Pranzo Italian Grill
540 Montezuma Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pranzo Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pranzosantafe.com/
- Phone: (505) 984-2645
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9pm, Sunday: 3pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Steven Lemon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer private rooms for groups of 20-300. See the website for menu offerings. www.pranzosantafe.com/catering
- Private Party Facilities: 4 choices of room for private dining. Groups as small as 25, large as 100. Meal plans from Italian to Mediteranean to Creative Modern American.
- Private Party Contact: Michael O'Reilly 5059842645
- Entertainment: David Geist is our Broadway pianist, veteran of 600 performances of CATS on Broadway, often with vocalists in the Geist Cabaret. We have brought Tony Award winners to the Cabaret for weekend gigs. Guest stars frequently perform.
- Special Events: Every Sunday Every bottle of wine on our list of 120 is half priced!!!
A word from Pranzo Italian Grill
Located in the Sanbusco Market Center on the Western edge of the Historic District, Pranzo has been a local favorite since 1988. We received the Wine Spectator 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, 2012 and 2013 Awards of Excellence. Broadway vocalists and pianists are featured in the Geist Cabaret Fridays and Saturdays. From Pizza Margherita to Linguine Carbonara, to Prime Colorado Ribeye Steak, Pranzo boasts Santa Fe's favorite Italian American cuisine, most knowledgeable waitstaff, New Mexico's deepest list of great Italian wines and 20 wines by the glass served Normale (6.3 oz.) and Gigante (9 oz.). Chef Steven Lemon greets multiple Northern New Mexico farmers in his kitchen each week to buy the finest and freshest produce available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pranzo Italian Grill - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Pranzo Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)special occasion (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerDinerDonDined on 11/2/2014Came with a $100 birthday gift certicate from our son. I had the lamb shank which I found outstanding and more than I could eat. My spouse had the cioppino which she judged to be good, but not outstanding. We shared the creme brulee, as we frequently do at Pranzo's, and neither of us thought it was quite up to their usual quality. The wine was excellent. We like Sunday night with the half-price bottles of wine!Special Features:
- A Great DiscoveryMOAandRBADined on 10/30/2014We have visited Santa Fe many times but just discovered Pranzo Italian Grill. We loved the food and appreciated the very good service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manytablesDined on 10/28/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the food and preparation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2014Decent wine list but no one who can make a solid recommendation on staff. Staff did not seem well trained. Food was good but not great.
- Slimmed down menuDannyboyDined on 10/19/2014Sadly they have a bed chef and he had removed most of the great things on the menu The menu is less than half what it was before and definately not as good It is still a great place for dinner but how I wish they had left the menu alone The chicken pasta dish was far too rich And the side salad is now just a pile of leaves drenched in oily dressing It used to have peppers onion olives etc now just lettuce Such a shameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meatballs ever!mongaDined on 10/14/2014We were getting tired of TeX mix for b,l&d every day and opted for something different. We were so surprised being NY Italians that a place this good exceeded outside our world... Meatballs were better than momma's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back for another nice eveningwesttexasDined on 10/7/2014Had the rib eye--perfectly done. Demi glaze was tasty as were the fries and artichoke salad. Will order again. Carbonara a bit "pasty" but the seafood pasta was excellent. Happy they accommodated our seating request!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday wineOracleDined on 10/5/2014The wine list at Pranzo's has only a few "affordable" selections. However, on Sundays, all wines are half price producing some real bargains to accompany the fine food.Special Features:
- Kathy was greatJMTRVIPDined on 10/4/2014Good food. Even better service. Kathy was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar FoodsfpoguesDined on 9/29/2014Met visitor there from out of town. Did the happy hour thing and they were very impressed with the drinks and prices. Will be back more often.Special Features:
- authentic and deliciousKPorterVIPDined on 9/28/2014The burrata with pears and toasted almonds was amazing. On the special starter list designed to feature foods fresh from the market, was stuffed squash blossoms with an arugula pesto and cherry mostado-a perfect blend of flavors. For entrees we enjoyed penne bolognese. the bolognese sauce was not only seasoned with herbs but also with spices, such as cinnamon and cloves. The spinach fettucini with grilled chicken and sun-dried tomatoes with a light alfredo sauce was perfect. And the best thing was the option to have a half order. A traditional tiramisu was delightfully light and large enough for 2. We dined on Sunday night when most bottles of wine were half price.Special Features:
- I had a fettucinin with chickenJustJudyDined on 9/26/2014and the chicken was gristly. Happily my DATE paid and I wasn't going to COMPLAIN on a first date. Probably will not go back, if I'M PAYING! Or, I will not order anything with CHICKEN!Special Features:
- What a ChefWineGuyDined on 9/26/2014The Chef is an original with themes based on classic Italian and Mediterranean. There' s music in an upstairs Cabaret with a pianist you'd expect to find in Manhattan at the Carlyle. Wine list is extensive and well priced--strongest in Italian and California.Special Features:
- Pranzo is ExcellentFantaSe717Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at Pranzo and loved every minute of it. The food was outstanding. Wine selection very good. Our waitress was excellent and gave us outstanding service, a rare find in Santa Fe. She was attentive without being overbearing and even brought us a complimentary tiramisu desert. We will definitely go to Pranzo again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real good timestoyoman24Dined on 9/13/2014I took a woman out on a date that is now my girlfriend we liked it she had been there before and this was my first time there. I very well may return as the food was really goodSpecial Features:
- Santa Fe findbulldoggerDined on 9/7/2014With a half price wine list on Sunday nights, Pranzo Italian Grill is a great find. The restaurant is attractive, not too noisy and we had good service. My pepperoni pizza hit the spot, and while my husband's calamari salad wasn't quite what he expected, it was acceptable.Special Features:
- JCOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014Terrible, rude service. They advertise half price bottles of wine on Sunday, but are out if everything on the wine list. Used to be good food, which is bland & boring now. We will not return.
- Second TasteDelightmytongueDined on 8/22/2014This was our second visit for lunch at this restaurant. Like the first, the food was superb, from the penne dish to the curry salmon. The Caesar salad was better than most, and the dessert was delicious. The waitress was prompt, attentive when needed, and properly personable. We will go again, probably at dinner.Special Features:
- GREATDorisDined on 8/19/2014We all enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great ItalianamiraDined on 8/19/2014Food is delicious and atmosphere is great. Every time I go to Santa Fe, I have to get dinner at Pronzo!Special Features:
- Too COLD to know....4warnedis4armedDined on 8/18/2014Unfortunately the usually steady Pranzo was not able to respond to our request to reduce the AC and we had to leave before ordering. The hostess was uncaring. Just a few weeks before when La Plazuela at La Fonda was cold, my friend was immediately offered a light wool wrap. This staff could use a great deal of seasoning....
- Good pastaalwaysthere1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Our service was outstanding and the seafood stew was excellent. Our drinks were a bit watered down even though we asked for them to be stirred and not shakenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant comfort ItalianCliveVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a very nice place for a basic Italian dinner. Its comfortable, has good service and a very basic and decent menu, fairly priced. This is a good choice for Italian here if you are up to a nice sauce and tasty italian meats.Special Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Pranzo Italian Grill reviews archive.
- jischnitVIPDined on 7/25/2014A wonderful evening of food and music in the Cabaret.
- NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCEDebnmDined on 7/25/2014Sorry to report we were extremely disappointed in our latest dinner. The noise level was incredible, people now seems to have the hooray for me attitude with no consideration for other peoples dining experience. To top it off the maître d decided to cram a table of six next to us that was meant to serve a party of four. There was literally no room between us what so ever so we decided to leave. The food was just ok, nothing special. It will be a while before I try Pranzos again.
- Very bad on many levelsSantaFeLocalVIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant was one of our favorites in Santa Fe. Under the new management of chef henry eating here is very disappointing. Food quality & portions took a big hit. Prices went up. Their senior wait staff was fired and replaced with inexperienced folks. Our last two visits resulted in our sending back our dishes. This never happened before. Other diners were sending dishes back also. Since this is the high tourist season the restaurant will be busy. however it's the locals that come back in the off season. This local will not.
- Consistently goodchefjudeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed the squash blossom appetizer and pasta entrees. Shrimp in mine were generous and cooked perfectly. Server attentive and courteous. One of our favorites in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old and tiredoutandaboutDined on 7/10/2014Overpriced and basic, nothing special. Mostly all seniors, the restaurant was completely empty by 9:30, but the kind staff let me and my date stay and talk at our table.
- Prices too highoperabuffDined on 7/4/2014We go to Pranzo at least once a year for our special dinner for attending the Santa Fe Opera. Normally, the food is excellent. This time the food was just okay. And at $20 for a dish of spaghetti, it was way over priced. We will think twice before we go back.
- Change in OwnershipDonMemoVIPDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I have eaten here numerous times over the years and have enjoyed our experience. The restaurant has new ownership and the service was spotty. One of our orders was wrong and has to be redone. The owner chef did being the redo to our table but the food was just average. Not sure if we will go back as there are many other good restaurants in town.
- Thanks for ShufflingRtwoDined on 7/1/2014As our main course was about to arrive, an over-cologned party was seated next to us. I asked to be moved and was pleased with the attitude from our waitstaff, as they were sympathetic to our wanting to actually taste our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsSandpupDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding Italian food. Creative chef with a wonderful menu.Special Features:
- DickDickDined on 6/21/2014Excellent service. Moderate portions. Parking in Sanbusco center is tight. Go around behind restaurant to find hidden parking area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPinSFDined on 6/17/2014This was our first visit to Pranzo but will not be our last. Very good food and a nice place for friends to visit over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDMMinSantaFeDined on 6/15/2014Nice bar area. Good food and great wine list but can get expensive quickly.Special Features:
- Great Service during a busy timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014The service was amazing during the 7 to 9PM time frame. We arrived for our 7PM reservation and was seated immediately. Our Server welcomed us and took our drink and food order with a fast kitchen delivering our food incredibly fast.Special Features:
- Bravo Vino SundayIndoirishDined on 6/8/2014Love going to Pranzo Restaurant about 4:30 PM on Sundays. Pranzo has all bottles of wine 1/2 off on Sundays!! This time they had Halibut Piccata as a daily special. Which was very delicious. Deconstructed Cesar salad is one of our favorite dishes. Chef Steven Lemon is a very talented chef and excels at creating innovative dishes. We also like pizza akal with hot sausage or pepperoni (every northern New Mexican must try this dish at least once as is or with meat).Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSmittyDined on 5/30/2014Was a fan of Pranzo a few years ago. Chef left and they went downhill. The Chef has return ed and has ownership in Pranzo. What a great surprise the old Pranzo is back and better! The food was exceptional and the service was friendly and efficient. The wine list is very good. Great California( Shafer ) and many Italian including an Amarone. The chef/owner and sommelier took the time to come to our table and chat. I would highly recommend Pranzo for food, Wine, service and ambiance. When in Santa Fe go to PRANZO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for lunch...calmdinerDined on 5/20/2014White table clothes without being too pricy. Service is good. Food is great and they have a gluten-free pasta that can be substituted. Most important (to me) is that it is quiet so I can have a relaxed lunch and visit with friends.Special Features:
- FavoriteMarySDined on 5/18/2014We always enjoy Pronzo's for two reasons. They have great specials on their wines, either half-price on Sundays for a bottle or early bird specials during the week. We appreciate their promotions - free dessert for an anniversary or a birthday. We are older and don't like huge portions - we appreciate their half portion option on pasta dishes or during early bird dining. It is a restaurant that does what we like best.Special Features: