Pranzo Italian Restaurant
1225 Santa Rosa Blvd
Destin, FL 32548Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pranzo Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pranzoseafood.com/
- Phone: 8502449955
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ryan Montalto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for parties between 30 and 120 people. Special menu pricing starting at $21.95. Full service bar also available.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Montalto 8502449955
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights 7:30 pm
Friday Nights 8:30 pm - Till
Saturday Nights 8:30 pm - Till
Sunday Brunch 11:00 am - 2:30 on selected hollidays
A word from Pranzo Italian Restaurant
The all new Pranzo Seafood Italian Style is an Italian restaurant centrally located on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Our doors have been open for dining since 2000. We are a Montalto family owned and operated establishment. The Montalto family has been in the restaurant business in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area for over 29 years. As a family owned and operated Italian restaurant, we offer our customers exceptional food at an affordable price. We strive to make your dining experience a memorable one with an emphasis on family dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pranzo Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Not even openOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/29/2014The ratings above are because the system forced me to. We were looking forward to our dinner only to arrive and find he restaurant was not even open. We ended up having to drive and find another place to eat dinner, wait for a table, etc with two hungry kids. This location should not take reservations if they won't be open.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Omg. The food was so awesome we went back a 2nd night. Fresh. The trigger was amazing. Serve was a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKKPPPDined on 7/7/2014From the reviews, we expected a lot more. Food was OK, but not as good as many Italian restaurants I've been to. KC and St Louis have great Italian food so maybe i'm just spoiled. $5 martini's were a plus.
- A great find in Ft. WaltonBamamomVIPDined on 7/3/2014We've been going to Destin regularly for over 10 years but had never been to this Italian seafood restaurant off Hwy 98 just west of the Gulfarium. We made a reservation for 6pm on July 3rd and the restaurant was quiet and uncrowded, although it started filling up by the time we left. The decor was tasteful and elegant, the food was excellent, well prepared and presented, and we hit happy hour as well! I requested my fish to be prepared plain and asked for vegetables in place of the Italian grits that came with the dish - the chef was accommodating and my meal was perfect. We are glad to find them on Open Table. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointednkycatDined on 6/22/2014You confirmed my reservation and when I went there they were not open. Very disappointed and disgusted with your service.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Pranzo Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great foodracbrookDined on 5/23/2014There were 6 of us and we all enjoyed our meals. Appetizers were very good also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 5/20/2014The restaurant is SO convenient and does offer a really nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I have been dining here since we PCS'd here and fell in love the first time. It still has maintained the best customer service and delicious Italian dishes so far I this area.Special Features:
- Not so good for business dinnerMikeDined on 1/30/2014Wait staff rude. Meal average. Will not go there again. Facility unacceptable for a business dinner.
- Deal!kathiDined on 1/18/2014They have a 10 for $10 menu! The choices were good and the food was good. This was a Saturday night, I don't know if they have this menu every night. We had the tiramisu for dessert and it was very good and so huge it fed all 4 of us.Special Features:
- Rainy weatherSUZYQDined on 12/28/2013The night we met at Pranzo's the weather was awful. The rain on the metal roof was very loud so it did interfere with conversation, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Food was great! House wine was excellent, too. We took advantage of the early bird specials and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Pranzo's of FWBJeff80Dined on 11/29/2013I am never disappointed when I go to Pranzo's. The Italian food is the best in the area and the service is always excellent. It is a great place for family gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mid-week dinnerGeorgeDined on 10/23/2013Reservations weren't needed mid-week off-season, and we had a nice dinner. The bar was busier than the tables, and quite a few locals were meeting friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Time was Had by AllOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2013Our server was friendly, funny, and attentive. He helped make the dinner with family and friends even better. Everyone throughly enjoyed their dinners, the sea food was fresh and prepared very nicely. This is a good choice for groups and couples. The prices are very reasonable. Ask for James.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Portions!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2013When we first arrived, we were seated and waited for about 10 minutes before anyone came to wait on us. The night turned out great though as the waiter that did take care of us was very attentive. The food was great but be warned: portions are large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dining at this restaurant.goodfriendsgoodfoodDined on 6/28/2013Enjoyed dining at this restaurant. Always celebrate our groups birthdays at this place. Good food, wine, drinks and value for money.Special Features:
- Great place.nkycatDined on 6/19/2013We had a group of 12 including 4 children. Everyone's food was delicious. The service was great and the restaurant was well appointed. This was a great change of pace from the noisy seafood restaurants that we had been to all week. We definitely will go back in September.Special Features:
- Local FunBeachteachDined on 6/13/2013I have lived in this area for many years and I have watched this restaurant grow .This restaurant has only become better with age! Thank you for a great place for locals to go!Special Features:
- The food was awful. PastaluncherVIPDined on 6/4/2013The food was awful. Pasta tasted like it had been made days ahead of time and heated up. Waiter was friendly and service was good. Only a few diners in the restaurant, that should have been our first clue.
- Great dinner on vacationYumyum1Dined on 5/29/2013In glad I found this place! The food was excellent. I was able to recommend to a friend who hasn't lived in Destin long. Don't forget your kiddie cup if you have children you don't want drinking out of a glass. My 2 year old was ok with it but I was paranoid. Hopefully they'll invest in disposable cups for kids soon. Other than that if I lived here locally it would be a place I frequented for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013We were a party of 6 with a toddler. Food was fabulous and the service excellent. We will definately be back for lumch or dinner on our next trip to Destin area. I cant believe we have been coming to Destin for years and never found Pranzos until now. To think of all the wonderful brunches and dinners we missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great serviceBlairsvilleDined on 5/25/2013There were 3 of us for dinner. The service was was fast, attentive and friendly. We were seated immediately. Our server was friendly and very knowledgable of the menu. The wait time in between entrees was perfect. I don't like my salads and appetizer at the same time. The food was very tasty especially the crab dip appetizer. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs and I enjoyed it. I would recommend this restaurant for a med priced italian dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOldguyandgalDined on 5/18/2013Delightful experience, from being seated by the hostess, cared for by the wait staff, and the dinner was excellent. First time for Pranzos, but definately on our list of new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation surprisefoodlover2Dined on 5/16/2013Richard & Terry were our servers and they were great. Before we could even ask for something, it was there. There was a live band and the atmosphere was festive. The food was lusciois. Seafood & lobster ravioli were great. We went back on SSunday for brunch. It was wonderful as well. We both really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2013After a good meal, we left my credit card at the restaurant. I discovered this the next day, some 250 miles away. I called and they had found it and are sending it to me A continuation of the excellent service we received during our meal ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Rose for Mother'sPatrickDined on 5/12/2013Loved the Rose for Mother's Day Brunch. Will come more often but not sit at the bar table for two (Not enough room)Special Features:
- I have eaten at this restaurantFloridaBulldogDined on 5/6/2013I have eaten at this restaurant many times before it was remodeled and it was always excellent. The new staff does not seem the have polish they once were known for. The service was very slow for having so few patrons.Special Features:
- Pranzo is slightly off theDrewDined on 5/1/2013Pranzo is slightly off the beaten path across from another "neighborhood gem" in Pandora's. I've lived in Fort Walton Beach for four years and was only just told about Pranzo. I will certainly go back to this restraunt. The food was perfectly cooked and seasoned. While I had the tuna which was $32(worth every penny) everything else seemed to be pretty cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful crab dip with largeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013Wonderful crab dip with large pieces of crabs. Bread and three different dips to suit anyone. Seafood cannelloni also very good and such generous portions. Prices are very fair and its a nice change from all of the 'fish n chips' at the beach restaurants. Quiet place, we just happen to have a fairly large group nearby celebrating. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013Food and ambience we much better before they renovated. Now prices are too high for the quality. Bread was so hard we couldn't eat the crust then one of the servers tried to tell us that that's the way it was supposed to be. I will not be coming back.
- With a tile floor and a metalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013With a tile floor and a metal ceiling, very noisy.Special Features:
- Food was overall was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Food was overall was good, but the restaurant was very noisy..bad accustics service was Ok , but restaurant seemed a little confused like it hadn't been open for a long period of timeSpecial Features:
- 7 people seated in a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/20137 people seated in a very tight spot.5:30 res. no one in the place. Server-new rushed.Was in a hurry to get orders. Mahi smelled so strong others at table commented on odor. Egg plant parm was like a sponge when touched with a fork. Lasagna noodles were like cardboard,thin sauce. Chicken parm-good,and other entree good. Had to send back cool clam chowder soup.....Owner nor manager addressed our issues.Waiter did remove several items from final bill, but management did not speak with us. We are locals and have been patrons over the last 10 years, this was very dissapointing. May not ever return.Special Features:
- The new look of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The new look of the restaurant was fabulous! The food was wonderful! We enjoyed ourselves. They had a great live singer/guitar player which made the experience more enjoyable.
- We love Pranzos!! Best keptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We love Pranzos!! Best kept secret in the Destin Florida area. We are locals and do not want the tourists to find this wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding renovationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great renovations. The new layout is much better. New menu was good. Food was excellent, maybe too large with a side of pasta.Special Features:
- Best Italian in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012Great atmosphere for a relaxing quiet dinner. The food, as always, is delicious. Generous portions. Eggplant with limoncello sauce appetizer is our favorite. Wait staff always accommodating and pleasant.Special Features:
- I've been to your RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012I've been to your Restaurant on several occasion and always enjoy the food, staff and service.Special Features:
- Worth a second lookOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012We enjoyed our dinner. The service seemed distracted and kind of pushy. I had a Veal dish that proved to be tough, it did taste good. I will have to try it again, but I did come away thinking that this place had good potential and a lot of pieces in place to be a great Restaurant, but it fell short.
- Great Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012I took my wife here for her birthday. The service was impeccable from the moment we set foot in the door. The food was excellent, with large portions. The alfredo sauce was the best I've ever had. My iced tea and water glass never got below half full before being refreshed. Overall, I will go back again and bring more people with me.Special Features: