Prato - Winter Park
124 North Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Prato - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prato-wp.com/
- Phone: (407) 262-0050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brandon McGlamery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Prato - Winter Park
Blending simplicity and inspiration, Prato celebrates cuisine from Italy's rich culinary landscape, seamlessly blending Italian classics with modern techniques and seasonal ingredients. Celebrated chef, Brandon McGlamery entices guests with dishes ranging from light primi and insalata choices to savory, handcrafted pastas and inventive Italian entrees. By offering a variety of Spanish and Italian varietals and blends, we help our guests to discover complex, unique and lesser known wines that excited and delight their palettes. With a long bar that runs through the center of the restaurant, dining at Prato offers a communal and social atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Prato - Winter Park - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
Prato - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (91)hot spot (91)vibrant bar scene (86)great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (53)great for lunch (51)good for groups (48)romantic (43)notable wine list (42)late-night find (33)great for brunch (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Don't miss PratoHMan22PopsDined on 8/22/2014Great menu. Food outstanding. Johnathan our waiter offered menu selections that exceeded our expectations. Stellar Itialian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Time CustomerPattiDined on 8/21/2014Prato is great whether you are going out to dinner with friends, or even a first date. I go often as it is one of my favorite restaurants for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/21/2014Prato always tries to accommodate my special needs for my lactose intolerance. They recently made me a special pasta that was to die for. My wife and I enjoy eating there at least once a week.Special Features:
- This time not as usualBiencheneviVIPDined on 8/20/2014We go regulary to Prato and we love this place. This week I must say it was not as good as usual. The special salad I had as a starter (Pear something) was too spicy and not well combined. Last month they had the watermelon special salad and that was the burner. This pear thing is just not good. My 2nd course was pasta and it was greasy - I never had a greasy pasta at Prato. Beside that the service was not as engaged as normal. Think just selected a not perfect day for everythingSpecial Features:
- Great Food, but . . .JohninFLDined on 8/20/2014The food was amazing. Vibrant and fresh flavors. Strongly recommend the veal. Good wine lust. We ordered an appetizer and asked the server to come back for wine and meal order. 15 minutes later the appetizer arrived and no sign yet of the server. He finally showed up to take our wine and meal order. Service continued down hill from there. But food was amazing and we had no issues rating the service by the tip. Plan to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!EduardoDined on 8/15/2014Prato's ambiance and service were amazing. And the food was out of this world. I have been in Orlando a few times, and only on this last trip I heard about Prato and it was definitely a highlight of this honeymoon trip to Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahhhhh Mae Zing!!!!!DannyMambaDined on 8/11/2014One of my favorite places to relax and enjoy great cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DiningYumODined on 8/11/2014My friend took me to Prato for my birthday. Everyone made me feel special and the food was fantastic. Our waiter, Grey, was outstanding. He explained all foods clearly and made us want to eat a little of everything. He made sure all our needs were met. He is a definite asset to Prato. Loved the atmosphere. I will definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Great lunch!ChrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit to Prato and I went for lunch with my 2 daughters. We started off with the crostini and meatballs. The crostini was on delicious, crusty and chewy bread and the meatballs were flavorful. We each tried something different for our lunch. The Margherita pizza had a spicy tomato sauce with fresh basil leaves and a delicious chewy and flavorful crust. The roasted pork Italiano sandwich was big with lots of meat and grilled onions and the truffle fries were to die for! The homemade egg bucatini Amatriciana was outstanding! The pasta was perfectly al dente with a delicious tomato sauce and pancetta. The portions were big so we brought home a little of everything and it was all delicious the next day!Special Features:
- Everyone has a bad nightOduarteVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Winter Park. Unfortunately, even though we requested a booth, they put us in a high top table which are very uncomfortable and no hooks underneath for women to hang their purse. We always order the meatballs and mustard speghetini, they are usually awesome. However, tonight, the meatballs were undercooked and the speghetini was salty and very dry. Since it rained, the bar got packed and we had people bumping into us and standing within a foot of our table....it was very claustrophobic.....Do not sit at the high tops. Like I said, probably just a bad night. We'll definitely come back, just never on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceTheRawOnionDined on 8/6/2014Food portions too light for an Italian restaurant. Also a bit loud for conversation. But overall: "good food + fun place".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Prato has been a nice weeknight getaway spot for us. We like to bring close friends here for dinner and drinks. The menu never disappoints. The staff is friendly. At times, when all you feel like is appetizers and dessert in a comfortable setting - this is the place. Make reservations - especially on the weekend. If you want something different, try the widowmaker pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 8/6/2014We eat here often for lunch...the chef goes out of his way to provide me with a sumptuous meal the is lactose free. Our out of town people, always ask for at least one meal at Prato during their stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the food enthusiastFoodcultDined on 8/1/2014My boyfriend and I had a delicious dinner here. Pricey but worth every penny especially as you watch the kitchen labor over your food, everything is made in the smallest batches with great care. Only downside: service. It was atrocious. We tried not to let it mar the total experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 625 reviews are from the Prato - Winter Park reviews archive.
- Great experiencesanibillDined on 7/29/2014Waiter was knowlegable friendly and had great recommendations. Food was fantastic. Great atmosphere.....cool "old winter park" building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST PARTCelebrationDined on 7/29/2014Along with my sisters we went to Prato to celebrate our mom's birthday. The hostess was ok, but our waiter "Kyle" was OUTSTANDING!!! He was friendly, fun, courteous, professional, and offered wonderful food suggestions for picky eaters. Defintely A+++++ KYLE serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSpoonDined on 7/26/2014I've never had a bad meal at Prato. One of my favorite restaurants in Orlando.Special Features:
- Ask for Daniel!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014From the start of the meal (calamari, meatballs, and cocktails), to salad (Caesar and the to-die-for compressed watermelon), to pasta (duck ragu with foie gras), Daniel our server was attentive and kind, made great wine recommendations, and made it a really lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itGuilhermeDined on 7/24/2014Posh restaurant, with a fair price and good food. Nice place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysBellagirl105Dined on 7/24/2014The carpaccio was to die for! Cannot go wrong on this menu. Everything is extremely high quality and service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding CusineMartyDined on 7/22/2014Great menu selections, the mussels with their special broth is amazing and so is the pecan encrusted calamari. You can't go wrong with any selection.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday...BrewerVIPDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed celebration my xx birthday at Prato....Special Features:
- Great foodsml978Dined on 7/20/2014We love Prato. We've been here several times and will continue to go. The food is excellent. I had the Egg Buccatinni and the Widowmaker pizza. Both excellent as always. What wasn't great was the service. It took 8-10 mins after being seated to get our drink order taken and then probably 20 mins after we ordered for our appetizers to come. When they came the waiter blamed it on the kitchen and said, "it's about time your damn food came". Very odd. My pizza came about 5 mins prior to my wife's food coming which they had warned us may happen but was still a little awkward. Also, forgot to bring a condiment we requested. This is nitpicky stuff and I would much rather have good food and bad service than bad food and good service. But still...I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Comfortable, great menu, pleasant and attentive service ... Little dark in back but the front and the sidewalk are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousJenaqt23VIPDined on 7/17/2014Every time I go to Prato, I am never disappointed! The food here is always so fresh. Such a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Always a great dining experience at Prato. Great food & great service every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceFoodieLoveDined on 7/15/2014Just recently went to Prato for our two year anniversary, it was our first time and it was an amazing experience. The ambiance was perfect and our server Joe was excellent. Joe was extremely attentive, gave wonderful recommendations on different foods to try, and was extremely knowledgeable of everything on the menu. The meatballs, watermelon salad, and shrimp ravioli are must haves at the restaurant. And because it was our anniversary, both Joe and the restaurant went out of their way to provide an exceptional experience, which exceeded all of my expectations. An amazing farm to table restaurant that is a must go for everyone.Special Features:
- The best Italian Citrus!DevoraVIPDined on 7/15/2014If you like Mojito's you've got to try one! So delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceJudiVIPDined on 7/10/2014The consistency of quality at Prato's is one of the many reasons I enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- A must everytime I visit Orlando!VeraLucilleDined on 7/5/2014I absolutely love Prato. It is a great restaurant with an eclectic atmosphere and the menu is always changing. On this visit, the service started out fairly well for the first 30 min or so, but didn't last much longer after that. The waiter seemed disinterested in our table and neglected to wait on us regularly towards the end and it wasn't busy in the restaurant either. I'd say he needs some additional training on waiting on customers. Over all, the food and drinks were great, restrooms were clean. One con I did recognize was the bar/high table seating. I would recommend sitting either at a booth, or the regular height tables. The higher table seating don't have enough bars to rest your feet on, making your legs feel numb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJudiVIPDined on 7/2/2014I always enjoy dining here and I like introducing this restaurant to those who have not had the pleasure of this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and goodfreerangersDined on 6/30/2014Many forays into places with unusual menus end in disappointment for the moderately adventurous. This was an exception. We (4 of us) each ordered something different and shared it all. Each dish was a delight to all of us. The ravioli was a favorite. Also the meatballs. The only leftover was the veal sausage on the meat & cheese platter. Our server was very knowledgeable, and very patient with our many questions about the menu and the sources for foods. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Prato delicious as always.LizardoDined on 6/27/2014Great pasta, pizza, all with intersting twists. Flavorful. Impresses my foodie/excellent chef spouse every time. Meatballs are flavor explosions. If you haven't been you have to try it.Special Features:
- Prato is PerfectDWS1966Dined on 6/20/2014Big appetite or just the munchies, Prato has it all. You can have a wonderful romantic dinner or just a fun night out with the friends. It's just great!Special Features:
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Waiter was awesome. He knew the menu well and could help first time visitors (who will come back)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Great food, drinks and ambiance. I always recommend this place to out of towners and co-workers. Make sure to get the pretzel-crusted calamari and any pizza!Special Features:
- Second VisitKlinKTyDined on 6/18/2014This was only my second visit to Prato in Winter Park and it was just as good as the first time. The food was delicious (even though it did take a little while to prepare) and the atmosphere was fun and lively. I look forward to visiting again in the near future.Special Features:
- Good nouveau foodHowardDined on 6/18/2014great service , esoteric menu ( too many ingredients needed explanation) , food tasty , portions good , noise level high but not offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2014Our meal was great from beginning to end: the menu is constantly changing to reflect the fresh ingredients of the season, and Prato knows how to make those flavors shine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I loved the vibe of this restaurant! Food was great! Not classic Italian, but with a twist.Special Features: