434 W. Ontario St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pranzichicago.com/
- Phone: 3129444340
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch & Dinner: 11:00am - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can cater any type of event from birthdays to business lunches. There is no amount as to how many people we can cater for! For more information to our catering menu visit our website. www.pranzichicago.com
A word from Pranzi
Pranzi is the newest edition to the bustling River North area. Outfitted in handsome silvers and grays, custom chandeliers hanging in the ceiling and signature Rat Pack photography. You'll find the occasional Frank Sinatra playlist paired with their videos during dining hours. When night time hits Pranzi transforms into a unique abstract lounge with signature shots, drink specials, and an upscale soundtrack all night long.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pranzi reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)romantic (3)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent, well-priced food!KlecapitVIPDined on 8/22/20145 of us at here on Friday night. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced, especially for river north. Great outdoor dining as well. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeYummyDined on 8/22/2014I was in the mood for bruschetta-that was great! The marinara sauce on my pasta tasted like it came out of a can. The pizza was decent but nothing to rave about. The waiter and owner were nice and accommodating for a group. Live music on a Friday which was very nice but in a small restaurant, very loud. Not sure if I'd return.
- Great location but "meh."crashthedogDined on 8/19/2014Great location, with sexy bones, but underwhelming as a whole. Service was generally terrible, as the wait staff argued over which of them had to take our table - the rest were grouped around the tv while the loser trudged over. Drinks took forever in spite of there only being here tables occupied, and some drinks were forgotten. Food was passable, but nothing outstanding - a couple of the pasta dishes were really overcooked. I won't be back - there are too many other solid options in the area. Given the cool space they had to work with here, an opportunity lost, really.
- LisaDined on 7/7/2014We came upon Pranzi by accident and really liked it!! Food was very good...especially for the price!! Big portions! Service, and atmosphere topped it off!! we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had Mellissa pick our pizza she had 2 picked so the bartender decide on which one, I don't remember the name of it (double pizza) it was great and the salad was huge and very good. It's a great place we walked from our hotel on Wacker so it was a nice walk in a place that you wouldn't even know it was there. It was worth the trip. The drinks were great.Special Features:
- Pranzi last minute dinnerRoseGDined on 6/6/2014We didn't have reservations to start with once leaving our convention, so my party of 5 were starving. It was prime dinner time so everything was packed in the location we were plus there was an hour(+) wait. So, I get on my OpenTable app and lo and behold Pranzi pops up. I always read reviews and menu prior to booking. The reviews were good and they didn't have a wait. We show up and it was rather quiet but it turns out we missed the late dinner crowd. Our waitress was very nice and made suggestions for us to order 2 pizzas and appetizers. The salads and apps arrived shortly afterwards. My group was VERY happy with the quality of food and ambiance.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Pranzi reviews archive.
- awesome pizzabuckeyegirlVIPDined on 5/6/2014great thin pizza, pasta delicious, panzerotti (calzone) was amazing. arancini just ok compared to othersSpecial Features:
- Great drinks (and pulled pork)NoahFVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great little West-RN bar and restaurant. Good drinks and a good beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food, service and valueDoitagainDined on 4/6/2014the food, service and value more than met my expectations for a group of 6 people. will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicepurd2006Dined on 4/5/2014Our waiter recommended we get two medium pizzas for four of us to share. After we order, on his recommendation, one thin and one stuffed crust, we couldn't believe how large the medium was. We asked our waiter what he was thinking after recommending two mediums for four people, and he replied with 'well you ordered it'. Not to mention the food was barely warm when we received it. It was also so loud we could barely hear each other speak and our table was directly behind another table and there was no room between us an the next table of guests. Although the food was alright, we will not be going back.
- Good addition to the neighborhoodketchupsoupVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was very good. Portions were very large, almost too large. But I like leftovers, so It worked. Our server was great! Attentive but not overbearing. Good knowledge and just a pleasure! Manager/partner stopped by to ask how things were. Nice touch! I will definitely go back!