Prato - Winter Park
124 North Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Prato - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prato-wp.com/
- Phone: 4072620050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prato - Winter Park
Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Prato - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Prato - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (104)hot spot (99)vibrant bar scene (85)special occasion (63)great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (54)good for groups (53)romantic (48)notable wine list (42)late-night find (38)great for brunch (13)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- great vibe, great foodYankee89Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time with great food, service and ambiance...it offers everyone somethingSpecial Features:
- Best food aroundSarahinflVIPDined on 10/25/2014we love prato!! Best pizza in central FL. Pasta is innovative and delicious. Always something new to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little out of control...mreavesVIPDined on 10/24/2014I have been to Prato several times, for lunch and dinner. I want to provide general comment on their food, noise level and service. Their food is always consistently fresh and delicious. The sourcing from local farms is evident in the flavor of the food. The noise level obviously varies, but with no real soft surfaces, sound can really bounce around. On this evening, 8:30PM on a Saturday night, the place was packed and we sat inside at a booth. The noise level was off the charts...I felt like I was at a club and had to shout across the table to my dining guests! Service is usually good/seamless but this time all parts of service was quite slow because the server was busy. I hope Prato manages these elements better in the future.Special Features:
- Delicious and unique food!BruceVIPDined on 10/24/2014Very cool looking restaurant. The meatballs were awesome! My gf and I tried 2 types of pasta (mustard spaghettini and another smoked turkey papperdale) and they were both delicious. It is now one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- What a place!!TjRedDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant, a sister restaurant of Luna, is one incredible find!!!! While the menu is Italian influenced, you will find the selections are bold, flavorful, fun, and anything BUT the 'same ole same ole'. Our waiter was personable, a lot of fun, and very knowledgeable about his product and place of work. And while one typically heads into a Winter Park restaurant expecting they will be 'dropping some coin' in order to eat, Prato is actually very reasonably priced, especially when you consider that they are an organic/farm fresh restaurant. They even make their own pasta from scratch daily! Definitely the perfect choice for a celebration destination for couples who have a special occasion yet still need to mind their budget! Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantClakinDined on 10/23/2014This is my go-to restaurant in all of Orlando. I know that when I go the food and service and ambiance will be exceptional. All of the food is fresh and unique. They switch up their menu often so I always ask what is new each time I come in. I bring all of my out of town guests there and they all love their food. It has a very fun vibe and super friendly staff. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fun atmosphere with delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food and service provided to us for our lunch on Sunday. I asked for an outside table when reserving the reservation and was provided with one when we arrived.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLocalDined on 10/18/2014Creative menu. Joe, our server, was very knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Great overall experience!Special Features:
- recommend pratoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Special occasion, Romantic, fit for foodies, nice atmosphere. Great food - pizza widow maker, fresh pasta, nice mix drink selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!090696VIPDined on 10/17/2014Frequently enjoy lunch and dinner at Prato. The food is outstanding, service is very attentive, energetic environment and we never feel rushed to finish. Prato and its sister Restaurant LUMA are our two favorite Restaurants in Central Florida! This team really understands excellent customer service and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodaddictDined on 10/13/2014Everything was very good at Prato. It really reminds us of a real Italian Trattoria. The Ravioli is perfect but...please serve it in a deep plate, for better presentation instead of a bowl. Remind the servers to bring a spoon as the sauces are delicious. The house wines by the glass are a good value and compliment the food.Special Features:
- Amazing foodBebaVIPDined on 10/12/2014it was our second time visiting Prato and it was even better than the first time , the food was perfect so rich so flavorful, service was great, the whole evening was a hitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itGregDined on 10/11/2014I keep returning because it's just that good. Best food in FLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingAmyVDined on 10/10/2014Prato never fails to impress. From the decor, to the location, to the service and most importantly the food! Our server, Kyle, was attentive and outgoing. He made the whole experience a delight and his recommendations for food and drinks were on point. We have been here many times, and it is always a treat.Special Features:
- Amazing foodJenaqt23VIPDined on 10/6/2014The selections at this restaurant are constantly changing, and they never seem to disappoint! Absolutely delicious. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Italian2aTeeDined on 10/5/2014As this was our third visit to Prato we were delighted to see that it was just as great a visit as our first two dinners were. The only thing missing was the service. Our waiter, while personable seemed extremely preoccupied and had to be constantly reminded of what we had asked for. The food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal Italian MasterpieceJBTOpenTableDined on 10/4/2014Prato is not to be missed. Our table of four were impressed by all items. We shared two appetizers. The house meatballs which were very good and the Aranchini which were solid but not spectacular. The rutabaga soup and the roasted parsnip salad were excellent. The beef cheek pasta was also very good. The hand crafted pizza are made to order in a wood fired oven. Desserts were very good including a house made mango sorbet. Prices are very reasonable for the quality. Service is also very good. The place is very busy and vibrant so quiet and intimate is not to be expected but should not detract or prevent and excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!NameVIPDined on 10/4/2014Neat restaurant in Winter Oark. Everything is fresh & local. The meatballs are a MUST!
- Upscale, updated Italian :-)moretennis4meDined on 10/3/2014Service was impeccable; Lindsay was delightful. Meatballs served on fine polenta are a must have, and I only eat meat once a week :-) The pimento congiliere was delightfully different. Pasta is fresh made on premises and tastes like none other. Looking forward to return visit :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBrianwoolDined on 9/28/2014I'm gone here twice now. The food is great and our server is always friendly. Definitely check it out if your in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I always love the meatballs and calamari to start. We tried the beef Carpaccio this time and it was great too. The shrimp ravioli is a must have and the broccolini adds the perfect crunch. I get it 99% of the time. My husband loves the caesar salad. There is a hint of lemon and it's the best caesar salad you will ever have. We love the pizzas, but the fiorentina is our favorite. I got the flank steak for the first time and it was delicious. You can't pass up the desserts. The tiramisu is a must, but they are all delicious. They rotate them, but the tiramisu seems to always be there. If you love gin then you need to order Hendricks with a splash of tonic from Scott at the bar. He muddles up the cucumber and makes it perfectly.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodtkenne03Dined on 9/26/2014Food was fantastic, very creative, and fresh. Would recommend it to foodies who would appreciate its creative flair and execution, just as much to someone who just simply enjoys good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!!JilianDined on 9/26/2014Prato was a great spot for a girls' night out. The ambiance is superb and the food was delish. Our server, Joe, took great care of us and made phenomenal food & drink recommendations. Definitely will be back!!Special Features:
- Excellent!CocoVIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my 3rd time eating at Prato and will not be my last! I took a friend from out of town here and she is a vegetarian. The server was excellent and made great suggestions for her. We had a great evening and enjoyed the fact they didn't rush us through dinner. Just enough time between each dish!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceDiningDuoDined on 9/20/2014We picked Prato based on reviews stating it was romantic and great for special occasions--my wife's birthday. Despite a reservation, we were disappointed at being seated at a high top table near a noisy bar with wait staff whizzing by us on both sides. We can do that at Chili's for a lot less. We asked for a more private booth only to be told only parties of 4 could be seated there, although other couples were seated in booths later, so clearly they just wanted to pack the place. Wait staff was fine, but meals were nothing special and my wife's order had to be corrected due to a kitchen mistake (half instead of full order). We'll go back to Luma on Park for better dining and ambiance in the future.Special Features:
- Prato PrevailsCuisinEsqDined on 9/19/2014When visiting our son for Family Weekend at UCF this past weekend we enjoyed a terrific meal with him and his housemates at Prato. While the rain prevented an evening repast outdoors under an umbrella, we enjoyed the energy inside the restaurant. While neither the menu nor the wine list are lengthy, diners at Prato will be surprised by the savory dishes and excellent service. We shared meatballs and a Margherita pizza as an appetizer; then, delicious veal scallopini, rigatoni bolognese, along with another Margherita pizza for dinner. We enjoyed the restaurant immensely. the entire staff from valet to hostesses and servers were attentive and well-trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special requestsSincerelyCymoneDined on 9/14/2014This place was the absolute best. They really went above and beyond to accommodate me for my anniversary dinner. I cannot wait to go back! Make sure to try the mango dessert and their fresh made pasta is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Steve196Dined on 9/14/2014Wholeheartedly recommend the mustard speghatini and the shrimp ravioli for entrees. The meatballs for an appetizer, so long as you save some of the bread for finishing off the sauce!Special Features:
- It is uniqueWWTKDined on 9/14/2014It is authentic and original. The atmosphere is relaxing and fun. The food is excellent and original. The service is friendly and pleasant.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014was really impressed with Prato for lunch on a Sunday. i have heard a friday or sat night can be busy. The menu is simple and fresh our party of four ordered the blue crab appetizer (crunch and heat) and a few other lunch plates all very impressive. Our waiter (steve) was probably one of the best i have had in recent memory very knowledgeable about the menu and always keeping table in mind. A very good Sunday lunch experience.Special Features:
- Ignore the snotty hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014If you can get past the snotty hostess who will act like a request for a table other than a high top by the bar is giving her a pain in the side (really? Isn't Front of House supposed to be the friendly face of a restaurant? The petite, brunette hostess wearing a green top on Saturday was definitely was not), food was delicious and service was spot on. Great food and good wine made it almost worth running the gauntlet of the less-than-affable hostess who met us at the start of the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Beet ravioli was not up to par, presentation was different than the first time we ordered it, very unappealing in bowl and very soupy, Taste was different too and not in a good way. Bitter aftertaste. Loved it the first time but would hesitate to order it again,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PratoBiggreeneggguyDined on 9/9/2014Prato is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food, service and ambiance. Meatball appetizer is outstanding. Great experience as always.Special Features:
- Great PizzaSOD01Dined on 9/7/2014Great pizza and service with a nice ambiance.. Whether you're sitting up at the bar or at a table the entire place has good atmosphere and the waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodbyd0507Dined on 9/7/2014The food was EXCELLENT and our server was on point...friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. The food came out quickly & hot... major plus. The only thing that left a bad taste, was the initial greeting, or lack-there-of. The hostess on duty did not greet us when we walked in the door, despite us being directly in front of her. She was not pleasant when she asked me to repeat myself twice regarding our reservation. She tried to seat us in a table right next to the bus station in spite of there being several other nearby tables open. When asked to sit elsewhere, we got a silent glare. She didn't seem like she wanted to be there. A smile would have nice. Overall great place but she needs to lighten up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter Park GemsweeperDined on 8/30/2014Such a delicious, authentic Italian café, love it!Special Features:
- Don't miss PratoHMan22PopsDined on 8/22/2014Great menu. Food outstanding. Johnathan our waiter offered menu selections that exceeded our expectations. Stellar Itialian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Time CustomerPattiDined on 8/21/2014Prato is great whether you are going out to dinner with friends, or even a first date. I go often as it is one of my favorite restaurants for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/21/2014Prato always tries to accommodate my special needs for my lactose intolerance. They recently made me a special pasta that was to die for. My wife and I enjoy eating there at least once a week.Special Features:
- This time not as usualBiencheneviVIPDined on 8/20/2014We go regulary to Prato and we love this place. This week I must say it was not as good as usual. The special salad I had as a starter (Pear something) was too spicy and not well combined. Last month they had the watermelon special salad and that was the burner. This pear thing is just not good. My 2nd course was pasta and it was greasy - I never had a greasy pasta at Prato. Beside that the service was not as engaged as normal. Think just selected a not perfect day for everythingSpecial Features: