Prato - Winter Park
124 North Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Prato - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prato-wp.com/
- Phone: 4072620050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prato - Winter Park
Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Prato - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Prato - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (97)hot spot (89)vibrant bar scene (80)special occasion (66)great for lunch (46)good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)late-night find (31)great for brunch (13)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Prato PrevailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014When visiting our son for Family Weekend at UCF this past weekend we enjoyed a terrific meal with him and his housemates at Prato. While the rain prevented an evening repast outdoors under an umbrella, we enjoyed the energy inside the restaurant. While neither the menu nor the wine list are lengthy, diners at Prato will be surprised by the savory dishes and excellent service. We shared meatballs and a Margherita pizza as an appetizer; then, delicious veal scallopini, rigatoni bolognese, along with another Margherita pizza for dinner. We enjoyed the restaurant immensely. the entire staff from valet to hostesses and servers were attentive and well-trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special requestsSincerelyCymoneDined on 9/14/2014This place was the absolute best. They really went above and beyond to accommodate me for my anniversary dinner. I cannot wait to go back! Make sure to try the mango dessert and their fresh made pasta is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Steve196Dined on 9/14/2014Wholeheartedly recommend the mustard speghatini and the shrimp ravioli for entrees. The meatballs for an appetizer, so long as you save some of the bread for finishing off the sauce!Special Features:
- It is uniqueWWTKDined on 9/14/2014It is authentic and original. The atmosphere is relaxing and fun. The food is excellent and original. The service is friendly and pleasant.Special Features:
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014was really impressed with Prato for lunch on a Sunday. i have heard a friday or sat night can be busy. The menu is simple and fresh our party of four ordered the blue crab appetizer (crunch and heat) and a few other lunch plates all very impressive. Our waiter (steve) was probably one of the best i have had in recent memory very knowledgeable about the menu and always keeping table in mind. A very good Sunday lunch experience.Special Features:
- Ignore the snotty hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014If you can get past the snotty hostess who will act like a request for a table other than a high top by the bar is giving her a pain in the side (really? Isn't Front of House supposed to be the friendly face of a restaurant? The petite, brunette hostess wearing a green top on Saturday was definitely was not), food was delicious and service was spot on. Great food and good wine made it almost worth running the gauntlet of the less-than-affable hostess who met us at the start of the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Beet ravioli was not up to par, presentation was different than the first time we ordered it, very unappealing in bowl and very soupy, Taste was different too and not in a good way. Bitter aftertaste. Loved it the first time but would hesitate to order it again,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PratoBiggreeneggguyDined on 9/9/2014Prato is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food, service and ambiance. Meatball appetizer is outstanding. Great experience as always.Special Features:
- Great PizzaSOD01Dined on 9/7/2014Great pizza and service with a nice ambiance.. Whether you're sitting up at the bar or at a table the entire place has good atmosphere and the waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodbyd0507Dined on 9/7/2014The food was EXCELLENT and our server was on point...friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. The food came out quickly & hot... major plus. The only thing that left a bad taste, was the initial greeting, or lack-there-of. The hostess on duty did not greet us when we walked in the door, despite us being directly in front of her. She was not pleasant when she asked me to repeat myself twice regarding our reservation. She tried to seat us in a table right next to the bus station in spite of there being several other nearby tables open. When asked to sit elsewhere, we got a silent glare. She didn't seem like she wanted to be there. A smile would have nice. Overall great place but she needs to lighten up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter Park GemsweeperDined on 8/30/2014Such a delicious, authentic Italian café, love it!Special Features:
- Don't miss PratoHMan22PopsDined on 8/22/2014Great menu. Food outstanding. Johnathan our waiter offered menu selections that exceeded our expectations. Stellar Itialian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Time CustomerPattiDined on 8/21/2014Prato is great whether you are going out to dinner with friends, or even a first date. I go often as it is one of my favorite restaurants for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/21/2014Prato always tries to accommodate my special needs for my lactose intolerance. They recently made me a special pasta that was to die for. My wife and I enjoy eating there at least once a week.Special Features:
- This time not as usualBiencheneviVIPDined on 8/20/2014We go regulary to Prato and we love this place. This week I must say it was not as good as usual. The special salad I had as a starter (Pear something) was too spicy and not well combined. Last month they had the watermelon special salad and that was the burner. This pear thing is just not good. My 2nd course was pasta and it was greasy - I never had a greasy pasta at Prato. Beside that the service was not as engaged as normal. Think just selected a not perfect day for everythingSpecial Features:
- Great Food, but . . .JohninFLDined on 8/20/2014The food was amazing. Vibrant and fresh flavors. Strongly recommend the veal. Good wine lust. We ordered an appetizer and asked the server to come back for wine and meal order. 15 minutes later the appetizer arrived and no sign yet of the server. He finally showed up to take our wine and meal order. Service continued down hill from there. But food was amazing and we had no issues rating the service by the tip. Plan to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!EduardoDined on 8/15/2014Prato's ambiance and service were amazing. And the food was out of this world. I have been in Orlando a few times, and only on this last trip I heard about Prato and it was definitely a highlight of this honeymoon trip to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahhhhh Mae Zing!!!!!DannyMambaDined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite places to relax and enjoy great cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DiningYumODined on 8/11/2014My friend took me to Prato for my birthday. Everyone made me feel special and the food was fantastic. Our waiter, Grey, was outstanding. He explained all foods clearly and made us want to eat a little of everything. He made sure all our needs were met. He is a definite asset to Prato. Loved the atmosphere. I will definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Great lunch!ChrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Prato and I went for lunch with my 2 daughters. We started off with the crostini and meatballs. The crostini was on delicious, crusty and chewy bread and the meatballs were flavorful. We each tried something different for our lunch. The Margherita pizza had a spicy tomato sauce with fresh basil leaves and a delicious chewy and flavorful crust. The roasted pork Italiano sandwich was big with lots of meat and grilled onions and the truffle fries were to die for! The homemade egg bucatini Amatriciana was outstanding! The pasta was perfectly al dente with a delicious tomato sauce and pancetta. The portions were big so we brought home a little of everything and it was all delicious the next day!Special Features:
- Everyone has a bad nightOduarteVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Winter Park. Unfortunately, even though we requested a booth, they put us in a high top table which are very uncomfortable and no hooks underneath for women to hang their purse. We always order the meatballs and mustard speghetini, they are usually awesome. However, tonight, the meatballs were undercooked and the speghetini was salty and very dry. Since it rained, the bar got packed and we had people bumping into us and standing within a foot of our table....it was very claustrophobic.....Do not sit at the high tops. Like I said, probably just a bad night. We'll definitely come back, just never on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceTheRawOnionDined on 8/6/2014Food portions too light for an Italian restaurant. Also a bit loud for conversation. But overall: "good food + fun place".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Prato has been a nice weeknight getaway spot for us. We like to bring close friends here for dinner and drinks. The menu never disappoints. The staff is friendly. At times, when all you feel like is appetizers and dessert in a comfortable setting - this is the place. Make reservations - especially on the weekend. If you want something different, try the widowmaker pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/6/2014We eat here often for lunch...the chef goes out of his way to provide me with a sumptuous meal the is lactose free. Our out of town people, always ask for at least one meal at Prato during their stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the food enthusiastFoodcultDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I had a delicious dinner here. Pricey but worth every penny especially as you watch the kitchen labor over your food, everything is made in the smallest batches with great care. Only downside: service. It was atrocious. We tried not to let it mar the total experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesanibillDined on 7/29/2014Waiter was knowlegable friendly and had great recommendations. Food was fantastic. Great atmosphere.....cool "old winter park" building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST PARTCelebrationDined on 7/29/2014Along with my sisters we went to Prato to celebrate our mom's birthday. The hostess was ok, but our waiter "Kyle" was OUTSTANDING!!! He was friendly, fun, courteous, professional, and offered wonderful food suggestions for picky eaters. Defintely A+++++ KYLE serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSpoonDined on 7/26/2014I've never had a bad meal at Prato. One of my favorite restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ask for Daniel!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014From the start of the meal (calamari, meatballs, and cocktails), to salad (Caesar and the to-die-for compressed watermelon), to pasta (duck ragu with foie gras), Daniel our server was attentive and kind, made great wine recommendations, and made it a really lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itGuilhermeDined on 7/24/2014Posh restaurant, with a fair price and good food. Nice place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysBellagirl105Dined on 7/24/2014The carpaccio was to die for! Cannot go wrong on this menu. Everything is extremely high quality and service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding CusineMartyDined on 7/22/2014Great menu selections, the mussels with their special broth is amazing and so is the pecan encrusted calamari. You can't go wrong with any selection.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday...BrewerVIPDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed celebration my xx birthday at Prato....Special Features:
- Great foodsml978Dined on 7/20/2014We love Prato. We've been here several times and will continue to go. The food is excellent. I had the Egg Buccatinni and the Widowmaker pizza. Both excellent as always. What wasn't great was the service. It took 8-10 mins after being seated to get our drink order taken and then probably 20 mins after we ordered for our appetizers to come. When they came the waiter blamed it on the kitchen and said, "it's about time your damn food came". Very odd. My pizza came about 5 mins prior to my wife's food coming which they had warned us may happen but was still a little awkward. Also, forgot to bring a condiment we requested. This is nitpicky stuff and I would much rather have good food and bad service than bad food and good service. But still...I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Comfortable, great menu, pleasant and attentive service ... Little dark in back but the front and the sidewalk are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousJenaqt23Dined on 7/17/2014Every time I go to Prato, I am never disappointed! The food here is always so fresh. Such a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Always a great dining experience at Prato. Great food & great service every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceFoodieLoveDined on 7/15/2014Just recently went to Prato for our two year anniversary, it was our first time and it was an amazing experience. The ambiance was perfect and our server Joe was excellent. Joe was extremely attentive, gave wonderful recommendations on different foods to try, and was extremely knowledgeable of everything on the menu. The meatballs, watermelon salad, and shrimp ravioli are must haves at the restaurant. And because it was our anniversary, both Joe and the restaurant went out of their way to provide an exceptional experience, which exceeded all of my expectations. An amazing farm to table restaurant that is a must go for everyone.Special Features:
- The best Italian Citrus!DevoraVIPDined on 7/15/2014If you like Mojito's you've got to try one! So delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceJudiVIPDined on 7/10/2014The consistency of quality at Prato's is one of the many reasons I enjoy dining here.Special Features: