1846 W Division
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prasino.com/
- Phone: 3128781212x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 9am - 10pm
Monday-Thursday: 11am -11pm
Friday: 11am - 12:30 am or later
Saturday: 9am - 12:30am or later
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jared Case
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact: email@example.com for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: At prasino, we believe dining well means living well. Host your next private event at prasino Wicker Park and allow us to share our passion for living and eating well.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8888730061
- Entertainment: Live music & DJ
A word from Prasino-Wicker Park
Prasino is an eco-friendly restaurant in Chicago that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The name of the restaurant is the Greek word for green which is at the heart of the restaurant's mission - to provide healthy food at an affordable price in a modern, environmentally conscious setting. Prasino emphasizes seasonal, local, and organic food whenever possible. Its commitment to sustainability is incorporated in Prasino's eco-chic design.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Prasino-Wicker Park reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (54)great for brunch (51)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (41)great for lunch (28)special occasion (24)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (19)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (12)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- great food and very creative placeDebiVIPDined on 8/17/2014I have been to three of the Prasinos several times. I always have a great experience. The food is excellent and unique and service is always great. I recommend this place to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prasino is fabulous...againMeiggVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I really prefer to eat at places that offer organic/locally sourced food. That is really limiting in a way, but Prasino is one of our favorites. We have celebrated 2 wedding anniversaries there - and are planning a third. The food is always great, and the servers are attentive, know their stuff, and asking to have things a certain way - with sauce on the side, not as spicy, etc. has never been a problem for them. Had brunch with friends and my husband enjoyed vegan pancakes. I had an amazing take on eggs benedict. I highly recommend Prasino - even if just to check out their amazing craft cocktails at the bar.Special Features:
- ServiceGNOSVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is our third and last time going to Prasino which is disappointing. We really find Prasino in a prime location, with good ambience and outdoor seating but the last three times the service has been horrible (starting with the hosts at the front) to the final check. I would tell the owners they need to train their staff to be friendly, knowledgeable and consistent. We wont go back at this point but Im hoping others will benefitSpecial Features:
- Not Open for Lunch on WeekdaysCliffdwellerDined on 8/15/2014Thursday, we arrived at Prasino at 11:30 for lunch. Unfortunately, all the doors were locked. We went elsewhere to eat. Afterward we sat at Prasino's outdoor tables to talk, and the owner came by and told us they didn't serve lunch M-F anymore. We showed him our printed Open Table reservation. He went inside and came out with drinks for us and offered to give us dinner on the house if we returned in the future. He was very nice, and we will definitely take him up on the offer when we go back to Chicago. The manager also apologized for the mix-up with Open Table. They were both very classy about how they handled the situation. We look forward to going back when they are open! Note: ratings are placeholders; couldn't submit review otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open for lunch!MomfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Despite being able to make reservations, the restaurant is no longer open for lunch! Unfortunately, I didn't know this until it was time to meet my guests at the restaurant. Restaurants can change their hours, but they and opentable should have the courtesy of alerting everyone so this doesn't happen. Definitely taints my view of both parties.Special Features:
- Vegans, skip the brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My fiancé and I (both vegan) came here with my cousin and her husband for brunch because we'd been for dinner before and liked it. Online we saw they had a tofu scramble and vegan pancake options, as well as red potato hash or a sweet potato hash. We made a reservation for right when they opened and by the time we got our food there were maybe 5 parties there, if that. First off, they had removed the tofu scramble from the menu, so pancakes and hash were our only options. We got all of them. When our food arrived it was lukewarm, if best. It didn't even feel like it had been sitting under a heat lamp. The pancakes were chewy and flavorless. The potatoes weren't horrible, but they were nothing special either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor seating areaKrisDined on 8/2/2014The patio at Prasino is very nice. I got a vodka-basil-strawberry cocktail that was good, but the glass was still hot-to-the-touch from the dishwasher, which was a bummer. The prices are quite reasonable for being local/hormone & antibiotic-free meats, sustainable seafood, organic produce, etc. The tacos come with 4 small tacos, which is enough for a meal & well-priced at $12. The sushi is just ok. I feel like the menu is a bit all over the place, and so some things are of course stronger than others. We got peanut butter mousse pie for dessert. Large portion & delicious! Maybe the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- overall an outstanding experienceapiciusVIPDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed everything about the restaurant from the friendly, efficient and knowledgeable server to the delicious wine (Maraval, a delighttful rose from Provence, France), to the delicious and varied food (contemporary American, French, Asian, etc). And the large and comfortable outside dining space is delightful with a vibrant street scene on Division.Special Features:
- mfrankDined on 7/25/2014First time dining here and everything was great! We came to brunch. The service was very attentive, food was pretty good, and the drinks were great! Loved how spacious the layout is, most places for brunch it feels like your on top of everyone, that wasn't the case here. Would come back!Special Features:
- EhhMindfulFoodieDined on 7/23/2014My brother and I dined here a few nights ago - a first for both of us. He had the pork belly and scallop tacos and I had the short ribs. There were four small tacos to an order- tasty but not memorable. Three fork-tender portions of the short ribs were served - one was really fatty and almost unedible. The other two were leaner and much more enjoyable. The cauliflower gratin was creatively delicious. I appreciated the generous portion of Swiss chard however it was pretty sandy. A basic for any decent restaurant includes proper vegetable washing and prep and this was an obvious oversight. Service was standard.Special Features:
- Make a Reservation!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I visited here a few weeks ago with girlfriends for brunch and we ended up waiting an hour for a patio table-which was no problem we had a few of the amazing mimosas at the inside bar. So when I went back with my boyfriend this weekend for lunch around noon, I made a reservation and only had to wait about 5 minutes. Only downside is the host/hostesses aren't too friendly. Unless you go up and interrupt them speaking to each-other they wont ask to help you. As a previous restaurant hostess- good thing i'm pushy :)Special Features:
- Quality food & environmentCindyb2476VIPDined on 7/19/2014Love the look and feel of this place. Contemporary and not pretentious. It feels a bit upscale while still being comfortable. There is a big outdoor patio and a lot of seating in the bar area. Food is really good. I had the lobster avocado which is unique and delicious and the fish tacos which were great. There's some fun summer drinks too.Special Features:
- And there's parking!EricaDVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went for late lunch and the menu was pretty expansive (incl beverages). Great quality ingredients made a killer, melt in your mouth pork belly BLT; a way flavorful flatbread; a warm Mediterranean chick pea side dish and some great cocktails. Prices were fine since the portions were so generous that 3 way sharing wouldn't be out of order. The sidewalk cafe is comfortable with some patio-like areas for groups. Breakfast menu looked incredibly decadent. I can't believe we missed out on this place for almost 3 years but we'll be back soon. So many other items to try and with a track record of tasting even better than described, we'll be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Great as always. My friend has lots of food allergies and they are great about accommodating!!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, Decent Valueanubis72VIPDined on 7/18/2014The service was a bit slow, but the food was good and the atmosphere outside was really nice.Special Features:
- Never stops being my favorite.KB23Dined on 7/16/2014This place has been my favorite since they opened...and it only gets better! Love it.Special Features:
- Cocktails Patio StyleMissXDined on 7/12/2014I have been to Prasino only 2x. The first time I loved it! The drinks were fantastic, food was good, service was great. My second time was not as good as the first. They changed the drink menu, I was jus there 3 weeks ago and the fabulous drink my friend wanted was no longer on the menu and they didn't have the ingredients to make it. They also changed the appetizer menu. We had guacamole and chips the last time we were there and those too are off the menu. Who stops serving chips and guacamole?! I am all for changing the menu up, seasonally, not weekly or monthly. The drinks they offered were still delicious. It started to rain on the patio and we had to go in, it was great that the tables in the bar were reserved for us. Classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okgaliDined on 7/11/2014Food is eh ok. Kinda disappointing actually. But loved the service and or wine. That was fantastic!
- Unique and not too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Prasino is much less busy than many of its neighbor restaurants, but is just as good if not better in my opinion. Great food and great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Horrible servicerjonwardDined on 7/10/2014Our waitress was horrible. I mean horrible. Sweet as pie with no clue how to properly attend to a table. We sat outside as a party of 4 for a long night of cocktails and dining only to have a great ambiance and good food be ruined by a waitress who's accent was so thick we had to constantly ask her to repeat what she was saying and constantly forgot we were there. Very disappointed. Where is the manager and how do that not properly train front of the house staff?
- great find!!EllenVIPDined on 7/9/2014We will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant. Superb gourmet food at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- MaddyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Lovely restaurant - terrific food - got very noisy as it filled up and hard to hear one another. Otherwise great choice, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Awesome Find!!!JenaiDined on 7/2/2014I was so happy to find Prasino - the food and service were excellent. The $6 special on glasses of wine of any variety was amazing. I can't wait to visit Chicago again and come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific patio. varied menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/27/2014This is a great place to enjoy a variety of foods, most really tasty. The lobster avocado dish, bruschetta, salads are all tasty and creative. Not really sure why a restaurant needs tacos AND sushi but it's a nice place to take a group so that everyone can get something they like.Special Features:
- Not to missMarquisVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great salads and entrees, and what a view from the outside seating. Reminds me of a cool rooftop in New York! I'll definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchWickerParkDineDined on 6/15/2014Good place for eight of us, one being a two year old. Good service, interesting menu. A couple of us arrived early and had a good drink at the bar. A "happening" kind of place.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast Spot-WIcker ParkmezzDined on 6/15/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our Father's Day breakfast at Prasino's. Even our picky teenager had good things to say. The contemporary outdoor dining space was large and inviting on a warm weekend morning. The menu offered favorite breakfast items, but with a creative twist. Crab Cakes eggs benedict. Pretzel brioche french toast. Sweet potato hash....tasty little things that made the menu delightfully surprising. My first bite of the enormous HIppie Omelet (Basil, Spinach, Goat Cheese) was an explosion of fresh herb flavors. Fantastic. Recommended. (Easy parking on the weekends, by the way, as you can use the parking lot at the school right across the street. A big plus!)Special Features:
- On my top 3!yodermrDined on 6/14/2014Fabulous menu, taste explosions with every item. Impeccable staff. They deserve double tip for sure :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening at Prasino!RTChiDined on 6/12/2014Had not been to Prasino in a while and I really enjoyed it. The outdoor seating area is really nice. Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Ambiance is greatTarsVIPDined on 6/9/2014Our food was just ok. Two of us had fish tacos and the fish was somewhat "fishy" tasting. So many places do fish tacos these days - if they are on a menu they should be excellent - or don't do them. However - love the atmosphere here. Comfortable and a great spot in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Favorite place to dinevinhock1Dined on 6/8/2014I usually visit Prasino once a week unless traveling. The food is excellent, the wait is not long and the ambiance fits my friends and I perfectly. Love love love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchelizabeth2651Dined on 6/8/2014Beautiful, chill, hip, vibrant atmosphere. Delicious food, fresh and flavorful. A bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful decor & lovely windowsyogaemilyDined on 6/6/2014I loved the look & feel of the restaurant. Modern & comfortable. The tables have generous space in between. The salads are amazing & the flat bread pizza was a hit! Loved the raspberry sorbet too - tart & tangy :)Special Features:
- good not greatkittybittyDined on 6/6/2014I expected a lot because I had heard such good things about Prasino. It's very attractive in all ways but the food was good, not great. Granted, I only had fish tacos, but they were kind of tasteless. The lobster and avocado appetizer was yummy and the drinks were very refreshing. I would go again and try something else.
- The following 734 reviews are from the Prasino-Wicker Park reviews archive.
- Loved it!ChelleroseDined on 5/31/2014Went here for the first time with a friend from out of town last week, had a delicious brunch with drinks on Sunday. The food was amazing, fresh ingredients and everyone's dish was equally good. Decided to go back a few days later, they have a great drink special m-w and serve breakfast to 3 everyday! Seriously love this place nestled in wicker park.Special Features:
- Love this place!LeoliDined on 5/31/2014Prasino is te perfect brunch spot especially on a pretty day. Their outdoor dining area is beautiful and great for people watching! We absolutely loved this place! Extensive drink list that won't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I really liked the ambiance and the food was good.Special Features:
- Excellent place!Foodie4lifeDined on 5/26/2014My wife and I go out a lot and this was one of the best brunch experiences we have had in Chicago (granted it was 75 and sunny and we had a patio seat). But the service was wonderful and the food was top notch. All 4 of us ordered something different but equally tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and locationzgreenwDined on 5/25/2014I had dinner with my girlfriend on a Sunday night, and it was perfect. The wine list is excellent, and their unique menu has an incredible assortment of food to choose from. I am definitely coming back!Special Features:
- PrasinoAgnes04VIPDined on 5/25/2014Overall a great experience...Food was great...Tuna Tartare one of the best in the city. Rachel, our server, was super nice and helpful. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.