Precita Park Cafe
500 Precita Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Precita Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.precitaparkcafe.com/
- Phone: 4156477702x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, & Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire within. firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you
- Special Events: Please inquire@: email@example.com. Thank you
A word from Precita Park Cafe
Precita Park Cafe, the latest addition to the Park Cafe Group, is pleased to offer their vision and passion for fresh, made-from-scratch food, and their dedication to community and customer service that is second-to-none. Native San Franciscans and visitors alike are sure to enjoy boutique coffees (from Sightglass & Equator), a wide craft beer selection, and cuisine that pays homage to the abundance of California's fresh local foods. Not to be missed: house-made pastas and pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Precita Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always greatdarwin96VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great neighborhood spot. Eat here all the time and always great food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Delish!EllenVIPDined on 5/23/2014What a nice surprise! Our first time here, and we loved the food. Nice staff, and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/9/2014We had selected Precita Park Cafe because we were visiting friends soon after dinner. Once ordered our food took a long time to get to us and in the process over heard that someone in the next table was being asked to leave within the next fifteen minutes due to another reservation. The gnocchi was much larger than I am used to and doughy because of the size. Stick to the pizza.Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Precita Park Cafe reviews archive.
- Great food in a comfortableRT396VIPDined on 3/21/2014Great food in a comfortable and relaxed setting. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Children and RestaurantsDanielDined on 3/20/2014Our reservation was at 7:00. The kids menu stops at 6:30. During the whole meal, children were screaming. It seems the policy of this restaurant is not to ask the parents of screaming children to either leave or take the child out of the dinning room. I don't feel this is my job, and the restaurant needs to think of all their guest. Some standards of behavior must be maintained, for ALL guest. Needless to say, we ate quickly and left.Special Features:
- Everything we had, swordfish,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2014Everything we had, swordfish, chicken, vegetarian option was excellent. The very informal setting belies the extremely serious approach to the food which was very fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Neighborhood DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/1/2014This Local kid friendly cafe turns into a tasty dinner spot after 6:00. The food is excellent. The freshly made Buratta ( mozzarella) is the best, Truffle mushroom Gnocchi is to die for, the thin crust pizza not to be passed and the Affogato for dessert is the perfect end to a wonderful local easy home-made dinner, just blocks away from my house!! Love Love LoveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and betterAredubVIPDined on 2/15/2014This was my 3rd dinner at Precita Park. It keeps getting better. My salad of kale and Brussels sprouts with a poached egg on top was lovely. The special gnocchi with a walnut sauce sounded great so I ordered them, even though a previous version (when they first started offering them) had been disappointing. I'm glad I did -- the texture was just right and the sauce was delicious. The wines were tasty and inexpensive.Special Features:
- I'm so lucky to live near this placjessDined on 2/10/2014This might be my favorite restaurant in San Francisco, and it's not just because it's a 4 minute walk. The service is always great and friendly-- the food is always fresh with great combinations, creativity, flavors, and taste. Their pizza's are awesome as are their gnocchi (and I'm a gnocchi snob given my Italian-American roots). I love the risotto. And now that they have Kase Spaetzle (german dish) I might never need to go anywhere else. I was there for beer night most recently. which was a real treat because we got to try new Deschutes beers as well. Please don't ever close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place to meet andsalvoDined on 1/2/2014a great place to meet and have a casual dinner, interesting menu, and superb dessert, fiance and I got surprised and is a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hidden restaurant...SFSamVIPDined on 12/31/2013it's awesome..gotta go again! I had a very good steak there and and buratta was really good! I also had the lemon curd and it was perfect! I will go again! Parking is tough, but you can eventually find a space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findDurgaDined on 12/21/2013Precita Park Cafe serves high quality food at good prices in a comfortable setting. The mushroom risotto and arugula salad were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the food and serviceFloradorableDined on 9/28/2013loved the big windows, the inspiring menu, the scallops and fresh burrata were extra yummy; couples take note -- it is "kid friend," which means kid noise, chairs crashing onto the floor...not a big negative, you've just got to be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food & service butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2013Loved the food & service but someone needs to let indulgent parents know what appropriate restaurant behavior is for children dining out. Running wild around the restaurant and bothering other patrons is not appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013My wife and I have been long time Bernal residents, and often are looking for good date night places to go. Valencia has gotten to be a bit much for us, so we are always on the lookout on the other side of the hill. We found this place and love it, great food, great service, and friendly atmosphere. It's a really nice open space too, right next to Precita Park. AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romper room meets Chucky CheeseRebgatVIPDined on 6/1/2013The volume of children screams as we entered this establishment lead us to sit outside. The obnoxious child who kept banging on the window next to our table as his parents sipped their wine while ignoring our angry stares made us leave. Perhaps we would have stayed if the waitress who sat us ever came back with menus.Special Features:
- Precita ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/1/2013Decent food but super kid friendly which made the experience better. However the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice changeNickVIPDined on 5/31/2013Good change for this spot that needed a restaurant that equaled the charm and new found vibrancy (say for the last 10 years) for this previously tired restaurant. Foodies on Bernal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable from start to finishKevinDined on 5/16/2013Scallop & Uni dish was par with michelin rated places at half the price. The egg was a great touch and blended very well with the other flavors on the place. I give it 5 stars. The pork meatballs with crab. They should keep that on the menu rather than seasonal. I would forgo the crab and keep the traditional meatball plate. Very good. Meatballs were large. 4 stars I would suggest the beet salad and buratta for a starter. The buratta was huge and creamy. Our server was very attentive. The atmosphere was fun, upbeat and laid back. The staff were having a good time with patrons and the vibe was inviting overall. The bicycle that sits on a shelf near the restrooms is a great touchSpecial Features:
- On this particular visit theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/6/2013On this particular visit the food was heavier (i.e. too much butter/cheese/cream) than in the past, which will limit the number of times we can eat here! Our server (new) wasn't very enthusiastic or knowledgeable about the food. It felt like she was 'just doing her job." We kept looking at the bright and engaged server on the other side of the room and wishing we could have had her!!! We love this place, and would love to see some lighter brighter veggie options on the dinner menu....!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precita Park Deliciousness - BernalHonestCriticDined on 4/25/2013My wife and I ate here several months ago and return trips have confirmed our initial thoughts. This place is worth the trip and time! We had dinner with some of their delicious margarita pizza and a salad to start. We followed that with a Rock Cod Escebeche (spelling?) and a Corned Beef entree. The cod had crispy skin with buttery and flaky meat. The corned beef literally was tender enough to be cut with a fork and was the best I've had since I left Brooklyn. The food was amazing for any restaurant, but especially impressive for a neighborhood corner cafe (and now they have added a grill!). Did I mention they have high-end beer on tap? We have since stopped by on the weekend for brunch with amazing biscuits and egg dishes. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013This restaurant is a great out of the way secret at least for the moment. I didn't expect the food to be as tasty as it was since it doubles up as a sandwich place in the daytime. We had a pepperoni pizza and champion pizza. They were both thin California style and so good. . Next time I would ask for a little more cheese. The crust was perfect. We shared the baked chicken which was also cooked perfectly. My gf had two glasses of the zin wine which she seemed to really enjoy. 3 zin I think The hazelnut ice cream pie was to over the top. For the price you won't get a better deal in the mission for this quality. The place was packed and a kind of confusing when walking in but it added to the laid back ambiance.Special Features:
- This was my first dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013This was my first dinner at Precita Park Cafe. We had The Louie as an appetizer. It was 6 large shrimp, sauteed very nicely with an avocado terrine. It was very good.For dinner we shared the Champignon pizza which was excellent. The truffle oil, mushrooms, and goat cheese were a great combo. I had the scallop risottto. I would highly reccommend but a bit on the heavy side. Their wine list is surprisingly very nice and priced very well.My husband had the House extruded rigatoni which was out of this world. The sauce is divine and they generously have a extra when we asked for it.It does have a neighborhood feel to it and the service is very good without being too invasive.Special Features:
- Pizza and SaladShaftVIPDined on 3/13/2013Great place for a hand made thin crust pizza, and the salads a fresh and very good. However, the "corned beef short ribs" had no bones and less flavor, in a bland cream sauce over shredded lettuce. Won't order those again. As mentioned by others, kids are welcomed here and some parents just let them run wild.Special Features:
- Decent neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Went there for Valentines Day. It was Prix fix and they gave us a free glass of champagne. Experience was pleasant however its not that kind of place. There were trying to make it a sit down dinner with waters when it is set up as an "order at the counter" kind of thing. My wife ordered some fish which she enjoyed. I ordered a truffle gnocchi which was yuckie. I think the truffles were canned or something. Fortunately the other courses which were included in our $45 each where large so I wasn't very hungry anyway. Would say this is a good lunch or dinner pizza/take out place.Special Features:
- So nice to be able to getCharleneDined on 2/14/2013So nice to be able to get a Valentine's Day reservation last minute! Our mains were amazing - the gnocchi and the pasta with amatriciana sauce. The pasta was extra special. We also had a housemade burrata that was wonderful. It was also very sweet to get a complementary glass of sparkling wine when we sat down. The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is the beet salad was not tasty. The beets were a little dry, needed dressing and some herbs. We ended up mixing the burrata and the beets together to give the salad a little more taste.Special Features:
- A coffee shop with aspirationsSFscott413VIPDined on 2/14/2013My honey and I came here for Valentine's Day, attracted by their listed prix fixe menu for the occasion. The menu that evening had been modified slightly - they shifted entrees to appetizers - making it a little less interesting when we got there. They did allow me to substitute a first dish with a second dish, which was appreciated. The space is a coffee shop, so it's not about ambiance, and our server was nice, but was busy serving the entire place it appeared. The food was good tasting but overall the experience seemed a bit of a letdown. I think this spot is great for a low key dinner, but i'm not sure it's ready to be a full-service restaurant per se. It's a great neighborhood spot.Special Features: