Pratt Street Ale House
206 W Pratt St
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pratt Street Ale House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prattstreetalehouse.com/
- Phone: (410) 244-8900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday: 11:00am – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pratt Street Ale House
Whether you’re looking for a great happy hour or nightlife spot, a place to enjoy delicious burgers, pizza and more or your new favorite sports bar to watch the game, Pratt Street Ale House has something for everyone. We also offer a private party room where you can host your next banquet, event or private party. And with our friendly and experienced staff, your visit to Pratt Street Ale House is guaranteed to be unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pratt Street Ale House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pratt Street Ale House reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Quick biteFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 11/15/2014Pratt Street Ale house is nothing amazing but it's conveniently located near Royal Farms areana so I stop in prior to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pratt Street Ale HouseBearlaneDined on 11/7/2014We were a group of 13 so that is a challenge. Food was great but came in waves. I had crab cake appetizer that was great.Special Features:
- Energetic placeCkhcoachDined on 11/3/2014Lots of energy. It is a place to go and get charged and excited.Special Features:
- Definitely smells like an ale houseAdelinadDined on 11/3/2014The food was very tasty bit came out cold. The wait staff was very friendly and responsive. The menu had good variety and everyone at our table was happy with what they ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wanted it to be good but.....disappointedDined on 9/27/2014We are a family of 5 with a reservation. although plenty of tables seemed available, they seated us in the bar area right next to the bar. it was extremely loud and we had to ask to be moved. they moved us to another table, only to be told that they had reserved that one for a different party. they finally found us a 3rd table that we liked. my husband ordered a burger - VERY well done. it arrived pink. he sent it back and we waited awhile for a new burger. at one point, we had all finished our meal, so he cancelled the burger. the waiter brought it anyway and took it off our bill, which was very nice. the service was a little slow too.
- Great before a gameJRmomDined on 9/20/2014This was a great location for a quick dinner before a ballgame. It is a short walk to Camden Yards with plenty of garage parking around area to use. The wait staff was attentive. We had reservations but arrived early and they sat us early. Very kid friendly and sitting outside give the kids a chance to people watch while waiting for food. We will definitely recommend and go back ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasantly SurprisedMichaelVIPDined on 9/14/2014I've driven by at all hours of the day and night on any day of the week in all types of weather and this spot always seemed busy. I thought it was just because of the location. Now I know it's that plus really good pub food. The wings and the fish and chips are highly recommended. Service is friendly and efficient. We now have a hang out for any event near the Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Pub AtmosphereVANB1Dined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed a great meal on a weeknight here. Our server (Jaimie I think) was great. Wine prices were reasonable. I ordered a crab mac-and-cheese pasta entree that was delicious. They have more healthy alternatives. Menu has everything from sandwiches, burgers, to nicer entrees and good salads.Special Features:
- FeedbackWinelover8Dined on 8/16/2014Offer more clear specials during football games or other events. It'll bring more people. Also, offer parking spots because we didn't know we had to pay parking fees. Inform customers or offer a validation for parking. It'll be a lot easier and let customers know they can come back. It took me 20 minutes to find a parking and had to pay a lot just to sit for two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Pratt Street Ale House reviews archive.
- great location for thw harbordininganewDined on 7/19/2014The outdoor scenery is live. Make a reservation for this very popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of JulyMommaKittyDined on 7/4/2014We had reservations for a group of 7 on the 4th and it was great! The beer list is everything you'd expect from an Ale House with plenty of local brews on tap. Our waiter engaged the kids and was very careful of my food allergy. This is the second time we have been there and will will be back!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Game Spot!winofoodie1231VIPDined on 7/2/2014Pratt Street Ale House is a great spot to hit before an Orioles game. The food is great (especially the burgers!) and the pub atmosphere is energizing. Will definitely be heading back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and lunch selectionsredstormDined on 6/28/2014Made reservation for lunch right before and O's game and the food and service were excellent. Place was busy but no issues with getting our table or fast service. Good selection of beers. Definitely make reservations especially for 5 or more. The place is very close to Camden Yards and the Harbor so it's quite popular. Worth the visit.Special Features:
- reptile58Dined on 6/7/2014Very hospitable, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not outside on the side patioOriolesFanDined on 5/24/20142nd time here. 1st was good. Weather was nice so we decided to sit outside.Asked to be seated in the outside area in front.Was told reservations were held on the side patio. DONOT sit on the side patio. The service in this location was terrible. Ordered drinks. Watched other tables in the area sit and get drinks. I had to go find my waiter "Clarence" after 25 mins. He told me bar was backed up and out of BloodyMary ingredients. Finally drink came after the food and a poor drink at best. Spoke to Manager "Mr Quinn", he was a matter of fact and said it was because we asked for a BloodyMary with horseradish and they did not carry that so he had to go get some - "Wow". Overall the food was good but the service very poor. Won't go again.
- Location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014Very good choice of draft beers. Great ambience, location near the Convention CenterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2014Always our top pick for food and beer before an O's game. Great selections and service has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good pub grubpeitheceltDined on 3/22/2014It was a pub.. I had fish and chips and white wine, friends did burgers and sandwiches and the like.. The food was quite good for what it was. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer, good food, good friends!SenoraAuroraDined on 3/22/2014We had a reservation and were seating right away even though others were waiting. The staff all pitched in to make the service really good. Food was great with large portions and the selection of beer on tap was very good.Special Features:
- Attended the Michael JacksonZaylaaDined on 3/19/2014Attended the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour Concert in Baltimore...the show was absolutely awesome. Chose this restaurant because of the proximity to the Baltimore Arena. Service was outstanding. Our waiter was very attentive. The french fries and coleslaw were great.. a little disappointed with the crab cake...but all in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Overall good experience, not greatpolymorphorismDined on 3/8/2014Beer selection is the best part of this experience - it runs the gamut from Pilsner to Stout and all over the hops scale. Something for everyone. Food is good but not great - it's a bar that has food - no real problem here. The space varies - the bar area is great and comfortable, the downstairs seating also nice, but upstairs is a little uninspired. By far the biggest problem was getting service from our waiter, coincidentally named "Oliver". He seemed much more interested in watching television than earning a tip. So be it.
- nice place, not so nice foodtommywDined on 3/2/2014very pleasant service and location. food tasted like it was made last week and reheated, possibly more than once. not worth the high price
- Great place for a groupJennBertDined on 3/1/2014My group of 14 enjoyed a yummy lunch during prime time (with a reservation). Food was great. Service was great. Would definitely try Pratt Street Ale House again!Special Features:
- Great beerspetersDined on 2/28/2014We came here before a show at the Hippodrome (quick walk) and service was quick yet didn't feel intrusive and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We did the 2 flights of beer and the Cream stout was our favorite. We also ordered their Thai chili wings and the pretzel with crab dip. The wings were excellent while the crab dip on the pretzel was a big disappointment, it was really lacking crab, old bay, and had way too much mayonnaise. Our server was excellent. We told her we had a showtime and never once did we feel rushed or felt like we had to wait to get her attention.Special Features:
- Busy NightTheresaDined on 2/26/2014A group of us were in town for a conference. We have eaten at the Pratt Street Ale House in the past. Always good. Our meal was good but service was lousy. Must not have had enough wait staff on. We received our meal but no check backs for water, drinks or even dessert. Had to flag her down for the bill. I was embarrassed & disappointed to have brought my team there. Especially because we had reservations. I will try again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and atmospherejilljDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere was nice and fun and the food was great. We will go back again. Especially convenient for Baltimore ArenaSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Great place for casuall dining. For was great and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Terrible ServiceLG73110Dined on 2/1/2014We went here before going to a concert. Had reservations, place was packed! Service was terrible.. We ordered an appetizer and wine, We got our appetizer (no plates or anything) and waited another 10 minutes before the waiter brought us our wine, and then offered to bring us plates. Crab dip was good but really needed old bay. Food followed shortly after, asked for old bay (for the Chicken Chesapeake sandwich, which had none on it) and asked for Avocado (for the turkey sandwich that appeared to have avocado on it, but it was actually an avocado mayo).it took atleast another 10 minutes for the waiter to bring it out. We were charged 1.00 for the avocado. Food was good/hot but terrible service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our mealPAvisitorsDined on 1/19/2014We visited Pratt Street House on a Sunday night, during the football playoffs. It was rather loud in the bar. Luckily the food was very good. We would recommend the crab dip. Also the crab mac and cheese, and burgers were very good. Nice change of pace. The hostess was very accommodating as we were with two children and didn't want to be too close the loud bar.Special Features:
- We had a luncheon for 13 people.WENGERTDined on 1/6/2014We had a luncheon for 13 people. Called ahead and ordered the food and everything was ready and wonderful when we arrived. Definitely will be revisiting the Pratt Street Ale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choice for us for the eventeastcoastDined on 1/4/2014We chose the Ale House for the location and TVs - it was football playoff time. It is a nice place with a wide selection of beers. The food was good and the service was good...until about 10:00. It got very crowded, very quickly, and our server got slammed. Overall, a nice place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free MenuAislinnDochasDined on 12/31/2013I was pleased to discover that there were gluten-free items (like pizza!) on the menu. I didn't expect this from an Ale House. I enjoyed my pizza - it was large, good, and very filling!Special Features:
- Good for a casual dinnerSamanthaDined on 12/6/2013Our party of six chose the Pratt Street Ale House before a show at the Hippdrome on a Friday night. Our waiter was great -- attentive and very knowledgeable about the beer selections. However, he failed to mention the spiceness of a particular dish and those who ordered it didn't enjoy their meal. It was a little noisy, so it made conversation around the table hard to hear. But it was a Friday night, so that was not unexpected. The bill was very reasonable for the type of food and drinks we consumed. I recommend the Pratt Street Ale House if you're looking for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- convenient to convention centerlcsdinerVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food was decent, not fabulous, but satisfying. Right across the street from the convention center, so great location if you are meeting there. the service was slow, but friendly.Special Features:
- The food was overall good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013The food was overall good. We ordered appetizers which came out and then our food right on top. We were in no rush but felt like they wanted us out. I did feel bad for our server, she had our table of 7, then they sat her a table of 12 and the 3 mins later a table if 10. As a for more server that's overload, and I get she wanted to get our order in, but that bugs me when I'm spending good money and my food comes out on top of each other. The beer was good and they had many different kinds. The room we ate in was big, which was good, I didn't feel on top of another table. If I go back to Baltimore it would not be where I would eat.Special Features:
- Convention ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013Conveniently located to convention center. Books up for lunch if you do not have reservations you will get turned away. Not enough wait staff to cover all the tables. Took a long time to locate waiter for refills of drinks. Food was ok, but mine was not cooked the way I like, but since locating wait staff was so hard, just ate around my "not so well done" burger. Others said that theirs was good. Prices are a little high for "Bar food" but given the location, expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!JnDCDined on 10/8/2013Food, drink and service were wonderful. I had the Reuben burger and she had the mini crab cakes. We both enjoyed the pear cider drink which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsKeithVIPDined on 9/25/2013The atmosphere was great! Very good location before walking to the orioles stadium. Fast service and good foodSpecial Features:
- great brew pubdensDined on 9/21/2013this was a great brew pub with lots of character and close to the stadiums. great outdoor dining also.Special Features:
- CharmAnneBDined on 9/14/2013Love the exposed brick walls! Ore server Ramsey was so nice and the food was bet goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.