was terrible. It came with one strawberry; however, it was supposed to come with raspberry sauce. No explanations were given. Even the sauce couldn't have rescued the cheesecake. I come for the Cobb Salad, so when it is not offered, I am very disappointed. I'll just remember not to come on Sundays till 2 p.m.. We came at 1 p.m. If I had wanted to wait until 2 p.m., I could have ordered the Cobb Salad thenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.