Prego Ristorante - Irvine
18420 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Prego Ristorante - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pregoristoranti.com/
- Phone: (949) 553-1333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am to 2:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ugo Allesina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: LET PREGO RISTORANTE CATER YOUR NEXT EVENT
Prego Ristorante has taken exquisite food, attention to detail, and gracious service and extended it to a sophisticated catering operation. Capable of accommodating large parties and perfect for intimate gatherings or smaller parties, Prego invites you to allow our experienced staff to assist you in creating your next memorable event.
A word from Prego Ristorante - Irvine
Adding a splash of Mediterranean color to California, Prego's ambiance blends the warmth and rustic charm of old-world Italy with the electricity and vibrancy of a cosmopolitan restaurant. Lively exhibition kitchens allow diners to view the artful chefs creating delicious dishes. Our restaurant seats up to 250 guests with al fresco. Prego features a full bar and offers banquet and catering services. The menu at Prego emphasizes regional Italian cuisine, featuring authentic pizza baked in a wood-fired oven, freshly made pastas, grilled fresh fish, spit-roasted meats and fowl, and an extensive list of wines from Italy and California that will please even the most discriminating wine connoisseur. Our homemade desserts and pastries make a perfect ending to an unforgettable dining experience. Prego has received fine-dining awards from the Restaurant Writers' Association and the Wine and Food Society of Southern California. It has been a culinary destination for over two decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prego Ristorante - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)special occasion (17)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ahi Salad looked nice but the fish was a bit chewyMarcoVIPDined on 11/17/2014I have not eaten at Prego in years but was looking forward to lunch there. The dining room was a bit dark for daytime. Screens were down to shield the sun.... The portions looked big which is why I opted for the salad. My companion enjoyed his pasta.
- Pregos is so Awesome!SharigDined on 11/7/2014The food was excellent along with the best service ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably goodLeeB13VIPDined on 11/4/2014I travel to Orange County a few times a year and always make a stop at Prego for dinner. Delicious seafood dishes and the occasional ossobucco special keep me coming back, whether it's a business dinner, or solo at the bar where there's always someone interesting to talk to while Dennis and Erika take excellent care of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- somethingnewVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great service. Best dish on the menu....tagliatelli....(Aruulla beef) and the lobster ravioli...we also had an Italian meat sampler for one...reminded us of being in Italy last month. Instead of the ravioli my husband wanted to be different and ordered some sausage thing with large pennant pasta....ewww....never again....salty, not good. Get the lobster. We've gone here for almost 30 years. Not as good as before, but still a nice place to go.Special Features:
- Good food competent serviceolddrjDined on 10/21/2014Very friendly accommodating staff. Parking a bit congested but not a big deal. Will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time at Prego!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant! I had won a $100 giftcard in a contest, so a female friend & I went on Sunday morning. We had EXCELLENT service!! I actually thought the lasagna needed more cheese & especially ricotta lol..But, I still enjoyed the entree. I also think the dessert we got should not have been described as 'cake' considering it was more like pie..and had no cake consistency. Also, the asparagus appetizer was good, but I would have liked my asparagus grilled a little more! I also wasn't a fan of the crispy little breadsticks, but loved the soft/crisp garlic bread! I still enjoyed it & you can't beat a free meal!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We were looking forward to a great meal with family. Unfortunately we were seated next to a private room which turned into a wedding party with screams and blasting dance music. If the owner cared about customers, we would have been advised prior to seating at the very least. As it was, we dropped $300 on dinner and had to leave prior to desert. Extremely disappointed in the entire experience.
- Birthday CelebrationRobarooDined on 10/10/2014Our three couple birthday group enjoyed a fine dinner. The veal marsala is excellent and do not be afraid to request a pasta with a sauce of your choice to replace the the accompanying potato on the menu. The meat sauce BTW is a good choice. The gnocchi was another favored selection at our table. Take advantage of the $15 corkage fee if you have a personal bottle of wine you wish to share. There is, however, a one bottle limit per table, but the wine list is good and fairly priced should you desire additional vino. Both the wait and kitchen staff were outstanding and participated in the enjoyment of our birthday celebration.Special Features:
- MamacitaDined on 10/5/2014Prego is a lovely house. Beautifully designed. Both our waiter and our back staff were just excellent. The food, however, was a bit disappointing. Although the shared calamari was light and tender, an octopus salad tasty and tender, the caesar salads were quite ordinary, the spinach salad somewhat overdressed. The veal scallopini was quite nice. Both the eggplant parm and the seafood pasta dish were made with such an ordinary, overly bright tomato sauce which had been abundantly tossed into the pastas. I truly love tomato sauce, but this became overwhelming at some point. I've had better in little, inexpensive spaghetti houses.Special Features:
- ajfergVIPDined on 9/25/2014best local italian spot in OC! Food and service never miss! great for families or a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venuePregoDined on 8/22/2014This is a good stand-by for me anytime I want to take a client to lunch somewhere a little nicer. The service is always great, it's easy to get in last minute, and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreadful dinnerGrahamDined on 8/2/2014We had not been to Prego in a very long time and decided to try it out again. We will not be going back. 2 of our dinners were probably microwaved. The pizza was marginal. We couldn't eat our salads because they were literally dripping with dressing. The service was bad. There was a large, noisy party of 2 large tables seated in the main part of the dining room right next to us when they could have been seated in another room. The restaurant was not full and I can see why.
- Get Together with friendsRichVIPDined on 8/1/2014Quality of the food has gone down. Maybe they have a new chef or revised the menu, but it was not as good as before. Service was okay, but a bit slow. However, Prego's was accommodating and we all had a good time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Can always be assured of good food, and never have to worry about bringing a business associate or a good friend, any having an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Prego Ristorante - Irvine reviews archive.
- Continues to be a stand out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Been frequenting Prego for years. Recent experience this week for lunch continues the trend. Innovative Italian receipts, great professional servers and lovely setting all confirms your decision to dine in this fine establishment.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwayssomethingnewVIPDined on 7/19/2014Got there a little before closing, as usual. Fortunately, there were a few large parties still there so we did not feel as guilty as we probably should, and since we have been coming here for decades, the staff welcomed us in and treated us as old friends. Food great as always - had the arugala beef and lobster raviolis - never disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014I have always had an excellent experience at Prego and I have been going there for well over twenty years,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014This was disappointing. The special, filet of sole, was terrible. Mushy and tasteless. No acknowledgement of the birthday. Expensive.
- Good food and good serviceAndyMDined on 7/10/2014I almost always get the fusilli pasta and it does not disappoint. The sauce is not too heavy, but it is still delicious. The bread they serve with all meals is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prego RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I called the restaurant about 5 minutes after my reservation time of 12:30 to let them know that I was still in a meeting. Before I could say anything they put me on hold. I waited 5 minutes on hold and then hung up without being able to let them know I would not be able to make my lunch reservation.
- great food and servicedebstandDined on 6/21/2014Once again we enjoyed a great meal art Prego. The service was great and the wine list superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic....baxtersmomDined on 6/19/2014Love this restaurant. I have gone to Prego many times over the past 14 years and every time I feel a little transported. While it is a chain restaurant and attached to commercial buildings, once you are inside it does not feel that way. The decor is dark and cozy and their food is excellent. They make a mean margarita, too, which is of utmost importance :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously consistentCESFVIPDined on 6/12/2014Wonderful meal once again during a late evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experiencefoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014the service is always impeccable in this restaurant and the food consistently delicious. i love the extra touch of the warm bread with a tomato sauce dip, and of course italian breadsticks.Special Features:
- Lobster Ravioliswhite999Dined on 6/6/2014Lobster ravioli is always the best. Also, the garlic toast dipped in marinara sauce is a great way to start a meal.Special Features:
- Marginal expensive foodCrackerVIPDined on 6/3/2014As I was with a client, I didn't want to tell the waiter, but the $30 halibut plate lunch was marginal at best. Marginally warm, no flavor and $30 for lunch. Unfortunately the restaurant is in the complex I work and it is convenient, but they should work on the food!
- Nice placelittlecatDined on 6/1/2014We loved the atmosphere and the service. The decor was warm and inviting while the entire place looked well attended to. Our food was ordered and arrived in an prompt courteous manner. I would save this place for special occasions because it is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Terrible service. Waited on ourselves. What an embarrassment to our guests.
- It was great!!KateDined on 5/31/2014Saw some negative comments about the restaurant from other review site, but actually it was great!! Our server was friendly. Food was good, not extraordinary, but it was good.Special Features:
- Beautiful and great servicePamelaDined on 5/28/2014The food is wonderful and the ambience is perfect to relax after a hard day of work.Special Features:
- Good Experience at PregoAgent314Dined on 5/23/2014We had not been to Prego in like 10 years, maybe. We went on a Friday night. It's a big restaurant, it was moderately busy but we got a very nice booth away from the more crowded area. Either would have been fine. The service was excellent. Top notch waiters with great sense of humor. The food was very good... my only disappointment was the ceasar salad... which unfortunately just did not have a lot of flavor... mostly tasted like lettuce... but that may have been an anomaly. I would try it again with a request for more of something. Banana chocolate cake was terrific. Best of all, however, they really know how to make a great Ketel One Dirty Martini... very smooth and just the right amount of dirt and a generous size. A good experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice BrunchLov2eatwellDined on 5/18/2014This was our first time for a Sunday Brunch. We previously had eaten dinner here, also a great experience. We were greeted promptly, including a salutation from the Chef, just beyond the receptionist. Nice ambiance, varied selections to order from the menu (all tantalizing). The food was served hot, was very tasty, and the champagne flowed. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, and the manager came by a few time to ensure we had everything we needed. We will make arrangements to return!Special Features:
- Pleasant Saturday BrunchDDDDineDined on 5/17/2014Uncrowded allowing for a leisurely brunch. In business area, so no view or other nearby activities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professor Mark LunchMarkDined on 5/16/2014Good lunch and restaurant, but started out poorly. Arrived on time with Open Table reservation and confirmation. Restaurant had no record of the reservation. They didn't seem to be supportive of Open Table at all....Special Features:
- Difficult to have a conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014The food was excellent, but the noise level was too much. We could not carry on a conversation beyond the person directly across or next to us and that required shouting. We had a group of 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast lunchToughbutfairDined on 5/14/2014We only had 45 minutes for lunch, then an important meeting back at the office. We called ahead and requested a selection of pizzas to be on the table when we arrived. I thought they might balk at this request, but instead, received a pleasant, "Sure we can do that." When our group of 7 people arrived at the restaurant, all was ready. The pizza came within 5 minutes (a record for pizza anywhere), and the food was outstanding, service prompt, friendly and they got us out in time for the after-meeting. We will definitely go back when we can enjoy a more relaxing experience. The Prego team did a superb job for us!Special Features:
- Good service and ambianceDbizzDined on 5/11/2014I had a very friendly server. We had a big party and unfortunately the order got screwed up and I didn't get my food till some people were almost done with theirs. The server said that my order will be removed from the bill, but it wasn't. I didn't bother mentioning anything anymore since I'm sit everyone had a long day during Mother's DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerHarryVIPDined on 5/11/2014My Wife and I took my Mother-in Law to Prego's to celebrate Mother's Day. We are from Eastern USA and always look forward to a meal at Prego's when we visit. The ambience is always wonderful and the food quality and taste never disappoints. The service was a bit lacking and did not meet our expectationon this occasion, but certainly not a deal breaker. The staff is always pleasant. Treat yourself to excellent classic Italian cuisine and visit Prego's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Service was rushed. The host had no clue what open table is nor she give our points. My wife had to tell her again after dinner to make sure she checks us in. 44 min to dinner I get a call from the restaurant telling me if we are coming. I am like um i am here sitting and finishing my food. My dinner was good but my wife pasta was under cook. Well not be going back.Special Features:
- Very Delicious, "Molto Delizioso"YumYumDined on 5/11/2014It has been many many years since I dined here and it was a wonderful re-introduction experience. We dined for Mother's Day and the staff is very service oriented, we did not feel rushed. Dessert is delicious, save room. The pasta with shellfish, Spaghetti Mare, was prepared perfectly. I will be returning sooner than later again. Thank you for a nice evening (:Special Features: