Pranzo Italian Grill
540 Montezuma Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pranzo Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pranzosantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059842645
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9pm, Sunday: 3pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Lemon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer private rooms for groups of 20-300. See the website for menu offerings. www.pranzosantafe.com/catering
- Private Party Facilities: 4 choices of room for private dining. Groups as small as 25, large as 100. Meal plans from Italian to Mediteranean to Creative Modern American.
- Private Party Contact: Michael O'Reilly 5059842645
- Entertainment: David Geist is our Broadway pianist, veteran of 600 performances of CATS on Broadway, often with vocalists in the Geist Cabaret. We have brought Tony Award winners to the Cabaret for weekend gigs. Guest stars frequently perform.
- Special Events: Every Sunday Every bottle of wine on our list of 120 is half priced!!!
A word from Pranzo Italian Grill
Located in the Sanbusco Market Center on the Western edge of the Historic District, Pranzo has been a local favorite since 1988. We received the Wine Spectator 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2012 and 2013 Awards of Excellence. Broadway vocalists and pianists are featured in the Geist Cabaret Fridays and Saturdays. From Pizza Margherita to Linguine Carbonara, to Prime Colorado Ribeye Steak, Pranzo boasts Santa Fe's favorite Italian American cuisine, most knowledgeable waitstaff, New Mexico's deepest list of great Italian wines and 20 wines by the glass served Normale (6.3 oz.) and Gigante (9 oz.). Chef Steven Lemon greets multiple Northern New Mexico farmers in his kitchen each week to buy the finest and freshest produce available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pranzo Italian Grill - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Pranzo Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JCOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014Terrible, rude service. They advertise half price bottles of wine on Sunday, but are out if everything on the wine list. Used to be good food, which is bland & boring now. We will not return.
- Second TasteDelightmytongueDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit for lunch at this restaurant. Like the first, the food was superb, from the penne dish to the curry salmon. The Caesar salad was better than most, and the dessert was delicious. The waitress was prompt, attentive when needed, and properly personable. We will go again, probably at dinner.Special Features:
- GREATDorisDined on 8/19/2014We all enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ItalianamiraDined on 8/19/2014Food is delicious and atmosphere is great. Every time I go to Santa Fe, I have to get dinner at Pronzo!Special Features:
- Too COLD to know....4warnedis4armedDined on 8/18/2014Unfortunately the usually steady Pranzo was not able to respond to our request to reduce the AC and we had to leave before ordering. The hostess was uncaring. Just a few weeks before when La Plazuela at La Fonda was cold, my friend was immediately offered a light wool wrap. This staff could use a great deal of seasoning....
- Good pastaalwaysthere1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Our service was outstanding and the seafood stew was excellent. Our drinks were a bit watered down even though we asked for them to be stirred and not shakenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant comfort ItalianCliveVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a very nice place for a basic Italian dinner. Its comfortable, has good service and a very basic and decent menu, fairly priced. This is a good choice for Italian here if you are up to a nice sauce and tasty italian meats.Special Features:
- jischnitVIPDined on 7/25/2014A wonderful evening of food and music in the Cabaret.
- NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCEDebnmDined on 7/25/2014Sorry to report we were extremely disappointed in our latest dinner. The noise level was incredible, people now seems to have the hooray for me attitude with no consideration for other peoples dining experience. To top it off the maître d decided to cram a table of six next to us that was meant to serve a party of four. There was literally no room between us what so ever so we decided to leave. The food was just ok, nothing special. It will be a while before I try Pranzos again.
- Very bad on many levelsSantaFeLocalVIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant was one of our favorites in Santa Fe. Under the new management of chef henry eating here is very disappointing. Food quality & portions took a big hit. Prices went up. Their senior wait staff was fired and replaced with inexperienced folks. Our last two visits resulted in our sending back our dishes. This never happened before. Other diners were sending dishes back also. Since this is the high tourist season the restaurant will be busy. however it's the locals that come back in the off season. This local will not.
- Consistently goodchefjudeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer and pasta entrees. Shrimp in mine were generous and cooked perfectly. Server attentive and courteous. One of our favorites in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old and tiredoutandaboutDined on 7/10/2014Overpriced and basic, nothing special. Mostly all seniors, the restaurant was completely empty by 9:30, but the kind staff let me and my date stay and talk at our table.
- Prices too highoperabuffDined on 7/4/2014We go to Pranzo at least once a year for our special dinner for attending the Santa Fe Opera. Normally, the food is excellent. This time the food was just okay. And at $20 for a dish of spaghetti, it was way over priced. We will think twice before we go back.
- Change in OwnershipDonMemoDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I have eaten here numerous times over the years and have enjoyed our experience. The restaurant has new ownership and the service was spotty. One of our orders was wrong and has to be redone. The owner chef did being the redo to our table but the food was just average. Not sure if we will go back as there are many other good restaurants in town.
- Thanks for ShufflingRtwoDined on 7/1/2014As our main course was about to arrive, an over-cologned party was seated next to us. I asked to be moved and was pleased with the attitude from our waitstaff, as they were sympathetic to our wanting to actually taste our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsSandpupDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding Italian food. Creative chef with a wonderful menu.Special Features:
- DickDickDined on 6/21/2014Excellent service. Moderate portions. Parking in Sanbusco center is tight. Go around behind restaurant to find hidden parking area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPinSFDined on 6/17/2014This was our first visit to Pranzo but will not be our last. Very good food and a nice place for friends to visit over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDMMinSantaFeDined on 6/15/2014Nice bar area. Good food and great wine list but can get expensive quickly.Special Features:
- Great Service during a busy timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014The service was amazing during the 7 to 9PM time frame. We arrived for our 7PM reservation and was seated immediately. Our Server welcomed us and took our drink and food order with a fast kitchen delivering our food incredibly fast.Special Features:
- Bravo Vino SundayIndoirishDined on 6/8/2014Love going to Pranzo Restaurant about 4:30 PM on Sundays. Pranzo has all bottles of wine 1/2 off on Sundays!! This time they had Halibut Piccata as a daily special. Which was very delicious. Deconstructed Cesar salad is one of our favorite dishes. Chef Steven Lemon is a very talented chef and excels at creating innovative dishes. We also like pizza akal with hot sausage or pepperoni (every northern New Mexican must try this dish at least once as is or with meat).Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSmittyDined on 5/30/2014Was a fan of Pranzo a few years ago. Chef left and they went downhill. The Chef has return ed and has ownership in Pranzo. What a great surprise the old Pranzo is back and better! The food was exceptional and the service was friendly and efficient. The wine list is very good. Great California( Shafer ) and many Italian including an Amarone. The chef/owner and sommelier took the time to come to our table and chat. I would highly recommend Pranzo for food, Wine, service and ambiance. When in Santa Fe go to PRANZO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for lunch...calmdinerDined on 5/20/2014White table clothes without being too pricy. Service is good. Food is great and they have a gluten-free pasta that can be substituted. Most important (to me) is that it is quiet so I can have a relaxed lunch and visit with friends.Special Features:
- FavoriteMarySDined on 5/18/2014We always enjoy Pronzo's for two reasons. They have great specials on their wines, either half-price on Sundays for a bottle or early bird specials during the week. We appreciate their promotions - free dessert for an anniversary or a birthday. We are older and don't like huge portions - we appreciate their half portion option on pasta dishes or during early bird dining. It is a restaurant that does what we like best.Special Features:
- Better nowlocavoreDined on 5/18/2014Pranzo's has gone through some changes over the years. The upstairs, which is cozy and comfortable (especially in winter) and has a nice view during the day, used to have mediocre food and great ambience, including live entertainment (mostly geezers' music). Now the upstairs, according to staff, is reserved for parties and groups. The good news is that the food is much improved. The old chef apparently has bought the restaurant and is producing much tastier pasta. With better food, the downstairs is a worthwhile stop, especially considering its location in the Sanbusco Center, next door to World Market, and right around the corner from the Santa Fe Depot train station. It's a great place to eat before catching the train home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShadyDined on 5/17/2014It was our third trip to Santa Fe and we have gone here every time and every time has bmmendeen special. The service is excellent. We highly recommend for a great Italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm Hooked!crayesqDined on 5/17/2014I came across Pranzo through OT. We had an early reservation and the place was quiet; by the time we left, it was almost full and very energetic. Our server was great, sharing that she had worked under Chef Lemon back in the early 90s. On her recommendation I ordered the red snapper which was cooked to perfection, a bit crisp on the surface but moist inside. The sauce was fantastic. My wife had the half order of linguine carbonara; quite good if a tad over-sauced for her tastes. Dessert was wonderful (grilled lemon sorbet and tiramisu). The restaurant shows its age (a tear in the booth seat cover, color schemes, etc.), but the food is the real draw, of course. It will be exciting to see what Chef Lemon does in the future.Special Features:
- When in doubt go to PranzoLynsfriendDined on 5/16/2014This well located Italian restaurant has reliably good food AND the availability of half portions....a real boon for smaller eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAlwaysup4greatfoodDined on 5/14/2014The food is great and the wine selection is notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We had an early Mother's Day dinner with our 87 year old Mother. She's very particular in her food selection and we always attempt to find a dining spot that will meet Mom's requirements as well as ours, interesting, exceptional and well presented meals. Well, these folks got thumbs up from all of us. The food was spectacular, the wine list was extensive, the service outstanding and the price/value was exceptional.Special Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Pranzo Italian Grill reviews archive.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014First time I've been, but won't be the last. Everything was great! Food was fantastic and service was perfect. I don't like that they don't have free refills on lemonade, but whatever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good original eatssuanDined on 5/2/2014we hadn't been to pranzo's since it was under new ownership and we were pleasantly surprised. the food was really good and original, i had the chicken and my husband had the lamb shank. we had enough to take some home. we will be going back often. the service was very good and room was pleasant as always and i like it much better under the new owner/chiefSpecial Features:
- Price worthy, geat serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We are pleased you continue the prix fixe menu. It is a great deal in these arduous times. Greg is consistently a professional.Yours is "Euorpean Ambiance.Special Features:
- Kitchen Angels support nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014The food was excellent, especially the red snapper my son ordered. My husband's pizza was good as was my salmon pasta dish, but I must admit I wished I had ordered the snapper and risotto instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChefSteveoDined on 4/18/2014After reading a few reviews, I was a little skeptical about the new chef. Although the menu has been greatly reduced, the quality and taste of food have been not.Special Features:
- Perfect Italian DelightNewMexicoVeganDined on 4/16/2014When my mother-in-law came to visit, she requested to eat Italian, and I immediately thought of Pronzo. My mother-in-law, my wife, and I are all vegans, and we were delighted that our waitress was flexible enough to change some of the menu offerings to accommodate our dining needs. The food was tasty, as usual, and the whole dining experience was wonderful. We will definitely recommend Pronzo to others and keep coming back ourselves to enjoy the food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceGoldbugDined on 4/4/2014It was Friday night and very busy but I was pleased we were able to get in without a problem. Food was very well prepared and since we had been eating Mexican food most of the week, it was great to be able to have something different. Very new place and the waitstaff were very helpful in spite of the fact you could see they were really busy. Noise level was pretty high so I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a quiet evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly authentic ItalianJoeyRocketDined on 3/27/2014Need to clean up the menu and fix some of the errors. Wait staff need some educating. Spaghettini and spaghetti are not the same thing. Cavatelli are not gnocchi. Finally, and most funny; are they serving Turkish meatballs or turkey meatballs? The poor translation into Italian led me to think there are no Italians anywhere near that restaurant. But the food surprised me. Desserts were good too. My friend had a cannolo and loved it. I had the lemon sorbet which was excellent.Special Features:
- Only so-sogglauDined on 3/16/2014They were out of the special (a large group, they claimed); the menus were soiled; our waiter had too many tables. When we did get served, the food wasn't bad and we might go back . . . but also may not.
- when dining in santa fedmanDined on 3/1/2014good food . nice bar. live music upstairs. nice atmosphere.Special Features: