Prasino - St. Charles, MO
1520 South Fifth St.
Saint Charles, MO 63303Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Prasino - St. Charles, MO
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.prasino.com/home.php
- Phone: 6362770202x
- Hours of Operation:
mon - thurs 8 am – 11 pm or later
friday - saturday 8 am - 1:30 am
sunday 8 am- 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tony Marchetto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available.
- Special Events: www.prasino.com for details
A word from Prasino - St. Charles, MO
Prasino is an eco-friendly restaurant in St. Louis, MO that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The name of the restaurant is the Greek word for green which is at the heart of the restaurant's mission - to provide healthy food at an affordable price in a modern, environmentally conscious setting.Continued
Prasino emphasizes seasonal, local, and organic food whenever possible. Its commitment to sustainability is incorporated in Prasino's eco-chic design.
Prasino emphasizes seasonal, local, and organic food whenever possible. Its commitment to sustainability is incorporated in Prasino's eco-chic design.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Prasino - St. Charles, MO - Best Restaurants in St. Charles ›
Prasino - St. Charles, MO reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (139)special occasion (116)good for groups (115)neighborhood gem (98)vibrant bar scene (97)hot spot (92)great for brunch (87)great for outdoor dining (86)great for lunch (76)notable wine list (71)romantic (55)late-night find (37)kid-friendly (21)scenic view (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/15/2014Every single thing that I put in my mouth was great, from drinks to appetizers, to desserts. This place is top notch.Special Features:
- Limited Choices for MeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately, many of the items on the menu were foods that I am allergic to. The salads are prepared using spring mixes and other choices had arugula as an ingredient or other ingredients that do not agree with me. The menu is small. I ordered the spinach stuffed crepes and that dish was excellent.Special Features:
- One of Our St. Louis Area FavoritesAndiODined on 9/13/2014This is the second time we have been to Prasino, and we will keep coming back. The menu is a bit limited with not a lot of choices compared to other places, but the food is exquisite, with amazing flavors and great presentation. This time I had the pretzel bread french toast with white chocolate and salted caramel topping and I literally savored every single bite. Prices are good--not cheap but not really expensive, but the servings are good sized. We will continue coming here when we get the chance. Also, the service is always top notch with people making sure your drinks are filled at all times, plates cleared, and food out quickly. The service is not overbearing. You still have your privacy and can enjoy your meal without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- "special" scallopsoldsaladDined on 9/12/2014My scallops off menu "special" selection was perfectly prepared. The scallops were served on a bed of steamed rice with a sweet sauce spiced with grilled jalapeño bits. The mild sweet and spicy flavor blended perfectly with the mild tasting scallops. Our server, Taylor, was spot on as well. Another great meal at Prasino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayEnmqk3Dined on 9/12/2014This place was okay, the atmosphere was freezing, portions were small and the desert was like bite size, tiny! And we told them of was our 1 year anniversary and they did not even acknowledge it.Special Features:
- Food & ServiceClaudineDined on 9/12/2014The food is amazing and the service is great! It's just a little loud when it's crowded.Special Features:
- Love it!Mimi99Dined on 9/10/2014Prasinos consistently delivers. Unique food and drink items, great quality, local produce - excellent meals and conversational friendly service. Every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free delight!LivingGFDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for a great breakfast/ brunch spot that had gluten free options for some out of town guests. Prasino did not disappoint! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal! The gluten free pancakes were a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that's it made out to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014If you like loud over priced trendy restaurants this is your place. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Had lunch with 4 other ladies and we enjoyed it very much. The service was truly outstanding! The food was great! It's just a really nice place to go. Prices seemed a little high, but not too bad for an occasional special event. I would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Food was amazingJpeezyDined on 9/5/2014I made a reservation online with open table. When I arrived 30 min early, they were busy, so I checked in with the hostess and told her I would be at the bar until my table was ready. 30 min goes by and I was forgotten about. I then noticed that people who were also waiting at the bar for their table were given pagers. I wasn't. At waiting 45 min I finally just ordered from the bar. The bartenders were phenomenal and quick to serve. I ate the lobster tail, hummus, and scallop and pork belly tacos. Amazing is all I can say. The tacos were so unbelievably good I'll be talking about them for a while. Other than the hostess situation, I would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodaquagirlDined on 9/5/2014This wonderful restaurant has something for everyone, especially those who are vegans, vegetarians, meat lovers or who are gluten intolerant. The menu is diverse, and the dishes are scrumptious! Three of us had the special - Alaskan sockeye salmon with gnocchi, green beans, shallots, tomatoes and a generous helping of onion rings sprinkled on top. We all loved it! The Heirloom Tomato Salad was also excellent, as was the fresh berry crepe for dessert. We keep on returning, and the food and service are superb each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Joelle1123Dined on 9/4/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service! We love this place and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersHardtopleasefoodiesDined on 9/3/2014My oldest son is a seafood rep and knows all the great chefs in town. On his recommendation we chose Prasino for our 31st Anniversary Dinner. It was SO good!!! One pet peeve with Restaurants in modern commercial storefronts is that high ceilings can't be lowered and although it creates a huge space that seems extravagant, it kills the ambiance and intimacy and quadruples the noise levels. All in all, Great food (the freshness,organic and locally sourced items) the service and vibe for a Wednesday evening after a four day Holiday weekend and past dinner rush. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, extremely slow servicestldinerDined on 8/30/2014I frequent Prasino as I work nearby. Service is always slow at lunch, but dinner was so slow we actually thought about leaving. 20 minutes to get our drink, 1 hour before the appetizer arrived and it wasn't particularly crowded. The food is excellent. They just need to work on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food don't waiter disappearedcloverDined on 8/28/2014Great food but waiter disappeared for lengthy time. Don't sit by windows the A/C will turn your skin blue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- return customerJtoddDined on 8/28/2014Prasino is one of my favorite places to visit with awesome food and love the quality and fresh choices. I think it has been my favorite place to bring friends and out of town visitors due to the freshness and also selections for vegan and gluten free foods. The only complaint from my new visitors has been the noise level due to the dining acoustics. I love the cleanliness and the service has always been according to my variety of friends I have visiting. Some things should never leave your menu like the beet salad and the morning egg benedict choices. So hope you keep up the good food and service. Thanks for a great new resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new fav restaurantHappygirlDined on 8/26/2014Prasino is exquisite. The quality of the food is exceptional. We have been there for brunch, in a large group, for special occasions, etc. Each time I go, it gets better and better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattanyaDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great, but too noisy. Waiter forgot to bring our drinks but after we reminded he did and didn't charge us for that. We ordered 1/2 chicken under a brick, sliced lamb sandwich, prasino hamburger, Greek salads. All was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food, stick with winetvhstlDined on 8/23/2014Food - The food is always incredible but the mixed drinks never seem to have alcohol. Any of the dishes with a Latin theme are surprisingly good. Service - Recently the service has been odd. We went for diner on Saturday and the waiter was annoyingly upbeat. Also multiple people kept serving our table. When we asked who our waiter was we were told they all serve the tables together. This means that I have to answer the same questions repeatedly. There were many visits to our table which meant many conversational interruptions. I also went for brunch and the waitress had no idea what she was doing. There was no sharing of the service on that day. Decor - The decor is modern but very loud. They really need some sound dampening.Special Features:
- tomato saladOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Seasonal tomato salad was absolutely awesome, but marghrita flatbread was just so so this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great- Service OddOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was great. The service was odd. The waiter gave me a hard time because I didn't order a drink besides water. I didn't want too, but finally had to tell him that I can't drink because I am pregnant. (none of his business) he also gave a friend a hard time because she wanted ice for her water. After we paid our bill, we talked for a while and no one came to our table and asked us if we needed anything else like more drinks. (we were there for over an hour.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, DiverseHawksBluesDined on 8/22/2014Mixes quality and creativity to produce a menu with some original choices. Takes the lowly STL pork steak and turns it into something memorable. High quality for a mid-priced restaurant. Only complaint is the high noise level-- makes conversation difficult.Special Features:
- Second time not as goodgolferseat2Dined on 8/22/2014We had dinner at Prasino previously and found the decor to be fresh, stark, and tasteful. The menu was interesting and the food was delicious. On this our second dinner, we attended as a party of 7. We ordered seven different entres. I preceded mine with their flagship salad (greens, red onions, berries, oranges, balsamic). The greens were bitter and the salad was nothing special. We all agreed that we probably would not be going back as we had to struggle to decide on an entre to try and none of use were enthused about the food when it was delivered.Special Features:
- Great food and awesome service.foodforfunDined on 8/18/2014Thank you very much for the wonderful dinner and service. Our group had never been to your restaurant and we are excited to go back and try more great items on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding BrunchSYHTHDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated my sisters birthday over a family brunch and enjoyed our meal and the ambiance of the restaurant. Kyle was our waiter and couldn't thank him enough for his attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neur0nDined on 8/16/2014Truly delicious food creations. A change of pace from the usual fare around St. Charles. An upscale feel without the pretension. One of my reliable go-to spots, and I'm glad I took my family here for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsJeannieDined on 8/15/2014Nice meal. Only complaint I have is at 6:30 pm, they were out of the blackened redfish special. This was unknown to our server at the time of placing the order. Seems a little "fishy" to run out of the off the menu special before peak dinner crowd on a Friday night. I ordered the halibut in its place and it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not for me.NottoimpressedDined on 8/15/20141st timer. Place was clean and people were nice. Not sure why we were sat next to the NOISY kitchen when there were plenty of other seats. Not one to complain in person. Waitress was nice, but food was a little pricey for what it was. Probably won't return.
- No Competition Locally in CuisineKEZKMODined on 8/15/2014I brought a small group of 5 adults on Friday, 8/16, after previewing Prasino a week before and making arrangements with my waiter to handle our table and reserved on OpenTable. Monday, August 11, I called Prasino to speak to our waiter, and he was out of town, but was scheduled to work on Friday. The waiter did call me on Wednesday, confirmed he would be there and wait on our group. Friday, I arrived early and was informed our waiter was called off work by the Manager. As the hostess was seating me, the Manager appeared and I asked for a different table that would be more accessible for our group and waited until they prepared one for us. Our food and waitress were excellent. I received no points that Open Table promised.Special Features:
- Great birthday party hangoutchocolatefiendDined on 8/14/2014While visiting last year we found Prasino and enjoyed the food more than once. This year during another business trip several of us went to dinner for a friend's 70th birthday. None of us are locals - 4 from various US states, 1 from Canada and 1 from Belgium. We all know great food and it was fabulous. Our waiter was not only knowledgeable about the menu but explained why he liked specific dishes and what was great about the ones we asked for more information on. He could have sold us on anything, he was so knowledgeable about each dish and very enthusiastic. The drinks, wine, dinner and dessert were all great. The only downside is the noise level - it's just too loud for a dinner where you want to talk a lot. But definitely fun!Special Features:
- jazzyj123Dined on 8/9/2014awesome breakfast this past Saturday morning. There to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. Waiter was great and service and food. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....AlohaDined on 8/7/2014The food and employees are great. But the noise bounces everywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and servicepamstlVIPDined on 8/5/2014They have a good menu and the service is good. The outdoor area was very nice. Inside is very loud and makes it very difficult to talkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Prasino has a very open atmosphere, with organic/eco-friendly lunch menu selections. Since I was there for lunch, I cannot comment on the dinner menu. At the height of lunch, however, it was a little loud, as the open dining area reflected sounds a little too much for my liking. Not a deal breaker though, as the openness and natural lighting made this an enjoyable place for lunch.Special Features:
- PrasinoLovedPrasinoDined on 8/2/2014Our time at Prasino was wonderful. Our waitress was excellent (I can't remember her name), and the food was wonderful. With our reservation, we didn't have to wait long to get in. The only problem we had, was that we were seated next to a large group of women. They were very loud, and even screamed at lot at times. We had to shout to hear each other talk. We were back in the room where they have refrigerated wine cases. There were plenty of other tables in this room, but the hostess chose to seat us right next to this loud group. It wouldn't have been too bad if she had, at least, sat us on the opposite side of the room. Other than that, our dinner was excellent, and we will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!DebbieDined on 8/2/2014The noise level is pretty high here, but what a great place to dine!! Wait staff seemed a little rushed (things forgotten), but the overall experience was wonderful. The best shrimp tacos I have ever had. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food but not family friendly12345678Dined on 8/1/2014Great organic/natural food with great taste but it is not a place to take little kids. Music is very loud and no menu for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was excellent as was the service. We will definitely be back to experience more of the menu. Note some of the online reviews complained about noise level, but we found the noise level acceptable and easy to talk over around without raising your voice.Special Features:
- Will be backSteveDined on 7/30/2014I have been there 3 times the servoce and food is very goodSpecial Features: