Precinct Kitchen + Bar
350 Stuart St
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Precinct Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://precinctkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 6175323827
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 7am -- 10pm
Saturday 7am-12pm, 5pm-10pm
Lunch and Dinner menus are also available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Precinct Kitchen + Bar
Precinct Kitchen & Bar is now open in the Loews Boston hotel. Offering a menu of Boston favorites and classic cocktails, the restaurant is universally approachable to the neighborhood demographic. Dishes are traditionally-inspired, playing off of beloved New England classics, yet innovative and contemporary in their approach and presentation. The cocktail program, designed by Master Mixologist Eben Klemm, is a strong and reputable force behind the bar. The focus is on classic Boston & New England inspired concoctions and elixirs.The restaurant features a charcuterie station serving local, artisanal cheeses and cured meats from family-owned farms, plus a seafood-focused menu. A patio overlooking Berkeley Street opens at the end of April.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Precinct Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (8)romantic (7)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/24/2014We all thought this was overpriced for what you get. Boston Cream Pie in a jar, just another way to say the chef does not know how to make a custard filling.
- reasonable pricemwojoVIPDined on 8/29/2014the food was fresh and very good only thing is the salad could have used more vinegar than oil the ratio..Special Features:
- Looks nice but food is bland.Juicy0510Dined on 8/29/2014I had made a reservation for a patio table for lunch but upon our arrival was told it was closed, even though it was a sunny 78 degree day. The place was empty so we chose a seat near the open doors to the patio, close to the bar. We started with the "famous" charcuterie board which was good but nothing special. There wasn't enough bread for all of the meat & the mousse was noticeably absent. The lobster roll and fish & chips were bland and underseasoned and the truffle fries were overseasoned. Not a good experience. Still can't understand what the big fuss is about this place, it was barely mediocre.
- 1st timecutes1125VIPDined on 8/28/2014I rated the food fair cause my friend was disappointed with her meal where she mostly enjoyed her fries more than the filet mignon...that's sad. She had chower, filet mignon, and boston creme pie. I had chowder, clam bake, and strawberries n cream-it was all delicous! My other gf had salad, clam bake, and creme brulee-she finished everything as well. I might try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningmegsyumsDined on 8/27/2014Beautiful spot for outdoor summer dining and an excellent place to catch up with friends. Modern & fancy without being pretentious. The food was fantastic. The strawberries & cream on brioche was mind-blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Wk Lunch at PrecinctnottoofussyDined on 8/21/20143 course meal- Entree of PEI Mussels & fries very good served in huge kettle. App and dessert not so. Chef likes to get creative but they bombed. During stay, noone asked me if I liked the food? Salad- Arugula, Kale & Quinoa..totally devoid of flavor. And Quinoa..tasteless, no texture, not even attractive. supposed to have feta cheese. counted four tiny square shaved pcs on each end? Ordered Boston Cream Pie instead of Vanilla Bruelee. Should have been honest "Boston Creme Pie Bruelle. Tiny pot of melted down chocolate, a small tab of yellow filling, and a few cake crumbs mingled in. I could only find them by the texture on my tongue. After tasting this meal, I understood why no one asked if I liked it.Special Features:
- Surprise gemSportsGirlDined on 8/19/2014Happy to have found this place. Wouldn't have known about it except for Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- janhanDined on 8/19/2014Upscale food which we enjoyed on the outdoor patio. Service was prompt, and restaurant week menu included something for everyone's taste. Portions were not too large which made it possible to enjoy the entire meal. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeadquartersTraceyDined on 8/17/2014The original building of this restaurant was Boston Police Headquarters. I went for lunch on a Sunday so it was not overly crowded. This restaurant serves breakfast on one side of the restaurant indoors and lunch on the other side. It is necessary to reserve for the outdoor patio dining and for the interior. The clam chowder with Wellfleet clams is a winner. The PEI mussels with chorizo was overly salty for my friends. The service was outstanding and there is a casual yet smart ambience in the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceSlowDined on 7/28/2014Service was really bad and very slow on a Monday night. They brought 2 apps out after the main dish.
- Wonderful find!RobEx723Dined on 7/25/2014A friend and I decided to treat ourselves to a lunch at Precinct. What good fortune that was!!! The indoor/outdoor dining choices were spacious. The indoors was cool on a hot summer day. The waitstaff were friendly and always smiled. They were informative as well about details on menu items. The lunch menu was limited but we both found something we liked. No one should ever leave here without trying the PEI mussels. THEY ARE DIVINE!!! If you like to dine at any time, be sure to put Precinct at the top of your restaurant choice list!!!Special Features:
- Amazing dining experience!JennVIPDined on 7/4/2014I took a couple of friends visiting from out of town here on Friday night and couldn't have been happier with everything. The quality of the food is something to be noted for sure. I was so impressed by the wait staff as well. They were incrediy accommodating and couldn't do enough for us! I would highly recommend Precinct to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Precinct Kitchen + Bar reviews archive.
- Back Bay Great Find!Bartholdi350Dined on 6/21/2014The old Boston Police Department was renovated first to Jury's Hotel, then Back Bay and now Loew's. Our server Greg has been there for 10 years under all the above name changes and is very will seasoned with his presentations. The food was superb and the restaurant is lovely also with al fresco dining. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys quiet conversation with friends and fine dining!Special Features:
- Hidden GemallisonDined on 6/14/2014With so many restaurants moving into the Back Bay claiming to serve casual-French-meets-gastropub fare and pre-prohibition cocktails - and with a restaurant name that is meaningful, but has potential to be kitschy - we were completely blown away by the elegance of Precinct and its bright, beautiful food. Service was fantastic, but the food and cocktails are executed to perfection with flavors that are enhanced by the strategic restraint in ingredients. One of the best meals both of us have had in a long time (one entree was the special - cod with a burre blanc crab sauce - and the other was a simple roasted vegetable salad...neither dish outshined the other). Do yourself a favor, though, and get the charcuterie!!Special Features:
- So far so goodPanosDined on 6/6/2014My girlfriend and I have been here twice now. Each time has been very good all around. I had one of the best lobster rolls I have ever had and I have had my share. Drinks and service were also excellent. I hoe they can continue to provide the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchjudyoDined on 6/6/2014We had a great lunch and sat outdoors. Two of us had the burgers which were very large and tasty. One had the flank steak with caesar salad which was also very tasty and a very large portion. Cannot judge main ambiance or noise level as we ate outside.Special Features:
- nice family dinnerRegulardinerVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were going to the Lyric Theatre, and this was a convenient location. The food was excellent and service good. Try to sit on the patio if it is a nice day. the menu is short, but the dishes we had were superb. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StartHurleyDined on 5/12/2014Not the first place to go in here, and the lunch scene hasn't quite taken off. It will though, I'm sure. Great burger: cooked perfectly with bacon just right, delicious truffly fries and wonderfully (surprisingly) spicy pickles. A Brit would be pleased - pretty sure they serve Imperial Pints. Staff had a bit more training to come...didn't quite understand the beer list and made it feel like the restaurant of a 2* hotel. That, however, wasn't for a lack of trying.Special Features:
- MaxieMaxieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was good. Service was excellent. The restaurant has a more casual feel the before the renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a bar!TeachVIPDined on 5/2/2014We were able to enjoy a rare spring evening outdoors on the patio with a very good dinner. The bar side was jam-packed, but the restaurant side was much more restrained. This did not feel like a brand-new restaurant as the service was excellent and the food a delightful surprise. We shared the kale salad which was good, then ate the bronzino and the scallops which were both quite tasty. The menu is limited, but we still made good selections - even though we didn't choose anything the waiter recommended - so I hope that means that other items are equally tasty. I would definitely go back, especially if we can sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2014great spot for a business lunch. solid menu and service.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseSimpyAMDVIPDined on 4/26/2014We walked a long the side where we can peer into the restaurant before we checked in. We first saw the bar thinking it was the restaurant and nearly turned away as it didn't have very many people in there. We continued to the next view and were pleasantly surprised as there were more full tables. It turned out to be a very nice surprise- even with the small menu we had a fantastic meal. Starting with the oysters- it took quite a while and the sous chef came and apologized for the delay and gave us some deviled eggs- YUM! The oysters came and were very fresh. We ordered the flank steak with asparagus but was given spinach which we ate anyway. All very good. Sous chef came out with the strawberry/brioche dessert with his complements. Perfect!Special Features:
- CDuncsVIPDined on 4/26/2014Precinct has potential, but seems to be working out the kinks. The service was slow and errors were made. However, they were very accomodating when we added numbers to our group. Errors were fixed quickly and the service was very friendly. I suspect that this will be an excellent spot in a few weeks or months.Special Features: